18 March 2007
Huntington's Posts Opinions Links... PERIOD THREE
Comments:
<< Home
Haha Numero Uno.
Well the chromosome that causes Huntington's disease is the short arm of everyone's fourth chromosome where the letters of te genetic alphabet normally repeat C-A-G as many as 35 times in a row. In people with Huntington's, it repeats more than 35 times in a row.
In a situation like this, I think I would go for genetic testing and counseling. I would want to know if I will develop Huntington's disease. If I find out that I will develop Huntington's, then I will live my life to the fullest while I still control my thoughts and can think vibrantly. If I find out I will not develop Huntington's, then it is all the better and I would be relieved. By getting tested, I would not need to worry and stress myself out wondering whether I have the disease or not.
Here is my link:
Genetic Counseling
This site gives a run down of what genetic counseling is, who needs it, what to expect from it, and the whole nine. Great site on genetic counseling.
Well the chromosome that causes Huntington's disease is the short arm of everyone's fourth chromosome where the letters of te genetic alphabet normally repeat C-A-G as many as 35 times in a row. In people with Huntington's, it repeats more than 35 times in a row.
In a situation like this, I think I would go for genetic testing and counseling. I would want to know if I will develop Huntington's disease. If I find out that I will develop Huntington's, then I will live my life to the fullest while I still control my thoughts and can think vibrantly. If I find out I will not develop Huntington's, then it is all the better and I would be relieved. By getting tested, I would not need to worry and stress myself out wondering whether I have the disease or not.
Here is my link:
Genetic Counseling
This site gives a run down of what genetic counseling is, who needs it, what to expect from it, and the whole nine. Great site on genetic counseling.
The chromosome that causes huntington's disease is the fourth chromosome. If I found out I had this disease, I would probably go to genetic counseling. I could always adopt a child. I don't think it is worth it to risk my child having the diease. I guess I don't really have much to say about this topic.
This web site is so cool. It takes you through the steps of Gel Electrophoresis.
http://learn.genetics.utah.edu/units/biotech/gel/
This web site is so cool. It takes you through the steps of Gel Electrophoresis.
http://learn.genetics.utah.edu/units/biotech/gel/
The chromosome that causes Huntington's Disease is... yup you guess it... the FOURTH chromosome.
If I had found out that I had this disease, I would definitely go for genetic counseling. I would want to know if I would get the disease or would it lay dormant inside of me and not progress. If I found out that the disease would develop, I would definitely lead a more full and rich life. I would also research the disease to understand it ever more and maybe even raise money for a cure in the future.
Doing the testing would relieve me of the stress of wondering whether I have the chromosome or not. It may add stress if I do have it. but I would feel much better knowing so I could plan.
This a really cool link where u can do interactive activities that show you the process of DNA fingerprinting.
Click for some fun! (:D)
If I had found out that I had this disease, I would definitely go for genetic counseling. I would want to know if I would get the disease or would it lay dormant inside of me and not progress. If I found out that the disease would develop, I would definitely lead a more full and rich life. I would also research the disease to understand it ever more and maybe even raise money for a cure in the future.
Doing the testing would relieve me of the stress of wondering whether I have the chromosome or not. It may add stress if I do have it. but I would feel much better knowing so I could plan.
This a really cool link where u can do interactive activities that show you the process of DNA fingerprinting.
Click for some fun! (:D)
The chromosome that causes Huntington's disease is the fourth chromosome.
In a situation like this i think that i would like to know if i carried the disease. So i would definitly get tested. I would go to genetic counsonling because i waould want to know my "future". This way i can better prepare myself for it. I could try to prolong it as long as i can.
My link connects with:
DNA fingerprinting
It is:
http://protist.biology.washington.edu/fingerprint/whatis.html
In a situation like this i think that i would like to know if i carried the disease. So i would definitly get tested. I would go to genetic counsonling because i waould want to know my "future". This way i can better prepare myself for it. I could try to prolong it as long as i can.
My link connects with:
DNA fingerprinting
It is:
http://protist.biology.washington.edu/fingerprint/whatis.html
1. the chromosome that causes Huntingtons disease is the fourth chromosome.
2. in a situation like this, i would definately go for genetic counseling b.c i would want to know if i would pass the diseas on to my kids or if i would even develop Huntington's. If i knew i eventually would, i think i would do everything i wanted to do in life...this way, when i do develop the disease, it wont be as if my life was meaningless. and if i found out i wouldnt develop the disease, it would be a great relief and it wouldnt be on my mind anymore.
3. click.
all about genetic counseling =]
2. in a situation like this, i would definately go for genetic counseling b.c i would want to know if i would pass the diseas on to my kids or if i would even develop Huntington's. If i knew i eventually would, i think i would do everything i wanted to do in life...this way, when i do develop the disease, it wont be as if my life was meaningless. and if i found out i wouldnt develop the disease, it would be a great relief and it wouldnt be on my mind anymore.
3. click.
all about genetic counseling =]
The chromosome that causes Huntington's disease is the fourth chromosome.
Video on Huntington
In a situation like this, i think i would most likely go for genetic testing and counseling. I would want to know if i have this disease. If i get tested i wouldn't have to stress about either having Huntington's or not. If i did have it, i would try to enjoy my life to the best of my capabilities before I develop it. Since doctors can predict what age you will start to show signs. If i didn't have it then I am good.
electrophoresis
This site talks about the basics on electrophoresis.
Video on Huntington
In a situation like this, i think i would most likely go for genetic testing and counseling. I would want to know if i have this disease. If i get tested i wouldn't have to stress about either having Huntington's or not. If i did have it, i would try to enjoy my life to the best of my capabilities before I develop it. Since doctors can predict what age you will start to show signs. If i didn't have it then I am good.
electrophoresis
This site talks about the basics on electrophoresis.
The chromosome that causes Huntington's Disease is the fourth chromosome. If I was in a situation like this, I would go through genetic counseling or testing. I would want to know for sure if I had the disease. There's nothing to lose really just by checking.
Here's my link about electrophoresis:
http://www.bergen.org/AAST/projects/Gel/
It describes what it is, how it's used, and how it works.
Here's my link about electrophoresis:
http://www.bergen.org/AAST/projects/Gel/
It describes what it is, how it's used, and how it works.
The chromosone is the fourth chromosone. I don't know if I'd go for genetic counseling. I'm not really planning on having children.
Random link about genetic counseling: http://www.ornl.gov/sci/techresources/Human_Genome/medicine/genecounseling.shtml
Random link about genetic counseling: http://www.ornl.gov/sci/techresources/Human_Genome/medicine/genecounseling.shtml
Huntington’s disease is caused from the forth chromosome. If I had Huntington’s disease I don’t no if I would got to counseling because how would it help me with the disease. So I don’t think I would go to counseling.
MY beautiful link
MY beautiful link
Hello! Well i know that this was said every time but the disease is found on chromosome number four.
I would most deffenitly go for genetic testing and counsling. I know some people might want to put off the ineviable.... but i would want to know. It's something you have to prepare yourself mentally for. Even though it is such a rare disease, there is always a possibility that i could have it. People always say.... It cann't happen to me. Well news flash it can.
My link on Huntington's Disease:
You Know You Wanna Click
I would most deffenitly go for genetic testing and counsling. I know some people might want to put off the ineviable.... but i would want to know. It's something you have to prepare yourself mentally for. Even though it is such a rare disease, there is always a possibility that i could have it. People always say.... It cann't happen to me. Well news flash it can.
My link on Huntington's Disease:
You Know You Wanna Click
Well, as most people have already stated, the 4th chromosome is the chromosome that causes Huntington's Disease.
If I were in a situation like this, I would want to go for genetic counseling. I feel this way because I would want to know whether I possess this trait, and so I would know how to live my life. If I did have this disease, I would want to live life to the fullest, and I do not think that I would have children. I might adopt, but by having my own child I run the risk of passing down the disease to them.
My link is:
http://learn.genetics.utah.edu/units/biotech/gel/
Sorry, but my computer isn't working right so yeah; no hyperlink. But uhh, this is a virtual gal electrophoresis lab. It's pretty cool, I've done it twice. haha :)
If I were in a situation like this, I would want to go for genetic counseling. I feel this way because I would want to know whether I possess this trait, and so I would know how to live my life. If I did have this disease, I would want to live life to the fullest, and I do not think that I would have children. I might adopt, but by having my own child I run the risk of passing down the disease to them.
My link is:
http://learn.genetics.utah.edu/units/biotech/gel/
Sorry, but my computer isn't working right so yeah; no hyperlink. But uhh, this is a virtual gal electrophoresis lab. It's pretty cool, I've done it twice. haha :)
one. The short arm of the fourth chromosome causes Huntington's disease.
two. I would definitely want to go for counseling and testing in a situation like this. I would rather know what to expect, and save myself from worrying all the time. I would most likely end up killing myself from all the stress that builds up from worrying.
three. DNA Fingerprinting
two. I would definitely want to go for counseling and testing in a situation like this. I would rather know what to expect, and save myself from worrying all the time. I would most likely end up killing myself from all the stress that builds up from worrying.
three. DNA Fingerprinting
Huntington's disease is the result of a defective fourth chromosome.
If I found out I had a genetic disease like this, I would probably go for counseling to learn how to better deal with my situation. Gel electrophoresis...http://www.bergen.org/AAST/projects/Gel/intro.htm
If I found out I had a genetic disease like this, I would probably go for counseling to learn how to better deal with my situation. Gel electrophoresis...http://www.bergen.org/AAST/projects/Gel/intro.htm
the chromosome is #4,in a situation like this i would go for genetic counseling because i would want to know about it, and about when it would happen.
Here's a link about electrophoresis:
johnson i did the other blogs i owe
Here's a link about electrophoresis:
johnson i did the other blogs i owe
Huntingtons disease occurs from a defective 4th chromosome. For those infected this means that the HD gene is not working correctly and expresses and dominates the other working gene. Since it is not on one of the sex chromosomes, it can affect both males and females.
I definetly agree with alex and candel when it comes to genetic counseling and testing. If i had Huntington's disease I would want to know because then I would try to make the best of my life while I was still in control. I would also want to find out if i could prevent it from being passed on to my children.
Here's a site about DNA Fingerprinting:
Click :) hehe
I definetly agree with alex and candel when it comes to genetic counseling and testing. If i had Huntington's disease I would want to know because then I would try to make the best of my life while I was still in control. I would also want to find out if i could prevent it from being passed on to my children.
Here's a site about DNA Fingerprinting:
Click :) hehe
ha mr. j i started my blog entry differently than saying that the chromosome that causes huntington's disease is the 4th chromosme. i started it with "ha mr. j" lol
well i dont have that much to say on a topic like this. but i will say this: if i found out (and i would be one of those people who would want to know)that i had this disease i would definitely go to genetic counseling, and i think i would probably avoid having kids so that it wasn't passed on through the family line. if i really wanted kids i would adopt them.
anyways again im to lazy to use the posting html code so ill just copy and paste the address.
this is my site that i used to get info on electrophoresis. thats a big word.
http://www.bergen.org/AAST/projects/Gel/
well i dont have that much to say on a topic like this. but i will say this: if i found out (and i would be one of those people who would want to know)that i had this disease i would definitely go to genetic counseling, and i think i would probably avoid having kids so that it wasn't passed on through the family line. if i really wanted kids i would adopt them.
anyways again im to lazy to use the posting html code so ill just copy and paste the address.
this is my site that i used to get info on electrophoresis. thats a big word.
http://www.bergen.org/AAST/projects/Gel/
Found on chromosone four blah blah blah.
Well i have been inn the genetic sitution before and i found out that i did have the disease that run's through my dad's side of the family: a rare disease that causes the small intestone to not beable to digest the protien gluten. you can't eat wheat, rye, braley, or oats, and you would be surprised how many things have those in it. But it is just in my genetics and i don't have it yet but now i no that i have to watch out becasue anything major like chemotheropy will bring it out. SO i would like to no because then you can look out for the sighs and sympotms so that if it is highly deadly you can have it removed.
Click Here
here is a link to a slide show to see how gentics work
Well i have been inn the genetic sitution before and i found out that i did have the disease that run's through my dad's side of the family: a rare disease that causes the small intestone to not beable to digest the protien gluten. you can't eat wheat, rye, braley, or oats, and you would be surprised how many things have those in it. But it is just in my genetics and i don't have it yet but now i no that i have to watch out becasue anything major like chemotheropy will bring it out. SO i would like to no because then you can look out for the sighs and sympotms so that if it is highly deadly you can have it removed.
Click Here
here is a link to a slide show to see how gentics work
-runs in circles- SO.MUCH.STUFF.TO DO!!! Urgh. So anyways, here's my very unexciting post for the week.
Do I even need to say it? :P The chromosome that causes Huntington's Disease is the 4th chromosome.
I definitely would get genetic counseling, however I'm not sure if it would affect my lifestyle very much. I wouldn't have children, but other than that I would go on living as I do now. I would just be prepared is all.
So What is Genetic Couseling?
There's my link. Have a nice weekend!
Do I even need to say it? :P The chromosome that causes Huntington's Disease is the 4th chromosome.
I definitely would get genetic counseling, however I'm not sure if it would affect my lifestyle very much. I wouldn't have children, but other than that I would go on living as I do now. I would just be prepared is all.
So What is Genetic Couseling?
There's my link. Have a nice weekend!
The gene for Huntington disease on the fourth chromosome. I would go to genetic counseling. If I have Hungtington's disease I would do the craziest things in the world. I'm gonna die so let me go out with a bang. I would travel everwhere and do everything. I would eat that fish that is suppose to be deadly made ut of the puff fish by the Japanese. I would sky dive. Become a mercanary and take out terrorists. I don't care because as soon as a person recieves a time limit they become a nw person. So I would become a crazy person. But I wouldn't kill myself like other people described in the video. I would try to die by climbing Mount Everest rather then going bed ridden and then dying.
Here is my cite:
http://www.kidshealth.org/parent/pregnancy_newborn/medical_problems/genetic_counseling.html
http://www.kidshealth.org/parent/pregnancy_newborn/medical_problems/genetic_counseling.html
The chromosome that causes Huntingtons disease is the fourth chromosome.
In this situation, I would definitely go for genetic testing. I would want to know whether or not I would develop it, and if I am positive I could prevent it from being passed on. Also, I could be mentally prepared for the situation, and would become more devoted to finding a cure to the disease.
So basically, I agree with pretty much everyone else here.
How boring.
http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/huntington/huntington.htm
just some of the basics on Huntingtons, and the future of research in the field.
In this situation, I would definitely go for genetic testing. I would want to know whether or not I would develop it, and if I am positive I could prevent it from being passed on. Also, I could be mentally prepared for the situation, and would become more devoted to finding a cure to the disease.
So basically, I agree with pretty much everyone else here.
How boring.
http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/huntington/huntington.htm
just some of the basics on Huntingtons, and the future of research in the field.
The fourth chromosome is the one that causes huntingstons disease. If it were me I would go to genetic counseling so I could know when it will start to effect me what I can do to prolong it and any possible treatments.
Jessica WOeckener
The chromome that is involved with Huntington's disease is lucky chromosome number four.
I would probably go to geneting testing and counseling because i would want to know whether i have this disease and if i oculd pass it to my children because i would not want a disease like that to be passed down in my family. But If i did have it then i wouldnt want to know cuz i would just be dreading the rest of my life. So only if i don't ahve it i would like to know lol
http://www.cyberbee.com/whodunnit/fp.html
this is on fingerprinting
The chromome that is involved with Huntington's disease is lucky chromosome number four.
I would probably go to geneting testing and counseling because i would want to know whether i have this disease and if i oculd pass it to my children because i would not want a disease like that to be passed down in my family. But If i did have it then i wouldnt want to know cuz i would just be dreading the rest of my life. So only if i don't ahve it i would like to know lol
http://www.cyberbee.com/whodunnit/fp.html
this is on fingerprinting
Huntington's disease is found on the fourth chromosome and well thats how it is.
If I was in this sort of situation I would be first in line for counseling. I would want to know if I have a chance, if I'm developing of if I even already have the disease. Then if those test proved positive, I'd be sure to live out every single one of my dreams (Yes that includes riding a lion and swimming with otters and dolphins) before my thoughts numb out.
This is a Q + A on Genetic Counseling for Huntington's disease. Awesome site
http://www.lkwdpl.org/hdsa/hdtest.htm
If I was in this sort of situation I would be first in line for counseling. I would want to know if I have a chance, if I'm developing of if I even already have the disease. Then if those test proved positive, I'd be sure to live out every single one of my dreams (Yes that includes riding a lion and swimming with otters and dolphins) before my thoughts numb out.
This is a Q + A on Genetic Counseling for Huntington's disease. Awesome site
http://www.lkwdpl.org/hdsa/hdtest.htm
Huntington's disease is a result of a defective fourth chromosome.
in a situation like this, i think i would go for genetic counseling and testing. i would like to know if i have the disease so i can prepare myself and my family. i would also like to know because i would not like to pass this disease to any of my children so therefore i would adopt. by getting tested, i would be able to know what i can do before my time is up and i can do as much as i would like to do in my lifetime.
Gentic Counseling in your areas
in a situation like this, i think i would go for genetic counseling and testing. i would like to know if i have the disease so i can prepare myself and my family. i would also like to know because i would not like to pass this disease to any of my children so therefore i would adopt. by getting tested, i would be able to know what i can do before my time is up and i can do as much as i would like to do in my lifetime.
Gentic Counseling in your areas
Sorry im a little late.
Well when i researched Huntington's disease i found out that it is a rare inherited neurological disorder affecting up to 8 people per 100,000. It is the fourth chromosome that causes the disease in the human body. If i was told that i had the disease, i would attend genetic counseling. Also i would put my child's life at risk of obtaining the disease, so i would probably adopt a child.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huntington's_disease
http://www.kidshealth.org/parent/pregnancy_newborn/medical_problems/genetic_counseling.html
Well when i researched Huntington's disease i found out that it is a rare inherited neurological disorder affecting up to 8 people per 100,000. It is the fourth chromosome that causes the disease in the human body. If i was told that i had the disease, i would attend genetic counseling. Also i would put my child's life at risk of obtaining the disease, so i would probably adopt a child.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huntington's_disease
http://www.kidshealth.org/parent/pregnancy_newborn/medical_problems/genetic_counseling.html
THe fourth chromosome causes Huntington's disease. I would go for genetic counseling so I would know how to live the rest of my life.
Here is a link on genetic counselers and what they do
http://www.ornl.gov/sci/techresources/Human_Genome/medicine/genecounseling.shtml
Here is a link on genetic counselers and what they do
http://www.ornl.gov/sci/techresources/Human_Genome/medicine/genecounseling.shtml
The chromosome that causes Huntingtons Disease is the fourth chromsome.
I think i wouold go for counseling because i would want to know how do slow down the speed at which i would start getting signs and maybe how to deal with it.
This link is about electrophoresis.
http://www.bergen.org/AAST/projects/Gel/
I think i wouold go for counseling because i would want to know how do slow down the speed at which i would start getting signs and maybe how to deal with it.
This link is about electrophoresis.
http://www.bergen.org/AAST/projects/Gel/
1. Huntingtons dieases is located on the 4th choromosomes.
2. If I knew I had Huntingtons disease I would go to to counsleing because I would like to know whats I should be expecting and bgt ready for it.
3. http://protist.biology.washington.edu/fingerprint/dnaintro.html
2. If I knew I had Huntingtons disease I would go to to counsleing because I would like to know whats I should be expecting and bgt ready for it.
3. http://protist.biology.washington.edu/fingerprint/dnaintro.html
Huntington's disease originates from a problem with the fourth chromosome.
I don't think I would get tested. I'd let fate take its course, without the burden of knowledge of the future over my head. If I did have a child, I'm almost positive he/she would have the same attitude.
Electrophoresis:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrophoresis
Post a Comment
I don't think I would get tested. I'd let fate take its course, without the burden of knowledge of the future over my head. If I did have a child, I'm almost positive he/she would have the same attitude.
Electrophoresis:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrophoresis
<< Home

