17 February 2008

 

Postings are due by midnight 22February

postings opinions and links period one
Comments:
Aren't there enough humans as it is?
Although, Yes! Asians are farther science wise!! Yeah!
 
ok kevinchen... the blog talks about cloning pets...we are not talking about who did the technology, but rather its use.
:0
 
To make up for any and all late blogs, I have decided to get this one done early =)
FIRST COMMENT! or from an actual student...

But anyway, I think that this can be a good use of technology and it can be a bad use of technology. For instance, if someone was psychologically dependant on their pet, and was having anxiety or emotional stress because of the pet being gone, then yes, this would be an exception.
However, i feel that if people are makeing more animals for recreation or something of that sort, it would be unmoral because humans would be creating animals not the way nature intended. This could also lead to overpopulation of certain breeds. i.e. the Beagle which is said to become supre popular in the following year because of its place in the recent dog show.
I would not use this technology to clone my pet because I would not feel comfortable 'replacing' my dog with another dog, even if it is supposedly "the exact same dog."
A positive use would be to make people happy. A negative use would be to do this to make a profit because that would be unmoral.
Kitty Kitty, Meow Meow

This site talks about a woman who purchased a clone of her former pet for $50,000. I found it interesting becasue she states that the cat's personality is "the same." i don't know if she's just crazy, or if there's really something special to this cloning thing.
 
I don't think cloning is a good use of technology. I know pets can be very important to their owners but saving an ear to clone a dog?!?! I think it is unethical, almost like bringing something back to life... it shouldn't be there but it is. Life shouldn't just be played with that way. I don't have a pet, and I don't think I would clone one if I did. Maybe it is a positive thing if a person is VERY atached to a pet and would really suffer without it...like if they didn't have anyone in the world except for their pet...then I'd understand. A lot of negative things could happen...something could go terribly wrong the cloned animals could suffer or have a defect.
Dr. Frankenstein
"One doesn't expect Dr. Frankenstein to show up in wool sweater, baggy parka, soft British accent and the face of a bank clerk. But there he was: Dr. Ian Wilmut, the first man to create fully formed life from body parts since Mary Shelley's mad scientist."
I chose a pretty cool article from Time Magazine. It talks about Dolly the sheep and how it was cloned, the doctor, and ethics.
 
I do not think that cloning is a good use of technology.
This is not moral or ethical.
I would not use this technology to use my pet.I do not believe that cloning is ethical so to clone my pet is something that I would not like to take part in. My pet is it's own self and should not be made again.
One negative thing about cloning is that we already have an overpopuleted world so why should we crowd it more. We should not produce more beings that we can not provide enough food for.
Click Here
This site contains videos against cloning annd why we should be against it.

--Misty
 
This is not a good use of thecnology if they are just using these machines because they wantr to clone their pets because they love their pets, therefor it is not ethicsl, but if they are using it to try and cure something or trying to prove something and it was safe for the animal than that would be ethical. I wouldnt clone my pet because there is no use for it and this technology shouldnt be used for things like that. One negative affect is people could clone violent dogs and then there would be two violent dogs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pet_cloning
 
1. no i dont think cloning is a moral use of technology
2. cloning isnot ethical because its cheating human life things shouldnt be created in a way in which they werent intended to
3.no because everything has to die and you shouldnt bring it back to please your selfish desire
4. i chose this site because it talks about all the different types of cloning and dangers to cloning and can answer all your questions about cloning


link
 
no i dont think this is a good use of tecnology, we are wasting science just so some lonely old ladies can have there dogs again. people need to move on after there pets have died not have them cloned, it not very moral. NO, i would not use this tecnology on my pet because once he has died i will accept it and move on. I really cant think of another negative statement than what i have already stated.

Preserve Your Pets
this site is yet another company trying to clone lost pets. just read whats on the site, i think it sounds realy stupid.
 
1. I think this could be both a good and bad use of technology. In the good perspective, this is making many advances to science and that is a good thing. This could also be good because it could help endangered species. In the bad perspective, if humans are cloned that could be a problem. World hunger is already an issue. Adding more people to the population would make it worse. There could also be another side to this. If "not cloned people" feel that "cloned people" are "not" people, then this could cause segregation and make the world even further from world peace than we already are.

2. I feel that it is unmoral and unethical. This is because that people and animals were created for a reason. If they die, maybe its their time too. I understand that people may want their loved one or pet to stay around. But that doesn't mean that they are going to have the same characteristics.

3. No, I would not use this technology on my pet. I am willing to part with my cat and move on if she passes away. I feel that it is unecessary to clone her.

4. I think that this could help to preserve the endangered species.

5. Click Here

This site talks about the cons of cloning and people feel about it. They feel that is expensive and unethical.
 
1. I think it can be a good use of technology. If there is an endangered species of animal, then some DNA from the animal can be retrieved and a new animal will be made. This can be done a couple times and then reproduction can take care of the rest. If this technology is used sparingly, I think it will be good. But, as society is, it will be used for financial gain and marketed to humans to "regain their lost pet."

2. With the exception of what I said before about endangered species, for the most part I think this is not moral or ethical. I mean, not to sound harsh, but if the animal dies, then that's the way God intended it. I don't think we should be messing death.

3. No, I would not use the technology to clone my own pet. I wouldn't want to deal with the grief of losing that pet the second time around. Plus, if it died, then it was part of God's plan for it to go and I would have to accept that.

4. It would be positive to help save endangered species of animals. (I already said that so i'll say a negative.) A negative would be people wasting there money on the common profit seeking entrepreneur. This cloning technology will most likely turn into a business, seeking money. I think participating in the cloning would be a waste of money. Money would be spent on a "clone"of your lost pet that has no guarantee of being a clone. The new animal may not look like the previous animal, having a different coat of fur or something of that nature. That would be wasted money if you wanted to be reminded of your old pet.

5. Bringing Dinosaurs Back?!

I used this because I saw a commercial for this exact topic on Discovery Channel. I just found it funny that scientists may bring back dinosaurs that will probably demolish mankind.
 
No I don't think cloning is a good use of technology. This is not moral or ethical because I believe that if my pet dies, they died for a reason and it is not our job to bring them back by cloning. I wouldn't want to use this technology on my pet because like i said before if my pet dies they die for a reason, maybe its their time. This use of technology might be use to save endangered species.

LINK
I chose this link because it talks about the risks of cloning.
 
cloning can be a good or bad way of using technology; it all depends on the circumstances. I think this is immoral and unethical. i dont have a pet, but if i did, i still probably would not clone him/her. If your pet dies and then you clone it, it would be kind of creepy seeing it alive. Anyways it is way too expensive. a positive way to use cloning is to clone endangered species.

Click Here

this site talks about cloning endangered species and about how it can help these species come back.
 
To be totally honest, I think it's a cool use of technology. I mean, who wouldn't want to have a replica of their dog or cat. However, I don't think that it is morraly right. You don't just walk around everyday seeing clones of animals let alone humans. With this day and age, technology is advancing rapidly. Some of it is moving with society, and then there is some that will probably take a long time to be accepted. Cloning would be one of those advancements in technology. I would not use this technology to clone my pet. It's not that I wouldn't want to replicate my pet, but I think that it would just really freak me out. A positive use of this cloning is that it would be really cool if you liked someone or something and you wanted to duplicate it. Or if you didn't want to be somewhere and you had a clone, you wouldn't have to worry about being there. On the other hand, the complications and side effects that cloning brings about could be bad. And if you clone someone, it's not fair to that organism or wahtever you'd like to call it because they would go into society and people would just expect them to know what they're doing, yet they haven't been here for much time at all. They haven't developed feelings or emotions. So really, it's just weird. I chose this site because it gives a lot of information on cloning. It gives the pros and cons and also a list of animals that have been cloned in the past. It tells about how your body is affected with this experiment and reasons why humans should not be cloned because it has yet to be an experiment that is fully accurate and works well without complications.
 
i don't think that this is a good use of this technology. we could use it for so much better things than just cloning people's pets.
i don't think that this is moral or ethical.
i would definately not use this technology to clone my pet. it would be very weird. i'd rather just get a new one the old fashioned way.
we could use this type of cloning to clone endangered species though. that would be very beneficial to the world.
Click Here
this site gives many facts about cloning and answered so many of my questions. it gives a true understanding to the whole cloning thing.
 
I think it is useful technology as a way to save an endangered species, but as for cloning household pets I think scientists should focus more on other issues. I do not think it is ethical or moral. I would not clone my pet. It was meant to die. Instead I could find another pet that needs an owner. I would remember old memories not try to recreate the life of a pet. A negative effect of cloning pets is the cloned pet may have a greater risk to medical problems.
Click Here
I chose this site because it explained how cloning is not easily achieved, there is only around 2% chance of a successful
clone. It also stated the information gained from the first cloning of Dolly. I found it interesting to read about this.
 
I think we've unlocked a good use for the technology, but we're putting it to a not-as-good use. I would be more concerned about other things (which i'll mention in another part) than reviving some old lady's Mr. Snufflewufflekins.

A positive use would be to find the remains of extinct species and bring them back into the world, BUT...
1. As I've propbably said in the last buhzillion cloning blogs, it doesn't seem very ethical- it's not our place to be manufacturing life. (unless the mommy person meets the daddy person... :D wow that was a little offtopic)
2. With the changes in the environment, and the tendencies of cloned organisms to have other health problems, the species wouldn't last too long even if we did bring it back.

Would I clone my pet... I'm gonna have to say no for this one. Of COURSE I love my bunny, but there are disadvantages to cloning. One, it's too expensive. Two, like I mentioned, cloned pets tend to have many health problems as well. Three, you can't have the same exact pet twice in a row- it just doesn't feel right the second time. Four, even if you were okay with number three, seeing your pet die once is bad enough- why torture yourself twice?

I chose this link because the activists are against cloning, and I can't entirely disagree with them on that one :)
 
Yes i do think that cloning animals is a good use of technology in certain cases like helping repopulate endangered species. Though people may not think it is ethical, it is a great step in science to be able to clone animals successfully.
Cloning isn't completely ethical if you feel we should live the way nature intended. But after reading everyone else comment and seeing that no one thinks it is ethical or moral, I want to disagree.I feel that if we have the brain power to figure out this technology, it isn't unethical from a religious view at all. If we didn't use new technology, science would never evolve.
No i don't think i would use this technology to bring back a pet. I wouldn't do this because it is very expensive, when i could just buy a new pet for a lot cheaper. I would also feel very weird knowing that my new pet isn't my old pet resurrected, but an exact clone.
Positive effects of clone are being able to repopulate endangered species again and scientific advancement. A negative effect of it is that it will create very large religious controversy.

Click and Clone
This link really explains the cloning process step by step, through a fun game =). You can also search the website and find facts and details and cloning.
 
I do not thing that this is a good use of technology, somebody can just get a new pet, we do not need to clone an old one. A new one is just as good. No, I do not think this is moral/ethical. No I would not use this technology to clone my pet, if I missed it that much, I would just get a new one. A positive effect of this type of cloning is that it could save an endangered species.

Click Here

I chose this site because it talks about cloning and food.
 
The cloning of animals (and maybe humans?) seems like really advanced technology; however, I don't think it's the best use. It doesn't seem moral, either. An organism is an organism, and it should be created naturally, not by scientists. I would definitely not use this technology to clone my pet. It seems totally weird and unethical, in general. As I said, they should be created naturally. Plus, aren't there enough animals running around? This could be positive because if someone has the DNA of an endangered animal, it could be used to clone it. click?!!?!? This link contains an article that debates cloning being an unnatural process.
 
This technology is only really being put into good use if its being used to help endangered species but for cloning pets...it just seems like a waste of really advanced science.
To me cloning anything, pets and/or humans isnt moral or ethical because we shouldnt be messing with the creation of life. It would be nice if we could bring back some of the extinct and endangered species but it still wouldnt be ethical...we should have helped those animals a long time ago.
I woulndt clone my pet, even if it was free. Im not that emotionally attached to my rabbit that I would self destruct if I didnt have her in my life after she died. i think that the people who are clonig their pets because they "love" them so much either have too much time and money on their hands or they have a screw loose...or both! Death is part of the life cycle and people have to start dealing with that. One negative use of cloning is by recreating too many animals for the earth to sustain...then humans and animals would have to fight for food and territory and stuff. That would be really bad.
CloneSaftey.org talks about the science behind cloning, the animals that have been recently cloned, and the saftey hazards and what could go wrong. I chose this site because it discussed both sides of cloning...positive and negative.
 
I dont believe this is a good use of technology. I believe technology should go towards better uses like machines to detect cancer early enough to be cured. I dont believe it is moral. Although i dont believe this is a good use of technology and i dont think it is ethical i would probably use it for my dog. I would only use it for my dog because im so attached to him. I grew up with him and have had him since my first christmas. it would be very hard to let him go. but he is the only animal i would use it for. A negative would be that the animal be comeout different then before and could have medical complications. Doggy!! This site talks about some of the medical complication pervious cloned animals have had.
 
Is this a good use of technology?
I do not think it is moral or ethical. I wouldn't spend $50,000 even at the mininum cloning would be. $50,000 seems too much for me just to get something that looks the same.
A positive use could be making someone really happy because they have thier dog back that died.
Click Here
This site tells the risks of cloning and how cloning is very inefficient. Only .1%-3% will survive.
 
I dont think this is a good use of technology. It just seems like we could use our time to do something better. I dont rlly think its moral and ethical. I can understand that some people would want a clone of there pet but it can be more expensive and the animal may not turn out like the previous one. I wouldnt use it to clone my pet. I personally think it might make me a little upset because even though its a clone its not exactly the same. I would much rather get a new pet and keep my previous pet in my memories. The negative is that the animal may not be the same as the previous one.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2005/01/21/EDGN0AT3861.DTL

I chose this because it talks about how cloning can be unethical.
 
1. Yes i think this is a very smart and clever use of technology.

2. I think it is immoral because humans are making animals in a unnatural way unlike the way god intended animals to be made.

3. Yes i think i would clone my pet under certain circumstances. such as if i had a very close relationship with my pet and needed them in my life. however i would not just clone my pet for the heck of it because i have the money to do it.

4. 1 positive use of this technology is if there is and animal species that is becoming indangered, we could save them from extinction.

5. yo yo yo
I picked this site because it talks about real life experiences and the health risks about cloning pets.
 
good
snowy
saturday
morning
:)
hj
 
1.
Its an okay use there are definateley better ways to use technology but i guess it good for
people so their not like hurt.

2.
Probally not to must people. But to some people their pets are all they have.


3.
I probally wouldnt. That would be too weird to see them alive after their dead. It wouldnt be the same and they probally wouldnt be the same. I also wouldnt want to mess with fate and stuff once its their time its their time. Of course i would be upset and miss them but to have them back would be wrong and selfish.


4.
One posiitive thig would be a lot less upest and lonely people in the world. A negative would be that it could upset the balance of like population.

5.
clone

I chose this webstie becuse it talks about the problemls of clonig pets. I think that they make very good points.
 
Sorry its late.

1. I think this could be both a good and bad use of technology. In the good perspective, this is making many advances to science and that is a good thing. This could also be good because it could help endangered species. In the bad perspective, if humans are cloned that could be a problem. World hunger is already an issue. Adding more people to the population would make it worse. There could also be another side to this. If "not cloned people" feel that "cloned people" are "not" people, then this could cause segregation and make the world even further from world peace than we already are.

2. I feel that it is unmoral and unethical. This is because that people and animals were created for a reason. If they die, maybe its their time too. I understand that people may want their loved one or pet to stay around. But that doesn't mean that they are going to have the same characteristics.

3. No, I would not use this technology on my pet. I am willing to part with my cat and move on if she passes away. I feel that it is unecessary to clone her.

4. I think that this could help to preserve the endangered species.

This site talks about the cons of cloning and people feel about it. They feel that is expensive and unethical.
 
1. Yes i think this is a very smart and clever use of technology.

2. I think it is immoral because humans are making animals in a unnatural way unlike the way god intended animals to be made.

3. Yes i think i would clone my pet under certain circumstances. such as if i had a very close relationship with my pet and needed them in my life. however i would not just clone my pet for the heck of it because i have the money to do it.

4. 1 positive use of this technology is if there is and animal species that is becoming indangered, we could save them from extinction.
 
I think that we realy on them to much. one impact is on the envirment because people throw them all over the plce. Another impact is on global warming with the manufacturing of them. i think we could us back packs.
 
no no no b/c i think its playing GOD if kilo died and i got a kitten that looked just like her id be to homesick for kilo to enjoy this life

cloning humans?

http://www.deepscience.com/articles/cloning.html
 
1. Yes i think this is a very smart and clever use of technology.

2. I think it is immoral because humans are making animals in a unnatural way unlike the way god intended animals to be made.

3. Yes i think i would clone my pet under certain circumstances. such as if i had a very close relationship with my pet and needed them in my life. however i would not just clone my pet for the heck of it because i have the money to do it.

4. 1 positive use of this technology is if there is and animal species that is becoming indangered, we could save them from extinction.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?