22 January 2007
Postings, Opinions, & Links from Period Three
Comments:
<< Home
Although i would like to give the kidney to the 74-year-old doctor on the verge of finding a cure for cancer, as the sister of a 6-year-old, i have to give it to the little girl. . . Then again, the cancer cure would save so many more people. This is tough. I would not give it to the father, because he is wealthy and can afford to travel to another state and have the transplant elsewhere. The famous athlete should also have some moolah to use elsewhere-and even though this sounds mean, he's going to die from HIV anyway. OK, I'll give it to the old lady. The cure for cancer is more important.
-Ca$$$$$hew
-Ca$$$$$hew
Personally, If that doctor was smart, she would work with OTHER doctors and well if she died, they would be able to carry on her research and cure cancer themselves. The athlete... yeah he can die because he has HIV and is going to die either way and his life wont be as long. As for the father of three, I think that he could have traveled to europe or wherever to get that transplant.
I'd have to give the transplant to the young girl because Im soft like a teddybear. She has a whole life to live while the others do not. She would get the transplant if it was up to me.
I'd have to give the transplant to the young girl because Im soft like a teddybear. She has a whole life to live while the others do not. She would get the transplant if it was up to me.
1. The athlete is HIV positive and not to be harsh, but he's probably going to die because of the disease so I don't think he should get the kidney.
2. The recovering alcoholic may have kids, but probably brought this onto himself with his careless actions he has taken in the past.
3. Its great that the doctor is so close to finding the cure for cancer, but she has lived a pretty long life and like kat said, if this doctor was so smart she'd work on this with other colleagues and make sure they understand the research and have the data needed to continue.
This brings me to the little girl...
4. First of all, the little girl hasn't lived NEARLY as long as the other candidates and has done anything to possibly bring this ailment on to her. She is an innocent little girl who has her whole life in front of her and doesn;t have any other diseases or factors that could make the transplant not really worth it.
My final thought before I revel my decision is the athlete, recovering alcoholic, and doctor probably have WAY more resources than the little girl and could go somewhere else for the transplant.
I choose.....
THE LITTLE GIRL
Here is a great link that explains everything from the kidney to the actual transplantation:
http://www.emedicinehealth.com/kidney_transplant
/article_em.htm
2. The recovering alcoholic may have kids, but probably brought this onto himself with his careless actions he has taken in the past.
3. Its great that the doctor is so close to finding the cure for cancer, but she has lived a pretty long life and like kat said, if this doctor was so smart she'd work on this with other colleagues and make sure they understand the research and have the data needed to continue.
This brings me to the little girl...
4. First of all, the little girl hasn't lived NEARLY as long as the other candidates and has done anything to possibly bring this ailment on to her. She is an innocent little girl who has her whole life in front of her and doesn;t have any other diseases or factors that could make the transplant not really worth it.
My final thought before I revel my decision is the athlete, recovering alcoholic, and doctor probably have WAY more resources than the little girl and could go somewhere else for the transplant.
I choose.....
THE LITTLE GIRL
Here is a great link that explains everything from the kidney to the actual transplantation:
http://www.emedicinehealth.com/kidney_transplant
/article_em.htm
I would give it to the little girl. The doctor probably could give her work to someone else to finish. The father is not only rich, but the info doesn't say he has any problems. Health wise he probably isn't doing to well, but he is recovering. The boxer can probably get one from many other places. In the end he'll still probably die of AIDs in the end (i meant that in the nicest way possible. The kid though still has her whole life ahead of her.
I think that the athlete shouldn't get the kidney, since he's already gonna die from HIV. Besides, the athlete and the other guy should be wealthy enough to go somewhere else and get a different kidney. I would give the kidney to the little girl, since she has had only 7 years of her life. I would tell the old lady to give other scientists the information that she has to help stop cancer. She can't be the only person who's able to create the cure for cancer.
So um tough decision. I hate having to choose. Why couldn't life be easy where you could choose all the choices you want. Well I guess that's not reality. So here it is.
1.Doctor - Yes it is great accomplishment to be on the verge of finding a cure and all. As "kitty kat" said, if she was smart, she would've had help from others who could carry on the research. But lets assume she was stupid and worked alone, then i would say the best choice would be to give the kidney to her.
2.Famous Athlete - It is great that this man is a famous athlete. Many of his fans may want him to get the kidney transplant. But seeing as how he is HIV positive, I don't think he should be the one to get it. If the kidney was given to him and then soon after he dies from HIV, then its a waste of a good organ.
3.Father - He is one wealthy man and a father of three. I do not think that he should be the one getting the kidney transplant. His kidney failure was self-inflicted by being an alcoholic. Sure the kids and wife may feel terrible if he dies, but he could also be a great lesson not to drink excessively.
4.Girl - What a very sad and unlucky girl. I think that the girl should be second in line for the kidney being that the doctor works alone and only she knows about the research on cancer. But if the doctor does work with other doctors who know what's going on with the cancer cure, then i think this girl should get the kidney transplant because she could grow up to be a very important figure in the world.
Concluding my decision, I believe that if the doctor works alone and only she has the information, then the doctor should get the kidney transplant. But if there are others working beside the doctor, then the kidney transplant should got to the girl.
Here is my link:
Heart Transplant
This is an animation of which you perform the transplant of a heart into a 44 year old man. Its pretty cool and shows how doctors do transplants.
1.Doctor - Yes it is great accomplishment to be on the verge of finding a cure and all. As "kitty kat" said, if she was smart, she would've had help from others who could carry on the research. But lets assume she was stupid and worked alone, then i would say the best choice would be to give the kidney to her.
2.Famous Athlete - It is great that this man is a famous athlete. Many of his fans may want him to get the kidney transplant. But seeing as how he is HIV positive, I don't think he should be the one to get it. If the kidney was given to him and then soon after he dies from HIV, then its a waste of a good organ.
3.Father - He is one wealthy man and a father of three. I do not think that he should be the one getting the kidney transplant. His kidney failure was self-inflicted by being an alcoholic. Sure the kids and wife may feel terrible if he dies, but he could also be a great lesson not to drink excessively.
4.Girl - What a very sad and unlucky girl. I think that the girl should be second in line for the kidney being that the doctor works alone and only she knows about the research on cancer. But if the doctor does work with other doctors who know what's going on with the cancer cure, then i think this girl should get the kidney transplant because she could grow up to be a very important figure in the world.
Concluding my decision, I believe that if the doctor works alone and only she has the information, then the doctor should get the kidney transplant. But if there are others working beside the doctor, then the kidney transplant should got to the girl.
Here is my link:
Heart Transplant
This is an animation of which you perform the transplant of a heart into a 44 year old man. Its pretty cool and shows how doctors do transplants.
I agree with Emily and Alex. Even though the doctor should have been a little smarter and worked with other doctors on the cure of cancer, she didn't. It would be out of the question to discuss what she thinks to be the cure of cancer in 48 hours. I mean if it was so simple that you could in such a short period of time, wouldn't you think that we'd have found a cure by now? Sure its depressing to have to make these types of decisions, and like everyone else, I think that the boxer and father should not get the transplant. However why save the little girl's life when the doctor could save so many more?
This link shows what patients have to go through in order to get selected to get a kidney transplant. It helps you understand how lucky you would be to get a transplant.
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.organtransplant.com/images/quote_k_trans.gif&imgrefurl=http://www.organtransplant.com/Kidney/Transplantation.shtml&h=143&w=272&sz=4&hl=en&start=33&tbnid=GVyHUDHSpdEJDM:&tbnh=59&tbnw=113&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dkidney%2Btransplants%26start%3D20%26ndsp%3D20%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN
This link shows what patients have to go through in order to get selected to get a kidney transplant. It helps you understand how lucky you would be to get a transplant.
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.organtransplant.com/images/quote_k_trans.gif&imgrefurl=http://www.organtransplant.com/Kidney/Transplantation.shtml&h=143&w=272&sz=4&hl=en&start=33&tbnid=GVyHUDHSpdEJDM:&tbnh=59&tbnw=113&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dkidney%2Btransplants%26start%3D20%26ndsp%3D20%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN
Wow, I have to admit, this was probably one of the hardest blogs so far. In my opinion, the kidney should go to either the doctor on the verge of finding the cure for cancer, or the little girl.
Famous Athlete: Because he is so famous, I think that he has more hope than almost anyone in having a transplant. I feel that he does not need this kidney as much as everyone else, and because he is so priveledged, he could just go somewhere else and buy one (where that is legal) with all of the money he has earned.
Father: Although I do sympathize with the fact that he has two little children, and he is in the process of overcoming his alcoholism, I feel that his large consumption of alcohol may have played a role in destroying his kidney. I feel that almost all of the other candidates have not "chosen" to have this problem, and so they are better suited for the kidney.
Little Girl: If anyone should get this transplant, I think it should be her. She hasn't even lived her life yet..and who knows, she may end up being the one who finds the cure for ALL diseases, or something great like that. At the same time, however, she has not developed her life yet, and the others have..so maybe it should go to someone, like the doctor, who is already well established.
Doctor: If she was working alone on finding the cure for cancer, I would say that she should deffinetly be the one to get the transplant. However, most doctors don't. There is usually a group working on a solution, even if it is only 2 of them. Therefore, I think that even if this doctor did not get the transplant, and were to die, her work would be continued on and the cure would be found, even if it took a little longer. At the same time however, if she got the transplant...and found the cure for cancer, she would be able to save thousands of little girls, fathers, athletes, that it wouldn't be as horrible if on of them did not get the transplant.
Therefore, I think that if the doctor was working in a group with other doctors, it should go to the little girl. Otherwise, I think it would be more beneficial for the doctor to get the transplant because of the fact that she would be able to save so many lives, it would weigh greater than the loss of the other 3 people who did not get the kidney.
The link I used to get more information, and answer questions I had, about various transplants is:
http://www.transweb.org/
Famous Athlete: Because he is so famous, I think that he has more hope than almost anyone in having a transplant. I feel that he does not need this kidney as much as everyone else, and because he is so priveledged, he could just go somewhere else and buy one (where that is legal) with all of the money he has earned.
Father: Although I do sympathize with the fact that he has two little children, and he is in the process of overcoming his alcoholism, I feel that his large consumption of alcohol may have played a role in destroying his kidney. I feel that almost all of the other candidates have not "chosen" to have this problem, and so they are better suited for the kidney.
Little Girl: If anyone should get this transplant, I think it should be her. She hasn't even lived her life yet..and who knows, she may end up being the one who finds the cure for ALL diseases, or something great like that. At the same time, however, she has not developed her life yet, and the others have..so maybe it should go to someone, like the doctor, who is already well established.
Doctor: If she was working alone on finding the cure for cancer, I would say that she should deffinetly be the one to get the transplant. However, most doctors don't. There is usually a group working on a solution, even if it is only 2 of them. Therefore, I think that even if this doctor did not get the transplant, and were to die, her work would be continued on and the cure would be found, even if it took a little longer. At the same time however, if she got the transplant...and found the cure for cancer, she would be able to save thousands of little girls, fathers, athletes, that it wouldn't be as horrible if on of them did not get the transplant.
Therefore, I think that if the doctor was working in a group with other doctors, it should go to the little girl. Otherwise, I think it would be more beneficial for the doctor to get the transplant because of the fact that she would be able to save so many lives, it would weigh greater than the loss of the other 3 people who did not get the kidney.
The link I used to get more information, and answer questions I had, about various transplants is:
http://www.transweb.org/
Its james, I think the girl should get the transplant . she has more of here life tolive . the docter could just leave her work to someone else to complete. the athelete is famous and makes a ton of money and some crazy fan might give him an organ.the father kind of did it to himself but he deserves a second chance. He could probably go somewhere to buy it. Ithink the girl should get it because she didnt do anything wrong.
HELLMANS
HELLMANS
I say give it to the little girl. She's got way more ahead of her, maybe the cures to other diseases. The 74 year old, like Kat said, should've worked with others. Even if she didn't, there should be someone who could carry on her work.
Even though the 40 yr old is the single father of 3 kids, he WAS an alcoholic. So I'm not sure if he was a good father anyways.
The athlete has a higher chance of dying anyway. And James might be right he could easily get it from someone else.
Link: http://www.kidneytransplant.org/patientguide/index.html
some info about a kidney transplant procedure and kidney failure
Even though the 40 yr old is the single father of 3 kids, he WAS an alcoholic. So I'm not sure if he was a good father anyways.
The athlete has a higher chance of dying anyway. And James might be right he could easily get it from someone else.
Link: http://www.kidneytransplant.org/patientguide/index.html
some info about a kidney transplant procedure and kidney failure
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4719374.stm
Yeah,... This is my link and it talks about selling body organs such as the kidney =]
Yeah,... This is my link and it talks about selling body organs such as the kidney =]
I would have to know alittle more about the people before I made my decision. The athlete is definitely out of the question. He doesn't have anything going for him. He's rich and famous, so what? And his HIV won't let him live very long anyhow. I was very stuck between the other three so I decided to base my decision on how much of an Impact each one wuold have on others' lives. The little girl is only one life impacted. Giving it to the father of 3 only impacts 3 lives. But awarding it to teh cancer researcher has the potential of impcting literaly billions of lives: both the people who have cancer now and the ones who would otherwise have had it if it weren't for our scientist lady. But I bet she wasn't working alone so maybe her researching buddies could continue the research. This is why I'm not going to become one of the people who has to decide these things!!
First of all, the famous athlete is going to die from AIDS anyway, so giving him the kidney will not do much good, especially if he will die soon anyway. As for the father, most likely him being an alcoholic will catch up to him soon or later, and he will have problems with that. Besides, he's wealthy, he can afford to pay much more for a kidney, and get one from somewhere else. This leaves the little girl and the scientist. I would have to say give it to the girl. Although the famous scientist is on the verge of finding a cure for cancer, she most likely has partners who can continue her work. The girl, however, is young, and has her whole life ahead of her. She is only 7, and should deserve to live a long and healthy life. The others are quite older, and the athlete has HIV, which will end up killing him; the father/alcoholic can most likely afford getting it somewhere else; and the scientist is old and can give her work to a partner.
Here’s a bit of info about failing kidneys & kidney transplants:
http://www.kidneypatientguide.org.uk
/site/treatment.php
-JQ =]
Here’s a bit of info about failing kidneys & kidney transplants:
http://www.kidneypatientguide.org.uk
/site/treatment.php
-JQ =]
i have to agree with a lot of you are saying. i have to choose the little girl. the doctors research had to have been done with colleagues and her work can certainly be finished by them.
The athelete will die of HIV in the future, or rather AIDs. and im sure he has the money to go somewhere else to get the transplant if he really wants to.
And lastly the man may have children but he had problems in the past that may have been the cause or one of the causes of his kidney failure, and plus he probably also has the money just like the athelete to go somewhere else to get the kidney.
And i have just one question what about dialysis?
so i vote the little girl because she hasn't even gotten to live her life yet and she is probably the most innocent, at least compared to the father and the athelete.
Plus i just thought of this, the doctor probably has sponsors that would find some way to get her a new kidney if they new the severity of the situation and felt that it was truly necessary and that her colleagues were incompetent, and could not carry on her studies.
The athelete will die of HIV in the future, or rather AIDs. and im sure he has the money to go somewhere else to get the transplant if he really wants to.
And lastly the man may have children but he had problems in the past that may have been the cause or one of the causes of his kidney failure, and plus he probably also has the money just like the athelete to go somewhere else to get the kidney.
And i have just one question what about dialysis?
so i vote the little girl because she hasn't even gotten to live her life yet and she is probably the most innocent, at least compared to the father and the athelete.
Plus i just thought of this, the doctor probably has sponsors that would find some way to get her a new kidney if they new the severity of the situation and felt that it was truly necessary and that her colleagues were incompetent, and could not carry on her studies.
The person I would chose for the kidney transplant would either be the 6-year-old girl or the 74-year-old doctor. The only way the doctor would get the transplant is if she were the only one who knew her research otherwise the girl would get it because she hasn't lived a full life yet where the doctor has lived long enough and the girl deserves to live as long as her.
AHH!!! This is a toughy.
Like many other people, it's a tough decision between the doctor and the little girl. At first, I wasn't sure about the recovering alcoholic either, because he has the children to worry about. However, in the allotted time, there's lots that can be done, such as going to some other place.
The athlete was a no from the start. Other people in better health deserve it more, because they will most likely live longer. Plus, if the athlete dies of kidney failure, that would bring more attention to it and the public would become more aware of their kidneys.
Okay, so now it's down to the little girl and the doctor. Most likely, the doctor has either worked with other doctors or she has kept detailed information on everything she does.
The little girl would have to win out over everyone else.
And as for the site...
http://www.kidney.org/atoz/atozItem.cfm?id=86
Haha, I love how it's kidney.org. Whoa, I'm wayyy to easily amused. c.c
Like many other people, it's a tough decision between the doctor and the little girl. At first, I wasn't sure about the recovering alcoholic either, because he has the children to worry about. However, in the allotted time, there's lots that can be done, such as going to some other place.
The athlete was a no from the start. Other people in better health deserve it more, because they will most likely live longer. Plus, if the athlete dies of kidney failure, that would bring more attention to it and the public would become more aware of their kidneys.
Okay, so now it's down to the little girl and the doctor. Most likely, the doctor has either worked with other doctors or she has kept detailed information on everything she does.
The little girl would have to win out over everyone else.
And as for the site...
http://www.kidney.org/atoz/atozItem.cfm?id=86
Haha, I love how it's kidney.org. Whoa, I'm wayyy to easily amused. c.c
Ok i am going to give it to the dad because he is the most in need of it of the people here. The athlete got HIV so he can go die from sleeping around with people. the docter is 78 and won't figure out how to kill cancer before she dies and someone will go finish her work for her anyway. She is too old and has lived a full life. The little girl is 7. She has no need for it. she can go into dialosis and get tutored until the next kidney comes in. She isn't supporting or helping anyone with her life yet. the single dad is supporting three kids and he has no one to take care of them if he is dead. they go to some relative or something. So what is he was an alcohalic. He is recovering and has tried to get better. So i have to give it to the most needing and important to his family. THE DAD.
I think that the athlete doesn't need the transplant really because he is goning to die soon anyways because he has HIV. The 74-year old doctor, who was on the verge of finding a cure for cancer could use the transplant because curing cancer can save more lives, but she probably worked with other scientists so the reasearch could have been successful without her anyways. The father is rich so he can go to another country or something to get his transplant. I would give the transplant to the little girl because she is young and has nothin else wrong with her, so she has her whole life to live.
I'd tell the researcher that if she gets the transplant, a 7-year-old will die. I'd let her decide if she still wants the transplant. I am fairly confident that she would not accept it and make arrangements for the continuation of her research. If she still wanted the transplant, or her colleagues would be unable to continue the research without her, I would arrange for her to receive it. She has the potential to save many more lives. In the great scheme of things, I wouldn't want to deprive any future cancer patient of a cure.
Umm...I can't seem to get the powerpoint to work on my computer. Judging from what everyone else has said, I would give the kidney to the little girl. She deserves to experience life. The doctor would probably die of other causes before they could finish their research.
Anyway, here's my link:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5778624554431891564&q=kidney+transplants
Anyway, here's my link:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5778624554431891564&q=kidney+transplants
If I was the doctor and I had to make that decision i think i would give it to the little girl because she is so small and its not her fualt and she has no other medical problems. I would not give it to the the athelete because one he has enough money to go somewhwere else to get a transplant and two because he has HIV and is probably going to die anyway. I wouldn't give to the father because he's wealthy and could also g somewhere else and get a transplant. I wouldn't give it to the doctor even though i would be tempeded to. I agree with kat the doctor could teach other doctors about what ever she was reasearching, so when she died others could continue her cure for cancer. :)
Ok so I think that i would give the kidney to the old woman, because she is going to find the cure for cancer. The athlete is gonna die from hiv and the wealthy man can get a kidney from anywhere else. I feel bad for the little girl, but this choice is between saving one persons life or possibly saving millions. I would have to choose the old woman who is about to find the cure for cancer.
I think selling organs is good but should be monitored. If organs are sold, people who might be in the lower class and are drug attics and alcoholics might sell their organs. Once they sell their organs they will eventually spend that money on more things to abuse. After that they will damage more of their organs and be in need of organs to replace theirs. The irony is that they will die because people will consider it unethical to give organs for free because they can get money. Now since organs are worth something, just like in Africa people are fighting for blood diamonds [no offense] ,people will be taken and sold for organs by an organized crime syndicate[if they were crazy] and immoral] . To also add to the crime count the guy who couldn’t get his organ fixed will do the same thing and see if he can get a doctor to put it in him. Then once this gets started every one will be dying and organs will be in abundance and the price will drop, then no one will need them. Then we would have had all that trouble for nothing. I would donate my organs if it would not harm me and it would regrow like a piece of a liver. Otherwise I would have a person wait till I die.
Post a Comment
<< Home

