16 October 2006

 
State Opinion: Period 1
Comments:
I for one didnt work my way up the food chain just to eat grass.And any animal raised for food should become just that.I'm not saying that vegetarians are wrong,but if food is there,eat it.

Fur is an entirely different subject.Has anyone ever heard of faux fur?Hmm?well it is there and it can be used.It takes about 55 minks to make one mink coat.One mink coat that most people dont wear that often.

Animals are obviosly below us is many ways but they do need some rights.I think that testing cosmetics on animals is a terrible thing that shouldnt be allowed.Testing for a better cause such as cancer on AIDS is a much better purpose.

I dont see a problem with companionship between people and animals as long as there are no malicious acts towards the animal.

And finally animals in entertainment.animals for entertainment should be trained in a kind and non-brutal way.If an animal is trained in a violent way it probably will not trust humans and eventually turn on their hamdler.The training of elephants in circuses to me, should be illegal.

In all,animals have the right to to be animals.As a pet or as a food group.Some restrictions should be set up for entertainment and research so animals are treated less cruely
 
I think animals do have rights. They are living creatures just like us and don't deserve to be tested on, killed for game, or for vanity purposes. We think humans are more important because we are on the top of the food chain.

I think we can use animals for food and neccesties, like the native americans did with the buffalo, but other than that, it's just not fair to the animals.
 
animals, being living things should have rights.animals today are being used for wrong things that us humans probably wont want to be used for.animals are living too and u cant just take away their lives for ur own living purposes.

i think using animals for entertainment such as elephants for circuses and various animals for zoos. the animals can go on a rampage and kill us humans. recently circus elephants have been going crazy because of homesickness. these elephants have been killing humans. could u bear to see an animal locked up in a cage when its family is out there searching for him. i dont like zoos very much for this reason.

using animals for fasion is not good unless the animal is alredy dead. if u kill the animal for its meat but dont know what to do with the fur then it could be used. but if ur killing an animal just for its fur and the rest of its body id going to waste then i think its wrong. im sure there are other ways people could keep warm and not hurt animals.

companionship between animals and humans is fine as long as the animal is being fed,taken care of properly, and respected. its okay as long as the animal is not harmed or in a harsh environment.

testing animals is another thing. i would say choose the oldest mouse out of all the mice out there which is still healthy for testing. in the case of AIDs and other diseases such as cancer which actually need a treatment and many people are dying from it then its fine to use animals.

as far as eating animals goes im fine with it because we have to eat animals in order to live and animals have to eat other animals and plants in order to eat. its part of the life cycle and if we save too many animals we might get like 500 deer in our backyard or crossing the streets.

i would say animals have rights but they are limited up to the fact of what our necessities are. there should be retictions for us on testing animals, entertainment, and fasion so animals can live for a purpose.
 
Of course animals have rights. They are living creatures that should not be used for fashion or other cosmetic reasons, hunted just for fun, or tested on (unless it's for cancer or something)

It is different when it comes to food. I dont think there is anything wrong with using animals for food. It's all part of life and we need meat to survive. Even animals need to eat other animals.
 
I think that animals should have more rights then they have. There is way too much animal abuse. A carney in a circus beats an elephant thinking, "It's just an animal." In reality, we're all animals. We have just advanced farther is all. We were once monkeys.

I never found the reason to wearing fur. It's just fuzzy......Why are we killing animals for fuzzy clothes? Can't everything be artificially fuzzy? Do we need thier fur? I can understand if you killed the animal for FOOD and had the fur left over and didn't want to waste it, but just killing random animals saying, "My wife would love this fur for her scarf."

Cosmetics are tested on animals, but why? I,for one, don't think that we should test animals to see if our shampoo will actually work. (A little off topic, but have you seen a mouse with frizzy fur to test the shampoo on?)I think that even when it comes to testing on animals for diseases, you should use animals that are VERY far from being extinct.

I love the idea of pets, as long as there is no abuse. I think everyone who gets a pet should make sure they can do ALL the required work to maintain a pet. You shouldn't get a pet if your fat and lazy and won't let it out or feed it. There's no point then.

I am not about to give up meat. I love all the cute animals, but like other carnivores, we need meat to survive. It's no big deal if we eat a lamb. When a wolf kills a sheep to live, it's like all of a sudden, killing a sheep is wrong. Then we hunt down, and kill the wolf for doing what we do. We shouldn't punish animals like that very harshly. It's all about survival, as humans know very well.

I think that the killing of random animals in the woods is wrong too. Even if there is a lot of deer, killing them for sport? That's like a deer saying," There are so many humans, let's gun down a few. MUHAHAHA!"
 
"I for one didnt work my way up the food chain just to eat grass."
haha...thats cute!
Well I agree ....
I happen to like meat. It's very tastey!!!
I think animals are perfectly fine to eat. I mean that how it is supposed to be...we eat animals. If you mess up the little system we have here...well hello!!! animal overpopulation anyone??
I think it is perfectly healthy and natural to eat animals. I mean like not eating your dog is different...obviously!
Ok...now vanity is different! I think that the only acceptable circumstance in wearing fur is if you killed the animal purely for food and you use the fur because its there....now lets not waste anything! But if you decide I want a mink coat and you go and kill 55 minks for one coat...ummm no. Thats not cool. Lets keep all this in proportion. I am not an extremist. I think we need do decide what crosses the line. Killing dear for game is not cool either! I mean since when is KILLING a game??? I don't get it. It wouldn't even be fun. It's just cruel!!!
I think that testing is acceptable in some circumstances. Like, if you decide you need to test this new conditioner... thats not okeedokee! However...I do love my conditioner. But anyway...If you want to treat cancer or aids...animal testing is definitely ok. Anything that could possibly save human lives is an acceptable reason to test on animals.
Personally...I dont like circuses. What is so fun. They smell and there are creepy clowns and the world's smallest women. It's just plain weird. Watching animals perform is definitely not worth it. It doesn't even amuse me. I dont think there should be circuses. I do not support entertainment at the expense of a poor little animal. Don't you think that's taking advantage of our position a little too much? I do...
So I think im going to eat some chicken right now...cluck cluck!!!
 
I think we (humans) definitely have more rights than other animals. Animals kill then eat (or perhaps vice versa)other animals all the time, so why can't we kill animals? If people want to outlaw humans killing animals, why don't we make laws that prevent animals from killing animals while we're at it?

Then comes the "killing for fun" issue. While it's probably not right, I don't think it can be stopped. And for all we know, animals might kill other animals just for the heck of it as well. Yeah, think about that...

Finally we have testing issues. Here's the thing: if we don't test things on animals, who's left? That's right, humans. Not cool.
 
I definitely think that animals have certain rights. They are living things just like us and they deserve to be treated well. Using animals for jewelry, clothing, or cosmetic reasons, too me, is completely unacceptable. It is different if you are using them for certain necessities in life (food, shelter, etc.). Using them for food is just another part of the food chain.

Now for killing animals for sport. There may be a lot of deer in the world but killing them for fun or for sport is very wrong. I think that if you were going to eat the meat then thats fine, but if the only reason you are killing it is to hang it up on your wall for show then that's just cruel.
 
animals are so cute and it would be wrong to abuse them or keep them confined. but does that mean that we shouldn't keep them as pets? there are some people who are neglectant and abusive towards their pets.

think of all the polution that is happening around the world, and all the people that are effected by it. now think of the animals who are losing their homes, sources of food, getting sick, etc. due to us, animals are suffering.

animals did just fine before technology. before roads, animals had more room to live, before
wood-based products, the rain forest, and the animals that are living in it wouldn't have to search to find their rightful territory, before factories that spewed out disgusting chemicals into the rivers and oceans, before humans got lazy and decided that they didn't want to throw out their trash, sea creatures didn't die because of poison and toxins.

we are mostly to blame for the suffering of animals because our lifestyles depend on it. AND we can't change our way of living because it would be too much of a hassle and many people wouldn't care if animals died because of it. we've grown accustomed to our lifestyle and are reluctant to change it.

animals DO have rights and that is important, but there are just not enough people who care enough to do anything about it. i mean we all say it's important to respect animals but do we actually do anything for their protection?
 
animals shouls have rights. The way we treat them is just horrible. Humans dont live in sheds with ten thousand others waiting to be slaughtered. I understand that we have to aet but slaughterhouses are just horibble. On one site, i heard that a live chicken is transformed into a mcdonalds chicken nugget in less than one minute. Is that really what you want to be eating. teasting chemicals on rats is even worse. Thousands of rats are killed trying to make a new chemical that endsnup not even doing anything. That is how i feel avout animal rights.
 
i think that animals should have right to a certain extent. On the matter of killing them i think it is just fine to kill animals for food. Animals that should be raised for food should be killed and eaten. The same thing with hunting. If u r gonna eat a deer or what ever u want to hunt i have no problem with that unless the animal is an endangered species. However hunting them to make clothes well thats just taking advantage of being more advanced(not sure if thats the right word for it) species.

Then theres the problem of experimentation on animals. I think it depends on what u r experimenting with. Experimenting with a animal is ok as long as it is something like a mouse that can breed fast and we won't kill off the species. Also i think we shouldn't experiment on animals if it is going to torture them. The only time i have no problem with experimenting with animals is if there is a sudden outbreak of a human disease and that is the fastest way to find a cure.
 
I think animals should definitely have rights. They're creatures too just like we are. They shouldn't be used for just anything.

I can't see anything wrong with using animals for food. We've gotta eat, don't we?

Using animals for testing and for clothing are completely different issues. Just because we want to wear it doesn't mean we should kill it. I think if an animal has already died of a natural cause than go ahead and use it for whatever you need/want it for. But just killing in animal for its fur is completely immoral. It sounds retarted to be like "oh well imagine how would u feel if u were an animal" but seriously, how would you? People offen don't think about that.

I think testing products on animals is really really wrong. The reason certain products are tested on animals before they're tested on humans is because they could be deadly.Sure you have to test things to know if they'll work. But if you're gonna test it on an animal than you mine as well test it on other things as well.

So in general I think animals should have rights. And I think there should be laws to protect them from the dumb things people use them for.
 
i do believe that animals have rights, but to an extent. If you are compromising human health for the good of a lab rat then i think that is bordering on rediculous. I do believe animals have the right not to be tortured. If a pet is being abused then i believe it deserves the right to a better home. However, if animal testing can cure cancer i'm all for it. I do also think that chicken and beef and other food products made form animals are necessary and should not be considered as torture or abuse. We are the dominant species and therefore it is our job to keep animal population in check. The environment maintains balance due to the consumption of certain species. I dont believe in killing animals as a sport or for fashion however. I think that is a waste of a living creature and completely wrong.
 
SImilar to the embryo selection topic, I think that using animals and killing them in certain cases is acceptable but other times it's just cruel. We have been killing animals and using them as our primary food source for thousands of years. I would almost say that killing them is just part of nature. It controls overpopulation. It has been pretty much standard for soooo long. There has to be some balance and difference in the ratio from humans to animals. Killing them for food as well as them dying of natural causes helps to ensure that. So, to me, killing them as a source of food is fine.
But, I do think that killing animals for things such as their fur for fashion purposes is just cruel. There are so many other materials and ways to keep yourself all nice and toasty.. why resort to killing an animal when it is not for a necessity?Like tori said,, if it's the "look" of fur that you're going for.. just use faux fur. unless your jLo you wouldnt be able to tell the difference anyway.
also... testing various products on certain animals is OK in specific circumstances as well. Ex: testing medicines to cure disease.
cosmetic testing is not imperative to the survival of the human race.. so why bother?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?