20 October 2007

 
Posts + Links Period 3
Comments:
chris i shall be first
 
IM FIRST !!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. ive never felt so ALIVE. ok to the blog. To find websites that i post on here, i search yahoo and try to find a "official" looking site. THe way i see it is an honest etical site is by reading the information and seeing if it is accurate in my opinion, My linked site suggests that u should check if the date is recent.
 
jon i still beat u , i actually did the blog, even tho u typed something 3 minutes be4 me
 
im 2nd!!!!!! ha jon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I find my linx by GOOGLING!!!!!!!!! Who doesn't? if u say u dont, ur lying. I really don't have a clue if itz honest or not, but i try 2 pick sites that i know of or itz wikipedia or somthing other people i know use.
the site i use now iz securityfocus.com. It suggests checking that the security system is secure enough that u won't get burned even if the site ur browsing's bugged.
Security!!!
 
TA Post. Figured I'd stir the pot a little. I don't know guys is there really a way to find a totally ethical website? even if you think its ethical others might not, its all based on conjecture. I'll leave yall with that to think about for how. Hi Mr. J ur republican buddy is leavin a post.

-Ben
 
I find the websites that I post bye using google. I honestly don't know if the site im using is giving me truthful information, but i usually check other websites to see if the info im using mostly matches the other websites. HERE is my website that gives good advice on finding the best website possible to take info from. It tells me how to check the accuracy of web documents by making sure that the creator of the site provides correct contact information to make sure that the website isn't a fake.
 
I find websites by googling. I really don't pay attention if the website is useful or not but i usually visit at least 4 websites and if they say the same info then i know its true.
http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/TeachingLib/Guides/Internet/Evaluate.html
 
This site tells you how to watch out for false information and scam sites.
 
All the sites I find are by googling what I wanna look for or by askin a friend if they know a site...most don't. Silly kiddies! I honestly don't know that my sites are acurrate so I stick to tryin to find news sites that have articles on the subject. Or even by looking for well known organizations that correspond with the topic. My site is a library site from Multnomah County. One guildline from the site I use is to look for an authors name and an update date. You know why with the date but for the author its so I can track them down if the info is wrong!! hehe.
LINK!
 
Everytime I have to find a website I google it. It's easier that way, because no matter what you type in, google will always have something that agrees with you. Websites like Wikipedia, are very suspect because you can change information easily, and people would never know. You need to have common sense about your website to decide if its information is true or not. MY WEBSITE has the criteria for evaluating websites. It states that you need to look for error-free information, information that is updated frequently, and current information. It also says you should look for a balanced presentation of the information on the website, bias-free viewpoints and images, and correct use of spelling, grammar, and sentence structure.
 
1. I find the websites that I post for evidence or support by googling. For example, to find an organization that supports my view on abortion, I would type in my view and hundreds of groups and organizations would be displayed. To tell you the truth I have no ideas as to deciding whether the websites I use are using ethical and true information. If the information is from a webpage of a university or college then, I would guess that the information is honest. International organizations like CNN most likely release honest information as well. Click Here to find the website that I found which lists a number of things that should be checked when evaluating a website. According to this website, one must check to see the last time the page was updated. They should also check to make sure the article is free from bias viewpoints and images.
 
1. First, I would use Wikipedia and if that doesn't work, I'll Google it.
2.Wikipedia is safe, although someone might put the wrong info, it wouldn't be left unchecked. What are the chances that the article your reading just happens to be the one out of a million to be wrong? As for the sites I find on Google, I would check to see citations on the bottom.
3.http://www.marisths.org/library_evaluatesites.htm
4. It says you need to check where they got their information, who made it and when they last updated it.
 
I find a website to post by searching google for what i am looking for. I look at a couple of sites and compare facts to see if they are honest. I am never 100% sure, but most of the websites turn out accurate so my method must be working. A site that can help to determine if another site is honest and ethical is here. This site gives you five criteria for evalutaing a web site to see if it is honest and ethical.
 
im not even close to first my bizzad well
the way i find wether a site is good with good and honest information is if it ends with a .org .edu or .gov you can trust these websites because these are organizations and government based websites which means that they have well based info.
 
link
 
mike lang


i find the website that i use by googling them.i dot really kno if the website is giving me the honest and ethical answer , i am puting my trust in it and if it looks ok i use it. link
 
i type in what i need at ask.com and i find out whether or not it is a good site by checking its date and by checking it with other websites and if the info is consistent then i know it is correct. safe
 
Ninja here!
Like millions of people, I use Google to find the websites that I use when I post. Google, Google, Google. I have even have a Google tool bar! It even has pop-up blocker. :]

To tell whether a website is ethical and honest, there are certain things you can check for. You can check to see if there are any references that are on the site. There also may be section that tells if the site has been updated recently. You can also check the site's information with other sites found on the internet.

I chose this site. The website suggests that you should check for footnotes or links.
 
1- I search google to find my links.
2- I look to see if it is like [dot]gov or [dot]edu. then I have a confidence that the infor mation is true.
3- Click Here
4- It says to check if it is well organized.
 
ok...uhhhhh
i google... as do most. i know i can trust a site if the other information on it is what i know to be true...or i can check other sites to see if the information is the same. you should check if the thing is updated recently, and to see if it is commonly used, like a webpage such as nytimes.org/com or what ever, or something you've heard of before.
 
here's my page.
 
I search for information on google. To make sure the information on a website is good I check the information with information from other websites to make sure it is the same. I found an Ethical Websites that says to check if the date of the site is current.
 
I find my website each week by using google or AOL search. I usually just trust the website and read through it to make sure its not saying anything rediculous. If the site that I choose is wikipedia then i only use it if it has cited sources...but if it has that read warning thing...then i dont use it.

Click Here this site suggests that you should try to avoid dead links and names of authors are a good sign of a true site.
 
Hey Mr. Johnson,
I normally find the website that I post by typing the subject into google. I then look through some of the sites that come up and see which one looks most reliable.Honestly, I am not postive that the website I am putting a link to is totally reliable and honest, but I look over some of the information to make sure it sounds right and go from there. This site gives different criteria for how to check a websites facts and origins.It suggests five check points to dtermine if a website is ethical or not.
 
welllll....I most often google my searches for information, or websites to link to your blog. There is never an absolutely fool proof way to discover whether a website is misleading you. However, usually, i follow the rule that if you find the same information on several different websties, it generally is accurate. Here
is my link to a website that lists guidelines for evaluating the authenticity and ethics of a website. This website suggests that you you look at the website objectively to determine if it is impartial and factual. It also recommends you to evualte the qualifications of the author and the entity of a website, as well as check the last date the website was updated.
 
CHRIS BODE

Lol, only a half hour left to post!

Well, as most people do, I use my friend Google to look up the sites I use.
Linky

That link is a site that has criteria for finding accurate information.

How many people just googled the site we need for this one, eh? How do you know that your criteria are accurate!?! It's a never ending cycle!
 
-Chris Cont.

Sorry, I was lloking at linda's mom's link! :-/

Heres mine!

http://www.evalutech.sreb.org/
 
Mudd here, with a fever, but I'm here...mostly I just google and try to find something that looks reputable or by a trusted author..I don't know if I can honestly say that I can completely trust the site or information,but usually if it's just agreeing with my opinion anyway, I don't always check for authenticity. I do sometimes check to see if it's some kind of extreme or bizaar or biased website - then I won't use it. Mudd signing out, passing out maybe...here's my link
Website authenticity

sorry i couldnt find
 
Good morning !
Even if it is raining
:)
 
TINK

When I look for a site I either use google or aj.com and just choose a good site. If I do second guess a site I just look at the bottom for the updated date. so I never really know if it is ethical

This website. explains some ways to know if the site is ethical like if the website has contact info it should be ethical
 
When i post a lin k for a website i google the topic that i am looking for and then pick a site. i do not know if the informattion i am using is true but i trust most sites.
Click Here
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?