28 October 2007
Posts and Links Due Midnight 2 Nov
Posts and Links Period 1
Comments:
<< Home
Guess what? It's time for another TA post... and it's the first one! Since I'm such a bored person even though I have a lot of calc to do...
Anyways, so, animal rights yes? Well, I think of it this way. It's not like nature is sympathetic to us when we are the "minority" within it. Case in point: To Build a Fire by Jack London. Nature so pwned that guy and showed no sympathy for him.
So, how does that affect my view on animal rights? I guess I'm sensitive to animals because that's how I nurtured myself to be, but I wouldn't say they have rights technically. I think it should be rights within reason. I'm not talking about the crazy stuff they do to animals that they talk about in say Supersize Me (GROSS!); for pets and animals in the wild, they should be helped within reason of the person, even if that person has no empathy towards the animal. Opinions towards animals are very different obviously, but I prefer the uniqueness of animals on earth at the present time, which means that I support the preservation of a good amount of the forests around and the recycling of recyclables (don't know how to say it more intelligently). I think if we keep going as we are (again, not talking about the really really gross stuff) and not mind the problems, accepting that there are people out there who have different views towards animals (they are really tasty...), it would be fine. I mean, you can't expect much of us to change, although our efficiency as a species would be heightened if we changed to all grain meals. But we ARE part of the food chain...
Euthanasia really depends on how you relate to pain. Personally, I can't really stand it to see my hypothetical pet in pain, but I think if it was really really painful, I'd put it to sleep. Just a small pain wouldn't hurt that much hopefully. But I don't know, I'm hypocritical in that way cause I wouldn't euthanize it myself so... But for my pet in general, why would you buy one to abuse it? I guess there are people out there who would, but for those people, it can seem normal to them to abuse. Ofcourse, that can be an indicator of a very very embedded harmful neurosis (key word harmful) that they need to have checked out with a psychoanalyst, but besides that, I wouldn't really qualify that as a problem that should be based on animal rights, more along the lines of sadism. If it's really obvious of some type of neurosis that is harmful to the pet , since it foreshadows abuse to other people, it should be acted upon.
The animals that feed the human population should be thoroughly checked for their health as approved by the food and drug association. Those basics have to be there. But besides that, since that's obvious, the lifestyle which humans confine them in has become acceptable. You know, how chickens are closed up in these small spaces as well as calf, etc. etc. For me, I wouldn't particularly be against the lifestyles enforced unless it would make me sick. Again, it all depends on how the person was raised, not saying that a person cannot go against what they learned while they were young, but the capacity for feeling the pain of others, in this case of animals, really varies. I don't eat fast food much, and if I ever decide to eat meat, I would get mine from a local butcher who have raised their animals honestly. The consumption and purchase of fast food falls on the responsibility of the customer, not so much the producer. I don't dislike the occasional outing towards one. There has to be someone who kills the animals as long as society wants to eat animals.
Animals as companions are obviously great. If I could, I'd want to carry a hawk around, tee hee. But that's just me being weird...
Researching animals should be in reason. For the purpose of raising the status of the human race, I would agree on using some animals, but I don't think you need to redo every single experiment multiple times. Atleast 3 times should be fine... but I guess the scientific nowadays continues to harm lots of animals! But it's OK, as long as the animals population isn't decreasing (although it probably is).
You can use animals as material for clothing if it doesn't hurt them, or if they're already dead. But then again, I'm more of a cotton man. I guess it's fine either way.
Animals for fun entertainment without them encountering pain is OK for me, but seriously, if you enjoy hurting animals, you have a harmful neurosis.
So, I guess it all depends on your threshold of sympathizing with pain. Human society is, at this point, dependent on animals as a food source, and, as long as it continues to be so, I will eat meat. But if there really is a problem with eating meat besides the empathy of pain, there needs to be a change. A great amount of the environment definitely needs to be preserved. I would urge an empathetic stance towards fellow humans who do not view animals with the same level of relation of pain with animals, however.
PS, MY BLOG IS BETTER
Anyways, so, animal rights yes? Well, I think of it this way. It's not like nature is sympathetic to us when we are the "minority" within it. Case in point: To Build a Fire by Jack London. Nature so pwned that guy and showed no sympathy for him.
So, how does that affect my view on animal rights? I guess I'm sensitive to animals because that's how I nurtured myself to be, but I wouldn't say they have rights technically. I think it should be rights within reason. I'm not talking about the crazy stuff they do to animals that they talk about in say Supersize Me (GROSS!); for pets and animals in the wild, they should be helped within reason of the person, even if that person has no empathy towards the animal. Opinions towards animals are very different obviously, but I prefer the uniqueness of animals on earth at the present time, which means that I support the preservation of a good amount of the forests around and the recycling of recyclables (don't know how to say it more intelligently). I think if we keep going as we are (again, not talking about the really really gross stuff) and not mind the problems, accepting that there are people out there who have different views towards animals (they are really tasty...), it would be fine. I mean, you can't expect much of us to change, although our efficiency as a species would be heightened if we changed to all grain meals. But we ARE part of the food chain...
Euthanasia really depends on how you relate to pain. Personally, I can't really stand it to see my hypothetical pet in pain, but I think if it was really really painful, I'd put it to sleep. Just a small pain wouldn't hurt that much hopefully. But I don't know, I'm hypocritical in that way cause I wouldn't euthanize it myself so... But for my pet in general, why would you buy one to abuse it? I guess there are people out there who would, but for those people, it can seem normal to them to abuse. Ofcourse, that can be an indicator of a very very embedded harmful neurosis (key word harmful) that they need to have checked out with a psychoanalyst, but besides that, I wouldn't really qualify that as a problem that should be based on animal rights, more along the lines of sadism. If it's really obvious of some type of neurosis that is harmful to the pet , since it foreshadows abuse to other people, it should be acted upon.
The animals that feed the human population should be thoroughly checked for their health as approved by the food and drug association. Those basics have to be there. But besides that, since that's obvious, the lifestyle which humans confine them in has become acceptable. You know, how chickens are closed up in these small spaces as well as calf, etc. etc. For me, I wouldn't particularly be against the lifestyles enforced unless it would make me sick. Again, it all depends on how the person was raised, not saying that a person cannot go against what they learned while they were young, but the capacity for feeling the pain of others, in this case of animals, really varies. I don't eat fast food much, and if I ever decide to eat meat, I would get mine from a local butcher who have raised their animals honestly. The consumption and purchase of fast food falls on the responsibility of the customer, not so much the producer. I don't dislike the occasional outing towards one. There has to be someone who kills the animals as long as society wants to eat animals.
Animals as companions are obviously great. If I could, I'd want to carry a hawk around, tee hee. But that's just me being weird...
Researching animals should be in reason. For the purpose of raising the status of the human race, I would agree on using some animals, but I don't think you need to redo every single experiment multiple times. Atleast 3 times should be fine... but I guess the scientific nowadays continues to harm lots of animals! But it's OK, as long as the animals population isn't decreasing (although it probably is).
You can use animals as material for clothing if it doesn't hurt them, or if they're already dead. But then again, I'm more of a cotton man. I guess it's fine either way.
Animals for fun entertainment without them encountering pain is OK for me, but seriously, if you enjoy hurting animals, you have a harmful neurosis.
So, I guess it all depends on your threshold of sympathizing with pain. Human society is, at this point, dependent on animals as a food source, and, as long as it continues to be so, I will eat meat. But if there really is a problem with eating meat besides the empathy of pain, there needs to be a change. A great amount of the environment definitely needs to be preserved. I would urge an empathetic stance towards fellow humans who do not view animals with the same level of relation of pain with animals, however.
PS, MY BLOG IS BETTER
i think animals should have rights to an extent. to kill an animal for fur or clothing is wrong. for food or to maintan a good poulation is fine. this LINK talks about if killing bears to maintan a decent population is alright many people are protesting but many people are going along with it.
Animas do have rights. They are a part of nature. Around the world animals are being killed for pointless reasons, like fashion. Do we really need fur coats? Many people may not think much of it, but it is wrong. These animals deserve to have a full life, just as every human does. Overall, humans are animals too, so should we be killed for fashion and other idiotic reasons. The reasoning behind this is pointless, and animal cruelty for absurd situations should be stopped.
http://www.pet-abuse.com/pages/animal_cruelty.php
http://www.pet-abuse.com/pages/animal_cruelty.php
I feel that animals should have rights to a certain degree. Animals should have enough rights that they are treated well, because the human population will not make them equals. I think that killing animals for the use of their fur is ridiculous. There is really no reason for the use of animal fur in coats or annything anymore. I understand that in the past people needed the fur to stay warm, but now we have many manufactured products that can be used to keep you warm. If people want to have the fur as a decoration that is unacceptable. Honestly, that could classify you as a higher ranked person on society, or an animal killer, that also shows that you really don't care about anyone but yourself except for the human race. I also feel that there is no valid reason for game hunting besides it being for "fun." How would you feel if there was something that could kill the human race if it wanted to for fun? I would feel worried, most people don't take that into consideration and they should.
I feel that animals should only be used as food sources, and companions. Even though when you eat meat you are eating something that was killed for your benefit there is nothing you can do to change that right now in the world.
Click Here
This website gives examples of reasons to be for animals rights or against it.
I feel that animals should only be used as food sources, and companions. Even though when you eat meat you are eating something that was killed for your benefit there is nothing you can do to change that right now in the world.
Click Here
This website gives examples of reasons to be for animals rights or against it.
Keep in mind this is just my opinion but...
NO DUH ANIMALS HAVE RIGHTS!!!
Actually they should, but it's really not up to the animals. If we don't give the animals rights, then they won't really have any.
I suppose in our current society, completely ending all killing of animals would be impossible; seeing as many people are highly dependent on meat for food. As long as our 'hunt' for food doesn't cut the animals' populations down to dangerously low levels, I see no problem with raising them for food. Also, these animals should be raised in humane, healthy conditions. This is a bit of an exaggeration, but you can't raise a chicken in a shoe box, if you know what I mean. The animals should be allowed to lead considerably normal lives, aside from the fact that they're on a farm, before they die.
If you're killing things for fun... well that's just wrong!!! Technically humans are also animals. You wouldn't just walk up to a guy and shoot him because you were bored, so why shoot a deer or a fox or something?
It appears to me that humankind is the only population of organisms that is significantly harming the environment. Guinea pigs didn't emit tons and tons of carbon into the atmosphere. And it's not the penguins' fault that their home is melting. So if we want to help the environment like we should, WE have to do something; seahorses won't fix the world for us.
Animals should not be killed for accessorizing purposes. We have cotton and silk and stuff, so why do we need animal fur? It would be like a planaria making a fashion statement by wearing our skin. Sounds rather disturbing when you look at it that way, don't you think?
NOTE: NO OFFENSE TO BIOLOGISTS IS MEANT HERE. Actually, I think using animals for science is not the grandest idea I've ever heard. It even seems slightly morbid at times. Wouldn't most people find it just a BIT creepy if you studied brains your whole life? Do we really need to know the exact structure and function of every single organism? No other species ever needed to know this, and they seem to be getting along quite well in the world. Even if it is dead, it still seems like we're violating it in a way, just picking through the body and pulling it apart. I don't mind experiments like tracking the population or whatever, but things like dissection and testing drugs on rats seem wrong to me.
If the animal is happy in entertainment, that's alright with me. But if it was meant to be in the wild, that's where it should stay.
Pets are our friends!!! I've had pets most of my life, and I can't imagine not having them for companions. But, if you can't handle the responsibility, don't buy it. Especially so with exotic pets. We have to take care of our pets, or else they won't survive in this new environment. Consider a pet to be like your own baby. The baby can't open the food by itself; in most situations, neither can the pet (unless it likes to chew on things... that's a different story). If someone was really your friend, you wouldn't abandon them, whether they are a person or an animal.
So in general, we should respect animals and try to help and protect them.
LLLIIINNNKKK
NO DUH ANIMALS HAVE RIGHTS!!!
Actually they should, but it's really not up to the animals. If we don't give the animals rights, then they won't really have any.
I suppose in our current society, completely ending all killing of animals would be impossible; seeing as many people are highly dependent on meat for food. As long as our 'hunt' for food doesn't cut the animals' populations down to dangerously low levels, I see no problem with raising them for food. Also, these animals should be raised in humane, healthy conditions. This is a bit of an exaggeration, but you can't raise a chicken in a shoe box, if you know what I mean. The animals should be allowed to lead considerably normal lives, aside from the fact that they're on a farm, before they die.
If you're killing things for fun... well that's just wrong!!! Technically humans are also animals. You wouldn't just walk up to a guy and shoot him because you were bored, so why shoot a deer or a fox or something?
It appears to me that humankind is the only population of organisms that is significantly harming the environment. Guinea pigs didn't emit tons and tons of carbon into the atmosphere. And it's not the penguins' fault that their home is melting. So if we want to help the environment like we should, WE have to do something; seahorses won't fix the world for us.
Animals should not be killed for accessorizing purposes. We have cotton and silk and stuff, so why do we need animal fur? It would be like a planaria making a fashion statement by wearing our skin. Sounds rather disturbing when you look at it that way, don't you think?
NOTE: NO OFFENSE TO BIOLOGISTS IS MEANT HERE. Actually, I think using animals for science is not the grandest idea I've ever heard. It even seems slightly morbid at times. Wouldn't most people find it just a BIT creepy if you studied brains your whole life? Do we really need to know the exact structure and function of every single organism? No other species ever needed to know this, and they seem to be getting along quite well in the world. Even if it is dead, it still seems like we're violating it in a way, just picking through the body and pulling it apart. I don't mind experiments like tracking the population or whatever, but things like dissection and testing drugs on rats seem wrong to me.
If the animal is happy in entertainment, that's alright with me. But if it was meant to be in the wild, that's where it should stay.
Pets are our friends!!! I've had pets most of my life, and I can't imagine not having them for companions. But, if you can't handle the responsibility, don't buy it. Especially so with exotic pets. We have to take care of our pets, or else they won't survive in this new environment. Consider a pet to be like your own baby. The baby can't open the food by itself; in most situations, neither can the pet (unless it likes to chew on things... that's a different story). If someone was really your friend, you wouldn't abandon them, whether they are a person or an animal.
So in general, we should respect animals and try to help and protect them.
LLLIIINNNKKK
I beleive animals do have rights. Killing them to make coats and stuff like that is wrong. We all have to eat, so i guess its alright to kill an animal for food. Having an animal for a pet is fine.
Click Here:My Link
This link talks about an animal rights group asking the Cambodian Prime Minister to ban KFC from opening in Cambodia.
Click Here:My Link
This link talks about an animal rights group asking the Cambodian Prime Minister to ban KFC from opening in Cambodia.
article in the news:
People in Newbury were protesting animal cruelty outside the pharmaseudical company. They did not want to cause any trouble, they were just informing people about animal rights. Workers were terrified of the mob. Police were there but not needed.
Here's the article!
People in Newbury were protesting animal cruelty outside the pharmaseudical company. They did not want to cause any trouble, they were just informing people about animal rights. Workers were terrified of the mob. Police were there but not needed.
Here's the article!
Methinks Kevin Chen should stop randomly posting on our blog.. =]
I think animals do have rights, but it's sort of crossing the line when you leave your dog money in your will. But it's wrong to use fur for fashion; as for using animals in the circus, it sort of depends on the animals' behavior, and whether or not they're feeling miserable in the environment. click! This site basically talks about information on what this blog is about, like fur for fashion and vegetarianism.
I think animals do have rights, but it's sort of crossing the line when you leave your dog money in your will. But it's wrong to use fur for fashion; as for using animals in the circus, it sort of depends on the animals' behavior, and whether or not they're feeling miserable in the environment. click! This site basically talks about information on what this blog is about, like fur for fashion and vegetarianism.
I belive that animals are animals and have no rights. However i love animals and the abuse of animals sickens me and i dont know how peopl can live with themselevs after abusing an animal.
Click here...or else!!
oh and have a nice day...
it may be your last :)
Click here...or else!!
oh and have a nice day...
it may be your last :)
If you keep an animal as a pet, you have great responsibility for that animal. You must treat it as you would treat a child, sort of. You have to give it all the materials it needs to sustain life, keeping in mind that keeping the animal as a pet takes it out of its natural habitat. It cannot get its own food, so you must give it what it needs. Also, it is your responsibility to give it enough opportunity to get the exercise it needs to maintain good health.
Yes, we should be concerned with the life of animals we will later be eating. Those animals should be in a clean environment. If we will be eating that animal and it is an unclean place, it could cause health problems to those who eat it. The animals that will later be consumed by humans should be treated as best as they can.
Yes, we have an obligation to ensure the continuation of all species on the planet. (I'm going to get religious here...but...) God wouldn't create animals for no reason. Every animal on the planet serves a purpose to the world, and, therefore, should remain on the planet. We have to try to keep all the animals on the planet because we could later find that they play a big role in the environment. Also, the diversity of animals on the planet is what makes nature beautiful.
Using animals for companionship is ok so long as the owner treats the animal right. The owner needs to provide everything the animals needs for survival. Also, attention needs to be given to the animal.
Using them for food is ok if the animals are raised in a clean environment and are suitable for ingestion by humans.
I don't think using them for fashion is ok. That requires taking off their fur, which is a main factor in the survival of an organism that has fur. I think the fake fur looks real enough that animal fur is not needed.
Using them for entertainment is ok if, once again, they have a clean and adequate environment to live. They need proper care, including exercise and feeding. The need for attention is covered during animal training to perform for a crowd.
Using them for research is ok so long as animals are not hurt and, after the research is finished, their ability to live has not been hindered. I don't think any research that involves killing an animal is right, unless there are certain circumstances. If the research being done is needed to save human life or an endangered species of animal at that time or some time in the future, then I think it might be alright.
I think society draws the line much lower than I do. Society as a whole doesn't view animals as highly as I do, I think. They have more tolerance for killing animals and for owning them as pets. I, on the other hand, consider animals almost as highly as humans. They should be treated almost as equals, with some exception to reasearch and use for food.
Michael Vick Completes PETA Animal Rights Class
Michael Vick has pleaded guitly to a federal dogfighting charge previously this year. Recently, he has completed a class offered by the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, called "Developing Empathy for Animals." Vick took the course to show kids that education is the way to bettering themselves. The PETA is now trying to have Vick appear in a public service announcement
Yes, we should be concerned with the life of animals we will later be eating. Those animals should be in a clean environment. If we will be eating that animal and it is an unclean place, it could cause health problems to those who eat it. The animals that will later be consumed by humans should be treated as best as they can.
Yes, we have an obligation to ensure the continuation of all species on the planet. (I'm going to get religious here...but...) God wouldn't create animals for no reason. Every animal on the planet serves a purpose to the world, and, therefore, should remain on the planet. We have to try to keep all the animals on the planet because we could later find that they play a big role in the environment. Also, the diversity of animals on the planet is what makes nature beautiful.
Using animals for companionship is ok so long as the owner treats the animal right. The owner needs to provide everything the animals needs for survival. Also, attention needs to be given to the animal.
Using them for food is ok if the animals are raised in a clean environment and are suitable for ingestion by humans.
I don't think using them for fashion is ok. That requires taking off their fur, which is a main factor in the survival of an organism that has fur. I think the fake fur looks real enough that animal fur is not needed.
Using them for entertainment is ok if, once again, they have a clean and adequate environment to live. They need proper care, including exercise and feeding. The need for attention is covered during animal training to perform for a crowd.
Using them for research is ok so long as animals are not hurt and, after the research is finished, their ability to live has not been hindered. I don't think any research that involves killing an animal is right, unless there are certain circumstances. If the research being done is needed to save human life or an endangered species of animal at that time or some time in the future, then I think it might be alright.
I think society draws the line much lower than I do. Society as a whole doesn't view animals as highly as I do, I think. They have more tolerance for killing animals and for owning them as pets. I, on the other hand, consider animals almost as highly as humans. They should be treated almost as equals, with some exception to reasearch and use for food.
Michael Vick Completes PETA Animal Rights Class
Michael Vick has pleaded guitly to a federal dogfighting charge previously this year. Recently, he has completed a class offered by the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, called "Developing Empathy for Animals." Vick took the course to show kids that education is the way to bettering themselves. The PETA is now trying to have Vick appear in a public service announcement
I believe that animals have rights and humans are not supposed to control them. They are living oganisms and should be able to live their lives peacefully.
People need to adopt and enforce laws about humane treatment of animals. Cruelty towards another form of life is shameful and animals should not be beaten to do something like perform in a circus against their will.
Using animals for fashion is unnecessary and wrong. There are a lot of of other substitues for clothes such as fake fur, cotton, etc. Animals are not supposed to be a source of entertainment. Research on them is cruel and product testing has been killing hundreds of animals. Although there are a lot of organizations trying to stop it, it is still going on. Sports such as hunting and cockfighting should become illegal. Killing animals for pleasure is just wron and immoral. There are hundreds of other sports for people to play. Why kill an animal to put it in on display in a room? I find it very creepy. If animals cannot talk, are they supposed to suffer? They are an essential part of this earth. We have an obligation to ensure that all species are safe and continue to live on to be seen by future generations. We as humans should make sure that our oceans and seas are clean, that our air is not polluted, that thousands of innocent animals are not dying because of us.
Human Wrongs
The website explains how humans are contributing to extinction
by hunting and pollution. They have reduced the numbers of species, leaving many of them in danger of vanishing.
People need to adopt and enforce laws about humane treatment of animals. Cruelty towards another form of life is shameful and animals should not be beaten to do something like perform in a circus against their will.
Using animals for fashion is unnecessary and wrong. There are a lot of of other substitues for clothes such as fake fur, cotton, etc. Animals are not supposed to be a source of entertainment. Research on them is cruel and product testing has been killing hundreds of animals. Although there are a lot of organizations trying to stop it, it is still going on. Sports such as hunting and cockfighting should become illegal. Killing animals for pleasure is just wron and immoral. There are hundreds of other sports for people to play. Why kill an animal to put it in on display in a room? I find it very creepy. If animals cannot talk, are they supposed to suffer? They are an essential part of this earth. We have an obligation to ensure that all species are safe and continue to live on to be seen by future generations. We as humans should make sure that our oceans and seas are clean, that our air is not polluted, that thousands of innocent animals are not dying because of us.
Human Wrongs
The website explains how humans are contributing to extinction
by hunting and pollution. They have reduced the numbers of species, leaving many of them in danger of vanishing.
I feel that animals have rights, but we shud still be allowed to eat them. This may sound crude if the first thing that pops in to your head as an animal is a dog, but that's not what I mean. I think that animals should NEVER be abused EVER.
They have the smae right to live as us and they don't deserve to be hurt unless it's a life and death situation when the animal is attacking you. Us humans also have to survive, so at times we do need to kill animals to eat, such as cows. However, if there were underground cow fights going on, (to me) that would seem wrong.
I don't think animals should be used for fashon either. Sure, the fur coat may look nice but the chiwawa in your purse has got to go. I can understand if it's your pet that you take care of, but if, oh I don't know, lets make a hypothetical situation: say your father just happens to be a HUGE hotel tycoon and you never really need to do anything except waltz around and be famous because of your dad. Your carrying a bag with a small dog in it, that after you get a billion pictures snapped by the poparazzi, goes right back with Chico, your "presonal assistant" to a place where the dog will stay until it is needed to make you look good again...
Now THAT'S WRONG. I can understand using fur for coats, but they have coats that are made from purely shedded hair, which work and look just as good as coats that animals died for.
If you're wearing a mink around your neck, you'd better never talk to me, or I'd probably knock you out and put you over my shoulders and prance around. (Ace Ventura reference) Now how would that look? It would look discusting which is what i think when I see the snotty rich old ladies walk out of Sax Fith Avenue with the GINORMOUS fur coat, with the 20billion "REAL" fox tails hanging off the bottom.
I guess I could really summarize this whole fashon part with one question: "Would you wear a human coat?"
P.S. i don't think dogs and cats should wear those "doggy t-shirts" wither... but maybe that's just me.
I think that animals are a great sense of entertainment, just as I think singers and actors are. When I throw a ball for my dog, as far as I can, it's fun to see how fast she can chase it and bring it back to me. Then again, it's also fun for her becasue she gets to get all of her puppy energy out, which she has alot of.
We have as much responsibility over our pets as we do our children, I think. If my son were to break a leg, I would take him to the hospital. If my dog broke her leg, I would do the same. Don't you see? Everything has a right to have a great life. Even the animals that we use for livestock have the right to live in good conditions until the time comes that they must be sold in stores. I believe that animals such as lab rats, should be allowed to be used for reasearch, but they should be kept in good conditions and treated well.
That is where I draw the line.
We're Animal's Too
This artice is about animal rights activists> They dressed up (or I guess you could say dressed down) as animlas and stood naked with signs outside a fashon show to protest the use of fur in it. They held signs telling people not to use fur coats because animals have to die in order for people to make them.
hmm... did I write a little too much? Well, i think it was needed to show my complete point of view on the subject. Thank You.
They have the smae right to live as us and they don't deserve to be hurt unless it's a life and death situation when the animal is attacking you. Us humans also have to survive, so at times we do need to kill animals to eat, such as cows. However, if there were underground cow fights going on, (to me) that would seem wrong.
I don't think animals should be used for fashon either. Sure, the fur coat may look nice but the chiwawa in your purse has got to go. I can understand if it's your pet that you take care of, but if, oh I don't know, lets make a hypothetical situation: say your father just happens to be a HUGE hotel tycoon and you never really need to do anything except waltz around and be famous because of your dad. Your carrying a bag with a small dog in it, that after you get a billion pictures snapped by the poparazzi, goes right back with Chico, your "presonal assistant" to a place where the dog will stay until it is needed to make you look good again...
Now THAT'S WRONG. I can understand using fur for coats, but they have coats that are made from purely shedded hair, which work and look just as good as coats that animals died for.
If you're wearing a mink around your neck, you'd better never talk to me, or I'd probably knock you out and put you over my shoulders and prance around. (Ace Ventura reference) Now how would that look? It would look discusting which is what i think when I see the snotty rich old ladies walk out of Sax Fith Avenue with the GINORMOUS fur coat, with the 20billion "REAL" fox tails hanging off the bottom.
I guess I could really summarize this whole fashon part with one question: "Would you wear a human coat?"
P.S. i don't think dogs and cats should wear those "doggy t-shirts" wither... but maybe that's just me.
I think that animals are a great sense of entertainment, just as I think singers and actors are. When I throw a ball for my dog, as far as I can, it's fun to see how fast she can chase it and bring it back to me. Then again, it's also fun for her becasue she gets to get all of her puppy energy out, which she has alot of.
We have as much responsibility over our pets as we do our children, I think. If my son were to break a leg, I would take him to the hospital. If my dog broke her leg, I would do the same. Don't you see? Everything has a right to have a great life. Even the animals that we use for livestock have the right to live in good conditions until the time comes that they must be sold in stores. I believe that animals such as lab rats, should be allowed to be used for reasearch, but they should be kept in good conditions and treated well.
That is where I draw the line.
We're Animal's Too
This artice is about animal rights activists> They dressed up (or I guess you could say dressed down) as animlas and stood naked with signs outside a fashon show to protest the use of fur in it. They held signs telling people not to use fur coats because animals have to die in order for people to make them.
hmm... did I write a little too much? Well, i think it was needed to show my complete point of view on the subject. Thank You.
I think animals should have rights such as not being abused or being used for fashion. However, I think they are also needed to feed the human population. I feel if they are given a suitable living space before being used for food nothing wrong was done. For entertainment, the same thing. If an animal is being taken care of properly and doesn't mind being entertainment then no harm is done. Everyone should take responsibility in taking care of animals.
Click Here
This is about an animal rights activist turning himself in to begin a 51 month prison sentence for setting fire to a slaughter house. Today, he regrets starting the fire and wishes he thought of a better way to solve the issue, but is happy with the slaughter house closing down.
I agree with this man for fighting for animal rights, but I think what he did was wrong especially since the animals were being slaughtered for meat to feed people.
Click Here
This is about an animal rights activist turning himself in to begin a 51 month prison sentence for setting fire to a slaughter house. Today, he regrets starting the fire and wishes he thought of a better way to solve the issue, but is happy with the slaughter house closing down.
I agree with this man for fighting for animal rights, but I think what he did was wrong especially since the animals were being slaughtered for meat to feed people.
I feel that animals should have rights. I do not feel as though animals should have the same rights as humans though. I don't feel like it's right for people to use animals for entertainment or make up. I feel that that is just wrong. Animal abuse also isn't right. I do feel as though it isnt a big deal to use animals for food, but in moderation. There should be a limit. Anyone that abuses animals or is cruel to them is ignorant and probably has nothing better to do with their life.
the anonymous comment above was minee ! -malenaa
it's not working to let me send it with a name . here's my link : Click Here This website explains how popular make up companies used animal testings to further advance their products. There is a deadline January 2008 to explain the research. I think that it isn't right to be using animals for research . it isn't fair and its wrong !
it's not working to let me send it with a name . here's my link : Click Here This website explains how popular make up companies used animal testings to further advance their products. There is a deadline January 2008 to explain the research. I think that it isn't right to be using animals for research . it isn't fair and its wrong !
I think that animals should have rights. They should have both lefts and rights, without one of them they will just fall over.
On a more serious note............ my view on animals is that they are not people so they should not have rights. That does not mean that animals should be hurt for no reason or anything like that. I just don't see what rights for animals would do.
Click Here
The link talks about how Peta a well known group that overreacts to animal cruelty; how they gathered outside of a KFC in Carrboro protesting that they shouldn't do that to chickens.
On a more serious note............ my view on animals is that they are not people so they should not have rights. That does not mean that animals should be hurt for no reason or anything like that. I just don't see what rights for animals would do.
Click Here
The link talks about how Peta a well known group that overreacts to animal cruelty; how they gathered outside of a KFC in Carrboro protesting that they shouldn't do that to chickens.
i feel that animals have rights, not haveig rights like use but haveing the right to be reated fairly and stuff. i dont think animals should be abused or hurt, but like hunting them for food is ok cause were using them for food and thats just survival, but hurting them for fun and stuff, it wouldnt be fun to me, but i dont know about some people.thats wrong and they have the right to be treated with care.
click this
click this
I feel that animals dont have rights. I mean come on there animals. I do have to say that I think it is wrong for animals to be killed to make clithing. If an animal is killed for food I think it is fine because food is always needed. To be made into clothes isnt very logical I mean its like your not gonna wear it everyday. So there is like no use in having one. I cant stand when people abuse animals. How can they live with themselves if they abuse an animal?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_rights
My article says that another name for animal rights is animal liberation. It says that animals should be like property. It also states how animals should have protection and should have its own liberty. Critics say that humans have major responsibilities when it comes to this. Critics say that there isnt anything wrong with using animals as food, entertainment, or to use in research. Although they do say w dont have any right to hurt them. That is called animal welfare position and is held by the animal agencies. Therefore this article tells us that we shouldnt disrespect any animal but they are ok to use for what is necessary.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_rights
My article says that another name for animal rights is animal liberation. It says that animals should be like property. It also states how animals should have protection and should have its own liberty. Critics say that humans have major responsibilities when it comes to this. Critics say that there isnt anything wrong with using animals as food, entertainment, or to use in research. Although they do say w dont have any right to hurt them. That is called animal welfare position and is held by the animal agencies. Therefore this article tells us that we shouldnt disrespect any animal but they are ok to use for what is necessary.
Animals should have the right not to be killed for unneccessary things like fashion and entertainment. Animals for pets is ok if they are treated respectfully.I think that using animals for food is acceptable to, humans have to eat something. Using fur and other animal parts isn't right because they're dying for a want not a need. We should be careful the way we treat our aniamls because they may not be around when we need them.
PETA is a an organization that supports ethical treatment of animals. They fight animal cruelty and give suggestions as how to help the animals that live around us.
PETA is a an organization that supports ethical treatment of animals. They fight animal cruelty and give suggestions as how to help the animals that live around us.
Animal rights are deserved to all animals. NO matter how cute or how nasty they are. We do so much cruel things to them. Like use them to test our products. If the product has a harmful affect then the poor animal has to suffer with it. If they dont kill it. We use them for our own personal entertsinment. Like trap them in zoos and dog fighting and forcing them to perform as traveling circus animals. We need to start changing our ways. Before it comes back to us.
habitat loss
All animals deserve rights.The same fair treatment. What gives us the right to take their enviroments.What would we do if all of a sudden a giant group of monkeys got together and destroyed our houses to make homes for their selves.Thats what we do to them. We need to stop destroying their homes beofre tyhey have no where to go.
habitat loss
All animals deserve rights.The same fair treatment. What gives us the right to take their enviroments.What would we do if all of a sudden a giant group of monkeys got together and destroyed our houses to make homes for their selves.Thats what we do to them. We need to stop destroying their homes beofre tyhey have no where to go.
I think animal should have right.but they are animals how much can they have.I think it is alright to kill animals for food and all but killing to wear them as accessories is wrong.i noe the fur and all keeps people warm but if u cpeople can make fake fur they y kill animals just for there fur and skin. It is ok to have an animal as a pet, but not all animals are to as pets. some animals need their space. I don't know if it is ok to research on animals because u can't really research on humans.
CLICK HERE
This link gives 10 reasons for animals rights. The reasons are actually philosophes.
CLICK HERE
This link gives 10 reasons for animals rights. The reasons are actually philosophes.
i think killing animals is fine.as long as you do it in a humane way. if you hunt,like i do and you do it right its fine. but you have to know what your doing, you cant just let an idiot out in the woods o wound an animal. a deer walking around with an arrow in it doesnt solve the overpopulation problem OR help the hunter getr food. and yes, there are deer walking around with arrows inside them.for clothing? its ok if ur an eskimo, a real one not just a pretend wannabe one. if u need it to stay warm and u kill a wolf, whatever, but if your walking down mainstreet with a mink coaat on, that rediculous, there are other things just as warm. also, abusing animals is wrong, let them die peacefully or live peacefully one or the other.
i also think they should come up wiht a new way to kill livestock for food, like in this video, they are still alive when they are being prosessed. thats uncalled for, they shuld come up with some new tech may b an injection or somthing.. idk.
like this video about cows.. it a little exadrarated.. like how they are "totured" with prods, i dont belive they are "tortured" but i would just watch the video with no sound and come up with your own ideas ,because they arent completely right i dont think.
cows
cows
and pigs
piggles
and turkeys
gobblers
ducks
quaks
and chickens
cluks
p.s. i dont mind eating meat so much caus this does not effect me alot. i and my dad hunt for almost all of the meat products in my house. so we know what happened to it where its been how the meat is, what it iss when we pakage it and so forth.
i also think they should come up wiht a new way to kill livestock for food, like in this video, they are still alive when they are being prosessed. thats uncalled for, they shuld come up with some new tech may b an injection or somthing.. idk.
like this video about cows.. it a little exadrarated.. like how they are "totured" with prods, i dont belive they are "tortured" but i would just watch the video with no sound and come up with your own ideas ,because they arent completely right i dont think.
cows
cows
and pigs
piggles
and turkeys
gobblers
ducks
quaks
and chickens
cluks
p.s. i dont mind eating meat so much caus this does not effect me alot. i and my dad hunt for almost all of the meat products in my house. so we know what happened to it where its been how the meat is, what it iss when we pakage it and so forth.
Do animals have rights?
well if you ask me no they dont, we can kill them for food, clothing, whatever we want really.
I think that animals should have some rights but they are animals after all. I dont think that we should be killing them for clothes, i think that it is okay to tell them for food because we need food to live. I also dont agree with a busing animals, and well humans are animals and i dissagree with child abuse too. But how can you really live with yourself if you beat an animal. i know i wouldnt be able to live if i beat my cat or my dog. Dog fighting is a horrilbe crime and its a VERYY good thing that it is illegal
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,299166,00.html
Michael vick is guilty of dog fighting. After he was charged guilty he voluntarily took a PETA course in "respect for animals." or "Developing Empathy for Animals," recieved a cartificite for compleating this one day course. the PETA is trying to get vick to apprear in public announctments.
well if you ask me no they dont, we can kill them for food, clothing, whatever we want really.
I think that animals should have some rights but they are animals after all. I dont think that we should be killing them for clothes, i think that it is okay to tell them for food because we need food to live. I also dont agree with a busing animals, and well humans are animals and i dissagree with child abuse too. But how can you really live with yourself if you beat an animal. i know i wouldnt be able to live if i beat my cat or my dog. Dog fighting is a horrilbe crime and its a VERYY good thing that it is illegal
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,299166,00.html
Michael vick is guilty of dog fighting. After he was charged guilty he voluntarily took a PETA course in "respect for animals." or "Developing Empathy for Animals," recieved a cartificite for compleating this one day course. the PETA is trying to get vick to apprear in public announctments.
i feel that animals should have some rights. especially when it comes to killing them for stupid stuff like fashion and some forms of entertainment. do people really want to wear a dead animal on them and watch two animals mutilate one another? it's sick how twisted the world has gotten. killing animals for food is fine with me but there has to be a policy to make sure we don't just kill all of them so they become extinct. the treatment of animals is really important too. they shouldn't be treated like dirt and starved to death. they are living and breathing things too.
my link! :)
some food chains and restaurants have changed their choice in meat and eggs. these food chains are purchasing food from farms that treat their animals humanely. that means cage-free chickens and pigs. although it costs almost ten percent more these food chains are paying the price.
my link! :)
some food chains and restaurants have changed their choice in meat and eggs. these food chains are purchasing food from farms that treat their animals humanely. that means cage-free chickens and pigs. although it costs almost ten percent more these food chains are paying the price.
Using animals for companionship in my opinion is okay. I think some animals live a better life as pets then they would out in the wild. Not all pets should be household pets; some are meant to be in the wild.
I think animals can be used for food. I do not think that they should be tortured before their death but it is okay to eat animals. I do not think it is okay to use animals for fashion. When you’re killing an animal for food it is for survival, for fashion it's like murder. Just for you fashion you kill animals, I don't think that should be legal. I think animals can be used for entertainment as long as they are not abused and taken care of. I think there should be a limited on how much entertaining each animal do but I think they can do some.
I do not think that using animals for research is a good idea. Only if the animals are safe and not in harms way. I do not think they should be in harms way. heres a link that I think supports my points... Click Here
I think animals can be used for food. I do not think that they should be tortured before their death but it is okay to eat animals. I do not think it is okay to use animals for fashion. When you’re killing an animal for food it is for survival, for fashion it's like murder. Just for you fashion you kill animals, I don't think that should be legal. I think animals can be used for entertainment as long as they are not abused and taken care of. I think there should be a limited on how much entertaining each animal do but I think they can do some.
I do not think that using animals for research is a good idea. Only if the animals are safe and not in harms way. I do not think they should be in harms way. heres a link that I think supports my points... Click Here
Animal rights can equally be called incorrect as well as correct. Although most humans have it in their nature to care for animals and want to treat them as individuals, humans are the superior species. As Kevin Chen said above, if other animals were dominate to us, would they show the same emotinal connection as we do to them? I cannot be positive but I don't believe that they would.
I think that domestication of an animal is helpful to the animal being cared for. As long as we proceed to take caution of the dangers that can occur, i think that we are giving the animal more of a chance of survival as long as the caretaker is careful and has the knowledge to care for the animal.
To go to the extent of applying human capabilities such as having money, that might be going a little to far for animal rights. Animals do not know anything about human theories, speech, government, economy, etc. Therefore, to leave a dog money in a will is nonsensical because the dog doesnt know what to do with the money.
I do think that it is wrong to make fashion from animals. We have enough fake alternatives to animal structures to stop making the actual animals into fashion. Eating animals is not exactly a nessessity but chickens eat worms, etc. and therefore, since they kill living things to survive, i think that it is ethicla to do the same thing. However, if you think its posible for you to become a vegetarian or vegan because you dont like the taste of meat or you don't believe in the killing of animals for food, then it is fine because the animals that we eat do need to stay alive as a species.
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/110307dnbushumane.1d0e43cae.html
This arcticle is about animal rights groups that inpected restaurant chains and found that some are being very friendly to the animals and showing that they care about their rights.
I think that domestication of an animal is helpful to the animal being cared for. As long as we proceed to take caution of the dangers that can occur, i think that we are giving the animal more of a chance of survival as long as the caretaker is careful and has the knowledge to care for the animal.
To go to the extent of applying human capabilities such as having money, that might be going a little to far for animal rights. Animals do not know anything about human theories, speech, government, economy, etc. Therefore, to leave a dog money in a will is nonsensical because the dog doesnt know what to do with the money.
I do think that it is wrong to make fashion from animals. We have enough fake alternatives to animal structures to stop making the actual animals into fashion. Eating animals is not exactly a nessessity but chickens eat worms, etc. and therefore, since they kill living things to survive, i think that it is ethicla to do the same thing. However, if you think its posible for you to become a vegetarian or vegan because you dont like the taste of meat or you don't believe in the killing of animals for food, then it is fine because the animals that we eat do need to stay alive as a species.
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/110307dnbushumane.1d0e43cae.html
This arcticle is about animal rights groups that inpected restaurant chains and found that some are being very friendly to the animals and showing that they care about their rights.
I think animals shouldn't get abused but really don't have rights. People shouldn't just hurt animals for the fur or for hunting. If there was an over population of a certain species in an area then you could hunt because over population could lead to other species not getting food.
Link
The opinion of Damian says that animals should have rights to be free of harm. They shouldn't be harmed in the process of food production, clothing, and medical research.
Link
The opinion of Damian says that animals should have rights to be free of harm. They shouldn't be harmed in the process of food production, clothing, and medical research.
i think animals should deffinatly have rights. i think any animal being killed for rediculous reasons like fur coats is extremely unnecissary.
Click
this article is based on many different people who are researching animal rights and takin steps toward giving rights 2 animals.
Post a Comment
Click
this article is based on many different people who are researching animal rights and takin steps toward giving rights 2 animals.
<< Home

