16 October 2006
Agree/Disagree: Period 3
Comments:
<< Home
I read the article "Fur Flies on the Catwalk." The article talks about how animal rights activists disaprove of the use of fur in fashion. I agree with the animal rights activists. Most everyone would agree that humans are somewhat superior to other animals. If we are so superior, why do we need to kill animals for their fur? There are many alternatives. I think that using fur in fashion is not necessary, especially when we can produce fake fur that looks so similar without killing any innocent animals.
I also read the article
"Fur Flies on the Catwalk"
=^_^= Meow.
The article stated:
"A spokeswoman for the activists said: "On fur farms, animals spend their entire lives confined to tiny, filthy cages, where they often go insane before they are killed by poisoning, gassing, anal electrocution or neck-breaking."
That is 900% True. They cage these small and cuddly creatures in barns almost and usually they cram about 4 cats into one small cage so they can hardly move. Once they kill them, they stuff them into metal gas chambers and poison them then leave them there for many days sometimes... This is WRONG.
Power to the anti-fur people.
Fur is dead !!
"Fur Flies on the Catwalk"
=^_^= Meow.
The article stated:
"A spokeswoman for the activists said: "On fur farms, animals spend their entire lives confined to tiny, filthy cages, where they often go insane before they are killed by poisoning, gassing, anal electrocution or neck-breaking."
That is 900% True. They cage these small and cuddly creatures in barns almost and usually they cram about 4 cats into one small cage so they can hardly move. Once they kill them, they stuff them into metal gas chambers and poison them then leave them there for many days sometimes... This is WRONG.
Power to the anti-fur people.
Fur is dead !!
AnnaP3
I read the PETA tries to stop cockroach eating contest(now really....doesn't that title just make you wanna read it?:) I doo not see anything wrong with eating cockroaches. Iwould never do that and I think it's gross, but if people want to, be my guest. I meanthats like me going to your house dinner time and saying no, you cannot eat that beef. Whats the big deal? If you really wannt down 36 cockroaches for a season VIP tickets, you deserve them.
I read the PETA tries to stop cockroach eating contest(now really....doesn't that title just make you wanna read it?:) I doo not see anything wrong with eating cockroaches. Iwould never do that and I think it's gross, but if people want to, be my guest. I meanthats like me going to your house dinner time and saying no, you cannot eat that beef. Whats the big deal? If you really wannt down 36 cockroaches for a season VIP tickets, you deserve them.
I read the article "animal rights group protests at circus".I believe the the animal rights group is wrong.i think that the using of animals to enterain is ok.Its kinda like bands playing at concerts and magicians and stuff.If group doesnt like it they should not watch the show.
Amanda Moody..Morning. =]
I read the article "Ben & Jerrys to use eggs from cage-free chickens."
The article stated:
"So intensively confined, the birds can never engage in many important natural behaviors, including nesting, perching, and walking,"
I agree with this statement, as well as the rest of the article, because I think that by confining the chickens to a small cage does not allow them to exhibit their full potential in certain areas, in this case egg-laying. I think that by allowing the chickens to roam freely, they are able take on more natural behaviors, allowing their eggs to be of higher quality.
I read the article "Ben & Jerrys to use eggs from cage-free chickens."
The article stated:
"So intensively confined, the birds can never engage in many important natural behaviors, including nesting, perching, and walking,"
I agree with this statement, as well as the rest of the article, because I think that by confining the chickens to a small cage does not allow them to exhibit their full potential in certain areas, in this case egg-laying. I think that by allowing the chickens to roam freely, they are able take on more natural behaviors, allowing their eggs to be of higher quality.
Hey Amanda, I read "Ben & Jerry's to use eggs from cage-free chickens" too!
I completely agree with this article. It's bad enough that an animal is in a cage all day, but to then make the cage so small that the animal cannot even partake in normal behaviors. This is limiting the animals potential. you wouldn't want to be a cage that small, so why do it to an animal that gives you food you need to live.
"Approximately 95 percent of eggs sold in the United States come from birds confined in barren battery cages," the Humane Society said in a statement. This needs to be changed NOW.
I'm kind of surprised that Ben & Jerry's didn't think about this until now.
Anyway, power to Ben & Jerry's to do end their use of caged chickens!
I completely agree with this article. It's bad enough that an animal is in a cage all day, but to then make the cage so small that the animal cannot even partake in normal behaviors. This is limiting the animals potential. you wouldn't want to be a cage that small, so why do it to an animal that gives you food you need to live.
"Approximately 95 percent of eggs sold in the United States come from birds confined in barren battery cages," the Humane Society said in a statement. This needs to be changed NOW.
I'm kind of surprised that Ben & Jerry's didn't think about this until now.
Anyway, power to Ben & Jerry's to do end their use of caged chickens!
I read the article "Fur Flies on the Catwalk." I agree with this article. This article states how animal rights actvists disagree with the use of fur on fashion. Why do we need fur? Their are plenty of materials out there now that will keep us warm, so why do we need fur? Using the fur is not the only bad part, whats even worse is how we get the fur. This is a careless act that is not needed for human survival.
Jessica Woeckener p3
Ben and jerry's
I think its better that they let the chickens live freely and openly in the world. B/C if it prohibits them from doing natural things then it could be ahrming the eggs we eat. So i would rather prefer to eat healthy eggs then unhealthy cages chicken's eggs. ALso i dont think that it is such a big deal because 95% of the eggs we eat is from caged hens, so if no one is getting sick or anythign why change it?
Ben and jerry's
I think its better that they let the chickens live freely and openly in the world. B/C if it prohibits them from doing natural things then it could be ahrming the eggs we eat. So i would rather prefer to eat healthy eggs then unhealthy cages chicken's eggs. ALso i dont think that it is such a big deal because 95% of the eggs we eat is from caged hens, so if no one is getting sick or anythign why change it?
I read "fur flies on the catwalk"
This was just an example of the torture that these animals have to go through..it's terrible, and wrong, especially when synthetic furs look a lot like the real thing, so basically the only reason animals are killed for fur is because designers want the "real" look..what real look? how many people can tell what's real and what's not by looking at it?
In the article, it says that there were a very small number of activists that day. well, i think if your going to make any difference, you're going to need more than 3 people who can be thrown out. there are a lot of people that would want to help this cause. if it was more publicized, then more people would want to help out. a larger group of people would mak a bigger statement.
This was just an example of the torture that these animals have to go through..it's terrible, and wrong, especially when synthetic furs look a lot like the real thing, so basically the only reason animals are killed for fur is because designers want the "real" look..what real look? how many people can tell what's real and what's not by looking at it?
In the article, it says that there were a very small number of activists that day. well, i think if your going to make any difference, you're going to need more than 3 people who can be thrown out. there are a lot of people that would want to help this cause. if it was more publicized, then more people would want to help out. a larger group of people would mak a bigger statement.
I read the article "New federal law requires helping evacuate pets in a disaster." I think that this is a very good idea especially for those people who depend on animals for thier everyday life. IF i had an animal i would want to bring them with me. Its just wrong that you would have to leave them its so sad. So i totally support the bill.
Jess Q
I read "Ben & Jerry's to use eggs from cage-free chickens." Even though chickens are obviously not of the smartest species on the planet, I believe that they should be treated fairly well, and not be kept in cages. If they are kept in cages, neither the chicken nor the owner of the chicken is to an advantage, because the chicken is being treated inhumanely, and the human will not receive any, or few eggs from the chicken. Therefore, I agree with Ben & Jerry's to only use eggs from free-range chickens, because the chicken will be healthier, and it was treated humanely.
I read "Ben & Jerry's to use eggs from cage-free chickens." Even though chickens are obviously not of the smartest species on the planet, I believe that they should be treated fairly well, and not be kept in cages. If they are kept in cages, neither the chicken nor the owner of the chicken is to an advantage, because the chicken is being treated inhumanely, and the human will not receive any, or few eggs from the chicken. Therefore, I agree with Ben & Jerry's to only use eggs from free-range chickens, because the chicken will be healthier, and it was treated humanely.
I read the article "Fur Flies on the Catwalk." This articles explains how fur in fashion is not supported by animal activists. These activiest make signs to make a point and show that it is a shame to use animal fur.
"Designers who still use fur are heartless and shameless."
I agree with this statement. How can you torture innocent animals for their fur. It is wrong. Designers really have no heart if they can do this just so they could be successful. It is not only inhummane but it is just immoral. How low can you sink to kill innocent animals when fake fur can be made. It looks and feels like the real deal. Fashion can deffinately survive without fur, its looks horrible. Also the person wearing the animal fur is crazy. They really should think about what they were doing. Its just like scalping a person for their hair. It is just wrong.
"Designers who still use fur are heartless and shameless."
I agree with this statement. How can you torture innocent animals for their fur. It is wrong. Designers really have no heart if they can do this just so they could be successful. It is not only inhummane but it is just immoral. How low can you sink to kill innocent animals when fake fur can be made. It looks and feels like the real deal. Fashion can deffinately survive without fur, its looks horrible. Also the person wearing the animal fur is crazy. They really should think about what they were doing. Its just like scalping a person for their hair. It is just wrong.
i also read the article "Animal Right Group To Protest At Circus" just like Trevor.
I would also have to disagree with the Maine Friends of Animals group. I believe it is ok for wild animals to take part in circuses. The animals make the circus a fun and enjoyable show to all. Without animals a circus would not be a circus. But there are some conditions i feel are necessary for animals to take part in a circus. First of all they need to be treated and taken care of good. They need to be happy and have a good amount to eat. The animals should not be abused and have a good amount of time to sleep and rest. Overall i believe that using wild animals in circuses is ok just as long as they are treated well.
I would also have to disagree with the Maine Friends of Animals group. I believe it is ok for wild animals to take part in circuses. The animals make the circus a fun and enjoyable show to all. Without animals a circus would not be a circus. But there are some conditions i feel are necessary for animals to take part in a circus. First of all they need to be treated and taken care of good. They need to be happy and have a good amount to eat. The animals should not be abused and have a good amount of time to sleep and rest. Overall i believe that using wild animals in circuses is ok just as long as they are treated well.
I read the article on cage free chickens. I think that if what the group is saying is true (that the chickens can't walk, perch or nest) then it is wrong to keep them penned up like that. If I were Ben & Jerry's I would make sure the Societies info is correct and If it was I would do the same thing Ben & Jerry's is.
I read the article on the cockroach eating contest. Why anyone would try to stop it is beyond me...
1. Nobody really like cockroaches.
2. It's like eating chicken, or beef, or any other animal. Except for the fact you're gettign rewarded for it.
1. Nobody really like cockroaches.
2. It's like eating chicken, or beef, or any other animal. Except for the fact you're gettign rewarded for it.
I read the article "New Federal Law Requires Helping Evacuate Pets in a Disaster". I also think this is a good idea, because people shouldn't have to leave their pets behind. So i agree with Amanda and support the bill.
I read the article "Animal Rights Group To Protest At Circus". I definitely agree with Trevor and Alex. I don't think there is anything wrong with animals performing at the circus as long as they are treated well. I think that the animals have fun and enjoy performing for the circus. They must enjoy it because if they didn't like it, they would not perform to their full potential.
I also read the article "New Federal Law Requires Helping Evacuate Pets in a Disaster". I agree with Amanda and Chan and support the bill. And i also think this new law is a good idea because pets are part of people's family and should be rescued also along with their owners.
I read the article "series of laws toughen animal protection in California" and I agree with the bill because I learned from somewhere that a lot of animals were found dead in cars because of overheating and no proper ventilation and this might help stop this problem.
I happened to read the same article as Alanna. (Cockroaches) Some people may think of cockroaches as normal animals. However, they are not a source of nutrition for many species, nor do they help to regulate the environment (like plants). Therefore, I say, go on with your cockroach-eating contests. Have fun.
Well, i read the article about PETA trying to stopt the cockroach eating contests, and all I can say is WOW!!
If humans are on the top of te foodchain, then we ARE entitled to eat anything below us, which includes cockroaches. Its not right for an organization to tell people what they can and cannot eat. I mean, if somebody really wanted to eat a coackroach (ewhich is pretty gross), they have every right to do so.
If humans are on the top of te foodchain, then we ARE entitled to eat anything below us, which includes cockroaches. Its not right for an organization to tell people what they can and cannot eat. I mean, if somebody really wanted to eat a coackroach (ewhich is pretty gross), they have every right to do so.
I read "New federal law requires helping evacuate pets in a disaster". I disagree complety to it. Why should we have people refusing to go to away from danger to save one animal. That is suicide. We are taking animals out of thier natural envirements as it is so people that are for animals rights that has animals look at your self. You are making animals domestic. So if had left these animals alone at the beginiing, we wouldn't have this problem. Why would anyone die for one animal? I don't get it. So just let the animals on but don't make it a law and don't, don't don't don't don't, even think about putting an animal on the helicopter instead of a human. That is wrong.
I completely disagree with PETA and the cockroach incident. It is just another example of PETA taking something to seriously and to far. If you read the article I posted, they are barely act humane themselves, who are they to tell someone they can't eat a cockroach. Essentially their saying its wrong to squish a bug but its fine to kill 40 dogs! Read the article I posted and you'll understand.
I do agree with the activists from the artical "Fur Flies on the Catwalk." But I do have a problem with people saying certian things. Like stop altogether because its bad maybe if the animals don't suffer and if their already dead than you could use them but who would know its not like the ENTIRE WORLD is going to walk around with lincenes for fur cloths...lol... its hard to change the worlds opinion but maybe you can if you believe in your purpose so much. For those that do GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!
i agree with the federal law that allows animals to be rescued too. I think that animals live to i mean think about it if you were owned by adog or something (really stretch your imagination!) i konw i d be scared to death to be left behind when they were rescued. i know this is really kind of a farfetched idea, but think about and i think you might understand what i mean by it.
Also i agree with the stopping using the fur from animals especially if you can make fake fur that is just as good. (i actually think that fake fur feels cooler)(but thats just me) also(and this is kinda random but i gotta ask) is fake fur called like faux fur or something like that?
Also i agree with the stopping using the fur from animals especially if you can make fake fur that is just as good. (i actually think that fake fur feels cooler)(but thats just me) also(and this is kinda random but i gotta ask) is fake fur called like faux fur or something like that?
i read "Fur Flies on the Catwalk" I agree w/ the animal rights activist. Animals should not be used in fashion. First of all, the way they treat the animals before they die is inhumain. At least make their deaths painless. Second, there isn't a point to fur. We have materials that are warmer. We also have materials that look like fur. So i don't see the point of fur.
i read the article and i agree with the animal rights. what is the oint of killing innocent animals for their fur in fashion? why not just use fake fur that is almost identical to to real fur?
Post a Comment
<< Home
