25 November 2007

 
Postings, Opinions, & Links from Period One
Comments:
Ha Ha 1st to comment.
#1 the single father
#2 well he is the single parent of 3 kids so that means if he dies then they don't have either parents.he's a RECOVERING alcholic which means he had a life changing moment that makes him want to live (ie death of wife). He is 40 which is not too old. He has no other medical problems. he will be able to pay for his opperation.
#3 I didn't choose the little girl because you don't know what she will grow up into. also she is too young to be needed ( yes her parents will miss her but the scientist may cure cancer and the dad has 3 kids, the boxer my be an aids advocate.
#3 1/2 i didn't like this because there was not info and too many variable
#4yo diggie dogg
 
I feel that the little girl should receive the transplant. It seems as though everyone else was able to live their life for an extended period of time before the failure. It seems unfair that they have had a life and she may be denied of hers. Even though we may not know what she may become or if she may live at all, I think that she deserves a chance.
I think if someone had to be denied of the transplant, it would be the boxer. One reason is that he has aids. This makes it harder to operate upon him, even if he was receiving the transplant. They would have to take extreme cautions be HIV is very contagious. Not only has the boxer been able to live his life, he was able to become famous and even when he dies he will live on in history.

Click Here
 
First off i would choose the little girl. If you think about it she has a very long life ahead of her,well can if she gets the surgery, maybe she would do better than the others have. Yea maybe she might end up becoming a poor person on the street but right now she has no chance without the kidney.
I didnt choose the other three because in the old ladies case she may be on the verge of finding the cure to cancer but u never no she may die as soon as she goes to tell someone and now no one would no. The boxer will end up dying sooner due to his hiv because it will turn into aids so its not much help on his part.The single father wouldnt be needing the kidney if he was responsible enough and didnt abuse alchohol, yea he may die and lose his children but he shouldnt have had them in the beginning because of the alcohol.

the link was not working right sorry.
 
1.) I believe the little girl should get the transplant.
2.) I believe this because this little girl has her whole life ahead of her. She has only had 7 years on this planet, she deserves to have a life. It would be awful if she had to end her life short because of this.
3.) I would not give it to the other because they have already had some time to live, specially the 74 year old. They all also have a chance of dying soon anyway.
4.)http://www.nature.com/ki/journal/v69/n6/full/5000262a.html
 
I think the little girl should receive the kidney since she could have a long life ahead of her and hasn't done anything to cause her kidney failure. She deserves a chance to live and make the most out of her life. She should be thankful if she receives the kidney because she would know that 3 other people died so she shouldn't mess up her life. Instead, she should become a doctor and help other people like they helped her. I wouldn't give the kidney to the alcoholic father because he is the one who caused the failure. He was not responsible enough to realize that his children need him and just because he is recovering doesn't mean he will never do it again. The kids might still be ok because he is wealthy.
Pros and Cons
 
i would give the kidney to the sceintist. its because she is on the verge of finding the cure to cancer. that will save more poeple in the long run. since she can find the cure for cancer, she might be able to find other cures too. she will be able to educate people about fighting cancer is she lives as well. since she is famous she may be able to bring awareness to tranplants shortages. i would not give the tranplant to the boxer. its because he has HIV so he will likely pass away and that transplant will go to waste.
Click Here
 
i belive that the little girl should get the available kidney for transplant. I wouldn't give it to the scientist because she is old and she is not 100% sure if she will find cure for cancer.I didn't choose the boxer because he had aids and i didn't choose the single father because he is no use to his family since he spends most of the time drinking even though he is a recovering alcoholic. The reason i chose the little girl because if she survives that she has a whole life in front of her and when she gets little older she would realize how important this transpalt was and she would take care of her self so she doesn't need another transplant.


pros n cons
 
the link that i have posted might not work use this
http://www.nature.com/ki/journal/v69/n6/full/5000262a.html
 
I think the little girl should get the transplant. She has the longest life ahead of her if the transplant is successful. The others are all adults now; she should have a chance to live her life. I don't see a reason for her not to get the transplant actually. There's a chance that any one of them would die even if they DID get the kidney. And besides, out of all the mini bios, hers was the only one that stated that she had kidney failure- the others had like AIDS and alcohol problems and stuff, it didn't say squat about kidneys (i know the guidelines said they'd all die without the transplant but i'm just pointing this out.).
I wouldn't choose the boxer since HIV would complicate the operation, and he got his chance to be a star anyway. For all we know, the father could be dying from alcohol, so he brought about his own demise. I feel bad for the kids, but it's technically his fault that he was an alcoholic. The scientist got to live a good, long life. And anyway, someone should be able to find her notes, and carry on to find the cure. I'm sure she would be happy to have the glory for herself, but she should be proud she could do so much for society.

this is my link wh-hoo
 
I think that the little girl should get the kidney transplant. The girl is only seven years old. She doesn't have any other medical problems unlike some of the other possible recipients. All the other people, besides the scientist, have problems that would not be present if better desicions were made. She could have a long healthy life ahead of her if she got the transplant. I think that she has a better chance for a successful life. I didn't choose the scientist becasuse she is already very elderly and I'm sure that someone else can pick up on her research to find the cure for cancer.

Organ Transplants
 
I think that the little girl should receive the transplant. I feel this way because I think that she is the youngest. She has not been able to live that long as it is, and all of the other applicants are much older, and have done things to harm their body, which is the reason why they needed this transport in the first place. One of the men is an alcoholic, which means that he has abused himself and not been able to control his drinking urges. Why should someone (the little girl) suffer when she has done everything that she needed to do to keep herself healthy. Although I feel this way, I don't really think that it is fair to choose someone to live, and make others die. Everyone should have a chance to live, but if I did have to choose only one, then it would be the little girl.



 
1. i think the scientist should get the kidney
2.i chose the scientist because she is the most worthy since she is on the verge of finding the cure for cancer..she has more to offer than any of the other people
3.the alcholic didnt recieve my vote because he mistreated his original kidney y give it to him again, the athlete buceause he will die soon anyway..the girl because she might take the kidney for granted one day
4.http://www.mayoclinic.org/liver-transplant/livingdonorlivertransplant.html
 
I choose the little girl. It is an unforunate thing that has happened to her and she still has many oppurtunity ahead of her. She has her whole life to live and could grow up to be very successful. Why should we kill someone that has more time to live than anybody else. She is so little and yeah she hasnt discovered many of her life accomplishments but why not give her the chance to. Most of the other people have lived there life to the fullest. There is nothing else for them to do. They have gone through school, gone through college, found their dream job and this little girl hasnt. why not give her the chance to?

My opinion is right :-)
 
I choose the little girl. It is an unforunate thing that has happened to her and she still has many oppurtunity ahead of her. She has her whole life to live and could grow up to be very successful. Why should we kill someone that has more time to live than anybody else. She is so little and yeah she hasnt discovered many of her life accomplishments but why not give her the chance to. Most of the other people have lived there life to the fullest. There is nothing else for them to do. They have gone through school, gone through college, found their dream job and this little girl hasnt. why not give her the chance to?

My opinion is right :-)
 
That ones mine (above this)

-Ohmmmm!-
 
and my link

My opinion is right!!
 
I think that the little girl should get the kidney transplant. I think the little girl should get it because she is just a liitle kid. All three of the other people are much older then her. One could die of old age, the other could die from alcohol, and the other could die of aids. The little girl has barely got a chance to experience life. The other three people had time to experience life and some made bad decisions in doing so. The girl hasn't done anything in her life yet. She hasn't accomplished anything. To take that chance away from her I think is wrong. I wouldn't give it to the other three people because two of them made bad choices (boxer and single father). The boxer's surgery could be dangerous too. I wouldn't give it to the third person(scientist)either because she is getting older and may die soon. It could be some what of a waste to give it to her.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organ_donation
 
I think that the scientist should get the transplant. Although she is old, she might be able to cure cancer. None of the other three are doing anything important like saving people's lives. The little girl is just a little girl, who knows what will happen to her in the future. The single father could get more trouble with drinking so much, and the boxer could die any day from aids and will die from it eventually.

Click Here
 
1.)i think the 7 year old girl should get the kidney.
2.)She will live a longer life than the other three. the kidney will have moore usage in her body. also, we do not know what is ahead of her in her future. she may find the cure of cancer if the scientist doesn't.
3.) teh athlete should not get the kidney because he is hiv positive. this will end up shortening his life. also he lived a life in glory.
4.)Click Here
 
1. I think the little girl should receive the kidney transplant.

2. The little girl had sudden kidney failure. It's not like she has a disease that she will have forever. She has no other medical problems, so she will probably live a full life. If she doesn't receive the kidney, she will be denied a chance at a full life. With the exception of the boxer, who made a poor choice, all of the rest of the patients have lived a pretty full life.

3. The boxer should not receive the kidney because he has HIV. The HIV will develop into AIDS and his life would be ended early anyway.

4. Organ Donors
 
#1 I think that that little girl should recive the transplant.
#2 I think that the little girl should get it because she is young and she has no other problems. who knows she could become a famous artist oneday. Also i pick the little girl because she has a long life to live.. she is only 7 years old.. it would be horrible to have a healthy seven year old die because she had a kidney faiular.
#3 The boxer did not recive my vote because he is HIV positive. He will most likey die of AIDS. The father didnt recive my vote because he did it to himself. He may be recovering but it doesnt mean he wont do it again. And i didnt pick the doctor because she has lived her life and she will most likely die of old age and if she was a good scientist which she would have to be to almost find a cure for cancer she would have taken such good notes that anyone could pick up where she left off in her reasherch.
#4 http://www.parliament.uk/documents/upload/POSTpn231.pdf
 
I believe that the 7 year old girl should receive the kidney. I choose the little girl because she is the youngest person to receive this transplant. If she gets the transplant, she will be able to live the longest life compared to the other people. A 7 year old girl also barely started to really experience life and make significant memories, like I'm sure the other people have. Because she only had a sudden kidney failure, her family had know way of predicting this and are probably very devastated and scared her life. Also if she receives this transplant, there aren't any other medical problems with her, so she be able to regain her health fully and probably wont die from any other diseases.
I didn't choose the other people because, the scientist is very old and will probably die soon anyway(other scientist will be able to finish her cure for cancer using the rest of her work ), the boxer may live with the kidney but he may eventually die form HIV. The single parent sounds like a god choice because he has 3 kids to take care of and he is only 40 but the little girl i think was a better choice.

Pros and Cons of Transplants
 
I believe that the child shouuld recieve the organ transplant.


I think she should get it beacuse she is the youngest and has the longest life to live. She also has time to do good things for the country by realizing they saved her life. She will be able to live a normal life. Maybe she might grow up to be something world changing. She could maybe save other lives other than her own.


The single father didnt not recieve it because he was an acholic and he messed him self up. His kids have each other.
The sciencetist didnt recieve it because she only has soo many years left. She may not find the cure of cancer.
The boxer didnt get it cause he has aids. His years are already numbered.
more bad than good but its good they lived
 
I think that the little 7-year-old girl should receieve the transplant. Like most people commented, the little girl is the youngest and hasn't really lived life yet (unless she's like this amazing child prodigy, which I doubt). She was perfectly healthy until she had a sudden kidney problem, which is different with the other people. Also, personally, I think the she more people would give her the kidney, because of the cute factor and the fact that she's a young girl. The boxer has HIV/AIDS, which he may die of soon, the single father was an alcoholic (yeah, recovering, but still), and the scientist isn't even 100% sure that she has the cure for cancer. Pretty much, the likeliness of the other candidates being able to have a more fulfilling life than the small child (no offense to them) is low, in my opinion.

click?!
 
Sam Tierney
I chose the little girl to receive the kidney. I think that she has the most life to live. I also think that she has done a good job of taking care of her body and will do the same thing if she lives. She has nothing wrong with her and I think that the other candiates do. I think that the scientist should not receive the kidney because she id too old. She has lived most of her life and even though she is on the verge of curing cancer, other scientist can pick up where she left off.I think that the boxer should not receiev the kidney either because he is hiv positiv and is already sick. He could die any second from the AIDS virus. I think that the alcoholic does not deserve the kidney because hhe is probably going to become an alcohoilc again and ruin his health anyway. Our computer would not allow us to set this up as a link and the whole blog look was changed so here is the adress of my website.(same thing happened with Maggie). http://www.parliament.uk/documents/upload/POSTpn231.pdf
 
First of all...i would never want that job (i cant wait to be a cardiothoracic surgeon tho)...but if I did have that job then I believe that the little girl should get the transplant. She still has a long (or short depending on the circumstances) life to experience ahead of her. The other three candidates have had a chance to live and have a sucessful life. Although it would be tragic to lose both of ur parents (in the case of the recovering alcoholic's children) at least they have a chance to live and get over it. She could be anything when she grows up and she might even find the cure for cancer...hey, we'll never know. But whatever she does at least she had the chance to do it. There really isnt a logical answer to this situation because anything could happen to any one of the candidates. The reason why i didnt choose the scientist, which was my second choice, was because she could never find the cure to cancer. Besides, being a scientist who are usually bright people, she could find a way to transfer her knowledge to another scientist.

Pros and Cons
 
Happy First Day of December !

:)
hj
 
ah mr j! i'm so sorry this is late!!

well, i really think that the single father should get the transplant.

he's only forty. he's only gotten through half of his life. his only other health problem is that he WAS an alcoholic and he's recovering from that. the reason he needs a new liver is because of his alcoholism. so he he has three kids that would probably be tramatized if they lost him. more lives would be immediately effected by him dying than the other three recipients.

i didn't choose the...
-scientist because it would be great if she found the cure for cancer but there's a possibility that she won't so then no one would benefit from her staying alive.
-the little girl because her death won't effect anyone's life as much as the father's will.
-boxer because he has hiv which makes it most likely that he has the worst chances of surviving long anyway.

Click Here
 
1. i pick the little girl.

2. i picked her because she is the youngest and she hasnt really gotten a chance to really live her life. She also might grow old and make a huge difference in our lives. for instance , she might be a scientist and she too might be able to find the cure for cancer. she also hasnt really done anything to deserve this disorder. plus i just like kids and it would hurt to see one go.

3. The alcoholic man would not get my vote because it is his fault that he is a drinker.

4.Click Here
 
I belive the old scientist lady should get it. THe main reason i belive this is because of her being on th verge of cancers cure. that is a very importanat thing we could save millions of live. Giving the kidney to any of the others would only save their lives. Yes it would be nice if they all had kidneys but there's not enough to go around

Click Here
 
1 i pick the little girl.
2 she has a whole life ahead of her, and who says she wont find the cure to cancer? she hasnt experienced life like the other candidates have, and she might benefit everyone else. it doesnt state any other medical problems, so i assume she is healthy.
3 i didnt pick the scientist, because she isnt the only scientist in the world. and shes old. i dont really like old people. and the recovering alcoholic doesnt deserve the kidney, and even if he gets a new kidney his liver is dead. the 3 kids would go to the government and possibly another home. one without an alcoholic wiht a shot kidney.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/liver-transplant/livingdonorlivertransplant.html
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?