13 December 2007

 

Another genetic "recombinant" mouse.

Just b/c of the snow day I thought I would post another video link... for some extra credit if you want to respond...

Gee, it seems that DNA controls not only physical traits, but traits that we think of as emotional, mental, or even personality ! Can you think of any positive (or negative) uses of this type of recombinant genetic manipulations? Here is another link to recombinant.

Comments:
I think this is stupid because we are now messing with the laws of nature. Stripping fears from animals could damage the food chain and even how we live. I think we should stop before damage is done.
 
i think it is a good idea because it can closer unite animals. i think it is a bad idea because it could throw off the natural balance between predator and prey.
 
i think it is a good idea because it can closer unite animals. i think it is a bad idea because it could throw off the natural balance between predator and prey.
 
I think that this is a bad idea. I do think that animals are afraid of other animals for a reason. Maybe the reason is that the other animals want to eat them. By taking away the sense of fear, it does not allow the animals to know who is out their to get them and who is not. It does not give them the fair chance of survival that they deserve.
 
i think that taking away the predator prey thing animals have going on will confuse them. cats chase mice because they run if they didn't runthey wouldn't get eaten and cats would starve. thus BAD IDEA science should only be used in the name of medical science and thats it
 
hmmmm....odd.
 
The idea sounds a little sketchy to me. Sure, it's cute that they get along, but you're interferring with the food chain in a way.
 
I think this is kinda weird cause its just not natural. Everyone knows that mice are scared of cats, thats just how it is. I guess it could be good for the mouse, but this is just messing with the laws of nature.
 
good morning!

:)
hj
 
i feel that if animals, such as mice, are not afraid of their natura enemies, cats, the population of mice may decrease because they'll get to close to their enemies without knowing to stay away.
 
yeah, after reading some other bloggers' inputs, it really does seem to be interferring with the laws of nature, in that it may change the natural foodchain.
 
i think it is bad because mice are suppose to be scared of cats. This study should be stopped before someone does something dumb.
 
i think it is a very stupid idea because we cant really mess up the food chain. It can also effect the balance between predator and prey. we should stop before somthing really bad happens!
 
I know this is like a month after the video showed up, but anyway...
I don't like the idea much, but I guess the goodness or badness of the situation depends on what aspect of the animal is changed. Like a lot of people said, mouse + liking the cat = dead mouse. But there could be a way this could be helpful... I just haven't thought of it yet :D
But for now let's just leave the little buggers alone.


That mouse was cute wasn't it :p
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?