14 October 2007

 

Postings Due Friday 19 October @ Midnight

Period One Views and Links
Comments:
Personally, I think it's disgusting that people think everything can be turned into a reality TV show. It's great that they want to raise awareness of an issue, but couldn't they think of anything better than this? I mean, come on! Gambling people's lives that depend on a transplant? That's just wrong!!!
Buying and selling organs should not be legal. I realize that people need ways to get out of poverty, or others need a new organ. But if were doing this just to be helpful, they could donate their organ and have the job done properly. And besides, people desperate for money could end up dying anyway from some infection they got from having surgery in unsterile conditions.
I would not go into the organ market if it was legal. For one thing, I'd rather keep all my parts to myself. If I needed a transplant for some reason, I would only take an organ that was donated to the hospital and that I know is safe.

Arguments against organ sales
 
i think its a really stupid and disgusting idea to solve someones health problems throught a game show. no i dont think it should be legalto buy or sell body parts. i would not buy or sell a kidney unless my life depended on it.

Click Here
 
1. i think the reality game show to obtain organ transplants is a great idea. either way ONE person has to get it so why not see who is most worthy.
2. i think selling organs and skin should be legal becuz it benefits the seller and the buyer and hurts no1 in any way.
3. if i needed a kidney i would buy one and if i DESPERATLY needed $ to support my family i would my kidney

http://www.organselling.com/
 
i think that it's wrong to use suffering ppl to make $$$. this T.V. show would be horrible to air. they try to use 10 cent excuses to get this show aired but honestly they are water excuses. the market for organs a good idea?? in certin circumstances such as hospitals buy the organs & preforming the procedure in the hospitpal but not in free trade. thats where the problem would arise. if i needed an oragan i would use the would be "organ market" only if the aquirzation of the organ fell into the terms descibed above. but what i don't understand is why ppl are so selfish when it comes to organs i mean yeah if your religion/beliefs are against it ok i get it but the ppl who are like i was born with 2 kidneys ill die with 2 kidneys and ill be buried with 2 kidneys. trust me there are ppl like that im like that with my wisdom teeth b/c i dont want to get them pulled but its diffrent b/c nobody needs them. but if joe shmoe off the streetstold me he needed an organ and i was a match donar i would give it to him but only if it was SAFE!!!

Click me!!!!
 
ellooo I think that the reality show is a really bad idea.A serious matter is turning into entertainment. I do not think it should be legal to buy and sell organs. It all depends on the circumstances but i don't think I would buy or sell one.
Sell yourself for cash?!?!
 
I feel that selling your organs on a tv show is ridiculous. If you want to help donate your organs why don't you inform those who make transplants, not the world of television. If you want to advertise the importance of transplants, don't put it on reality tv put it on the news or commercials, where people may actually see it.
I think that buying and selling organs should be illegal. One reason is that people could get infections from transplants that are not done properly. Another is that if people find out that they can give/ sell their kidney for a lot of money, they're going to do it. Transplants should only occur in life threatening circumstances.
I would not participate in selling my kidney or any other organ. I would donate it if necessary. If i desparately needed an organ, i would hold off of getting one until it became no other option. Even then, depending on the circumstances maybe I would just prefer to die.

Organ Selling
 
I think the show is terrible. There are some reality shows that are borderline, but this one clearly crosses it. Showing people on TV that will most likely die if they're not selected is a very bad idea. The only potential good thing about this show would be increased awareness, but that's it.

I think it should be legal, but only if the law made says that it has to be a serious situation. I don't think it's right to give people who don't have much money the option of giving up one of their organs to help sustain their family. They will most likely take that option, giving up a very important part of their body, and hindering their life.

I would not buy or sell a kidney. If I needed an organ, I would take one that has been donated to me. If I were to give an organ, it would be strictly a donation. I would not accept money for it. Also, I would only donate an organ to my family or one of my close friends.

Experts Warn Against Organ Trade
 
I think that a reality game show to win organ transplants is wrong. Someone who needs it to survive might lose and then what?
I think it should be legal so there will be more organs for people who need them. The price may go down too so that would help poor people.I would only buy/sell a kidney if my or a friend/family's needs one to live.


Selling Ur Organs
 
I think it is a really idiotic idea to make the sales of organs into a reality show. This is dealing with a real topic, could be life and death, and you shouldn't kid around with that. I do belive that it should be legal to sell organs if and only if the receiver really needs and has enough money to get it from donar, and not enough for the hospital. Personally though I would not like to buy an organ, it could be infected and could cause me great damage.

here is a link( i still cant figure out how to hyperlink it)

http://www.reason.com/news/show/34799.html
 
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
I'm the most bored person in the world right now. Time for a teacher assistant opinion!

Well, in American society, or any society in general, the media is the way for information to travel. In this way, a "reality game show" might not be that bad. The game show can touch many different lives because it will expose how these disabled people without parts live. In fact, people on the fence might jump over to donate an organ. I think that just because some individuals lose, doesn't mean they'll die. For instance, fans of the show might donate an organ to them. I hope I'm not being too naive about it. Television is only bad in the wrong makers, but I'm sure that a show created by good people can work. Life is a "game" in itself. I don't see people complaining about that. The idea of certain individuals being exposed or destroyed by this show is too naive or pessimistic, but maybe that just reflects our current society's viewpoint on the feelings of individuals versus the feelings of the whole society. I'm sure people are stronger than that, atleast adults... or atleast that's part of becoming one.

I think it should be legal to buy or sell organs. For people, the dollar, or should i say, the unit of currency with a country, can be a way for impoverished people to gain money and gain a better opportunity at supporting their life and their families. It provides an extra incentive. Sure, the donation for free should still be available, but I believe more people would donate if there was money given. Except, the problem with giving money is where to derive it from, so maybe instead of money, they could give like a free operation coupon! I hope that doesn't sound messed up.

If it was legal, I don't really know if I would sell my kidney. It depends; I'm a monster eater and I eat really fast, so I think I'd get pretty impatient eating slower just because I have one kidney. That sounds selfish, I know, but who isn't? Maybe, I'm open to the idea. But if I do lose one, I don't think I'd buy one, since other people probably need it more than I (the one's that don't have kidneys at all).

Come on, I wanna see some passion in these comments! I'm such a loser...
 
i think that the reality show is a reall bad idea. if they really needed the organ they could just tell a doctor and get a transplant as soon as possible. your basing someones life on a reality show. it would just cause hurt if they didnt win the organ. i dont think it should be legal. you never relly know who your going to get the organ from. it could be dangerous to your life. even if it were legal i wouldnt buy a kidney. you could have pernament damage if something goes wrong. i dont think that should be a risk anyone should take. it could be so harmful to your body.

Arugements for reality show
 
A reality game show to obtain organ transplants is a really bad idea! it'd just sounds so wrong to play with a person's life that way.
It should be legal but only if the person getting the organ knows who and where it's coming from and is being operated on in a sterile enviroment.
if it was legal to buy and sell organs i'd only buy a kidney if i really needed it. like if i was gonna die with out it. and i'm not gonna sell my kidney, i'll donate it when i die.
Click Here
 
I thought that the reality game show was stupid in the way it mocked a really serious issue. I don't see how playing a game for something that could be a life or death situtation could be entertaining to watch. It definetly shouln't be legal because the organ could be infected with some aserious disease and the recipient wouldn't even know it. If it were legal i dont think i would sell a kidney, i would just donate it if someone really needed it. and if i needed a kidney really bad and there was no other way for me to obtain one, it would be possible that i would buy a kidney.
 
i dont think it is right to have a game show like this. there are other ways you can express the organ shortage the world is having. I dont think it should be legal to buy and sell organs. People should donate like its always been. If u had a kidney problem and i took you and put u on a tv show with two other contestants and i didnt choose u how would u feel that the whole world pretty much knows your gna die. i believe that people only have to donate their organs if they feel neccessary some people find it wrong. If i die i wouldnt mind donating my organs. But i wouldnt want to make someone who is on the verge of death pay for my organ to survive. If someone does sell my organs I think i would come back and haunt them hahahahaha.
 
i think its crazy to have a game show for giving away organs.i would never sell an organ, what if i needed it one day or something? i dont think its ok to sell organs its just not ethical.
hey click this, its cool?
 
.... You guys are SO BIASED against the show it's not even funny anymore! Obviously, THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT RIGHT NOW does not respond well to its current input with organ donations! Why are you guys so sensitive about it? The show can be INFORMATIVE and REVEALING. Is EVERYTHING on tv just stereotyped with humor and entertainment? I mean, it's not like are no such thing as documentaries. This show can reveal a lot, and plus atleast SOMEONE gets an organ. Even if the stupid company gets profit, atleast the idea would be more revealed to people; people will finally start talking about organ donations, a subject that has been neglected! If there is another new way that the world can show this organ shortage in a better way, cause I'm SURE they've said it on the news and nothing has been done, then why don't you say it instead of just implying one?

The reality of it is, even if people lose, more people would be willing to donate because of the exposure. If you guys really think it is a grotesque idea, I think it's time for a self-evaluation check. Not all things in this world are covered in sugar, and the people entering the show would learn that too.

Sigh, just because people are sensitive these days, I guess I'll say sorry to the people who's feelings are hurt if they ever read this comment... ahh.. the sensitive American society.
 
WOW people go to extremes to get entertainment these days. I mean a reality show about getting organ transplant that if you dont get you could die. Thats just messed up they take a serious issue and make a big joke out of it. It should omly be legal to purchase organs when you are in dire need of them like in a life or death situation. The only time i would ever buy or sell an organ would be to save someone i knows life


CLICK HERE IF YOU KNOW WHATS GOOD FOR YOU!!
 
A "reality game show" to obtain organ transplants is absolutely outrageous. No person should be pleading for their life in front of a camera.
It depends on the situation that people could buy and sell organs like kidneys, liver, and skin. If someone is in emergency of an organ the possible but it depends on the situation. If it was legal to by or sell organs i don't think i would do either. It kind of grosses me out.


Click Here
 
Personally, I don't think that it is a good idea to be making a tv show out of doning an organ to someone in need of one. I honestly think that it's a disgrace in itsself and no person in their right mind would watch that as entertainment. I mean someone's life at risk is going to be watched as entertainment. It's mortifying and is definitely something that willbe frowned upon. I also do not think that buying and selling organs should be legal because someone's financial status should not have anything to do with their rate of survival if crucial. But, in this society that we live in, it is usually the contrary of that. If it was made legal, and i had a disease and my life was at risk, obvisouly i would buy an organ. I mean, who wouldn't. It's a life or death situation. But selling an organ to someone i would not do. Once again, I don't think that it's right nor morally accurate to be charging someone for their life. I would be happy to donate an organ to someone and to know that I am helping save someone's life, and just that grattitude alone would be just as worthy as pay.
Click Here
 
I don't like the idea of a game show to get oragans. Why would somebody even go on a game show to get an organ. Specially if it on TV. I think it should not be legal to buy and sell organs. No I would not buy or sell an organ. I just don't think it is that important. Even if I needed something I would not buy or sell them.
I also think that if I were missing an important organ I might be saying something different. It is difficult to know what to do if you have everything and you are fine.
 
forgot link.....

Click Here
 
I think that the idea of a reality game show to obtian organ transplants is repulsive. I can't even imagine watching a show that makes fun of (what is for some people) a life and death situation. What are we? The ancient romans, who watched people like the gladiators die for entertainment??? Seriously! How desperate can you be, that you'd actually have a show that people can die in? I mean, how does this sound, "Contestant number two... YOU WIN!!! Here's your kidney (hands contestan #2 a jar containing an old kidney) Contestants numbers one and three... YOU DIE OF INTERNALBEEDING!!!" Now does that sound sick and wrong, or am I just weird?
No, I do not think that it shud be illegal to sell skin, kidneys, and liver because that may be all that people have to give. Yes I would sell a kidney to someone who needed it. But I would never think of charging $30,000+ for it!
Even though some people might.
>--CUT HERE!--<
 
I think a reality game show to obtain organ transplants is horrible. It will be good as providing awareness of the situation, but ohterwise it is horrible to the contestants who lose.
I don't think it should be legal to sell organs. It may pressure poor people into selling their organs. Also, it may be dangerous for the reciever.
If it was legal, I wouldn't buy or sell mt organs. For one thing, I don't need money to save someone's life. I would rather just donate it. Samething if I was on the recieving end. I would want a donated organ that I know is safe.

Click Here
 
I think that the reality game show with transplanting organs is pretty gross and humiliating. Just the idea of it is crazy; I mean, I know some shows today are weird, but this is crossing the line. The buying and selling of organs shouldn't be legal. Since some surgeries done aren't with sterile things, it could be dangerous to the ones buying and selling. Also, people shouldn't be bribed into giving their organs, they should be willing to donate. I wouldn't sell a kidney, even if I needed the money. It just doesn't seem right to me; I would, however, be willing to donate if someone was in need and the match was correct.
clickkk! =]
 
I don't think it is a great ideaabout a reality game show to obtain organ transplan. The game show might incourage more people to danate organs to earm money. I don't think it should be lagal to buy or sell organs like kidney, liver or any other organ but if someone really need an organ and someone is willing to donate an organ should be legal only if it is approved by doctors and hospitals. If it was legal i wouldn't sell my organs but if i really need an organ or someone in my family or a friend i will buy it.

New York Organ Donar Network
 
Having a game show that decides who gets to live to me is a horrible idea. You cant have a good show on the play of if someone lives or dies.

Yes i do if people want to sell them its their organs they should be aloud to. but at fair prices to people.If its their organ that they want to or need to make money off of let them. But only if its done healtly.

If i needed an organ and i couldnt get none donated to me i would by one. I would like to live and i dont want to die waiting. I wouldnt sell one beacuse i dont want on taken out of me if it doesnt need to be.
organ selling is moral
i think organ selling is morla and should not be illiegal
 
To me having a gameshow giving away body parts is just wrong. Buying and selling organs should only be sold and bought thought the medical care. If you buy it off the black market it can have a illness in it. If peoples lives depended on a new organ I think it would be worth it. I wouldn't buy or sell a kidney because of contamination issuses. I would take a kidney if i needed it. I would donate a kidney if someone related to me or close was going to die and couldn't get one in time.


Click Here
 
forgot my link...
Against Organ Selling
 
I feel that having a reality game show to obtain organ transplants is absolutely disgusting and very wrong. Its not fair and should not be allowed to happen.
I don't think it should be legal to sell kidneys, skin, or livers. I feel that way because no one should have to do that even if they have a good reason to.
Even if it were legal I would never sell a kidney. That is because I don't want to go through that kind of pain for something I shouldn't have to do.I might buy a kidney though.I would only do it if I seriously needed to though.
 
I think that having a game show to see who should recieve your dotnated organ is rediciulous. I can see if they want to draw attiton to the problem but i dont think that they need to make it into a game show.

I think that if it is extreamly necessary that it should be fine to sell and buy an organ. But i do not think that it should be legal. if someone wants to sell it, they should just donate it.

If it were legal, i dont think that i would buy or sell an organ. Maybe i am just saying this because i am a healty person, but i dont know, maybe if it was an extream life death situation i would if there was no place where i could get a donated organ.

I think that the best thing to do is to find someone with a donated organ or to donate your organs. I dont think that selling them and buying them is a good idea.

http://www.faqs.org/health/topics/33/Organ-donation.html
 
I forgot the link

Body Parts

http://www.reuters.com/article/healthNews/idUSL0111097620070806
 
I think that making a reality t.v. show about organ transplants is ridiculus and pointless. Watching a show that turns a life or death situation (in some cases) into a cruel humored joke would not be entertaining at all.
I think that if for life or death reasons someone needed a replacement organ, they should be able to legally get the operation. However, it should not be legal for cosmetic reasons or elective surgeries. If someone desperatly needs money, they should not be able to sell their organ for it. It just seems wrong and unethical.
I would not buy or sell an organ if it were legal because if it wasnt properly removed or added and the blood and organ wasnt healthy, then my life could be in danger. If my life was on the line however, i would accept a healthy organ and get the surgery done at a professional hospital or practice.

Against Organ Harvesting
 
"I feel that the Donor TV show is a very unmoral and horrible excuse for entertainment. Besides the fact that one lucky person receives a healthy organ transplant, competing to survive is going overboard for reality TV. The health and lives of these competitors are displayed in such a low respect. The only real upside to this show is that it may raise awareness to the need for healthy organs, like livers." I strongly felt this until i read this article.Now I understand the thinking behind the idea of the show. Its says that the show was made to bring publicity to the growing problem of the need for organs. It also said that the donor was just an actress and the competitors all got their organs.
BBC News

I think it should be legal to buy and sell organs because they are in such high demand. They should only be sold if they are healthy and tested, instead of black market sales. If it were legal and i was in need of an organ I would without a doubt buy them.
 
Good morning
:)
 
I think the idea is nasty. Some things are funny, but a game show dealing with peoples lives? nahh that doesnt sound like a good idea. I mean yea, awareness should be raised for problems like this. but not via game show.

Buying and selling organs should be legal. You gotta do what you gotta do to make money. And people who need kidneys and livers and such shouldnt have to live without them if they can afford to get new ones.

I would buy another organ if i needed to. If it works, then go with it. I've already had blood transfusions, which is pretty much the same thing. I personally see no problem with organ transplants.

http://www.organtransplants.org/
http://www.organtransplants.org/
The official organ transplants of america website
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?