28 January 2007
Postings, Opinions, & Links from Period One
Comments:
<< Home
Organs shoud be able to be legally advertised, sold, and bought. So many more people would be made aware of a situation that someone is undergoing if stories were advertised just like Todd's was. This might make people want to know how to help the person.
If a person is in dire need of an organ, of course the selling of organs is ethical. It helps, right?
I would definately become an organ donor. I would love to help someone like Todd stay alive.
If a person is in dire need of an organ, of course the selling of organs is ethical. It helps, right?
I would definately become an organ donor. I would love to help someone like Todd stay alive.
i think it is okay for organs to be legally advertised, sold and bought. if people are willing to donate their liver then why not let them find out about the people who are having liver problems. also if it is advertised then we will have more livers to transplant and many more people would be out of the risk.
i think it is totally ethical and moral because it does help out and us humans have to help each other.
i would definitly donate an organ but i think i would need to be a little older like 21 years old or something. i think this should be age limit for donating any kind of organs.
i am only afraid that something might happen when i am at this age but once i get older i dont think it would matter because it helps out and its not like im going to die.
i think helping each other out is like the best thing in this world .
i think it is totally ethical and moral because it does help out and us humans have to help each other.
i would definitly donate an organ but i think i would need to be a little older like 21 years old or something. i think this should be age limit for donating any kind of organs.
i am only afraid that something might happen when i am at this age but once i get older i dont think it would matter because it helps out and its not like im going to die.
i think helping each other out is like the best thing in this world .
i think that if i were in Todds place and i had the money then i would definitly do the same exact thing he did..
i think that laws SHOULD be changed so that people can buy, sell, trade, and advertise organs for transplant. if it's a part of their body, then they should be able to do whatever they want. something like face transplants, or stuff like that is a LITTLE bit much but still...it's their body. i dont really get why advertising organs would be illegal in the first place, i mean is it because people get offended by what's being advertised? if they are, well i mean it's not like they HAVE to listen of look at the advertisement in the first place.
i think the sale of organs is moral because if people are trying to help other people LIVE, then i don't think that's wrong. when strangers help others, it shows that there are some people in this world that are actually nice. this was a really easy question.
i think i WOULD consider wat todd did because if i needed a liver transplant, the smart thing to do would be to get donors first. and a good way to do that is to advertise yourself saying you need help.
i think the sale of organs is moral because if people are trying to help other people LIVE, then i don't think that's wrong. when strangers help others, it shows that there are some people in this world that are actually nice. this was a really easy question.
i think i WOULD consider wat todd did because if i needed a liver transplant, the smart thing to do would be to get donors first. and a good way to do that is to advertise yourself saying you need help.
I definitely think that organs should be legally advertised, bought, and sold. I think, if people and families are willing to donate their organs to help others, then they should be allowed too. Like many people have said, it is their body and they should be able to do whatever they wish with it. Like it said in the article, many people were made aware of Todd's situation through the billboard. The family received many email and phone calls, which would help improve the chances of Todd getting the donation.
I could see why some people would have a problem with this though. Especially because thousands of people are waiting for transplants just like Todd. We say this is moral and ethical, but would we be saying this if we were in need of an organ transplant?
I would become an organ donor because I could have a chance to help someone. Knowing that I allowed soemone to stay alive, would be a great feeling!!!
I could see why some people would have a problem with this though. Especially because thousands of people are waiting for transplants just like Todd. We say this is moral and ethical, but would we be saying this if we were in need of an organ transplant?
I would become an organ donor because I could have a chance to help someone. Knowing that I allowed soemone to stay alive, would be a great feeling!!!
I think that the laws should definantly be changed so that you can sell and advertise organs.If they arent,where else will people get them? i mean...it might be weird to see a comercial on TV saying "have you ever wanted a kidney"? but someone just might need that kidney in order to live.
I really dont see how advertising organs is an unethcal,or inmoral thing.the point of it is to keep a person alive...if only for a little while.
I,personally, would probably not be an organ donor. Unless it was for a sick relative.even then i probably wouldnt.its not that its frightening, it just that i not the kind of person that would just say "ok" to donating organs.
I really dont see how advertising organs is an unethcal,or inmoral thing.the point of it is to keep a person alive...if only for a little while.
I,personally, would probably not be an organ donor. Unless it was for a sick relative.even then i probably wouldnt.its not that its frightening, it just that i not the kind of person that would just say "ok" to donating organs.
i think it should be ok to be legally advertised, sold, and bought. if we have this then more people would know about others in trouble so more people would get help. and if someone want to help by donating their liver then if there was an advertisment theyd know where to go to donate.
i think this is totally ethical and moral becasue it is helping save lives . wouldnt you rather save a life easily then whatch someone suffer from a lack or defect in an organ???
i think that i am frightened by the idea of an organ being taken out of me. i feel thati ned all my organs to stay alive and i know thats hjow all the people that need the organs feel but maybe when i am much older one day...
i think this is totally ethical and moral becasue it is helping save lives . wouldnt you rather save a life easily then whatch someone suffer from a lack or defect in an organ???
i think that i am frightened by the idea of an organ being taken out of me. i feel thati ned all my organs to stay alive and i know thats hjow all the people that need the organs feel but maybe when i am much older one day...
i think it should be ok to be legally advertised, sold, and bought. if we have this then more people would know about others in trouble so more people would get help. and if someone want to help by donating their liver then if there was an advertisment theyd know where to go to donate.
i think this is totally ethical and moral becasue it is helping save lives . wouldnt you rather save a life easily then whatch someone suffer from a lack or defect in an organ???
i think that i am frightened by the idea of an organ being taken out of me. i feel thati ned all my organs to stay alive and i know thats hjow all the people that need the organs feel but maybe when i am much older one day...
i think this is totally ethical and moral becasue it is helping save lives . wouldnt you rather save a life easily then whatch someone suffer from a lack or defect in an organ???
i think that i am frightened by the idea of an organ being taken out of me. i feel thati ned all my organs to stay alive and i know thats hjow all the people that need the organs feel but maybe when i am much older one day...
i think that organ selling, buying and advertising should be allowed. like poison said, i think there should be an age limit but it should definatley be legal. if someone is willing to help out someone in desperate need of an organ, they should be allowed to, right? why not? its their choice.
that would be ethical if you could help save the life of someone that could die within 48 hours.
i would definatley become on organ donor. knowing the fact that i could save someone's life and still live my own.. would be something incredible.
i would definatley consider what todd did. he had every reason to. and i would probably feel the same way... i would be desperate and want the organ too, knowing it would save my life.
that would be ethical if you could help save the life of someone that could die within 48 hours.
i would definatley become on organ donor. knowing the fact that i could save someone's life and still live my own.. would be something incredible.
i would definatley consider what todd did. he had every reason to. and i would probably feel the same way... i would be desperate and want the organ too, knowing it would save my life.
I think that if a person wants to donate their organ to someone than they can do that. I don't think that you should make it legal or illigal for a person to give something that is theirs to someone else.
The question on whether its moral or ethical, well that is a different story. Some poeple would say it isn't and some would say it is. I can't seem to think of a reason why is isn't moral. So I am going to have to go with yes it is moral.
Yes I would donate an organ but not just to an organ bank or something. I would do it if my family member was in need and it would save them. I would be the first one in the operating room.
I don't think I would just to do it though.
I think I would do what Todd did because i want to live as much as anyone. He has every right to ask for help and see if somehow he could get the organ.
The question on whether its moral or ethical, well that is a different story. Some poeple would say it isn't and some would say it is. I can't seem to think of a reason why is isn't moral. So I am going to have to go with yes it is moral.
Yes I would donate an organ but not just to an organ bank or something. I would do it if my family member was in need and it would save them. I would be the first one in the operating room.
I don't think I would just to do it though.
I think I would do what Todd did because i want to live as much as anyone. He has every right to ask for help and see if somehow he could get the organ.
Matmanp1
I think any organs should be able to be sold, bought, and advertised. People would more likely donate organs if they were told where they can donate and who to call. If the public was aware about all of this I am sure some people would donate or sell or buy organs.
Morally and ethically this is correct because you are saving somebody's life.
I would like to become an organ donar one day. If someone needs an organ and I can live fine without it, or even if I have to make some sacrifices, I think there would be no other choice but to help the person.
I think any organs should be able to be sold, bought, and advertised. People would more likely donate organs if they were told where they can donate and who to call. If the public was aware about all of this I am sure some people would donate or sell or buy organs.
Morally and ethically this is correct because you are saving somebody's life.
I would like to become an organ donar one day. If someone needs an organ and I can live fine without it, or even if I have to make some sacrifices, I think there would be no other choice but to help the person.
I think that the buying and selling of organs should be made legal. Many more people who need a particular organ could live. As long as everything is done in a sterile hospital or some sort of specialized facility, I see no reason for buying and selling organs to be illegal.
Buying and selling organs in my opinion is definitely ethical. Donating an organ to someone saves their life.
I would be an organ donor, but only if the person who needed the transplant was someone I knew. I don't mean to sound cruel, but I don't think I would risk my own life to save someone who I don't know and will never meet.
Buying and selling organs in my opinion is definitely ethical. Donating an organ to someone saves their life.
I would be an organ donor, but only if the person who needed the transplant was someone I knew. I don't mean to sound cruel, but I don't think I would risk my own life to save someone who I don't know and will never meet.
I think that laws should be changed to allow for the selling, trading, and buying of transplanted organs. however, i think that advertising for someone who is in need of a donation is going too far. people are paying money to have such an advertisement and not everyone who is in need of a transplant has the money or opportunity to do so. i think it's an unfair advantage. it gets someone's name out before others who could be in more need of a transplant.
Yes. the sale of transplant organs is ethical. if someone needs an organ, they need an organ. why should people be stopped from allowing them to get that organ?
and yes, i would donate an organ. if someone in my family or who i'm close to ever needed an organ.. i wouldn't hesitate in donating. not being selfish,, but if i didn't know the person, i would be less willing to donate. although we don't need double pairs of organs, if someone had donated then had that same organ fail.. they would be out of luck and in the same situation as the person was who got the transplant.
Yes. the sale of transplant organs is ethical. if someone needs an organ, they need an organ. why should people be stopped from allowing them to get that organ?
and yes, i would donate an organ. if someone in my family or who i'm close to ever needed an organ.. i wouldn't hesitate in donating. not being selfish,, but if i didn't know the person, i would be less willing to donate. although we don't need double pairs of organs, if someone had donated then had that same organ fail.. they would be out of luck and in the same situation as the person was who got the transplant.
Ok so yes buying and selling organ would be a great thing if and only if there was a doctor involved in the process. the organ would have to be screened for diseases and other stuff like that. I know some people will bring up the fact that maybe its unfair to buy an organ because some people can't afford it. However if someone has worked hard for there money they deserve it more than someone who just expects money to come to them.
Now talking about morals and ethics. Morally yea thats great organ selling, if someone can get an organ they need and they can pay for it great i'm all for that. Ethically that could be bad. If there is just buying and sellin people could get organs with diseases and things and the person would die anyway. If there is a doctor there that does tests to make sure its good then that is the greatest thing in the world.
I don't think i would be an organ donor. I'm not exactly sure why but somethin about it scares me.I think if God made s this way then our organs should probably stay in our body but thats just my personal feeling.
Now talking about morals and ethics. Morally yea thats great organ selling, if someone can get an organ they need and they can pay for it great i'm all for that. Ethically that could be bad. If there is just buying and sellin people could get organs with diseases and things and the person would die anyway. If there is a doctor there that does tests to make sure its good then that is the greatest thing in the world.
I don't think i would be an organ donor. I'm not exactly sure why but somethin about it scares me.I think if God made s this way then our organs should probably stay in our body but thats just my personal feeling.
1. Should our laws be changed so that people can legally buy, sell, trade, and advertise organs for transplant? Explain your answer.
Well, as of right now i think that the laws are at a good place concerning transplant organs. You are allowed to donate organs to people who are on a waiting list based on the severity of their condition. I believe that's the only fair, sensible, way to do it. If Organs were openly sold, or advertisements asking for transplants were legal, you're success in obtaining a transplant would be based on how rich you were. There would be chaos. people would be stealing and selling their houses to live on the street to get their loved one a vital organ for transplant. There would be a black market for organs and crime rate would greatly increase.
2. Is the sale of transplant organs ethical? Moral? Explain your answer.
Well, as I said in the first question, whether you would live or die would be based on your wealth. I do not think that is ethical. Should a poor little kid not get a liver or kidney bacause a rich 95 year old man with a less sever condition bought it? I dont think so.
Well, as of right now i think that the laws are at a good place concerning transplant organs. You are allowed to donate organs to people who are on a waiting list based on the severity of their condition. I believe that's the only fair, sensible, way to do it. If Organs were openly sold, or advertisements asking for transplants were legal, you're success in obtaining a transplant would be based on how rich you were. There would be chaos. people would be stealing and selling their houses to live on the street to get their loved one a vital organ for transplant. There would be a black market for organs and crime rate would greatly increase.
2. Is the sale of transplant organs ethical? Moral? Explain your answer.
Well, as I said in the first question, whether you would live or die would be based on your wealth. I do not think that is ethical. Should a poor little kid not get a liver or kidney bacause a rich 95 year old man with a less sever condition bought it? I dont think so.
I think that if organs are going to be sold, than they should be in made available in some way for people who can't afford to purchase an organ. I think that they should be offered for purchase, because it may make it easier for some people to get the organs they need, or provoke others to donate if they know they will profit from them. I do think there is risks involved with making any body part available for purchase because they could easily be illegaly sold.
I would love to be an organ donor if i am able to at some point in the future just b/c i would love to help someone who needs it.
ps. sorry this is late mr.johnson.
I would love to be an organ donor if i am able to at some point in the future just b/c i would love to help someone who needs it.
ps. sorry this is late mr.johnson.
omg...sorry this is late Mr. Johnson...time flies...
O.K....hmmmm....organ transplants...
Woooaaaahh...i was all ready to jump on the "make it legal" bandwagon untill i read ML LADY'S comment....that definately made me think...
I dont know...I think it would be really weird to sell your organs on EBAY! That's just crazy...I mean here you are looking to buy UGG'S or something...and you see a liver being sold!
That's a little odd...no?
The only way I would support giving your organ to a specific person(as apposed to putting it out there- and the neediest person would get it) is if there was a whole screaning process with a certain organization or company that you must go through in order to buy, sell or trade organs. And agreeing with "palya",doctors would have to be involved.
I could totally see how there could be a whole black market and bad stuff like that going on without these specific guidelines and instructions!
I think that it is wonderful that people are willing to donate organs.....and it's their body...so they should be allowed to help others!...Morally speaking
I guess giving your organ to a specific person would be an unfair advantage to everyone else...but I wouldn't want to give my liver to anyone...I would only give it to someone I knew!
For that whole advertising thing...why not?-it sounds perfectly moral to me!
This is a live or die situation...go all out...it's your LIFE...I personally would do whatever I could to keep my self ALIVE...this is no light matter folks!
If it came down to selling my house for an organ...i would...because if I i didn't...I wouldn't be alive to live in my house!-I would do whatever it takes....
Personally, I surprised it took this long for someone to do what Todd did...If I was in his situation...I wold take care of myself and i would do exactly what he did!
I'm not going to lie...i would be totally cared to give my organ!..well first of all...is it putting my life at risk??
I would love to help others...but i don't think I could take that risk...
However...i would be happy to help others donate and spread awareness like Todd's wife did...hey why didn't She give her liver if she loved him so much???
whatever!
Summing things up...
I think laws should be changed, if and only if there was a whole organization you must deal with to make things safe...as apposed to selling it yourself on EBAY!
Yes I think it is moral...your saving lives!
kk-see you all tomorrow!!!
xoxoxoxo
slippers
O.K....hmmmm....organ transplants...
Woooaaaahh...i was all ready to jump on the "make it legal" bandwagon untill i read ML LADY'S comment....that definately made me think...
I dont know...I think it would be really weird to sell your organs on EBAY! That's just crazy...I mean here you are looking to buy UGG'S or something...and you see a liver being sold!
That's a little odd...no?
The only way I would support giving your organ to a specific person(as apposed to putting it out there- and the neediest person would get it) is if there was a whole screaning process with a certain organization or company that you must go through in order to buy, sell or trade organs. And agreeing with "palya",doctors would have to be involved.
I could totally see how there could be a whole black market and bad stuff like that going on without these specific guidelines and instructions!
I think that it is wonderful that people are willing to donate organs.....and it's their body...so they should be allowed to help others!...Morally speaking
I guess giving your organ to a specific person would be an unfair advantage to everyone else...but I wouldn't want to give my liver to anyone...I would only give it to someone I knew!
For that whole advertising thing...why not?-it sounds perfectly moral to me!
This is a live or die situation...go all out...it's your LIFE...I personally would do whatever I could to keep my self ALIVE...this is no light matter folks!
If it came down to selling my house for an organ...i would...because if I i didn't...I wouldn't be alive to live in my house!-I would do whatever it takes....
Personally, I surprised it took this long for someone to do what Todd did...If I was in his situation...I wold take care of myself and i would do exactly what he did!
I'm not going to lie...i would be totally cared to give my organ!..well first of all...is it putting my life at risk??
I would love to help others...but i don't think I could take that risk...
However...i would be happy to help others donate and spread awareness like Todd's wife did...hey why didn't She give her liver if she loved him so much???
whatever!
Summing things up...
I think laws should be changed, if and only if there was a whole organization you must deal with to make things safe...as apposed to selling it yourself on EBAY!
Yes I think it is moral...your saving lives!
kk-see you all tomorrow!!!
xoxoxoxo
slippers
i think its wrong to sell organs, even if someone need them it is still wrong. besides it is like a million dollars and only rich people would be able to afford them.
http://atheism.about.com/library/FAQs/phil/blphil_ethbio_organsale.htm
http://atheism.about.com/library/FAQs/phil/blphil_ethbio_organsale.htm
I think donating your organs is ethical because you are helping someone
I think it it is ok for buying and selling your organs. It is there body, they should be able to make there own decisions about them. If orgnas were being advertised so much more people woul be saved.
I would definitely donate my organs. but like poison said, i think i would need to be a little older. Being an organ doner would not frighten me.
If I was Tod, and I had the moeny then i would definitly do what he did
I think it it is ok for buying and selling your organs. It is there body, they should be able to make there own decisions about them. If orgnas were being advertised so much more people woul be saved.
I would definitely donate my organs. but like poison said, i think i would need to be a little older. Being an organ doner would not frighten me.
If I was Tod, and I had the moeny then i would definitly do what he did
Organs shouldn't be able to be sold, or traded. the law is like this for a reason. People could literally start selling thier lives for money. Some people could go too far and sell things they NEED. If you really need one, you shouldn't advertise for one. That's not fair to the people who can't afford to advertise, and they could die from your colorful pamphlets. How would that make you feel?
The sale of organs isn't moral or ethical. It goes against nature, but so do transplants, so that'll slide. But if you think about it, you could be payed to commit suicide, and desperate people might like to do that.
I wouldn't do what Tom did. I would have waited, like everyone else. If I died on the list, it was just God telling me to come up. Not to mention, I don't think my expenses would cover colorful pamphlets.
The sale of organs isn't moral or ethical. It goes against nature, but so do transplants, so that'll slide. But if you think about it, you could be payed to commit suicide, and desperate people might like to do that.
I wouldn't do what Tom did. I would have waited, like everyone else. If I died on the list, it was just God telling me to come up. Not to mention, I don't think my expenses would cover colorful pamphlets.
Kellyn
I think that it is okay for organs to be sold, advertised, and bought. More people would be aware of how many people need it and they might be influenced from the numerous advertisements.
This is also ethical because it is basically the same thing as before except instead of just waiting and receiving one you find a donor and buy one.
I would be fine withbeing a donor, especially if i knew the person. Yes, i would be frightened because any surgery has risks, even if you donn't even have to do it.
I fi was in Tom's postiion I wouldnt do what he did with the laws today only because i know if i could get someone to want to donate an organ they wouldnt be able to because of the laws. i also would just wait because what he did was kinda bold and there are also other people who are always waiting for one too...
Post a Comment
I think that it is okay for organs to be sold, advertised, and bought. More people would be aware of how many people need it and they might be influenced from the numerous advertisements.
This is also ethical because it is basically the same thing as before except instead of just waiting and receiving one you find a donor and buy one.
I would be fine withbeing a donor, especially if i knew the person. Yes, i would be frightened because any surgery has risks, even if you donn't even have to do it.
I fi was in Tom's postiion I wouldnt do what he did with the laws today only because i know if i could get someone to want to donate an organ they wouldnt be able to because of the laws. i also would just wait because what he did was kinda bold and there are also other people who are always waiting for one too...
<< Home

