28 October 2007

 
Posts and Links Period 3
Comments:
I know a lot about animal right because I researched them over summer when I became a vegetarian.

We do have a responsibility for our pets. We need to keep them in good health. We need to make sure they aren’t starved or abused. A pet can be your best friend if you treat it like you would treat a friend.

We should be concerned with the quality of animals that are “fit for human consumption” because you don’t know if that animal you are eating wasn’t sick. You could have just gotten mad cow disease or food poisoning. If you watch some of the movie I linked you too you’ll see what I mean.

We do have the responsibility to ensure that all animal living today will be living 100 years from now because our grandchildren should get to enjoy the animals we enjoy. Animals are a very important part of earth without them it would be horrible.

Pets, in my opinion are okay as long as you treat them correctly. You need to make sure they are healthy. You can’t abuse them or starve them. They need to be taken care of.

I don’t think animals for food is NOT okay because we have alternate sources of protein so, why are we still killing living things for our benefit. Animals are treated cruelly when they are being killed. They could be seared alive, or had their throats cut open while they are still alive. You have to be heartless to eat meat. Chickens are treated the worst but KFC is the cruelest. KFC sears chickens feathers off when they are alive, they cut their beaks off, most chicken are traumatized by getting their beaks cut off. Meet Your MeatChew on This KFC

Animals definitely should not be used for any fashion purposes. When you wear fur you are wearing dead, tortured animal. Sheep how does that make you feel? Or Fur, Leather, and Skin

Animals shouldn’t be used for entertainment because most of the time they are abused. At the circus the elephants are worked until the point of death. They and poked and prodded with a pole that with electrocute them all so we can look at them and be like “that is cool”. The Circus Hunting is unjust and totally wrong! How would you like it if a bear came up to you and killed you? http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/Prefs.asp?video=seal07

Testing on animals is just wrong. They force animals to smoke and we already know it is bad. Animals feel pain and they suffer in labs. Watch this video you’ll see: Testing 123

Dissection is wrong. We have alternate way of finding out what is inside of a frog. Let’s use them instead of killing a living creature. Classroom Cutups

News
My article says how animals are mistreated. It talks about slaughter houses and hunting. It says how we should treat animals better. It talks about religions and animal cruelty. This is a very good article that supports my views= )
 
there is an link that i forgot to html sorry = ) Seal Slaughter
 
mike lang

where do i stand on the issue of animal rights ? i think animal cruelty is horrible but i think that it is ok to use them for companionship, food, for research, bt not for entertainment and fashion. link this artice tells about how hunters ad anglers have to much influence and power on voters that will vote for a new wildlife bill. so the animal rights activists want the power to be balanced out
 
hey
 
Sara wrote alot!! OMG!!
 
I think that they should be treated fairly and should live in a place that's clean. I don't really think they have rights or should its just that we should take better care of them because after we still eat them and you wouldn't want to think "O man i just ate this chicken that's been tortured and put in a small cage with 5 others. There could be diseases and other things that can be harmful to human consumption. That is what bothers me.

I think we have a huge responsibility towards care of our animals because we're animals and in some way shape or form we're related. It's not like killing your sibling or something but we should treat them as though they're friends, unless we have to eat them. Before then they should be treated fairly.

Animals are great for companionship . They make for good food unless they're like cats,gods, ect...
I do not believe we have an obligation to ensure the continuation of all species because i think nature will take its course and we are part of nature. Interrupting it is like interrupting ur parents, there could be a punishment, for example, global warming.
Using animals for fashion or entertainment is just dumb and shouldn't be done.

some should be used for research is it necessary for the health of human beings.

Animal concerns
this site is just a general view on all animal concerns.

dog fighting
this site is about dog fighting and that it can happen anywhere. Also not just any dog fights, these dogs are born ready and trained since they were young. It also has a Quote from an actual dog fight.
 
I think that we have a responsibility to take care of our animals. They are living things just like we are. They should have the same rights that we have. I do accept people hunting. If we do not hunt then the animal population will get too big.If someone distreats their pets the animal should be taken away from them.

Click Here
 
This article is about animal rights that i found on google news. It tells about hunters and sportsmen hunting animals and that animals should have rights just like humans.


Click Here
 
Hmmmm...animal rights...my sister has rights...hmmmm. Oooo! good song. Random...srry. It is tho. Car Song...Elastic...1995...good times! OOOO!! BETTER ONE!! Grand Theft Autumn!!! SCORE!!

Anywho....

I'm all for animal rights. I think it's only fair they get some rights.

As petwoners, we have the responsibility to look out for our pets. Like I did 5 minutes ago, chasing my dog down a hill and running him out from getting hit by a student driver that stopped 20 feet from hitting both of us!! As long as you don't treat them unfairly, like abusively, then pets are great! Great for companionship...

As for food purposes...yeah. Some are good, but only if we know for sure it's not gonna kill out the animal population in the near future. Aminals are important to us and to the enviornment.

Fashion.....NO!!! HELLO! It's called fake fur! Don't go out and kill and animal cause its the "in" thing to do! It's still wrong!!!

Entertainment....not so much. Srry to the circus people but, no. You have no idea wat those animals go through when they aren't performing! Ever when they are!! They spend their days locked up in cages and putting on shows for people! It's cruel!

Research is worse!! I mean yeah, you test drugs on them before people to see if their safe...but wat about the lab mouse?? It's not healthy! I mean come on!! Animals can feel EVERYTHING! Just cause you aren't them doesn't mean they can't feel it!!!!!

I don't think we actually draw a line in society. I think most people do as they please regarding animals. No matter the consequences.

My line...not sure of the exact state. Might be at my old house in Missouri. lol jk.

I eat meat and animal products but I won't buy anything I have knowledge of an animal being harmed to make.

SO...I leave you with Daughters playing...
 
My article is from the Connecticut Post. It's about a bill passed to set up a hotline for suspected dogfights. The The Humane Society of the United States annouced a $5,000 dollar reward to those who have info on these types of fights.

Connecticut Post
 
Hey all! ok ready for the ramble? 'Cuz SoHo's back-lets start the party!
Pets- OK, if we're going to own pets, then by all means we've got the responsibility to care for them. They RELY on us for the following (but not just these- ther's a countless number of committments we have for our pets):
Food and Water
Shelter
Mediacal Health
and, last but not least, companionship.

Quality of life of other animals- Of course we should be concerned with the quality of life of animals we eat. First of all, we shouldn't be eating them, but thats another story. Second, if we are going to eat them, they deserve the best life we can give them; they've been marked for death anyway, why hurt them more? Also, a little selfishly I type, if we're going to eat them, they should be quality meat/poultry/fish. However, as above stated and although I'm not a vegetarian or vegan, I don't believe we should be eating these animals. There's plenty of vegetarians (s and p) who live just fine without them; why do we need to kill to survive?

Continuation of species- OK, I'm going to ask you to think outside the box a little. I do believe we should help continue animal species, but, here's the catch, if we never interferred with their lives in the first place, wouldn't they be able to survive on their own? I mean, now that we're already involved, we do have to help due to the adaptations many animals have developed (and imprints) but if there was never a human race (non-anonymous poll time) how many of you think there would be more species today? How many of you less? Personally, I believe that the human race has helped speed up the extinction of many a species.

Companionship- Using animals for companionship can be argued either way: if people treat animals the correct way or better, the animal can have its life span increased and possibly live a happier life. However, since so many animals are domesticated today, we have no way of knowing how the common house cat would respond if it was to fend for itself in the outside world. In the world of the twenty-first century, a cat's natural and survival instincts may not be enough.

Animals for food- As i've already said, I am neither vegetarian nor vegan, however I do believe that the murder of animals is wrong. If you look at it from a philosophical standpoint, why do you have the right to live but this being, who has probobaly commited less harm to THIS Earth than you, does not? I'm not very religious and don't mean to offend anyone, but as a person I don't understand why God, being the ultimate being, would put innocent creatures on this Earth to be slaughtered. Not saying that there isn't God, but maybe he didn't put animals here to be slaughtered.

Fashion- How could anyone justify the use of animals for fashion? Role play here- would you think it fair if an animal was cold and decided to use your skin to keep warm and your hair to look pretty? Nuff said.

Entertainment- I'm gonna keep this one short and sweet: We have enough entertainment by humans, who aren't abused, that we don't need animals to make us laugh. That's why there's clowns. And adult swim.

Research- OK, with science as advanced as it is today, why couldn't we just pull a Bill Gates, and build a computer simulation that if we input the certain amounts of chemicals used in a product and tested it on a simulated human we could get simulated computer results, which could be potentially more accurate than our own. We live in the computer age- it's time to stop animal abuse and come to grips with the new opportunities available to us.

I'm confused by the where do WE draw the lines question. Personally, I believe that our society DOESN'T draw lines...but if you mean where we should, we passed the lines way back and our gas guzzling SUV better shift gears. I know I drew the lines way back. I never have harmed an animal (other than mosquitoes-ugh!) and the worst I ever do to a pet is yell (which happens quite often- my 10 month old black lab is mentally InSaNe!!!).
 
Union County, Southern Illinois- Horse shooting

This is an article about Chance a horse in South Illinois who was shot in the head Wednseday night. Trivial note: the horse was standing in a pen with two other horses. Authorities are mystified as to why this horse was targeted.
 
Union County, Southern Illinois- Horse shooting

This is an article about Chance a horse in South Illinois who was shot in the head Wednseday night. Trivial note: the horse was standing in a pen with two other horses. Authorities are mystified as to why this horse was targeted.
 
sorry, accidentaly posted link twice. :-)
 
I believe that we are fully responsible for the lives of our pets since we take the liberty of bringing them out of their natural environment and domesticating them. Therefore we should ensure that they are always properly cared for so they remain healthy and happy.

Without a doubt, we should be concerned with the quality of life of the animals we raise for food. First off, their quality of life could affect the condition of the food we are putting in our bodies, meaning they could be contaminated.

I believe we have somewhat of a responsibilty to maintain the existance of the species on earth. I think that normally without human influence, animal species would come and fade as a natural thing in life. However, nowadays, we are causing such dramatic changes in animal populations that we are destorying them slowly but surely. If we are going to live like we are now, putting the lives of animals at risk, we should at least take extra steps to ensure the survival of threatened animal species affected by our existance.

I believe that using animals for companionship is perfectly Ok as long as they are treated well. I think that using animals for food is not necessary but has become part of our lifestyle without a second thought. I suppose as long as we are not threatening the animal species/treating the animals we slaughter inhumanely, it is OK to use animals for food. I believe that in most cases using animals for entertainment is not alright. I believe this because there are few exceptions to the fact that most animals used for entertainment purposes are abused. I also believe that killing animals for fashion and performing research on them is revolting. Any tests unsuitable for humans are unsuitable for animals, as they are lifeforms too. I believe that as a society we haven't actually drawn a line and most of us decide on the rights of animals on a situation-to-situation basis. I draw the line at using animals for food, however i would never buy the product of an animal that was treating inhumanely.
 
Wait I'm confused we have to put our article in a third post, meaing we have to post a meaningless second comment? well if thats the case here it is... and here comes my third post
 
This is my link to my article. In this article, the issue of dogfighting is discussed. It tells of the statistics and the cruelty of the sport of dogfighting, which is on a definite rise according to experts. Also in this article, the trial of Michael Vick and his practice of dogfighting is brought into light.
 
We do have a large responsibility for our pets and all animals alike. We need to make sure raise all animals properly, whether as pets or livestock. We do have an obligation to ensure that all animals continue to live on our planet. It is partially our fault that some species are dying out, so we need to do whatever we can to reverse the damage.

Using animals for companionship is perfectly fine with me. Animals are great friends for humans to have. The animals should be raised properly and treated fairly like the rest of the family in the household.

Animals for food is just natural. (No offense to vegans or vegetarians.) Man has survived by eating animals and meat ever since stone age times. Eating animals today is fine with me, but how you raise the animals is very very important. Raising animals for food is important not only to the food industry but the health of the people who eat the animals. Animals that have been given growth hormones are treated savagely, I think, ends up as poor quality food for us. And Ninja likes his steak torture-free. ;)

Now animals for fashion is somewhere a bit cloudy. If fashion means practical clothes, (i.e.: Jackets or boots, ect.), then I think it is ok. But animals for extravagant clothes used just for show is not right. Animals should be "used" practically.

Animals used for entertainment is not right. Animals should not be used for our own enjoyment. They should be free in their environment instead of displayed for personal enjoyment.

Animals used for research is another cloudy area. Animals used for research of generic products like shampoos is wrong and cruel. But research for a new cure to diseases is a better caused and I will say it is ok.

We should draw the line where humanity becomes cloudy. Animals used for personal gain is not right. Animals for pets is perfectly fine. Animals for food or for sensible clothing is ok though Animals should be treated fairly and just; the way we treat ourselves and others. (Though sometimes the way we treat others is questionable. ;])
 
[Insert second post here]
 
I think that pet owners have the responsibility to make sure their pets live in a safe and clean environment. They must give them proper amounts of food on a daily basis, and make sure they do not starve to death. Pets should also be treated equally as if they were human. They should not be abused or mistreated.

Yes, I do think we should be concerned with the quality of life of those animals we raise to feed the human population. Animals that are consumed by us humans, such as the chicken, cows, and pork should live there life freely without anything forced upon them. Because hey, they’re living beings that have feelings.

I think that we should put in our best effort to ensure the continuation of all species on the planet. Of course, not all species can live but it should be in everyone’s best interest to at least try. This way we can have wide variety of animals on earth.

Yes, of course using animals for companionship is great! If one is lonely and bored, then yes a dog would be a nice solution to their problem. As long as the owner does not abuse the animal in any way, companionship is perfectly fine.

For food? Well, most of our proteins came from meats and poultry so animals for food use is a necessity. But, I think cutting down on the packaging of meat wouldn’t hurt anyone. People should start eating less and less meat as they can, so we can save the animals from dying.

Alright fashion! That is crazzzyy. Using an animal for fashion is nuts I tell you! Small innocent animals like cheetahs, lions, deer, and others should not be killed just because of their fur. That’s morally incorrect. If the animal dies, then yes I do think we could skin the animal’s furs. But definitely not, when it’s still living. No way Jose!

Entertainment- Well, if you think about it, having a pet of your own is a form of entertaining yourself. In that case, I would say its ok. But, forcing animals for example to act in circuses is bizarre and unfair. The same goes for zoos, animals should not be locked up in small cages where they are limited their freedoms. Animals above all should not be harmed in order to entertain someone.

Research. Well, in order to progress in science and technology experiments and research must take place. However, I do believe that the scientists should try as hard as they can to not harm the animals while testing upon them.

As long as animals live a happy life with freedom, then that’s all that matters. On the other hand, animals like humans must not be abused, or deprived their right to live freely.

The murder of Johnny
This link tells us of the murder of a chimpanzee named Johnny. All his life he was situated in a zoo. For Johnny, the zoo was more like a prison. Like many of us would attempt, Johnny tries escaping and gets shot down by the police guards. The article talks about an animal’s rights compared to a human’s rights. According to the article, each are at a different level of ranking.
 
My stand on animal rights is that basically we should treat animals fairly and all, but they do not have rights.

Animals are my friends and I love animals but they do not need rights. I think that laws such as reservations and hunting restrictions and such are appropiate. I do not encourage abuse of animals at all, but unfortunately it will happen, and there is nothing that can be done to stop it.

I am a big meat lover (as you can tell by how huge i am) and i feel that it is ok for us to keep animals in conditions for eating and consumption.

People say oh think of the animals and how they must feel in those cages, how would you feel all caged up. Really animals do not have emotion of sadness, they do not feel, all they share is the common will to survive and reproduce. Animals such as dogs can display emotions as sadness but it surpasses quickly with little effect.

My is from an amimal concerns organization. It is basically a non profit organization displaying the "needs" and "correct" treatment of animals.
 
i don't really know where i stand on this "issue" i think that animals should be treated with respect, and nobody should abuse them, but thats kind of an ethical thing for me...i don't think they have exact rights, except for the usual implied ones like no cruelty and starvation. they also have to be properly cared for when they are bread for consumption...love me some bacon.i am totally ok with eating animals for companionship is awesome, because owners love their pets and in return, their pets will love the. and oh man mr j will not like my page... its about how a man reported to PETA that a lab technician was doing cruelty on animals. He was giving cats inadequate anesthesia before he operated on their spine and stuff. NASTY... he put an S shaped hookey thingy on their spine and had a machine apply pressure to see how much pressure they could hold.There were other offenses too.. this stupid guy didnt fully put out a rabit before operating wwith a needle on its HEART!!! poor bunny right?...so yahhh... i dont think testing on animals is right either...its different for humans bcause they can choose to be tested on, and it can be products fro them, notanimals( and yes i do realize humans are animals but i mean the little fuzzy ones...)i'm totally against using their fur for fahsion, its wrong to kill animalsjust because you want to look nice, but food is different. I understand that you can eat solely veggies, but you can get a lot out of meat, too. Srorry sara but i dont think carnivores are heartless, as you say. you ate meat once in your life, and you weren't heartless...so thats what i think, people need a variety of stuff to eat, and muscle to eat..
 
I think that animals shouldnt be used for fashion or anything like that because that really isnt necessary. But on the other hand i think it is ok to use undomesticated animals for food. I think animals should be treated fairly...but i dont really think they should have special "rights."




The following article is about PETAs response to the fur coat that cindy crawford wore on teh cover of a magazine.
Click Here
 
I think that if we get a pet, it is our responsibility to feed it, keep it healthy and provide a loving enviroment.

WE should be concerned about the quality of the animals that humans eat. if we as the human poulation let our food get diseases and unhealthy, we will be eating those germs and diseases. WE ahve to make sure that our food is handled humanely and properly to benifit everyone.

I believe that it is our responsibility to keep all the species of animals alive. I feel that we should let our children and grand-children see what we saw today.

I believe a relationship between a human and an animal is an unbreakable bond. Animals shouldn't be used for fashion purposes or, i am stating to think that slaughtering the animals is also wrong. I think that animals should and may be reasearched ONLY if they are researched in a humanely fashion. I draw te line if animals are slaughtered for no point. When science test drugs on animals i believe that is very wrong. HAVE THEY HEARD OF THE GOLDEN RULE!!???!?! It ticks me off when animals are tested on and then are killed.

I dont think that animals should be used for entertainment purposes. I admit that ive been to circus' where i have seen elephants and whatnot being whipped and hit, and that just makes me angry. People are too busy trying to go to mars,when they could try to end animal abuse. I mean, people could just make robtic aniimals to put in shows if people want to see them that bad.

On animal rights i believe that animals shouldn't be abused, but their animals, what could they do, vote?

My link is talking about "heros" Hayden Panettiere protesting a dolphin hunt. When Hayden and other animal activists tried to protest a japanese doplhin hunt, they were yelled and jeered at by japanese fishers. According to the aricle 14,000 dolphins are killed every year in japan. FOR FOOD. THe japanese fishers use poles to shove and push the dolphins into a small cove, and then divers are sent in to kill the dolphins

this is the longest post ive ever written. HA. it is EXACTLY 7:45 pm on November 2, 2006
Thats a good piece of information to keep in mind.
 
Hey! I strongly believe that animals have as many rights as we do. They have feelings and should be treated fairly. I do eat meat but am Highly against using animals in inhumane ways like labs or fur coats.
 
I hope u njoy that fine piece of reading
 
Well here's my second post. I think this is what you ment. Hey alexis, Grand theft autumn is a great song. Here's another one how about...hmm...Witch doctor with the chipmonks. here's the lyrics to the chorus:
Ooo eee, ooo ah ah ting tang
Walla walla, bing bang
Ooo eee, ooo ah ah ting tang
Walla walla, bing bang...
Ooo eee, ooo ah ah ting tang
Walla walla, bing bang
Ooo eee, ooo ah ah ting tang
Walla walla, bing bang

Here comes the third link
 
opps meant third post

So back to the blog The article I found was from the NY Times.
It is about How Hadyen Panettiere protests Japan's dolphin hunt. Where they hunt kill and use the dolphin and whale.
So I will leave you on a happy note peter is here :)Se you all Monday
Ooo eee, ooo ah ah ting tang
Walla walla, bing bang
Ooo eee, ooo ah ah ting tang
Walla walla, bing bang
 
I personally am extremely annoyed by PETA, i am not against giving animals rights, but i think they go way too far sometimes. Keeping an animal as a pet is most of the time just making the animals life better. This of course only applies to animals suc as dogs, cats, birds, etc. I fyou have a cheetah in your garage then i think it should be let free, or if your are mistreating your pet then, yes it should be taken away. But simply feeding your dog well, playing with it, providing shelter and protection, well this doesn't sound all too bad to me. As for hunting, i see nothing wrong. Yes, it is cruel to kill animals just for fun. Most hunters either eat the animals they kill or someone else does. Even when they don't, they are still keeping the poulation of them in check unless they are endangered which then i think they should not ebe hunting them. I feel this same way about testing products on animals. Yes if it hurts them, that can be cruel, but it's either an animal, which there are many more of, and animal which doesn't provide much for us compared to humans, and an animal that may help our people by sacrificing itself. We make progress by testing products on animals, and since it's either them, or me, sorry all you rats out there, but your getting used.And again, aniamals for entertainment is fine unles they are being beaten or starved as punishment. However animal rights activists exagerrate cirus animals and their treatment,and only show bad things about them, or don't even show any facts to back it up, like when they talk about a video which could be non existent for all i know. Using animals for fashion can annoy me sometimes if dogs are being shaved certain ways and constantly being photographed with models. Once and a while its fine, or if you would like to have a nice looking " foofy" dog like paris hilton that's fine. But using dogs as models is pushin a little too far.
 
Imagine if there was a PETA Group for abused children! Wouldn't that be amazing - some group as vocal and passionate about our children? Of course all creatures should be treated humanely - wouldn't that be nice - but humans barely take care of humans and can't seem to alleviate war...I do believe that if animals are raised for necessary human consumption and are treated humanely, well - I'm a humans first kinda person. (Although I don't eat much meat at all!)..I also think we have to protect the balance of nature and that many species serve a definite purpose in that balance..but the extreme nutcases who want to burn down people's homes or be destructive in any way are just as sick as those who would harm an animal...but how do we keep the animals from eating and being cruel to each other!!!! We can't, good old food chain, nature, etc...so maybe man was meant to hunt and eat as part of their nature..I don't know, personally I prefer pasta, I have a nice golden retriever who I could never hit and think anyone who intentionally hurts an animal is demented...on the other hand, if a pitbull was attacking my someone I liked, I'd have no problem killing it in self-defense...oops, I should probably shut up now..gonna go eat some chicken...
 
Click Here for another look at things sara =]




The article i chose completely states my opinion. It shows how first of all PETA does just as bad if not worse things to animals, and how they can't accept how nature was meant to be. They say how hunters actually use just about the whole animal, unlike peta. And how PETA can't just shut their mouths and let people do what they want. Hunters aren't goin anywhere, let them eat meat, and you can go eat your vegetables and feel bad for the chickens that "KFC is torturing".
 
Ninja's third post!

Animal Rights Protest

My article is about an animal rights group in Los Angeles. The group smashed a window and flooded the house of Edythe London. London is a scientist who tested out the affects of nicotine on monkeys in her lab.
 
I am all for animal rights. I am against animal abuse and cruelty's.

We are responsible for our pets. They depend on us to do the things they are unable to. If you treat your pet kindly and not mess it up then it'll be fun having a pet around

Killing animals for food isn't that bad in my opinion unless we drastically kill the population. But who knows us humans have done so much harm to the earth already.

We do have an obligation to ensure that all animals are still alive and not kill them all for fun. Animals are really important to the environment.

Using animals for fashion is the dumbest idea in the world. Just for accessories and to look good this is the lowest we stooped. If its using animals for fun entertainment than thats cool. To watch each other abuse one another like dog fighting then I have to say somethings wrong with us. That just adds to the list XD. To use animals for research depends on what kind of research and the harm being done to the animal.
 
Click here or else
That article talks about Heather Moore and how she feels about animals being used for poultry. She makes some really good points but meat is good XD.
 
I believe that all animals should be treated fairly. I don't however, believe that animals have actual rights. They deserve respect, as all living things naturally do...but to me, rights are earned, not handed to on a silver platter. They have done nothing to my knowledge to deserve "rights". I am completely against animal abuse and using animals for entertainment and for clothing. i also believe that animals that are being used for food should be treated fairly and be able to have a healthy living environment.

here is the News link that give info about how many restaurants around the nation are starting to get some of their animal byproducts from humane vendors. This is a step in the right direction, because it is showing that we need to give animals a healthy environment if we want them to be happy.
 
I am not fonded of everything PETA does but, it is better than letting animals suffer.I don't agree with them pouring blood on people, or ripping peopl's fur coats off of them in the street. Animals have brains, feelings and they feel; JUST LIKE US!! I'm not going to try and promote PETA becasue they are too extreme. Yea, I am a vegatarian not only for animals but for me. PETA is what mad a vegatarian not becasue of thier actions but becasue they brought realization to me that cows don't live an the cute little farms that we pictured when we were l;ittle. They live in a factory for ALL THIER LIFE!!!!!!


"However animal rights activists exagerrate cirus animals and their treatment,and only show bad things about them, or don't even show any facts to back it up, like when they talk about a video which could be non existent for all i know." (quote from mudd)


Okay, they do have facts to back up the torture of circus animals. They can only show bad things because there is NOTHING good in it. But for all you know that video DOEs exsist and poor little cute elephants are dying becasue of you not believing something.


= )
 
I believe that using animals as food is okay. I just think that they should not be tortured and harmed before they are made into food. Using animals as companions are a great idea. They are “mans best friend” and are a great addition to a family. I think using animals for entertainment is not a good idea. I do not think animals like being put under lights and “working” for hours. I am definitely against using animals for fashion. Putting animals to death for fashion is like committing murder. You’re using a dead animal as an accessory. If you kill animals for food it’s for survival. Using animals for research is not a good idea. It could harm the animal and led it to a tortured life. I do not think we should do research on animals. This website supports my opinions.
Click Here
 
I think that using animals for companionship is good, because it gives you a friend when your lonely, and you'll always have company. However, using animals for food (chickens, cows, pigs, etc.) is a way of life. But I think domestic animals should never be used for food. I dont think its right to use animals for entertainment because when they do, they beat the animals to attempt to train them. Circus animals look like the most miserable animals in the world. People shouldnt use animals for research because you can kill animals doing that or severely hurt them.

I dont think society draws the line anywhere when it comes to animal cruelty. The only organization that is trying to make a difference is the ASPCA, but there needs to be more being done. I draw the line
at wearing animal furs. If its fake, i guess thats ok but NO real furs whatsoever.

I think that if you have a pet, its your responsibility to take care of it....you wanted it, so take care of it. and i think its wrong how people can abuse their pets and live with it.

Some animals have the ability to live longer than they actually do, but their abused, and sometimes even killed by their owners, so they dont have that chance anymore
 
THE WEBSITE



my website is about U.S. restaurants that are only pursuing suppliers who vow to give farm animals a better life before they are slaughtered. Companies such as Wolf Gang Puck and Burger King are supposedly only serving meals featuring eggs from so-called cage-free hens or pork from pigs not confined to crates or small barn stalls.
 
Good morning !
:)
hj
 
oops!! I guesss I forgot my link. This is from a different newspaper cause the NY Times did not have the article there anymore.
 
You guys are really long winded when it comes to such simple subject.

Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

-Genesis 2,26


That about sums it up for me. If I have the same rights as all of these animals, how can I rule over them. Animals are on earth for consumption. If I'm not allowed to eat meat, why are animals allowed to hunt each other? Do they have MORE rights that me? Humans are the only sentient beings on the planet. If I want to eat a chicken for dinner, I'm going to eat the chicken.

Circus animals should not be mistreated as they are, but I have no problem with them being in cages. Would you shut down all the zoos?

Cruelty to animals is wrong, but they are a food source.

If dogs want to beat each other up, let them. Just don't stage it. Intentionally causing harm to an animal without a reason such as need for food or safety is wrong.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?