22 April 2007
Postings and Links Period Three
Comments:
<< Home
My feeling is different from the results. No this does not suprise me. It does not suprise me because i am not really interested in this type of study. I expected my answer to be a little different from the others.
Based on the CNN article, biodiversity is important to both humankind because we need it to be healthy. It is important to the planet because it affects the air and nature.
http://www.biodiversity.org/
Based on the CNN article, biodiversity is important to both humankind because we need it to be healthy. It is important to the planet because it affects the air and nature.
http://www.biodiversity.org/
1. My feelings about human activity and climate change effecting plant life compared to the results is that my opinion and the opinion of most people are the same. I believe that plant life is a priority. No it doesn't surprise me because I think that most people believe that plants are important.
2. Based on the BioDiversity video I think biodiversity is important to both humankind and the planet because without biodiversity without it nothing would be able to exist.
3. BioDiversity
2. Based on the BioDiversity video I think biodiversity is important to both humankind and the planet because without biodiversity without it nothing would be able to exist.
3. BioDiversity
1.My feeling are the same with the results. I thought that they might have been different because i thought that most people would be more concerned about wildlife than plants.
2. Based on the biodiversity video i think biodiversity is important because without other animals and plants humans couldnt live because every plant and animal makes the world easier to live in.
Super link
2. Based on the biodiversity video i think biodiversity is important because without other animals and plants humans couldnt live because every plant and animal makes the world easier to live in.
Super link
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yay! lucky number four!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My feeling toward this subject is just like the majority. The result does not surprise me at all. I think the poll was biased in the sense that most opinions (including mine) were based on common sense and rationality. I mean, it makes no sense at all to save a wildlife species and then find out that in the time that was dedicated, that the plant species it eats is gone. Yes, animals are very adaptable, but then there are those certain species who only eat a certain plant. (out of over 200 species of bamboo, the panda only eats about 20 certain species and even then it might get tired of a certain kind and want another!)I think that whoever came up with the poll should have chosen a less biased question or change the choices for it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Based on the BioDiversity video, I think that biodiversity is essential to our species and the world around us. All species of life, from protist to monkey all literally need eachother in order to survive and carry on their species. Everything would cease to exist without one another. WE really need to start taking action and stopping all of this deforestation and annihilation of animal and plant species alike, because before we know it, we could start eliminating ourselves. Yes, that last point is very extreme, but with all that has happened in the world, this situation is very possible.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Muy fabuloso 'link' (:D)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yay! lucky number four!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My feeling toward this subject is just like the majority. The result does not surprise me at all. I think the poll was biased in the sense that most opinions (including mine) were based on common sense and rationality. I mean, it makes no sense at all to save a wildlife species and then find out that in the time that was dedicated, that the plant species it eats is gone. Yes, animals are very adaptable, but then there are those certain species who only eat a certain plant. (out of over 200 species of bamboo, the panda only eats about 20 certain species and even then it might get tired of a certain kind and want another!)I think that whoever came up with the poll should have chosen a less biased question or change the choices for it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Based on the BioDiversity video, I think that biodiversity is essential to our species and the world around us. All species of life, from protist to monkey all literally need eachother in order to survive and carry on their species. Everything would cease to exist without one another. WE really need to start taking action and stopping all of this deforestation and annihilation of animal and plant species alike, because before we know it, we could start eliminating ourselves. Yes, that last point is very extreme, but with all that has happened in the world, this situation is very possible.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Muy fabuloso 'link' (:D)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When I voted, the results were 62% said yes and 38% said no. I thought that these results seemed right, because naturally some people would care about the protection of animals.
According to the CNN article, biodiversity is important to humankind and the planet because we need the rainforest for survival. People use the money from illegal logging for their own profits instead of other things.
My Link
According to the CNN article, biodiversity is important to humankind and the planet because we need the rainforest for survival. People use the money from illegal logging for their own profits instead of other things.
My Link
Hey everyone. No offense Mr. J but that quick vote thing is a no brainer. Who wouldn't put save the oceans as there answer?? Just for the record I did and I wasn't surprised at all with the results.
BioDiversity can affect humans as well as animals because if rainforest's are taken down, it will change the Earth's climate. This affects everything that lives on this planet.... Especially the poor animals whose home's are being taken down by the acres. Without BiDiversity the world as we know it now will not be the same.
The link is from Stanford and has a really long explination about the topic. It was good for me to read so i can understand it a little better.
You Know You Wanna Click It :-)
BioDiversity can affect humans as well as animals because if rainforest's are taken down, it will change the Earth's climate. This affects everything that lives on this planet.... Especially the poor animals whose home's are being taken down by the acres. Without BiDiversity the world as we know it now will not be the same.
The link is from Stanford and has a really long explination about the topic. It was good for me to read so i can understand it a little better.
You Know You Wanna Click It :-)
just a quick note on the quick vote! they changed the question... i was not expecting that to happen, so the question you answer might be different. : - )
I dont exactly know what is going on but the quick vote changed. *laughs* So the one I answered was the newer, if the oceans with endangered species should or should now be protected. The vote and I both agreed that the areas should be protected.
Based on the Diversity code cutsie movie, I'd say that all the biodiversity is very very important because if one thing dies, then another does and then it creates a domino like chain effect, killing every single living organism in its path. If we were to kill all the trees in the world, then a whole bunch of things that live in trees would die and we would loose a lot of resources and whatnot.
Clique Ici!
Based on the Diversity code cutsie movie, I'd say that all the biodiversity is very very important because if one thing dies, then another does and then it creates a domino like chain effect, killing every single living organism in its path. If we were to kill all the trees in the world, then a whole bunch of things that live in trees would die and we would loose a lot of resources and whatnot.
Clique Ici!
1. My quick vote question was asking whether areas of the ocean that contain endangered species should be protected or not. I voted that they should be (along with 95% of the voters). However, now that I think about it more, that isn't very practical. Animals (most notably aquatic ones) move quite a bit, which would complicate the protective movements. I'm sure it would make a difference, but it would take careful planning and lots of work to put it in motion. However, the results do not surprise me.
2. Biodiversity is very important to everyone. Without certain groups of flora and/or fauna, others would either die off or overpopulate. This would spell disaster for everyone and everything. I mean, what would Mr. Johnson do if he didn't have his specially prepared and very healthy lunch? ;] Everything would just whither away into nothingness without biodiversity... How tragic.
3. Link time! Uhh... Yeah, it's really long and it tells about what biodiversity is and why it is important. :]
2. Biodiversity is very important to everyone. Without certain groups of flora and/or fauna, others would either die off or overpopulate. This would spell disaster for everyone and everything. I mean, what would Mr. Johnson do if he didn't have his specially prepared and very healthy lunch? ;] Everything would just whither away into nothingness without biodiversity... How tragic.
3. Link time! Uhh... Yeah, it's really long and it tells about what biodiversity is and why it is important. :]
Oops... I posted a different link than I orinigally had and I didn't change the description. ^^;; This one isn't as long, but it still gets the same message across to the reader that biodiversity is incredibly important to everyone and everything. Sorry about that!
The “Should areas of ocean populated by endangered species be designated as protected environments?” Quick Vote results did not surprise me. The results went along almost perfectly with my feeling of yes. The vote total as of now is 95% yes and 5% no.
Biodiversity is important to both mankind and the planet according to the CNN article by: the rainforest being needed for all of us to survive. Without rainforests the world’s climate will change.
Click Here
Biodiversity is important to both mankind and the planet according to the CNN article by: the rainforest being needed for all of us to survive. Without rainforests the world’s climate will change.
Click Here
1. My answer was yes, as was 95% of the people who took the quickvote test. This does not surprise me. I think that most people realize that by designating the areas of the ocean with endangered species as protected, they can reduce the risk of causing these animals to become extinct. Obviously there are other reasons for the extinction of a species, but most ends of a species are human-induced.
2. Biodiversity is important to both the planet and mankind because it allows for differentiation. Because of issues like deforestation, biodiversity on our planet is decreasing. This leads to the extinction of species that claim the rainforest as their home, many of which have not yet been discovered. If biodiversity continues to decrease, we will lose many species that have not yet been discovered. This could mean that we never find a possible cure for a disease, like AIDS or cancer, and also we may never discover the many species of animals and plants that live in places where biodiversity is decreasing.
3. My Link
^ This link includes information about what biodiversity is, the consequences of a decrease in biodiversity, causes of a reduction in biodiversity, and things that are affected by the decrease of it.
2. Biodiversity is important to both the planet and mankind because it allows for differentiation. Because of issues like deforestation, biodiversity on our planet is decreasing. This leads to the extinction of species that claim the rainforest as their home, many of which have not yet been discovered. If biodiversity continues to decrease, we will lose many species that have not yet been discovered. This could mean that we never find a possible cure for a disease, like AIDS or cancer, and also we may never discover the many species of animals and plants that live in places where biodiversity is decreasing.
3. My Link
^ This link includes information about what biodiversity is, the consequences of a decrease in biodiversity, causes of a reduction in biodiversity, and things that are affected by the decrease of it.
I think i got a different poll. ivoted for endangered animals in the oceant o be protected or not and my answer was the same as everyone elses, yes.
but in regards to biodiversity i believe that it is very important to everything that exists on this planet , as was shown in the video we are not above it, we exist through it.
Go Froggies!!!
this link is by the museum of natural nistory so i think it is legit.lol
but in regards to biodiversity i believe that it is very important to everything that exists on this planet , as was shown in the video we are not above it, we exist through it.
Go Froggies!!!
this link is by the museum of natural nistory so i think it is legit.lol
So, I happened to get the poll about the endangered animals & oceans. I voted that the oceans should be designated as protected environments. At the time i voted, it was 95% yes and 5% no. And I completely agree. It's reducing the risk of those species becoming extinct.
Based on the video, biodiversity is important because everything is connected. Plants, animals, and humans all rely on each other to live. It's literally a "web" and is important to survival.
Linkage=]
Based on the video, biodiversity is important because everything is connected. Plants, animals, and humans all rely on each other to live. It's literally a "web" and is important to survival.
Linkage=]
I said no just to be different to the ocean question. At the time i voted, it was 95% yes and 5% no.The answer didn't surprise me at all because it is a liberal site and everyone wants to protect animals.Survival of the fitest!!!
And honestly if people are going out to kill endangered creatures anyway how will this stop those people and the other thing if u make it a protected area would the whole global community have to agree becasue it is not a land where someone has a claim on it.
Bio diversity is important because with alot of animals they have a trait that helps them survive or do special things. the komoto dragon's saliva is a natural painkiller, cone snails as painkillers and other things like that. IF we humans learn to harness some of the animals powers, we could have an easier life.
Click Here
And honestly if people are going out to kill endangered creatures anyway how will this stop those people and the other thing if u make it a protected area would the whole global community have to agree becasue it is not a land where someone has a claim on it.
Bio diversity is important because with alot of animals they have a trait that helps them survive or do special things. the komoto dragon's saliva is a natural painkiller, cone snails as painkillers and other things like that. IF we humans learn to harness some of the animals powers, we could have an easier life.
Click Here
Yeah, my feeling is different from the results. It doesn't really surprise me, because I probably have different political views than most of the people on that website.
I do think that Biodiversity is important, because we need other animals and plants to survive. I just don't think that people should be more concerned with animals than with humanity, because animals can't really care about us.
http://www.hiltonpond.org/ArticleBiodiversitySCMain.html
I do think that Biodiversity is important, because we need other animals and plants to survive. I just don't think that people should be more concerned with animals than with humanity, because animals can't really care about us.
http://www.hiltonpond.org/ArticleBiodiversitySCMain.html
I felt that plants and animals both needed to be thought about. This was different from the main group of voters. I was not suprised since it was CNN.com.(I voted in the beginning of the week, but didn't post till now)
Biodiversity is important because each animal was designed for a specific group of animals and if we lose that we are in trouble.biodiversity is essential to the survival of thousands of species on the planet.
http://www.endangeredspecie.com/Why_Save_.htm
Biodiversity is important because each animal was designed for a specific group of animals and if we lose that we are in trouble.biodiversity is essential to the survival of thousands of species on the planet.
http://www.endangeredspecie.com/Why_Save_.htm
1. i put no for the ocean thing. u might think i'm a person, but my choice has logical sense. I think any & all human interferance with nature has consequences. this kind of idea wouldn't work. we don't own the ocean. so we can't just say a certain area is protected, not all countries would go with that. there would be international issuses. if we did do it, it wouldn't solve much most fish reproduce rapidly so they wouldn't be endangered for long. i know i missed some kinds of animals, but protecting something in the ocean could be problematic. the ocean is huge. there could be many species that are endangered. plus some migrate. If we "protected" any bit of ocean that they are in, there would be no more ocean. Just "protected space".
2.biodiversity is important, because if one species dies out, another will follow it into extinction
3. i couldn't find a site srry
2.biodiversity is important, because if one species dies out, another will follow it into extinction
3. i couldn't find a site srry
1. So i voted "yes" for the question on protecting designated areas in the ocean. Right now, the tally is 95% yea 5% nah...n im really not surprised at these results, which is a good thing. By doing this, many endangered species could be easily saved, so why not?
2. Based on the video, biodiversity is an essential element to all life on Earth. As humans kill species vital to our own existance, it harms both the endangered species as well as ourselves. All these animals are dying, and eventually, we will pay the price as well. Personally, I really dont see why we keep doing this...i mean, its not like WE are invincible. These animals contain cures to diseases that we are currently struggling against. People should realize that what they are doing to the environment will have an effect on themselves as well. (Wow, im really annoyed at humans right now...lol) Seriously though, people are just so careless in what they do..and selfish as well. "it doesnt matter what we do now..itll get me money and it will affect future generations, not mine"
UGH
I think people should start taking action right now. I mean EVERYONE...if everyone in the world was aware that we are really killing ourselves in the long run, they would most deffinately change their ways. The word just has to be spread quicker.
3. linkie.
2. Based on the video, biodiversity is an essential element to all life on Earth. As humans kill species vital to our own existance, it harms both the endangered species as well as ourselves. All these animals are dying, and eventually, we will pay the price as well. Personally, I really dont see why we keep doing this...i mean, its not like WE are invincible. These animals contain cures to diseases that we are currently struggling against. People should realize that what they are doing to the environment will have an effect on themselves as well. (Wow, im really annoyed at humans right now...lol) Seriously though, people are just so careless in what they do..and selfish as well. "it doesnt matter what we do now..itll get me money and it will affect future generations, not mine"
UGH
I think people should start taking action right now. I mean EVERYONE...if everyone in the world was aware that we are really killing ourselves in the long run, they would most deffinately change their ways. The word just has to be spread quicker.
3. linkie.
just to clarify, that thing in quotes was from the point of view of a careless person...not mine.
yupyuppppppp.
yupyuppppppp.
I’m with everyone I took the quick quiz and the oceans endangered animals should be protected.
And my concerns to the biodiversity video are that it is important to the everyone and everything that lives on the plant because without it; it would be hard to live.
My Wonderful Link
And my concerns to the biodiversity video are that it is important to the everyone and everything that lives on the plant because without it; it would be hard to live.
My Wonderful Link
I can't possibly assert that I know enough about this situation as would be necessary to form an educated opinion, so I'll do what should be done by all who sympathize.
I'll abstain.
As for the general results, there are no surprises. It's a liberal website for a liberal news station: it comes as no surprise that the general traffic of the site would not be the crowd that tries to become educated and consider all values and possibilities before forming an opinion.
As for biodiversity, I'll express my thoughts using a slight modification on a saying, and with it should be taken all the implications and nuance of the original saying.
It's the ecosystem, stupid.
We should protect biodiversity as necessary. Who actually knows how effective it would be to simply rope off large swaths of ocean in protecting the endangered species: who actually knows what the effects on our economy would be? We don't. It's too easy to throw your bleeding heart against the wall, scream "PROTECT THE ENVIRONMENT," and lock yourself in your room crying. There's much more to it than that. Let's be smart about this. Impulsiveness has rarely gotten people anywhere except in trouble.
One of my favorite right-leaning libertarian bloggers, Jane Galt, has something interesting to say on the subject:
http://www.janegalt.net/archives/004354.html
I'll abstain.
As for the general results, there are no surprises. It's a liberal website for a liberal news station: it comes as no surprise that the general traffic of the site would not be the crowd that tries to become educated and consider all values and possibilities before forming an opinion.
As for biodiversity, I'll express my thoughts using a slight modification on a saying, and with it should be taken all the implications and nuance of the original saying.
It's the ecosystem, stupid.
We should protect biodiversity as necessary. Who actually knows how effective it would be to simply rope off large swaths of ocean in protecting the endangered species: who actually knows what the effects on our economy would be? We don't. It's too easy to throw your bleeding heart against the wall, scream "PROTECT THE ENVIRONMENT," and lock yourself in your room crying. There's much more to it than that. Let's be smart about this. Impulsiveness has rarely gotten people anywhere except in trouble.
One of my favorite right-leaning libertarian bloggers, Jane Galt, has something interesting to say on the subject:
http://www.janegalt.net/archives/004354.html
I voted that I think that the parts of the ocean that have endangered species living in them should be protected. When I viewed the results, 95% said that, too. I was not surprised at all with this, because there are a lot of people out there who feel this way. We just hear about the people who don't care and treat the environment poorly. Diodiversity is important because all animals and plants are important to the food chain. It is also important to the planet because different species use different materials and produce other materials. One example of this is that plants need carbon dioxide and make oxygen, and humans need oxygen and make carbon dioxide.
This website shows how serious extinction is becoming.
http://isis.csuhayward.edu/alss/geography/mlee/envt2000/biodivf99.htm
This website shows how serious extinction is becoming.
http://isis.csuhayward.edu/alss/geography/mlee/envt2000/biodivf99.htm
1. I voted no. It seems like its going to cause more problems, not necessarily in the environment, but just political and international issues over "who owns the ocean?" etc. True, we protect areas of land that have endangered species on them, but land is much easier to control and designate than water. Like eric said, the species don't stay in one place. they move. what are we going to do, say the entire ocean is a protected area? It's a nice thought, but the concept doesn't make much sense.
2. Biodiversity is important. I agree. But, I think if we meddle into the ecosystem and animal life too much, we're going to end up messing something up and it'll all backfire on us. I say, we try and protect as much as we can, just not pushing it over the top. Don't get me wrong, I think biodiversity is critical. But I'm not sure if it's our place to fix the world.
3. http://www.biodiversityhotspots.org/xp/Hotspots/
2. Biodiversity is important. I agree. But, I think if we meddle into the ecosystem and animal life too much, we're going to end up messing something up and it'll all backfire on us. I say, we try and protect as much as we can, just not pushing it over the top. Don't get me wrong, I think biodiversity is critical. But I'm not sure if it's our place to fix the world.
3. http://www.biodiversityhotspots.org/xp/Hotspots/
emilia
hola
i answered the question about whether areas of the ocean that contain endangered species should be protected or not. I voted that yes, they should be, however, as someone already said, aquatic animals do move quite a bit. 95% of voters answered the same thing as i did, which doesn't surprise me. people should be, and are, somewhat aware of endangered species and measures done to protect them.
biodiversity is important to protect endangered species and ensure the continuation of survival on our planet.
link
hola
i answered the question about whether areas of the ocean that contain endangered species should be protected or not. I voted that yes, they should be, however, as someone already said, aquatic animals do move quite a bit. 95% of voters answered the same thing as i did, which doesn't surprise me. people should be, and are, somewhat aware of endangered species and measures done to protect them.
biodiversity is important to protect endangered species and ensure the continuation of survival on our planet.
link
My feelings are very similar with the results, I think that areas with endangered species animals should be protected areas. The results and my answer were very similar and the results didn't surprise me because I knew that most people would agree. To be exact 95% agreed.
After observing the Biodiversity video i concluded that biodiversity is important. We need our rain forest to thrive because it contributes to our survival. Without any rain forest, the climate of earth would change drastically.
http://www.biodiversity.org/
After observing the Biodiversity video i concluded that biodiversity is important. We need our rain forest to thrive because it contributes to our survival. Without any rain forest, the climate of earth would change drastically.
http://www.biodiversity.org/
My quick vote question was asking whether areas of the ocean that contain endangered species should be protected or not. I voted yes, as did 95% of the people that voted also. It wasnt much of a surprise.
I think biodiversity is very important to both humankind and the planet. With deforestation the rainforests are slowly disappering and the planet along with its diverse lifeforms are disappering.
Biodiversity
I think biodiversity is very important to both humankind and the planet. With deforestation the rainforests are slowly disappering and the planet along with its diverse lifeforms are disappering.
Biodiversity
Based on the vote results I was not surprised at all because most people know how important it is to preserve a species. Biodiversity is important to the planet because it keeps nature in balance and helps animals survive because it is the environment there use to and it helps mankind because if one species is hurt so are all the others so we have to care about animals and rainforests and other environments just as much as we care about the human kind.
My feelings are what the high majority of the votes were. I would think most people would vote yes to consider the place protected. It was not a surprise to me.
Based on the CNN article, biodiversity is important because we need it to live and be healthy. It is important for the planet because it affects the air, wildlife and nature. it is what the world and people need to survive.
biodiversity
Based on the CNN article, biodiversity is important because we need it to live and be healthy. It is important for the planet because it affects the air, wildlife and nature. it is what the world and people need to survive.
biodiversity
Jessica Woeckener
No i wasnt surprised about the results cuz i was one of teh 96% that said yes. I think that you should protect animals if they are endanged.
BioDiversity is important because it allows us to recover from disasters. The small and large animals and plants are just as important as the other. It makes it possible for us to live.
http://www.globalissues.org/EnvIssues/Biodiversity.asp
No i wasnt surprised about the results cuz i was one of teh 96% that said yes. I think that you should protect animals if they are endanged.
BioDiversity is important because it allows us to recover from disasters. The small and large animals and plants are just as important as the other. It makes it possible for us to live.
http://www.globalissues.org/EnvIssues/Biodiversity.asp
Lol I was reading the first few posts, and then I realized that they had changed the question...
Ok so I said yes, when I voted the results were 94% said yes and 6% said no. I am not surprised that mostly everyone feels this way, because the endangered animals need to be saved.
Biodiversity is important because there is a chain of animals that exists in the world... if one animal dies, it will effect other animals' survival... and so on and so forth... yeah I'm sure you get the picture...
Biodiveristy
Ok so I said yes, when I voted the results were 94% said yes and 6% said no. I am not surprised that mostly everyone feels this way, because the endangered animals need to be saved.
Biodiversity is important because there is a chain of animals that exists in the world... if one animal dies, it will effect other animals' survival... and so on and so forth... yeah I'm sure you get the picture...
Biodiveristy
Ok so yeah. I guess I seriously forgot about this blog. Kinda really late but its better than not doing it. The quick vote question has completely changed but whatever. I'll answer anyway.
Um so the question changed and my answer is the same as the majority of the voters. It does not surprise me because in order to limit emissions of carbon dioxide, large countries are needed to help reduce the amount.
Biodiversity is important to humankind and the planet because it helps resistance of catastrophe, produces food for humans, medicines are derived from it, and other stuff.
Click Here
Post a Comment
Um so the question changed and my answer is the same as the majority of the voters. It does not surprise me because in order to limit emissions of carbon dioxide, large countries are needed to help reduce the amount.
Biodiversity is important to humankind and the planet because it helps resistance of catastrophe, produces food for humans, medicines are derived from it, and other stuff.
Click Here
<< Home

