30 March 2008
BlogWork is Due by Midnight 4 April
Opinions and Links Period One
Comments:
<< Home
This "man" may be pregnant, but is he really a man? The last time I checked, men don't have ovaries. Yet, when this person got a sex change, he did not get his ovaries removed. So what if he is legally a man. He's got women's reproductive organs. It doesn't count. And anyway, why are we so caught up over this guy. For one, it's unnatural. This is not the way nature works. And two, we have much more important things going on, like, oh, a war. I think people are just wasting their time on this.
Pregnant Men Unnatural
Pregnant Men Unnatural
Biologically, Thomas Beatie is a woman. Although he is legally male, he still has the reproductive organs of a female, and a law that just says he is male does not make him one. This is not ethical use of technology, nor a good idea. The child might be troubled. The whole thing could even be a joke, and the picture looks a little fake.
'Pregnant' man stuns medical profession
I chose an article that talks about Thomas. Some doctors are stating their opinions:
"You're not a man, you're a woman and you're having a baby and you're actually having your own baby."
"Just because you put on a suit, doesn't mean that you don't still exist underneath."
'Pregnant' man stuns medical profession
I chose an article that talks about Thomas. Some doctors are stating their opinions:
"You're not a man, you're a woman and you're having a baby and you're actually having your own baby."
"Just because you put on a suit, doesn't mean that you don't still exist underneath."
This person is not a man. since they have the reproductive organs of a female, he is female. he isnt really a guy. he could be pregnant, but he is not a man. well, i dont think that this is a good use of technology. think about the kid. when they go to school and other kids find out that his/her dad was pregnant their gonna have a hard time at school. this could deeply trouble their child.
Click Here
Click Here
1. in my oppinion he is pregnant but he cant be called a man because a man cant have a baby.he is a woman because he has woman reproductive parts.if he wanted to become pregnant why did he just stay a woman instead of becoming a man.
2. no, i dont think it is ethical becuase if it was meant for a man to baby it would have happed a long time ago.It is unnatural
3. i dont think its a legal us of technology and i dont think many people will except it.
4.no because its not the natural way of having a baby.
Click Here
2. no, i dont think it is ethical becuase if it was meant for a man to baby it would have happed a long time ago.It is unnatural
3. i dont think its a legal us of technology and i dont think many people will except it.
4.no because its not the natural way of having a baby.
Click Here
Overall I dont believe this sitauation is possible. I actually believe that this whole thing may just be a joke, or a hoax, and this guy just wants attention. If it were true though, maybe he is actually a she. I dont know how he could legally be male and have ovaries, that isnt making sense to me. This just seems to have too many loose ends to be true, I don't see how it is even possible. If he was a woman and than got a sex change, but he saved his ovaries, how did he even get a sex change? The manin thing about being female is still present in him so I don't even see how he got a sex change. To me I still think he is a woman, if this whole thing is even true. The story seems fake along with the photos. Photoshop can do incredible things.
forgot to post my site: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/2008/03/29/is-the-pregnant-man-thomas-beatie-a-hoax-for-april-fool-s-day-89520-20366594/
I do not see this topic as being ethical use of technology. The time scientist are wasting trying to make men pregnant could be used trying to find cures for diseases. This could possibly not be legal. The death and disabled rate of babies and the father could be much greater so this wouldn't be legal. This technology isn't moral at all. Men weren't suppost to get pregnant natually, so why use technology to make them pregnant?
She isn't a he
She had a sex change where her breast were removed and she takes testosterone to look more manly. She still has all her reproductive organs and why legally she is a man stumps me.
She isn't a he
She had a sex change where her breast were removed and she takes testosterone to look more manly. She still has all her reproductive organs and why legally she is a man stumps me.
If any of this story is true then this Thomas person is definetly a woman. I dont know what makes a man legally a male, but you are either male or female, not both. If you have ovaries you are a female making us the only ones that can get pregnant...this is basic stuff. I think this is either a complete joke or that if this person is actually pregnant than she... or he or whatever he is...is a woman that looks like a man. Females have been giving birth since the begining of time and probably for a good reason...so no i dont think this is either a moral or ethical use of technology if it is even possible. Legally, im sure that you could get around this situation and make it allowed but that still doesn't make it right...im sure that a majority of people would see this as unexceptable and even if it was legal it doesn't mean that it would be socially acceptable.
Get Pregnant Naturally!
Get Pregnant Naturally!
i do believe that he is pregnant but i wouldnt call him a man cuz guys cant get pregnant. i dont really think it is that ethical cuz its kinda wrong but i can understand cuz people get pregnant with the help of doctors but if your gonna live like a man then they shouldnt get pregnant. its legal and i dont think that trhey would ever make it illegal cuz its your body and you can do what you want with it.
To answer the first question, I'd like to point out that 'he' biologically is not a man, just a woman who had her breasts removed and takes hormones. So really it's not that strange, since it's still a woman getting pregnant. I suppose there isn't anything wrong with the situation, but I still don't like it. I personally don't like the idea of all this artificial sex-change and pregnancy stuff. Girls should be girls, and guys should be guys. End of story. It's a waste of technology in my opinion. (after today's history class, we don't need more ways to make more people-there's too many of them already) If someone is not meant to have kids of their own, just adopt one if you really want one that badly.
Link
Link
I would consider this man to be pregnant but i don't think i'd consider him a man. he has female reproductive organs! so even though he's legally a man i don't consider him one.
I don't feel that this situation is moral or ethical. a man just should not have babies. it's unnatural.
i don't think that this use of technology is legal.
Click Here
I don't feel that this situation is moral or ethical. a man just should not have babies. it's unnatural.
i don't think that this use of technology is legal.
Click Here
I think there is a chance that this man may be pregnant, but then again...I don't think that he is a man. Although he had a sex change, I think that if "he" chose not to get his ovaries he is still, biologically, a woman. Even if he is a women, I guess that there is a likely chance that "he" is pregnant. But how the egg was fertilized, thats a different story. I think that this is a bizarre situation. I also agree that there are other things that are more important at this time in technology and that we should be focusing on those things instead.
Click Here
Click Here
I believe this person really is pregnant, but I believe he is more female than male. He is male enough to be considered a legal man. However, he still has female reproductive parts, which make it possible for him to have a baby.
I do not believe this is ethical or moral since he had a sex change to be a man. If he wanted his own baby he should have stayed a female. I think it's a waste of technology to make a man pregnant. It must be legal since he is pregnant and sharing it with everybody.
Click Here
I do not believe this is ethical or moral since he had a sex change to be a man. If he wanted his own baby he should have stayed a female. I think it's a waste of technology to make a man pregnant. It must be legal since he is pregnant and sharing it with everybody.
Click Here
I think this man may be pregnant, but I do not think that he is a man. If he has female reproductive organs, he should not legally be a male. Its not right for a guy to be pregnant. Its morally/ethically wrong and should not be happening. What will even happen to the kid, I do not think he/she will be normal. There will be a huge amount of prejudice against him.
Click Here
Click Here
I do NOT think that this man is pregnant. He may legally be a man but he still possesses what women do, therefore he is NOT a man, but a woman that wants to be a man. I do not think that this is ethical. God intended for women to be carrying babies, hence why there is only one "pregnant male" that has existed on this earth in the past 2008 plus years. I do not think that this is moral. Who would've thought that some man would become pregnant because I surely wouldn't have. I guess that this is a legal use of technology because this man can proceed with being the male mother of a child. Is it legal that this "man" is a man? No because he possesses what women posses. This document explains that this man was once a woman and shows HER as HER formerself.
Thomas Beatie is suppose to be the first pregnant man. But i do not believe he is a man at all. Maybe legally he may be which is weird but biologically he is a women. I describe guys as haing male parts but Beatie still has his female ones. It is not a moral or ethical use of techonology. I think it may be legal.
not really a man
not really a man
I actually have no doubt that this man is pregnant. When I first heard about this story a week or so ago, I didn't think it was possible. But then I read more into it and saw the news, and realized that he had female reproductive organs. But what I don't understand is how this person is legally a male, with female organs. Honestly, I don't think this is that ethical. I would be pretty spooked if I was a doctor and some guy wanted a sperm donor. I'm sure it's legal since everyone knows about it. Should it be legal? I'm not so sure. I guess it's legal because he has female organs, but really, it seems illogical. Moral? Not quite. Personally, men shouldn't be getting pregnant. It hasn't happened for years, so why now? Personally, I don't think this person should legally be a man! Technology is getting a little too advanced for our own good. This story is big right now (he was on Oprah?!) and I don't think it should be. Sure, it's a shock, but it's sort of a pointless commodity in a way.
pregnantmanpregnantmanpregnantman
pregnantmanpregnantmanpregnantman
Alright let me start off saying that i think that this topic is just ODDD.
Although this man is leagaly a man he is still a woman in my eyes. He didnt have all of the surgeries to turn male, and he still has a vagina and a uterus and ovaries. I dont think that this is a ethical use of technolagy. If our world continues to do this women arnt going to have childern anymore and all men will be having childern. It is just a little crazy. The child could end up being troubled. These pictures do look fake but after watching ophra i do believe that this man is pregant. I just think its a little crazy, i really have no comment about it.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2008/03/26/wpreg126.xml
Although this man is leagaly a man he is still a woman in my eyes. He didnt have all of the surgeries to turn male, and he still has a vagina and a uterus and ovaries. I dont think that this is a ethical use of technolagy. If our world continues to do this women arnt going to have childern anymore and all men will be having childern. It is just a little crazy. The child could end up being troubled. These pictures do look fake but after watching ophra i do believe that this man is pregant. I just think its a little crazy, i really have no comment about it.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2008/03/26/wpreg126.xml
i do think this idea of a pregant man is unethical. i mean people have had sex changes before why now especially around april fools day. He doesnt go out in public and is rarely seen except for on tv. in my opinion i think this is a publicity matter. i dont think it is a good use of technology because instead of trying to get a man pregant we could be trying to cure cancer or aids or stoping ALD from occuring in boys. In my opinion it is complete waste of time to try and make it work butif it does work ill take a second look at it.
I only have one question...how is the baby to survive?
a discussion on what other people feel of this topic
I only have one question...how is the baby to survive?
a discussion on what other people feel of this topic
In your opinion this "man" is not a man really pregnant. Hense a man not really being pregnant.
The use of technology isn unethical. If you are born male then you are male, born female you are female. If you get a sex operation to change your gender you are still your original gender no matter what the change says on paper. It is not legal or moral technolgoy. This "man" is a woman. She has her own reproductive organs hense, in my book not being a man. No matter what goes down in the books this person is having a child because she is a woman and capible of doing so, not because she is a "man".Click Here
The use of technology isn unethical. If you are born male then you are male, born female you are female. If you get a sex operation to change your gender you are still your original gender no matter what the change says on paper. It is not legal or moral technolgoy. This "man" is a woman. She has her own reproductive organs hense, in my book not being a man. No matter what goes down in the books this person is having a child because she is a woman and capible of doing so, not because she is a "man".Click Here
Man cannot be pregnant but Thomas Beatie is pregnant. Biologically Beatie is female because only females can be pregnant but legally he is a man. This person got his sex change but did not get his female reproductive organs removed. This could be fake and by looking at the pictures and watching him on Oprah it looks unreal. This is niether moral or ethical use of technology. why do we care so much even if he is pregnant we should pay more attention to other thing like people in Africa or something.
No April Foolin'
No April Foolin'
In my opinion i dont think its really a man he maybe to the country but if he still has female reproductive organs he is a female no ifs ands or buts. Honestly, i think the smarter route would have been to adopt. This just put their whole family on watch pretty much. it can really ruin the family due to all the stress. I think its a waste off money and time...to adopt would be saving one more orphan instead of bringing in another baby.
1. First of all, there is a baby in the uterus and therefore, the man or women, depending on how you look at the person, is pregnant. HER EGGO IS PREGGO! (as quoted from Juno!!!-love it). In my opinion, this "man" is not actually a man at all. Although he supposedly became a man, he still has the reproductive system of a woman, which, to my standards and despite what the government has to say doesnt qualify him as a man.
2. Umm...depending on your standpoint it could be an ethical use of technology. Although I don't technically think that it is a man having a child, it is the family's wish to have a child and therefore, it is not only ethical but useful. The point of reproduction is to continue the human race, so any contribution shouldn't be complained or argued about.
3.According to the government, this is a perfectly legal use of technology. Since Thomas Beattie is legally a man, his marriage is legal even though personally, i think it is stupid to have to get a sex change operation to become married in most of the states...but thats a different subject entirely. Anyway...I do think that it is legal and moral and ethical for this use of technology.
4. As stated above, it is definately a moral use of technology, because it is perfectly logical to have a child if you can to continue the human race, which is the point of reproduction.
Helen from a blog I've read on this topic says "The definition of woman is based upon sexual reproductive organs. Same for the definiton of a man. Hence, men do not have babies. One who can be pregnant is, by definition, a woman."
I agree perfectly with this.
Blog Which Quote Is From
To Prove My Point
Definition of MALE
2. Umm...depending on your standpoint it could be an ethical use of technology. Although I don't technically think that it is a man having a child, it is the family's wish to have a child and therefore, it is not only ethical but useful. The point of reproduction is to continue the human race, so any contribution shouldn't be complained or argued about.
3.According to the government, this is a perfectly legal use of technology. Since Thomas Beattie is legally a man, his marriage is legal even though personally, i think it is stupid to have to get a sex change operation to become married in most of the states...but thats a different subject entirely. Anyway...I do think that it is legal and moral and ethical for this use of technology.
4. As stated above, it is definately a moral use of technology, because it is perfectly logical to have a child if you can to continue the human race, which is the point of reproduction.
Helen from a blog I've read on this topic says "The definition of woman is based upon sexual reproductive organs. Same for the definiton of a man. Hence, men do not have babies. One who can be pregnant is, by definition, a woman."
I agree perfectly with this.
Blog Which Quote Is From
To Prove My Point
Definition of MALE
I think this man is really pregnant. Im not really sure that this man is really a man. I think he realy is pregnant because i think he might a been a girl. This is because i feel that he got a sex change. I think hes pregnant because hes got reproductive systems. I dont think its ethical, a legal use of technology, or moral use of technology.
http:www.mirror.co.uk
http:www.mirror.co.uk
Sure, she's-- I mean He's, really preagnant. It's a person who is legelly accepted as male, but sexually recognized as female. I've always wondered about extenuating cercomstances such as this, but I don't think that this is ethical. I don't see how this is breaking the law in any way, so I'll have to say it seems legal. The child --if there is one-- will definitely have problems...to say the least. I wouldn't say that this is a moral thing. It's going agains't nature, God, and it would be cruel to the child. That is my honest opinion on this strange man... I mean woman?
Yes i believe that this man is really pregent and that it is not a hoax. Scientifically he has female reproductive organs and is fully able to give birth to a child. Though, this person being a man may be false because normally people are label for gender by their reprodutive parts and thisn "man" has woman parts. Though i do understand that legally he is a man, the way i see it he is not.This is very unatural, though i believe it. It would not have been possible if it were not for the transgender sergery that took place. This is not moral or ethical at all in our society, but thats why it gets so much plubicity =].
I belive that this "man" may legaly be a man but nevertheless he is a biological women.I do not see this as being ethical use of technology. unfourtunatly this is legal i dont think messin with the natural order of things is right. there could be better things these people could be doing
yes. ok i do believe that is was this man/ladys choice to change his/her body and that is ok in my book. and i do think it is somewhat moral/ethical because the baby will have a mom and a "dad". he/she wanted to experiance child birth and thats ok. the media is using this tibit of someones personal life to destract from more pressing issues. it's your life and as long as you are not harming the baby it seem to be cool.
Post a Comment
<< Home

