27 September 2006

 
A Diagram to Explain the Process if you need to see a larger image... click on the image above.
Comments:
Okay..... No. That prosses is dumb for the most part. What happened to times when things were actually natural? Seriously people. It's still a big deal if a worm doesnt have to poop through its own mouth and we're scanning embryos for ear cancer? That's kinda wierd.

I know I know... We're the most advanced race on this earth. Well.. I'm going to ex-planet pluto so there. *sticks her tongue out* But still.... What is wrong with natural birth? What happened to actually having a child that LOOKS and ACTS and IS actually your child? I'd rather have that then some scarry bird, cat, dog, rabbit, panda sponge human child with one green eye, 5 ears, 7 eyes, 8 legs and a beak. Seriously. What happenes if the scientist messes up and gives you a diseased embryo and your child dies of the black death at age 6. Not fair.

If you have these sorts of diseases in your gene pool and your chances of passing it on to your offspring, then perhaps you should adopt. Adopting is helping the world population, saving the life of a child and giving one a new home, a family, food and most important.. love. This embryo screening is stupid. 'nuff said.
 
Edito:

The slippery slope: If we are scanning embyros now. What will happen in the future. Soon enough, children will start developing outside the womb and there will be certain traits to each. Children would be litterly grown into a certain mold. People made for labour, intelligence, speed, acting, dancing ect. ect. What's comming next then. Many movies such as... Gattica!

How would you like to be the proud parents of an oompa oompa?!

Opportunity would vanish before us and there would be no room for advancement. Also, discrimination would go up the wazoo.

"Well I'm better because you were only grown to be a Labour child."

"Well I'm made for intelligence."

You get the picture. I think this research should stop where it is. Stop spreading your silly diseases everywhere and up into everyone's business. People are dieing and people will ALWAYS die. If you're going to have a child.. then be my guest but if you're going to give them ear cancer... See my above post and re read it. and then if you still are thinking about getting an embryo screening, re-read it again.
 
Do we really want a perfect society?...Have the power tosave your child is the same as changing your child. If their was the slitset chance that i would be able to survie i would want to do it on my own. If the child was to recive a certain type of cancer or diease than i would rather fight though it so i would become stronger. This could also take away from your childs personality. If fate chose your child to have a certain way of life than thats the way it should be. You could really change the coruse of history if the child that was supposed to die lives.... I guess we will never know until we are there or in that position. I would want my child the way they come out or they may feel like they belong so i would want a natrual birth in all its glory.
 
I can't say that this process is wrong, but it is not right, neither is it natural. I think that parents should have the option as to whether they want their child to have this procedure done to them or not. There are probably some high risks in this surgery and i would let the parents decide if they wanted their child undergoing this surgery.
 
It basically comes down to whether or not the parents want this kind of procedure done to their children to ensure specific traits or qualities that the child will or won't develop. Either way, the parents are going to decide anyway..it's not like having someone say "oh jeez, i don't know about that procedure" is going to change their mind. They're going to do what they want to do either way, so I don't think someone's opinion will effect theirs.
 
That's my comment up there, by the way. ^

Amanda Moody
Period 3. :)
 
I think the process is alright if your searching for embryos without disease. In the future there could be no genetic diseases and so insurance should pay for scanning of embryos for disease.
 
i don't think sarah could've said it better. i mean who wants a perfect nation? but i also agree with willy because its all the parents decisn and not anyone elses. i'm sure if there was a deadly disease in your child you'd want the best for your child.
 
I agree with brianna because if you change something about your child it could possibly alter the childs ideas and beliefs potentionaly making our civilization degenerate into primitive beings.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?