09 December 2007

 
Postings and Links Period 3
Comments:
what do you say to this?!?!
Im confused
 
i say you were trying to do it while i was still posting it! WOW !

i am impressed

:)
hj
 
Yes, I would take the take-home test kit. I would take this test most likely out of pure curiousity. In addition to the reward of gaining knowledge of my ancestory, i would be able to know what diseases i was at risk for, and potentially develop a lifestyle that allowed me to work around this. I would consider asking my wife to take the test, but i would not feel it would be necessary. Of course it would be nice to know the genes of the person who i might be having children with, but it would be completely up to her. Click Here The above link is a link to a site discussing the pros and cons of knowing you genome and the new technologies associated with finding your genome. This article discusses the newest program founded by Craig Vender, who aims to reduce the cost of finding your entire human genome.
 
mike lang


i would take the home genus test because i would wanna find out what kind of diseases im proned to, and to find out where my roots are. i probably wouldnt ask my wife to take one probably cause of the fact that i dont care. the link i used was http://nsaunders.wordpress.com/2007/11/02/draft-genomes-pros-and-cons/ theres was somethin wrong with the link thing .. this talks about some minor sequence that happens that i dont really understand
 
Yeah, i would definately take the at-home test kit. It would be relly good to know what disases I could be exposed to because of my family/other reasons. Sure, i wouold ask my husband to take this test, becuase if/when we decided to have children, it would be nice to know what could be carried on to the child- as well as for my husband's own health knowledge. Here is where you can find information about at home genetics and its pros and cons.
 
its molly



i dont know my user name or password...so yahh thats pretty messed up. um...yes i would definitely take the home gene test thingy because i think it would be very interesting to see if i had any diseases or anything wrong w/ me...in case i wanted to have children one day and i would want to see if there were any bad genes so to speak. I would also like to see where my family tree trails back to. I would also ask my "life partner" to take the test. If we had kids, i would not want them to get any diseases or me to get any diseases. i'm really sorry and whoever reads this...can you tell me please- HOW DO YOU MAKE A LINK CLICKABLE?!? http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn2900-race-for-the-dollar1000-genome-is-on.html
this is my link...its about the pros and cons., and the technology associated w/ finding your genome. its a pretty fresh site.
 
1.Yeah I would take it.
2. I would but it doesn't matter to me, if they don't want to take it then it's fine.
3.It's mostly about the benefits like knowing about the possible health risks. The down side is letting people know all of the bad things you have in your genome.
 
Yes i would take the home gene test because it would be nice to know what disease i am at risk of, and i could find out more about my heritage. i would ask my life partner to take the test because it would nice to know their background...and it would help if we had kids or got married. Click Here

This site has numerous pros and cons for gentic testing
 
I would take the home genetic test just to wonder and I think it would be cool to see my ancestory. Idk why I would ask my wife to take a home genetic test. It's up to her :D.
Playdoh This is a forum thing that talks bout the pros and cons
 
Yes, i would take the home genetics test to see if there were any diseases or genetic things that I would need to take care of to stay healthy. I would ask my life partner to take the home genetics test to make sure no bad diseases could be passed to our children. Genome This site talks about the advantages and disadvantages of DNA testing. They said that it is a good thing to test your children because then you can take action and try to prevent bad things from happening.
 
Maggie Tierney

I would take the home gene test because I think it would be informing in many ways. I think it would be cool to have the knowledge of the diseases we could get and to find out who some of our ancient relatives are. Overall, I think it is a win-win situation. I guess it would be cool to know about my husbands genes to see what he was a risk for and what our children could potentially be at risk for. But if he did not want to, it would not really matter to me. It is not something that I have a very strong opinion about. This site http://www.vhl.org/support/chat2000/dnatest.htm, sorry not sure how to make it so you can click it. This site talks about the pros and cons on genes testing. It specfically says that children should take this gene test to show the parents what diseases they might obtain and to change their lifestyles accordingly.
 
Yes i would take the home gene test i would trake it because it can tell me so much information like if i have a bad disease to my ancestors in africa thats pretty cool.
Yes i would ask my partner to tak the genetics test because that way i can find out wether they have any diseases we need to know about.
Click Here
this website tells u about how u can find out your ancestory and a lot of cool stuff like that
 
Yes, i would take the home gene test because i think it's amazing what science can do today. i would be very interesting to see my background. i wouldnt ask my life partner to take the test because i dont want to know anything in advance. I want my life with my life partner to be a surprise and i dont want to be in fear of any disease that my life partner could get due to their family history.
Click Here
This site is about what gene testing is. The pros and cons of it, what diseases are gene test available and is the testing regulated.
 
Ninja here!

If I had around 130$ and 5 hours of spare time to swab my mouth, then sure, I'd take the home gene test. I don't see any harm about learning about my past present and possible future. I'd ask my wife to take the test, if she would be perfectly comfortable with it. It is not necessary to take the test and it is another 130$ to blow, but it's up to her. It would be nice to learn about genes that we'd give to our kids and what diseases that they'd be prone to though.

AHA! A website no one has used yet! Website. This website is a basic overview of genomic testing. It also tells of the pros and cons of finding out your genomic sequence.

Well I think that wraps things up.

*Somewhere in an office*
Coworker: Andy, what are you doing?
Andy: *with swab in mouth* I'm taking a gene test.
Coworker: Riiiight.....
 
Hmmmm...

I guess I might consider doing the test. I mean it would be nice to know what I'm prone to getting later in life and finding my ancestors but it still seems weird. I probably would let my "life partner" choose cause it's really up to them whether or not they wanna know. It's not my area to pick.

Click Here!

This site talks about different types of gene tests and the pros and cons of it!
 
yes i would take the home gene test. i would take this because it will tell me things about me that i did not know and what kind of diseases i might be at risk for.i would ask my life partner to take the test only if they wanted to.it is only their advantage to take it and learn more about themselves.
Click Here
this link tells about the pros and cons of gene testing.
 
Yes I would take the home gene test because I think it would be very interesting to trace your roots back to maybe prehistoric times and find out who your ancestors are. Also if you take the gene test, you will be able to find out about your origins. Also, and this may be negative for some people, one will be able to see if they have any genetic disorders or are bound develop some type of disease, such as cancer. Of course, I most certainly would require my life partner to take the home genetics test. First of all, if I decide to have children with this person, then I must know what types of genes they carry. In order to make sure the child isn’t born with genetic disorders of some sort, then I must know the exact history behind my life partner’s genes. Genome!This site talks about the research that is being held and the money that has been donated to investigate in genetic testing. Craig Venter is the entrepreneur who raced government funded labs to study the human genome.
 
1. sure id take the home test thing. why not? id probably take it just to be able to say that i had my DNA tested.
2. i wouldnt ask my wife, its not against the law or anything if she didnt take it.
3.MR.J has hair!!! can i be your blog person or get a hw pass? My site shows the pros and cons of testing your DNA.
 
I would take the test i dont see whats wrong with it. I dont see why i would ask.http://www.genome.gov/
 
I would definitely take the home gene test because I think it would be cool to find out about my ancestory. I would be able to find out what disease I am at risk for, and I would potentially be able to work around that. I would consider asking my husband to take the test. But i wouldnt force him to or anything. It would be his choice, based on his feelings about it. But it would be nice to to know the genes of my partner, and possibly what type of personality our child would have...MY LINK
 
Yes I would consider taking the at home geene test kit thingy. I would because I would be abe to tell what disease i could get. I would also want to know my ansestors. I would consider asking my husband to take it to know what diseases he would be at risk for. It would also be nice to know what diseases my kids may be more apt to getting.

http://www.geneticsandhealth.com/2005/05/08/knowing-your-genomic-sequence/

This says the pros are knowing diseases gene regulation and other things alog those names. It says the cons are that scientist don't know about 50% percent of the genomes so it is only useful for scientists "to tip the iceburg".
 
I don't think i would take the home genetics test. I dont think iw ould like knowing whether i might get cancer in the fututre or auire a disease. I would rather live my life and see what happens day by day. I would like to ask my life partner to take the home genetics test but only if they were comfortable taking it. I wouldnt want to change my entire life just because i have a greater chance of getting a disease that i probably cannot prevent anyway.

Click Here

The website i chose summarizes the different genetis tests you can buy, how to sue them, and what they could tell you.
 
good morning!

:)
hj
 
OMG!!!
With shoveling yesterday i totally forgot about the blog and online hw. I am soo sorry. I will have the hw to you by tomorrow afternoon. I am babysitting now till midnight and dont have my book andreally should not be using the computer so i will send you both of them tomorrow. sorry
 
Mr J, I hope this is a legitamite excuse that i am doing this today, as my computer developed 13 viruses on Thursday, and we fixed it today.

Anyways, I would take this test because i would be curious to discover my ancenstry and what i am prone to getting. If i did come up with chances of disease, i would be sad, but this would help me to change my lifestyle choices so i will not develop a disease.

I might ask my wife to take this test but i wouldnt feel obligated to, because i trust that she is healthy. It would not be my choice to make, so i wouldnt have much of a say anyway.

My site
tells about donations and research for genetics, Craig Vender being the person who raised all the funds for the study of genomes.
 
although this test does have a lot of pros rather than cons, i would not take this test. yeah i can find out if im at risk for any diseases but living everyday knowing im at a higher risk for some disease makes it harder for me. i agree exactly with what mud says. im not that curious about my ancestors, they are a thing of the past, knowing them doesnt seem that interesting. also many said you would ask ur partner to take it so you know what your child's genes may be like. what if u find out that if you had a child with your partner, ur child might be at high risks for a serious disease or might not have the genes u prefer, would that change the relationship between u two? and if the baby would indeed have genes u disliked, would u decide to not have children or to find another partner? how do u think it would affect the birth rate? (personally i think it wouldnt affect the birth rate because not many ppl can afford these kits where the birth rates are soaring)

like picking a life partner wasnt hard enough, lets throw in genes as one of the things we need to consider!

-nucleotide
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?