27 January 2008

 
Postings and Links Period 3
Comments:
omg! my dream come true! FINALLY i am the first to post! =)


anyways...I do believe that human created life can be a good thing. I believe that pretty much anything that can potentially help us in the future is always a good thing. As long as nothing gets hurt for no reason, then im fine with it. i think its really cool that we have come so far in science that we are actually starting to produce man-made chromosomes. Thinking about all the possibilities and opportunities that can turn into benefits of this experiment most definately out-weigh the bad things.

Click Here
This link is kind of like a blog in which everybody stated their opinions on the topic. The topic starter believes that synthetic chromosomes shouldn't be made because he/she thinks that it will kill all of society. It was interesting reading everybody's viewpoints on this topic.
 
I dont think the concept of human created life is a good one, i dont think it is either moral or ethical. I think this concept is one that we shouldnt be messing with. I believe that god created everything and all people within it. for people to be trying to play god is like playing with fire at a gas station. we should leave all the creating of human life to god. god also cant be taken over by greed money and power like the developers of this concept might be seseptable to. LINK this is a link about the scientists and how what there doing is so good.
 
I think this is a bad thing to have been made. I believe that it is not moral and not ethical. Because they figured out how to make this, they r gonna want to figure out a way to do this for humans. This could bring on a whole lot of problems that we do not need to worry about. there are other things in that world that are more important than this. Why dont they use the money that they would need to investigate to feed the hungry or give houses to the poor. We dont need something man made that was made not by humans.
This website tells about the project and says some reasons why it is good.his says that because of this synthetic life will come next.
ITS WRONG!!!!
 
I definitely think that synthetic biology is one of the worst ideas anyone could have come up with. Why doesn't our community stop wasting money on things that will never help us and start spending it on useful research: like finding the cure for cancer or AIDS. I think we should leave the "organism-making" to the "pros." Why do we always have to interfere with this kind of stuff?! The only good thing that may come out of this would be for war casualties or if a couple couldn't have children, they could use this process-but why not go through adoption? Besides the person who is synthetically made, may become depressed from not being like anyone else and commit suicide. Just think, that person will never have a real mother, father, brother, sister, etc. Everyone needs a family. We also don't need another renactment of China where there is a cut off of the designated amount of children able to be produced. We definitely don't need to be killing off any other generations. What is happening to our world?! Just leave it as it is!
 
I think human created life is a BAD IDEA!!!! We're messing with things we shouldn't mess with. If they figure out how to do this with humans and it falls into the wrong hands.... could be world domination AND I FREAKING WANTED THAT!!!! Anyways people could mistreat this and could over populate the world which is Definitely not a good idea considering we are starting to lack natural resources. I don't know why we are wasting so much money on crap like this than helping our own society instead of making it worse. ARE THESE PEOPLE BLIND!!!! anyways
once again HUMANS R .....!!!!
 
Gene...you're weird. Amazing poet tho!

I think that human created life is a bad thing. I don't really thing we need to be playing around with this kind of thing. I mean it's not really something that can help us as of now. You can't do it on humans, so what do they do. "Clone" a bunch of bacteria? How is that doing us any good. People could totally abuse the right to do it.

It's Still Wrong, No Matter What The Site Says
 
oops! My bad. Last one by Pam.
 
No the concept of "human created life" is not a good thing. it is defiantly immoral and unethical
I believe that the only way a human should be made is During sexual intercourse , sperm is released into the cervix. They swim up the fallopian tubes. The egg cell moves down through the fallopian tube. The sperm meet the egg. One penetrates the egg, and the outer membrane of the egg locks out the other sperm cells. The sperm cell releases its nucleus, which combines with the egg's DNA to create a zygote. Not by synthetics its just as bad as cloning these are not real human chromosomes they are fake they are basically duper humans i don't care if i could help somebody with a problem i believe that everything happens for a reason and people should overcome their obstacles not cheat them with science.

Click Here
 
that one above me is mine John (emcee)
 
1. I dont think the concept of "human created life" is a good thing because i believe life should be created naturally by humans not manufacturally by humans...

2. I say no to man-made life forms because first of all, the life form wont even be able to do anything for itself. Also, it was said that these life forms will not contain genes that would allow it to survive hostile environments....and it will only be able to live in the lab. I think people should be created the normal way...if you know wat i mean so they can live normal live like regular people. I dont believe in "artificial life forms" at all...

Click HereThis link is pretty much saying that it is possible for this artificial life form to make use of itself....and that not only is this so-called Mycoplasma genitalium harmless to begin with, but the manufactured version will not contain the gene that allows it to adhere to human cells.
 
No i think it is a good thing because it could save people. i also think it could help us understand how to clone people. We could also build limbs for those who dont have them. It could also help by cloneing fish or other animals for food.
 
I think that human created life can be a good thing. I think that it is moral to produce something that is exactly the same as every other person on the planet. It is also ethical because it shows other possible ways that people could be made other than through reproduction. Human created life would be an even better thing if they could creat humans that are exactly like humans today. As long as babies or other animals aren't harmed in the process of this human created life, I think it is a good idea.
people against human created life
 
1. yes it is a good thing and it is moral and ethical unless its abused.
2.I think it is would be a big benefit for mankind. it could be used for medical research. We could potentially bring back endangered and possibly extinct species. It could be used for perfect cloning too. The benefits out weigh the consequences.
3.It talks about how snythtic life might affect a person faith in God. The person calls it an abomination to God and he definatly supports religion over synthetic life.
 
I believe that this concept of creating artifical life holds enormous potential. However, I believe it does not hold a place in our society. Without a doubt I believe it is morally and ethically wrong. I believe that we as humans should not have the power to create life. Now that we have this power, i think we should exercise responsibility of that power and not use it. There are so many moral and ethical issues behind this, i am unquestionably against it.

Click Here
The above is my link to a website about creating artifical life. In it, the head researcher states his opinion, that the potential for his research faroutweighs any moral or ethical issues.
 
I think the field of human created life is amazing. It is really cool and opens up a whole new field of possibilities. Who knows, maybe they can even connect this field to research on disease. In the future, we could open up a revolutionary field of experiments that could change the world. As long as noone is harmed during experimentation, then why not. What bad could come from this. Imagine a human created artificially, though this is illegal. Maybe these creations could be made to fight disease and create vaccines. All the good things that could come from this should not be passed over.
This site
talks about how human created life is a bad thing. They say that we should carefully watch over how this topic is dealt with. They do not think is should be a field in which lots of funds go to supporting. They feel it is very immoral and the outcome can be bad.
 
I don’t see anything wrong with humans creating life. I mean this is a sign of human advancement, and I think we should take advantage of it. If scientists actually find a way to create DNA for humans and insert that DNA in a body cell of some sort, then this allows us to give and create life. If one is suffering from cancer, then we might eventually be able to change their DNA and remove that cancer causing gene. I do believe that scientists should continue to further research this topic more because it can lead to great discoveries. If we can begin to produce human life without reproduction, then that opens a number of doors for women who may not be able to give birth. Also we can use this idea of creating life to prevent animals from becoming extinct. This way we can keep a well-balanced food chain.
Click
 
I think human created is just weird. It's not natural and i can see something going terribly wrong. This concept is not ethical or moral. I think scientists and researchers should take care of the problems we already have in the world before they create more. And its not like we are having a dramatic population decrease or something...so i dont think this is necessary.
href="http://www.happynews.com/news/1262008/manmade-genome-maker-looks-ahead-life.htm" target="_blank">link!
 
i don't think my link worked...so im gonna try again=]

click
 
the concept of "human created life" is a bad idea because life is something that is natural and pure. When humans start creating life it becomes like a factory making products. It will be like playing god but there is only one god. It is against god and my belief. Another bad effect from recreating human life is overpopulation could occur which is already becoming a problem on this planet.
Click Here
this site explains the good things about synthetic biology. They have goals of inventing new forms of practice.
 
I think that the whole idea of creting life forms is kind of wierd. I don't think that it is a good idea in the end. I do beleive that God should be the only ones creating things. I also think that too many things could go wrong with the created things, especially if they were to try and create things more sophistocated (that was a total guess on spelling by the way, I am too lazy to look is up) than they are working on right now. I just think it is a lose-lose situation, what good can come from it? I am not sure I see the whole reason they even tried it in the first place.
 
goodmorning
:)
hj
 
the concept of "human created life" is a good thing. i think that it is a good thing because scientists have created something that they could never do before. their can be many other good things that can come from this experiment. this experiment can also help to save people. if we can use this experiment on animals we will have more food in the future.

Click Here

this link shows all of the bad things and the consequences that can occur from synthetic biology
 
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
Ninja here. (A bit late) I sent you an email about it Mr. J.

The concept of "human created life" is exciting to me. I do think it is a good idea. But it still is unethical. I wouldn't call it "immoral." It's not that bad.

My standpoint: Yes.

I would like to see where science can take this breakthrough. Even though many people will say that it is wrong, i find it interesting. With the advancements of this subject, we could use it for ultimately infinite number of cases. There is a limit to this kind of science though. I draw the line at creating creatures with a complex anatomy that would be wrong to clone.

DMChu.com
This page discusses both sides of this topic. The side that opposes my viewpoint claims that this is an attempt for scientists to "play God."
 
I do think it is amazing that humans can actually create life, however i don't think that it is moral or ethical. In a way it is amazing and could possibly be very helpful in the future, but it can also be very wrong. It completely goes against the belief in God. I don't think scientists in the future should ever go as far as to actually create a human, but to create cells is a huge breakthrough and truly amazes me. I think as far as they have gone is enough unless it could be used to save lives, otherwise i am against it.

Click Here
 
Sorry its late =(

I think it could be a good thing. becasue it show that we are creating options for ourselves. Yeah its moral and ethical. As long as noone ar nothing is hurt in the process than itis a good thing.
 
I honestly believe that human created life is a good thing if it is applied medically. The development of tissue can help ease prosthetic limb replacement. Witht he addition of face transplant to our repitoire of medical procedures, tissue creation can greatly aid face transplant surgeons. Tissue creation can aid plastic surgeons. Although many consider it unethical, as long as the scientific community does not abuse the power of tissue creation, it can be a great asset to our society.
Yahoo! Answers Interesting Debate
 
Creation of human life through artificial means is an abomination. It is totally immoral and unethical. The video talks about it being "Scary." The scary part is that the scientists won't be able to help themselves and are going to end up creating humans. Thats not our place. We havn't even begun to understand many important parts of the body and have only a limited understanding of most. We have no clue how some changes in the DNA of an organism will affect it.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?