10 February 2008
Opinions Posts and Links Period 3
Comments:
<< Home
yes i do think that our use of plastic bags has become a problem. their are so many plastic bags used a day and they are just thrown out afterwards.they are especially used alot in the supermarkets. the plastic bags pollute the environment. when people litter plastic bags animals can get hurt. we can reuse plastic bags by bringing them back to the grocery store and re-use them.
Click Here. this site talks about how in china those thin plastic bags are banned unlike the u.s.to help the environment i will reuse plastic bags and if i dont need them i will bring them back to the store to be reused.
Click Here. this site talks about how in china those thin plastic bags are banned unlike the u.s.to help the environment i will reuse plastic bags and if i dont need them i will bring them back to the store to be reused.
It is a problem because ANIMALS are being KILLED!!!! They are litter on beaches!! They cause more problems when we could easily have a better way of handling it.
Plastic bag are effecent, they're cheap, and make it easier for people. Plastic bags are now becoming a problem tho, they ar killing animals and that is bad.
We could reuse them by washing them and things and then when you can't reuse them anymore have a special bin to make sure they are being properly disposed of.
This says everyone should bring thier own bags for grocery shopppin and things.
I will reuse plastic bags and use canvas bags to grocery shop.
VARSITY CHEERLEADER WON GRANDCHAMPIONS YESTERDAY AT COMPETITION!!
=)
Plastic bag are effecent, they're cheap, and make it easier for people. Plastic bags are now becoming a problem tho, they ar killing animals and that is bad.
We could reuse them by washing them and things and then when you can't reuse them anymore have a special bin to make sure they are being properly disposed of.
This says everyone should bring thier own bags for grocery shopppin and things.
I will reuse plastic bags and use canvas bags to grocery shop.
VARSITY CHEERLEADER WON GRANDCHAMPIONS YESTERDAY AT COMPETITION!!
=)
I think our plastic bags have become a problem because there are so many of them and they are not biodegradable so when their done its like what do you do with them now. They are also problematic because we use them to carry garbage and the trash in the bags can't rot into the earth unless something rips open the bag. We have become really dependent on plastic bags and they are used practically everywhere and they get thrown or tossed everywhere. They are efficient but they pollute the earth and hurt animals. A good way to reuse plastic bags are when they are done with to put them like in a bin or recycling thing and have them recycled or use them for something important. Plastic bags suck This site talks about the ban of plastic bags in San Fransisco and other parts of the world and why it is a problem. I would use canvas bags or a backpack or paper bags cuz they can be reused and don't create such a problem or mess.
Yes, I do think that plastic bags have become a problem.I didn't realize it, but we over use way too many. Its not good for the environment and i think we should try everything possible to preserve our planet. Plastic bags increase on the garbage and land fill, but they are also very convenient for shoppers and stores. One way i could re use plastic bags is by using them as lunch bags and recycling bags...you can also bring them back to the store and re use them there. I can use canvas bags when i go to the grocery store to help stopping the use of these bags. I will also re use them as recycling bags. My site discusses how plastic bags are becoming a nusence in Africa and how they are becoming a big problem. It discusses Africa banning them.
I dont think that the use of plastic bags has become a problem. We have grpwn ucustomed to using these bags. These bags make it easier to carry groceries and other things in them but they kill some of the animals within the habitat that they are disposed in. We could melt down the plastic bags into our own personal giant bouncy balls. Click Here this article is about the prevention of using plastic bags. i will commit myself to bringing the used plastic bags back to the store to be re-used.
YAY! ITS SNOWING! =D
Anyways...
I think plastic bags are a huge problem. I think it'll hurt our land in the long run. We, by using them, are polluting our land and making things worse for us. Plastic bags polluted the land and take years to recycle naturally. This fills up our landfills and makes it harder to find places to dump our increasing amouts of trash. I thing we can creativey them by using them as lunch boxes.
National Geographic This site talks about ways we could recycle plastic bags and ways popping up that replace the use of plastic bags. I think I can start to use alternative ways of bagging things and recycle plastic bags. I'm goning to commit myself to this.
Anyways...
I think plastic bags are a huge problem. I think it'll hurt our land in the long run. We, by using them, are polluting our land and making things worse for us. Plastic bags polluted the land and take years to recycle naturally. This fills up our landfills and makes it harder to find places to dump our increasing amouts of trash. I thing we can creativey them by using them as lunch boxes.
National Geographic This site talks about ways we could recycle plastic bags and ways popping up that replace the use of plastic bags. I think I can start to use alternative ways of bagging things and recycle plastic bags. I'm goning to commit myself to this.
No i dont think our use of plastic bags has become a problem...well at least not for me and my faimly because we save them and use them for lunches or little garbage bags for the garbages in everyone's rooms and bathrooms...
But i do think that plastic bags are becoming an issue when it comes to the animals, because people throw them on beaches an animals die and stuff from trying to eat them...but positively...plastic bags make grocery shopping a whole lot easier!!! imagine having to carry your groceries in your house one by one....!!!!
Ummm...we could re-use plastic bags by saving them and keeping them in a specific place in your house..and just wash them if they are dirty...but when you want to throw them out put them in a bin so that they can be disposed of properly.my site this site is basically saying that the best bag is a canvas tote or a reusable bag. It states the cons of plastic bags too..
Me.??? i'm going to keep doing what i've been doing and save my plastic bags and re-use them again....then dispose of them properly...
But i do think that plastic bags are becoming an issue when it comes to the animals, because people throw them on beaches an animals die and stuff from trying to eat them...but positively...plastic bags make grocery shopping a whole lot easier!!! imagine having to carry your groceries in your house one by one....!!!!
Ummm...we could re-use plastic bags by saving them and keeping them in a specific place in your house..and just wash them if they are dirty...but when you want to throw them out put them in a bin so that they can be disposed of properly.my site this site is basically saying that the best bag is a canvas tote or a reusable bag. It states the cons of plastic bags too..
Me.??? i'm going to keep doing what i've been doing and save my plastic bags and re-use them again....then dispose of them properly...
1.Yes, they are bad for the environment. They shouldn't be tossed aside, they should be reused.
2.They make carrying things more convieniet but they are littering our environment.
3.You could just melt them and then mold them and then you would get a new plastic bag.
4.It talks about how convieniet they make life for us but they state that they are bad for wild life and they are wasting our resources, wasting our energy, filling landfills and creating litter.
5.I would save plastic bags from the store and use them again and again. I would also recycle old ones.
2.They make carrying things more convieniet but they are littering our environment.
3.You could just melt them and then mold them and then you would get a new plastic bag.
4.It talks about how convieniet they make life for us but they state that they are bad for wild life and they are wasting our resources, wasting our energy, filling landfills and creating litter.
5.I would save plastic bags from the store and use them again and again. I would also recycle old ones.
Yes i do think plastic bags have become a problem in today's society. It is really bad for the environment and it needs to stop being made.
Plastic bags have impacted our life enabling us to carry groceries with ease. But it also is bad for our environment because it pollutes it.
We can reuse our plastic bag by placing them in a bin in the supermarkets so they can be used again.
Click Here
In California is thinking using a 25 cent tax on plastic bags. They got this idea from Ireland. Countries around the world are cracking down on this subject.
What i will do to help is buy a canvas bag to bring it to the store to reuse it and not use plastic bags. I will tell my parents and friends to buy these canvas bags in order to prevent using plastic bags at the supermarket.
Plastic bags have impacted our life enabling us to carry groceries with ease. But it also is bad for our environment because it pollutes it.
We can reuse our plastic bag by placing them in a bin in the supermarkets so they can be used again.
Click Here
In California is thinking using a 25 cent tax on plastic bags. They got this idea from Ireland. Countries around the world are cracking down on this subject.
What i will do to help is buy a canvas bag to bring it to the store to reuse it and not use plastic bags. I will tell my parents and friends to buy these canvas bags in order to prevent using plastic bags at the supermarket.
Ninja here!
Plastic bags. You really can't go anywhere without seeing them. They're even under the sink in my kitchen.
The use of plastic bags has become an issue. They are polluting our environment more than it needs to be and they're using up our limited resources!
You can find plastic bags anywhere. They are versatile and cheap. Their pollution does more harm than good though.
A creative way to re-use a plastic bag is lining trash cans with.
Ban the Bag
This site calls for a ban of plastic bags in L.A. county. It also discusses the issues of plastic bags and the harm they cause.
To help, I guess I'll bring plastic bags to places where they'll be recycled. I can't really do much, but I'll try to re-use them for other uses as well.
-Ninja
See you all when I get back from Florida.
Plastic bags. You really can't go anywhere without seeing them. They're even under the sink in my kitchen.
The use of plastic bags has become an issue. They are polluting our environment more than it needs to be and they're using up our limited resources!
You can find plastic bags anywhere. They are versatile and cheap. Their pollution does more harm than good though.
A creative way to re-use a plastic bag is lining trash cans with.
Ban the Bag
This site calls for a ban of plastic bags in L.A. county. It also discusses the issues of plastic bags and the harm they cause.
To help, I guess I'll bring plastic bags to places where they'll be recycled. I can't really do much, but I'll try to re-use them for other uses as well.
-Ninja
See you all when I get back from Florida.
Of course, plastic bags are a huge problem. Millions are used every week and more. If we had no plastic bags that would be one huge step to saving the earth from ourselves.
Plastic bags have a huge impact. I cannot remenber the last time my mom brought home groceries without them, they are significant for that. Plastic bags can also harm the environment because plastic is difficult to decompose and a lot of people dont recycle.
One way to use plastic bags is as your garbage bag, instead of buying extra big bags for that. You can save them and use them after each grocery trip.
This site shows that plastic bags can be very harmful to our environment and how we should stop the usage of them.
I think that i can help preserve plastic bag usage by reusing them around my house. I can also ask local supermarkets to stop plastic bag usage. Perhaps they can offer to switch to canvas that people must pay for once and then reuse for years to come.
Plastic bags have a huge impact. I cannot remenber the last time my mom brought home groceries without them, they are significant for that. Plastic bags can also harm the environment because plastic is difficult to decompose and a lot of people dont recycle.
One way to use plastic bags is as your garbage bag, instead of buying extra big bags for that. You can save them and use them after each grocery trip.
This site shows that plastic bags can be very harmful to our environment and how we should stop the usage of them.
I think that i can help preserve plastic bag usage by reusing them around my house. I can also ask local supermarkets to stop plastic bag usage. Perhaps they can offer to switch to canvas that people must pay for once and then reuse for years to come.
Yes I think plastic bags have become a problem because there are so many, and most of them end up getting used once. After that one time of use, they end in the trash, or somewhere thast harmful to the environment. Plastic bags have impacted my life by making it easier to carry stuff because there is always at least 50 million plastic bags, but at the same time, my house is invaded by plastic and the smallest things you buy are put into big bags.
Well everyone has used all of the good plastic bag recycling ideas...but maybe if its raining and you really like your shoes and you dont want them to get ruined, you can put the bags over your shoes. I know i would=]
clickkkkkkkkk!!
This site talks about how Paris and other cities and countries are starting the plastic bag ban, and how they hope that after this ban, people will be more environmentally conscious about other products as well.
I will wrap my shoes in plastic when its raining, and i will use the bags as garbage bags, which i do already, and i will use it carry stuff that i need.
Well everyone has used all of the good plastic bag recycling ideas...but maybe if its raining and you really like your shoes and you dont want them to get ruined, you can put the bags over your shoes. I know i would=]
clickkkkkkkkk!!
This site talks about how Paris and other cities and countries are starting the plastic bag ban, and how they hope that after this ban, people will be more environmentally conscious about other products as well.
I will wrap my shoes in plastic when its raining, and i will use the bags as garbage bags, which i do already, and i will use it carry stuff that i need.
yes. i do think the plastic bag this is a problem. there are so many plastic bags used, and they r just dumped in a landfill where they will sit forever. and u have the problem of animals getting hurt with the bags. like if they go in the oceans, creatures could eat them by accident and suffocate. a way to resuse the bags is to give them back to a store which takes them back, or u can use them as u would a normal, everyday bag. plastic bags have had a bad impact on our enviroment. sure they r easy to use and affordable. but they pollute the enviroment and are dangerous to young children and animals.My site basically says wat happenes to the plastic bags we use, and wat ppl do about it. im not sure, there are a lot of things i could do. but i think i will bring my bags back to the store, like hannafords. i went there yesterday and now they r selling reusable bags for 99 cents, and there is als a reuse a bog program there.
Yes I do think our use of plastic bags has become a problem because we are overusing them when it’s not necessary. For example, if you are a man and want to buy under wear for yourself lol, they usually come in a plastic bag. When you pay for them at the cash register they put the plastic bag of underwear in another plastic bag which has handles, which makes it more convenient to carry home. And you think this is a lot, just imagine how the packs of underwear got to the store. All the packs were probably all put in a box and then the box was most likely wrapped with plastic covering for “protection.” Plastic bags have negatively effected the environment, and I notice this effect almost everyday. As I go towards stop & shop I always see plastic bags on the side along with lots of litter. Now I believe these bags appear because the grocery store is right next door and the wind carries the bags over. Another negative effect plastic bags have on the environment is that they are not recyclable. You cant recycle them like plastic bottles, cans, and glass bottles. If you could then, that would be great but unfortunately we can’t at the moment. So therefore the plastic bags become trash which is definitely not needed. You could reuse the plastic bag by doing what my family does, which is that we save all our grocery bags and use them as our trash bags. Instead of buying separate like black bags, we use the ones from the grocery store. I mean hey, at least we get more use out of them.
click.This site discusses a few facts about the efforts of America and other countries banning plastic bag use. It talks about various organizations being established to prevent pollution. To prevent the overuse of plastic bags I will try stuffing as many grocery items in a plastic bag as I can, so that way I would use less. Also if I’m shopping at the mall and buy things from various stores, I will not ask for a bag from each store, but instead I will put everything in one plastic bag! Yeaahhhh : )
click.This site discusses a few facts about the efforts of America and other countries banning plastic bag use. It talks about various organizations being established to prevent pollution. To prevent the overuse of plastic bags I will try stuffing as many grocery items in a plastic bag as I can, so that way I would use less. Also if I’m shopping at the mall and buy things from various stores, I will not ask for a bag from each store, but instead I will put everything in one plastic bag! Yeaahhhh : )
yes, i do think that plastic bag usage has become an issue in this country. we use them so carelessly, double-bagging so many items that dont need to be double-bagged, and not reusing them. although plastic bags are such an easy device for carrying things, we should stop using them so much. I can't really think of a creative way to use plastic bags because it's 11:40 on friday night and im tired. so im just going to say that we could reuse them until they break, and then recycle them. my family and i have already bought canvas bags, and we're going to buy more soon for all the stores we shop at. We're on a start to making tomorrow better! =) and my link talks about how that furniture store IKEA is going to start charging 5 cents per plastic bag in all of their stores across the US, and they're also selling pretty HUGE reusable "big blue" bags for only 59 cents in all their stores.
and since i read through pretty much everybody's responses before i write my own, i would just like to say this. some people wrote that plastic bag usage is NOT a problem in this country (cough cough ML*) and then they* later go on to say that plastic bag usage kills animals. And this is not a problem!?!?!? I think it's quite clear that plastic bag usage is becoming a huge problem, and fast. and NOT just becausew of the adorable animals. But that's just my opinion. have a nice weekend johnson! =)
and since i read through pretty much everybody's responses before i write my own, i would just like to say this. some people wrote that plastic bag usage is NOT a problem in this country (cough cough ML*) and then they* later go on to say that plastic bag usage kills animals. And this is not a problem!?!?!? I think it's quite clear that plastic bag usage is becoming a huge problem, and fast. and NOT just becausew of the adorable animals. But that's just my opinion. have a nice weekend johnson! =)
Maggie Tierney
I do beleive that plastic bags have become a big problem. Millions are used and heavily impact our environment each day. They would not be that much of a problem if we reused them or used them less often. Plastic bags can kill animlas. If people leave them for animals to get to, the animals could die by eating them. Another way they hurt our environment is by taking up ots of space in landfills. We could reuse plastic bags by returning them to the store to reuse them or bring them from home to the grocery store and load our new groceries in the same bag (sorry nothing creative, a little tired). My site is http://www.planetark.com/campaignspage.cfm/newsid/52/newsDate/7/story.htm. It talkes about the ratio between people and plastic bags, as well as the harm they are doing to animals and the environment.(Sorry i don't know how to do the site thing.) I will try to use those cloth sacks when i go shopping (or ask my parents too).
I do beleive that plastic bags have become a big problem. Millions are used and heavily impact our environment each day. They would not be that much of a problem if we reused them or used them less often. Plastic bags can kill animlas. If people leave them for animals to get to, the animals could die by eating them. Another way they hurt our environment is by taking up ots of space in landfills. We could reuse plastic bags by returning them to the store to reuse them or bring them from home to the grocery store and load our new groceries in the same bag (sorry nothing creative, a little tired). My site is http://www.planetark.com/campaignspage.cfm/newsid/52/newsDate/7/story.htm. It talkes about the ratio between people and plastic bags, as well as the harm they are doing to animals and the environment.(Sorry i don't know how to do the site thing.) I will try to use those cloth sacks when i go shopping (or ask my parents too).
I think our use of plastic bags is a problem for the environment. I know my family uses a lot eveyr time we go to the supermarket as wmell as everyone else i see there. These bags pollute the environment and since there are so many used it can have a large affect.The bags are usually just thrown out, however some local supermarkets do have a recycling bin for them.A possible way to re use the plastic bags is to offer money, even a few cents, for each bag like bottles, people use so many, the few cents would add up and maybe be motivation to recycle.
Click Here
This site talks about how San Fransisco might be the first state in the U.S. to ban plastic bags. There evironment is so bad it might be a neccesity.
Click Here
This site talks about how San Fransisco might be the first state in the U.S. to ban plastic bags. There evironment is so bad it might be a neccesity.
I do think our use of plastic bags has become a problem. There are too many of them and they don't decompose well in soil. Plastic bags have had a positive influence on the environment in many ways. They have allowed materials to be transported to many places. They are also durable and can hold a variety of different materials. I think you can re-use plastic bags by recycling them and then redistributing them at stores, instead of always making new ones. htmlPlastic Bags To help this plastic bag problem, I will re-use plastic bags for many different things. I will also try to shop at stores where you are allowed to bring your own canvas bag to bring home what you buy.
Hey its Tink! Sorry this is late.
I think that plastic bags are ok but we use them for too many things. The best thing is when they give you a bag for your bag. Or when they start to double and triple your bags at the store that shows that our world uses too many bags. I bet if they started to charge alot of people would find ways around it. But why do we have to go to that extreme? people should know to do these things
without being told. Plastic bags are also hurting our environment. They are killing animals if they get into the world. Also if they fly around in the atmosphere, they can cause accidents because they get into the parts of cars and can be deadly not just to animals but humans too. I was watching Extreme Makeover Home Edition and there was an man on the show who was blind and deaf but made art. He used plastic bags in some of his artworks. Even this man who does not probably use plastic bags as much as a normal person is reusing plastic bags in a unique. heres a link to a website that is raising awareness about plastic bags and there effects and also sells reusable bags. Click Here I will reuse plastic bags and if I am not gonna reuse them i will bring them back to the store to return them so they can reuse them in some way.
WOW! that is long!
Cya tomorrow!
I think that plastic bags are ok but we use them for too many things. The best thing is when they give you a bag for your bag. Or when they start to double and triple your bags at the store that shows that our world uses too many bags. I bet if they started to charge alot of people would find ways around it. But why do we have to go to that extreme? people should know to do these things
without being told. Plastic bags are also hurting our environment. They are killing animals if they get into the world. Also if they fly around in the atmosphere, they can cause accidents because they get into the parts of cars and can be deadly not just to animals but humans too. I was watching Extreme Makeover Home Edition and there was an man on the show who was blind and deaf but made art. He used plastic bags in some of his artworks. Even this man who does not probably use plastic bags as much as a normal person is reusing plastic bags in a unique. heres a link to a website that is raising awareness about plastic bags and there effects and also sells reusable bags. Click Here I will reuse plastic bags and if I am not gonna reuse them i will bring them back to the store to return them so they can reuse them in some way.
WOW! that is long!
Cya tomorrow!
hey mr j. i realize this is late, but my comp had a virus, and i was in philly all weekend and my dad couldnt get it fixed til yesterday night.....ANYWAY...I do believe that the use of plastic bags has become a severe problem. All over the world, plastic bags pollute our environment and cause hazards to thousands of organisms. Two positive impacts plstic bags have had is allowing bags to be made cheaply and efficiently, and allowing people not to have to worry about saving them, however, this lack of concern is now becoming a problem. One way to re-use plastic bags is by bringing them back to the stores where they are gotten from. This is something i will commit myself to doing. Here is my link
to a website about China banning free plastic bags, because they believe it will conserve the massive amounts of crude oil spent on making plastic bags.
to a website about China banning free plastic bags, because they believe it will conserve the massive amounts of crude oil spent on making plastic bags.
Yes, I do think our overuse of plastic bags is a problem. Not only are we using too much, we are not recycling enough. And most of the time we don't even throw out the bags. Instead, we litter and throw them outside. Plastic bags kill animals. Birds suffocate and tortoises get arms caught and drown. We can use plastic bags again by using them as garbage bags instead of immensly long heavy duty garbage bags.
Interesting Article
This site is confusing because it gives both sides of the coin. Read for yourself. I will commit myself to using paper bags at the grocery stores.
Interesting Article
This site is confusing because it gives both sides of the coin. Read for yourself. I will commit myself to using paper bags at the grocery stores.
Our use of plastic bags is a major problem. Too often are they found blowing across the road or stuck in trees. They can actually harm the wildlife. I believe that outlawing plastic bags would be an excellent idea. Use paper bags. Trees are renewable resources. Although they are convenient, the harm outways the good.
Yes I think plastic bags have become a problem because there are so many, and most of them end up getting used once. After that one time of use, they end in the trash, or somewhere thast harmful to the environment. i use those hanaford bags all the time for acrry clothes and shoes and stuff thats how i recycle them and at the grocery store my mom trys to use as little plastic bags as possible and usaully chooses paper over plastic
Click Here
Post a Comment
Click Here
<< Home

