10 February 2008

 

Postings are due by midnight 15 February

Opinions Posts and Links Period 1
Comments:
um i've never really thought about it but i guess it is a problem maybe. i dont think it is a big problem but i guess it can tur into one. im not really that sure how plastic bags have impacted our life, just more garbage and we have nothing to do with it. and it is dangerous for animals if it is left around they can eat them or get tangled in them or stuck and die. i can reuse them or gat paper or like one of those tote bags and bring it with me to the store and use them instead. i think i can recycle plastic bags that like i can go around and find? or just do that in my own home.
OH NO, PLASTIC BAGS!!
 
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!OOOHHH NOOOOO THE PLASTIC BAGS ARE ATTACKING!!! Actualy on a more serious note plastic bags are becoming a problem. I dont think its a huge problem now but over time it will become one unless we do something. THey take 1000 years even to start decopsposing. PLus also think of all the innocent animals and kids who suffocate or choke on plastic bags. Plastic bags do impact our lives because tghey make life easy with groceries. Also we use it to stor garbage. We could reuse them by storing them and using them for various things like my family does we have a box of bags in the cuboard. I could use paper bags

hah i stole ur link
 
i don't think that our use of plastic bags is a problem. i do think that at will become a major problem in the future though.
people use plastic bags to hold groceries, garbage, wastes, clothes, and etc to make it easier to carry it all. but plastic bags take a toll on the environment because they take hundreds and thousands of years to fully biodegrate.
one creative way i found to re use plastic bags is to tie them together and make them into a jump rope.
Click Here
this site is all for the ban of plastic bags.
i will most definately re use all of the plastic bags i can as much as possible.
 
1. I think that the use of plastic bags is now a problem. Before it wasn't so bad but now, if we don't stop, we are going to run into very serious issues. They already ruining the environment, and our use of them is just making the issue worse.
2. Plastic bags are used in almost all of our everyday lives. They are used for holding groceries at stores, packaging, and holding garbage or other things. By now we are so used to using them and throwing them away and that is one of the main things that is causing the problem. These plastic bags take years to decompose, and during this process it is dangering animals with it.
3. We could reuse plastic bags for many things. Such as holding garbage and things but on a different note...aren't cheerleading pompoms made of (almost) the same plastic material as bags? A possibility would be to make pompoms out of them, instead of making more of the plastic material. Plastic bags could also be used as packaging for boxes in the mail instead of styrofoam or packing peanuts.
4.
Say No to Plastic Bags!

This site talks about how plastic bags are ruining the environment and how to stop using them and alternatives for them.

5. I already stopped using plastic bags when I go to the grocery store, and I use them for many other things. At this point I really don't have any ideas for using them more than I already do. But I am open to new ideas.
 
I dint think that its really a problem now, but in the future it may be, so we need to start changing now. Plastic bags form 20% of the litter found on beaches, and At least 100,000 animals like penguins, whales, turtles and dolphins die each year because of plastic bags.My family stores all our plastic bags under the sink and we use them when ever we need them.

Paper vs. Plastic
This site lists the reasons of why paper bags are better than plstic.
 
sry mr. j im the anonymous person
 
1. I think the use of plastic bags has become a problem for the most part. Plastic bags are being overproduced unnecessarily due to the fact that most people just don't reuse them. It is a simple problem to fix, in theory, but most people just won't take the necessary steps to do it.

2. Plastic bags take so long to break down, that the first plastic bag ever made is probably still out there somewhere. They are collecting in landfills everywhere. Also, the fuel needed to mass produce these bags is very high.

3. My family stores all our plastic bags in a cloth bag in my kitchen closet, but that's not creative. What you could do is use a plastic bag to hold all your other plastic bags, haha jk. I guess you could use them as a quick poncho if you need it. You could cut a hole in the bottom of one bag and put it over your head and put your arms through the handles. Then you could put another plastic bag on to cover your head.

4. Californians Against Waste

This site talks about the effects of plastic use, why it should be stopped, and what you can do to help.

5. I will do my best to reuse my bags. My family already keeps all the shopping bags, so that's a start. Now, I can tell my mom to bring some of those bags when she goes shopping so the bags don't go to waste.
 
I personally think that use of plastic bags is clearly a problem. Some of the articles were correct in stating that they pollute the environment and precious animals that are vital to our food chain are being killed because of the bags. What I was unaware of was that these bags are made of petroleum and that we are running out of this valuable resource. Plastic bags haven't really impacted the world in my opinion because most people take advantage of them, and were unaware what precious resource they're made of. I know I was unaware of this. People were shocked that they had to pay for them. They do somewhat impact our environment by killing off important animals that are vital to the food chain. You could re-use plastic bags by keeping a stack of them somewhere in your household that you will remember and make sure to re-use them everytime you go to the supermarket. It's also good to recycle these bags isntead of just putting them straight in the garbage. This link in my name shows people using cloth bags to replace plastic bags. People are realizing that plastic bags are not a positive contribution to our environment and are switching to reusable cloth bags. To help this situation,I will start recycling bags. For little things that I know I do not need a bag for at any kind of retail store, I will insist upon not taking one.
 
Well, plastic bags are really common today and i guess it could become a problem if it isnt already. Due to all the plastic bags, theres bound to be littering and that could cause a problem. Plastic bags kill many animals each year because animals try to eat them. Plastic bags do not begin to decompose until after a very long time. As more and more plastic bags are littered, this couldbe a very big problem. You could recycle the bags and create new ones.

Click Here
This article talks about how many cities are considering banning plastic bags. It says that plastic bags take about 1000 years to decompose and in that time it is kiling many animals and hurting the enivornment. I could stop using plastic bags and use a tote bag instead.
 
Plastic bags have become a problem today. They are produced in huge amounts and used in unneccessary situations. Some people throw them in rivers and seas which causes many animals to die. They also cause a lot of pollution everywhere. Plastic bags are used every day in grocery stores, and for garbage. I could recycle bags or reuse as many times as I can. I guess i could also use one as a raincoat. There is a drawer in my kitchen to store bags and reuse them when we want, and we will keep doing that. I am also thinking about using the reusable cloth shopping bags because they are really good and can hold a lot of things.
Link!!
 
I do believe that plastic bags have become a problem. They are all over our planet and they take too long to decay. Even though plastic bags are very useful, they have infested our oceans and lands. You could re-use a plastic bag as a shower cap. I will help to recycle plastic bags. http://www.reusablebags.com/facts.php?id=7
 
I think plastic bags have became a problem but its not that big of a deal right now but if we don't do anything about it then soon it will become a bug problem. Now a days plastic bags are used everywhere. They are like part of people lives. Fre example plastic bags are use to hold groceries at the stores, grabages, clothing and much more. My family and i always reuses bags like my mom use them for garbages, to cary stuff to places and to cary food/lunch.

Paper or Plastic
This link says that plastic and paper are bad for the enviroment. To know why click on the link and see for yourself why are they both bad. I don't what i will do becasue i reuse palstic bag now but maybe i'll try to use plastic bag less.
 
Plastic baggies have become an issue in our society. we use soooo many of them in the USA alone. And most people dont even think of the effects it can have on our environment when they just throw them out. Plastic bags are really important with most consumers because we use them for everything...groceries, clothes, takeout etc. Even when these bags begin to break down they release toxins into the environment around them. Using the bags for trash liners is one way you could re-use plastic bags. even when your shipping stuff you can use them to act as fillers so the things wont break.
Plastic Bags
This site talks about how many of the sales associates are wasting many plastic bags when they put like three items in each bag. they are being very wasteful and this increases the number of plastic baggies used by a lot. It aslo mentions how these bags ae found everywhere...in the trees, on the street. i would commit myself to reusing bags allll the time for various reasons.
 
If you think about it on a larger scale, yes this is becoming a problem. In our homes we may think it's no big deal it's just 'another bag,' and that one bag won't make a difference.
In the environment, animals are suffering from the waste in their environment. We're also using up our petroleum on something stupid like bags, when...
1- we could use other kinds of bags and
2- our current economy needs petrol more in other products like computers, etc.
Creative way to reuse bags: use them as soccer jerseys!!! trust me, i've actually seen it done- my brother walked out of sunday school in a plastic bag one day... dont ask me why:)
i'm willing to help the situation by reusing bags for things like storing other trash, carrying biology projects, and carrying other stuff. actually, we already got one of those tote bags where the store gives you like 15 cents or something if you use them. personally, i'd rather use paper bags in the first place. if i can recycle plastic bags i will.

LiNk
The site talks about all the ways that plastic bags are harming the environment.
 
I knew the use of plastic bags was a problem, but I didn't know how big of a problem it became recently. It can definitely become less of a problem if everyone just does a simple task every time they shop. Plastic bags have both negative and positive impacts on people. For one, EVERYONE uses plastic bags. Shopping in stores, groceries, everything. We pretty much depend on them. On the other hand, the more we use them, they more we take advantage of them by littering. There could be, like, a super shopping bag that people can use for everything, like books for school or shopping at the mall! Yeah, it's not toooo creative, I know. Unless people decide to decorate them =] This site basically tells of ways you can efficiently re-use your plastic bags to help the environment! To help the excessive use of plastic bags, I can tell my family about it and to start using canvas totes instead. I'll even do it myself.
 
1. I haven't really though about it, but i would have to say yes because of the amount of plastic bags being used. We use them for garbage, food, and so many other things.
2.Plastic bags have impacted our lives because it has made it easier to put food in a bag and then place the bag in the fridge or in the freezer or closet. But at the same time we are wasting so much plastic the enviroment is getting distroyed.
3.One way that we could al reuse plastice bags are if its a plactice bag from a grocery store, and you bring your grocerys home in it, then you can use that bag for so many different things and you can even reuse it again and agin. You can carry food it in or place garbage in it.
4.I chose this link because it says how Australians use 6.9 billion plastic bags each year and that they are clogging waterways. They are also sometimes mistakenly eaten by turtles, seals and birds which can kill these animals.
5. Something that i will commit myself to doing is recycling more often. I dont recycle as much as i should. i normaly just trow away pastic bags inside of plastic bags. and i'll make sure that if i ever see bags while im outside just sitting on the gground ill pick them up. who wants to kill aniamls?
 
i do believe that plastic bags have become a problem. We use so many everyday and most of us dont even bother to throw them out. we just throw them on the ground. This can become a problem for an animal. The animal would be looking for food and find nothing but a plastic bag and try to eat. they could is to end up killing them selves by suffocating on the bag. My creative way to reuse the plastic bag would be the cover things like replace a lamp shade or cover a couch or windows.
:] This website features many different things. One of the many topics it features is about san francisco banning the use of plastic bags.
I will help by remembering to reuse the plastic bag for everything that i can think of. I will commit myself to not leaving the bags everywhere.
 
I think that the use of plastic bags has become a problem.
as of right now i dont think its a huge problem but i think it will eventually. Some of the impacts are that there is a lot more garbage because of it and it can harm animals if they were to get stuck in the bags or something. I could re-use the bags by when i bring my lunch to school I could use one of them insted of a brown paper bag.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plastic_bag
that shows some of the good things they are used for.
I can try to recycle more bags around my house.
 
good morning all!
:)
hj
 
1. i think plastic bags have become a problem because like the video said they take a hundred thousand years to degrade and people don't bother to use it more than once so i think it is a problem that can be easily solved
2. they take a enourmous time to degrade and if u dont use them more than once you just keep collecting more and more plastic bags.
3. i think the idea of the recycled plastic bottle bag is a great idea you could buy a few and just keep reusing them.
4. this LINK bring up some disturbing facts about plastic bags like what goes into making them and how many animals and babies die from suffocation
5. to help the situation , ill try to use the same plastic bag more than once because there is nothing wrong in doing that its just thats its become a lazy habbit of people not to care about reusing the same plastic bags they just go shopping and know that they'll have bags their
 
Plastic bags are a problem today. People use them excessively witthout thinking of the consequences.
1) easy way to carry things
2) polluting environment and hurting animals
You could reuse bags many ways. You can use them to store things or for trash bags. If you can't find ways to use them around your house you could donate them to organizations.
Click Here
This site is for restricting plastic bag use and explains how Africa is beginning to ban them.
My family already stores all are plastic bags and reuses them in as many ways as we can...lining garbage cans, storing food in, put our recyle in them, for carrying things like lunch etc. I will start telling my parents to ask for paper bags instead of plastic.
 
Paper or Plastic?
Yes, I do think that the use of plastic bags is becoming a problem. You see them on the streets, up in trees, even in ponds, so yeah, I'd say it's a pretty serious problem. Plastic bags "help" people shove all of their trash into an easy to carry 'expandable' recepticle. They also choke and kill any helpless little animal that crawls inside of them, or trys to eat them. We could reuse plastic bags the way that my famiyl does, we keep the bags we get from the store and use them when we run out or sandwitch bags, garbage bags, or other such things. If plastic bags were compacted, they could probably be reused to make things like computer monitors or keyboards, or something else that is plastic.

Paper or Soy-Based Decompositive, Nature Safe Plastic?



this site is an open forum for people to post what they think should solve the expanding problem or plastic bags. One particular post preposed a soy-based plastic bag, that is decomposable.
To help, I will continue to save plastic bags, rather than throwing them away. Just as an added bit, I have in the past used them to mae rather interesting kites, haha.
 
1. i definately think that plastic bags are becoming a big problem. some reasons are that they are made of materials that can cause serious harm to the community. plus think of all the bags u get for 1 trip to the supermarket and multiply that by millions!!

2. one way they have effected our environment is that t creates much more garbage than we can handle and another way is that they are poluting the earth.

3. i can just not use plastic bags in the first place and use paper bags which can be recycled in a safer manner.

4. Click Here

5. i will use paper bags
 
1.
Well i really dont think of plastic bags when i think of like pollution i think of gases and cars and stuff. But i guess that the use of plastic bags is a problem. But it cant be that big of a problem if they recycle it and reuse it again.

2.
Two ways plastic bags impacted our lives is making it easier for us to transport groceries from a grocery store to our house. Also they abled us to carry multiple thing by using a bag.

3.
A creative way to reuse plastic bags is to use them for like storage of stuff.

4.
resuable bags
Many countries are trying to take a stand against using plastic bags.

5.
I guess i can try to reuse plastic bags. But i dont really know how to reuse them i dont use them at all. I only use them when their given to me at stores.
 
I have not really thought about plastic bags of being a problem. We do not have to ban plastic bags, we can always reuse them. They help us alot. Plastic bags help us carry food we buy and basically things we buy. Also it can be bad because an animal might get caught in it. I think all we have to do is reuse the bags we already have. For groceries as an example, just use an old bag. I will probably do nothing to help this cause. I do not really think of it as that big of a problem "yet."

Click Here

This site basically tells about the good things of plastic bags and how they help people out. It also describes what plastic bags really are.
 
The way we use plastic bags and how we don't know where they go when we throw them away is becoming a problem. If more people could use them for alternative tasks and re-use them, it could make it much less of a problem
Plastic bags have made a positive impact on our lives beacause there light, cheap, and convenient. On the other hand, wild life will mistake them for food and choke on them.
I could re-use a plastic bag by putting my lunch in them that i bring to school every
Click Here
This site is against free paper bags. It shows how some countries banned paper bags and Ireland has a tax on plastic bags.
I could use less paper bags and recycle the ones I do use. I could commit myless on using less plastic bags and re-using the ones I do use more often.
 
yes because not too many ppl recycle. them they just sit and collect.

2. they make life easier and i see more and more plastic bags floating in the air on a windy day

3. well we could use them as garbage bags, to pick up doggie poo, im not sure how well this would work but say you had a hollow wall well if you tightly pack many plastic bags it might just be a less exspensive way to insulate you home

4. Click Here


5. using papper bags at the grocery store and finding ways to reuse them *great book covers*
 
It is a problem because ANIMALS are being KILLED!!!! They are litter on beaches!! They cause more problems when we could easily have a better way of handling it.
Plastic bag are effecent, they're cheap, and make it easier for people. Plastic bags are now becoming a problem tho, they ar killing animals and that is bad.
We could reuse them by washing them and things and then when you can't reuse them anymore have a special bin to make sure they are being properly disposed of.
This says everyone should bring thier own bags for grocery shopppin and things.
I will reuse plastic bags and use canvas bags to grocery shop.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?