02 March 2008

 

The Conversation Ends @ Midnight 7 March 2008

Period 1 Postings and Links
Comments:
Mutation is basicly the altering/changing of something. In biology, mutation is when an organism's genes become altered and the genes are then passed on by reproduction to create a new species. This is usually for the organism to adapt to its environment. Yet scientifically genes can be altered or reproduced by scientists (a.k.a. cloning).

Recently it has been in the news that the FDA is going to start to allow cloning animals, such as cows, for more meat and milk. I think that this is unethical and I don't think that it is moral. It seems weird to produce a cloned animal. However, there are benefits to cloning animals, such as the clone producing more milk and better qualty meat. Putting these benefits aside, I believe that cloning animals is wrong.

Group Against Animal Cloning

Benefits To Cloning

Questions:
1. Do you believe that cloning animals for for their meat, skin, milk, and/or fur is ethical and moral? Why?

2. Would you ever buy products or eat the food provided by a cloned animal?

3. Do you think that products from cloned animals should be labeled?
 
Question answers:
1.i think its not really a moral or ethical issue i think it depends on weither you think its safe.
2.NO, i would never eat a cloned animal.
3.Yes, definetly. if they werent the company could be possibly endangering people with ought them knowing, its kinda like forgetting to say that a product contains penuts to a person whos algerect to them.
 
NEXT one up should refocus on the original term "mutation"
link to a site that talks about mutation ... maybe what causes it, or what kinds or mutations exist, or the benefits .... etc

:)

hj
 
Mutation is a change in the DNA of an organism, changing its appearance, behavior, how it reacts, etc. There are three types of mutations. Insertion is when new code is added to the DNA. Deletion is when code is removed from the DNA. Frameshift is when the code is rearranged. It can be caused by many things, radioactivity, sunlight, a change in environment, or it may just be a random mutation without an obvious cause. Mutations can be good or bad. It depends on what happens as a result of the mutation. A harmful mutation would be sickle cell anemia, which harms the red blood cells. Another harmful mutation is, I guess, a mutation in neurons that would not allow a person the feel pain.

Types of Mutations

Definition/Causes of Mutation
 
I'm on it, Mr. J.
Oh, and LLAMA, I saw that cloned animals special on the news this morning. =]

If anyone's kind of stuck on what mutation really means, here's a more in-depth/easier explanation of it.
Mutations can occur because of inheritance, or because you randomly pick it up during your lifetime. Only a small percentage of mutations actually affect the health of a human.

OKAYYYYY, SO:
There once was a German boy who was born with ginormous muscles. Like, HUGE. And because of this, he was able to help scientists look into the mutations further.

Can you name any more benefits of having a mutation?
If you did have a mutation, would you want to keep it to yourself, or help contribute to science?

Hello, huge post. =]
 
hey coco :)
great work! you brought us back to topic...and yes i remember reading about that german boy...

hj
 
YAY I am not part of this class.

Some forms of mutation can be beneficial such as in birds. If a bird needs to adapt to eat a certain seed, that is very good for the bird to have a mutation causing it to have a better beak for this seed. I think adaptation and natural mutation run hand in hand. In humans, I can see excellent sight or hearing as a beneficial mutation.
If I had a mutation, I would probably not contribute too much to science. I would help out, but I have a life, and I would not like to become some sort of guinea pig experiment.

Question: Do you think it would be fair to someone that has a serious mutation to be used as a science experiment and guinea pig by scientists? It would be beneficial to human kind, but would that be ethical?
 
Yes i think it is fair because he may be able to help mankind. It isn't ethical to me but if a lot of people depended on me i would certainly do it. Saving earth is only a once in a lifetime opportunity. But if they were just studying me for the heck of it i would not allow it. You only live twice.
Yet on the other hand being poked and prodded by scientists would not be fun for anyone especially if you could die from the mutation.

Let's say a massive breakout of mutation occurs.
If you had the chance would you want to mutate just to be different? Or Would you become a scientist and make it your business to destroy this mutation and restore order and peace to the world. Why or why not?
 
so far i am :) about the new format!
great work folks...
hj
 
I would not like to mutate just to be different. Many cbhanges could happen to myself and they would probably be for the worse. Something could happen and I may wind up dying along with this process, but I would like to be a scientist to try to stop this. It is an unethical way of life and it could really harm some people. I would want to stop this from happening.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutations

What would you do if someone in your family suffered from a bad mutation, would you be scared for their life? Do you think their childen might be affected? Explain this situation.
 
if someone in my family suffered from a mutation i would be worried but it also depends on if it was serious or not. I think that their children would be effected because mutations are in your genes which are passed to your children. That dosent mean that their child is definitely gonna get the mutation. But they will have a better chance of getting it since it runs in the family.

this site talks about genes being passed from the parent to the child
 
yea i agree with dylan. if someone in my family had a mutation i would either be scared or not at all worried. It all depends on the mutation.If the mutation is harmful, i would be scared. if it doesn't really affect that person's life, i wouldnt be as scared. This link
links to a website that talks about mutations and how some are harmful, helpful or nuetral.
 
The website that eric posted has a part about favorable mutations. It explains about a defect that can actually make a person immune to HIV! Another example of a favorable mutation is sickle cell resistance to malaria: This is an example where a mutation decreases the normal efficiency of the body, but still provides a relative advantage.

Since we're watching Lorenzo's Oil, and ALD is a kind of mutation: Would you blame your husband/wife if he/she were the carrier of a gene that would cause your child to have a mutation and suffer?
 
I probably would kind of blame my spouse if she carried the gene that caused the ALD mutation because they should be VERY aware that they do have it. But blaming them for it wont help the situation it probably would cause more pain in the family. Click Here, this link talks about the ALD mutation.
 
hola all!
well anyway i agree that yes to some extent i would blame my spouse, BUT i would not voice that just cause that would make everythin worse. Besides there is nothing they can do about it anyway. well anyway hers a link....

Click Here If You Dare...

so anyway hmmmmmm....
OOOO i thunk of uno questione:
너는 거기서 이는가 유전 돌연변이안에 확실성 또는 네거티브 더 생각하는가? 무엇이 가장 나쁜가 수 있고는가 제일 것 너는 돌연변이를 나오는가 수 있었는가 생각하는가?

For everyone who doesnt speak Korean:
Do you think there are more positives or negatives in genetic mutations? What could be the worst and best thing do you think could come out of mutations?
 
That website talked about ALD and the ways to stop its progression. It says that it is a progressive degenerative myelin disorder, meaning that myelin, the "insulation" around nerves, breaks down over time. Without myelin, nerves can't function normally, or at all. Unfortunately, the body can't grow replacement myelin, so the disorder is progressive--it gets worse over time. It also says that no cure has been found for ALD yet. They say that there are now ways to find out if a woman has the abnormal gene of ALD. This enables her to know if she could pass it on to her children. There have been some successful treatments. One of these is "Lorenzo's Oil" which is a combination of olive and rapseed oil.

Question: Would you want to know if you or your wife carried the gene for ALD before you decided to have children? If you found out that you or your wife was positive when tested for it, what would you do?
 
Wow that was a very informative site robert posted. It talks about who gets the disease and the symptoms of it. Most of the information in the article is covered in the movie Lorenzo's Oil. I also discusses how there is a shortage of myelin in the nerves which casue ALD. There is no question so im going to repond to ka’s posting. Well if I was the husband and my wife did not know she carried the disease then why would I blame her? That’s absolutely absurd because she had no idea whatsoever. And if I were to blame anyone, then I would blame the doctors for not detecting the disease. But again, if they had never seen it before then I suppose its not there fault. On the other hand if she did know she was the carrier of ALD then, yes OF COUSRE I would be infuriated. But lets be real now, who in their right mind would have a child knowing they had the disease. If you found out that you were a the gene carrier for a deadly disease, such as ALD and your child had the disease, would you do the same as Lorenzo’s parents and further research the disease to find possible cures? Or would you let all the doctors do the work? And im also curious to see the responses for this one….Do you actually think that the doctors are trying as hard as the parents to find a cure? Does having a child with the disease make you want to try hard as humanly possible?
 
Hmmm, i tihnk this is getting way off topic, but what the heck....i would probably react the same way that Lorenzos parents did...first take the word of the doctors, and then eventually take matters into my own hands.
i do not believe the doctors are trying as hard as they could, and i believe that having a child with the disease makes you want to try as hard as humanly possible. Having a child with this disease gives you the driving willpower that Lorenzos parents had, and even though the doctors may have the patients best interests in mind, they might not have that driving willpower, or they might have their own agendas.

Question: Aside from ALD, what are several other mutations that occur in humans, good or bad?
 
Hey! Its tink! When i searched human mutations this website was the frist one. Its about a girl who got catus thorns stuck in her and now has some sort of mutation thingy where she is turning into a catus!!! Now that is sick. I would never want to turn into a plant. She is even growing thorns! EW!!Next it talks bout a boy covered in hair. Head to toe. Well Mr J we know you dont have this disease. Atleast this kid lives in a remote place. The neighbors say he looks like a talking monkey. Now how about this one. Being a 19 year old who looks like a old person.Now that is just sad. I would never want that. The bodies of people with this mutation grow old really quickly, so they get heart problems at like 13 and could die before 20 just of old age. I know these may not tecnically be mutations but hey google says they are. Hmmmm now for my question... Well since i pretty much named bad mutations, What are some good mutations out there in the world? Even if they may be good ,would you want them?

o yeah! almost forgot heres the like to the website. I hope this is ok. I was a little confused.
 
its tink again! oops forgot to respond to what bryophyte said. I would honestly do what my child wanted but still find ways to help other kids who might get the disease but have not yet. I would not want my child to go through all of this pain if he didn't want to. And in Lorenzo's case, his brain would never be any better so I would do what my child wanted.
Yeah hopefully this time I finished all the requirements.
 
Err... i couldn't find any websites on any good mutations.... Thanks nicole -_- If there were any good mutations i wouldn't want it because it would just seem weird. Even if it were good it could still have an effect on your body so no i'd rather be a normal human being. All right so my question is if you were the parent of an ALD child would you let the child die or try to do everything in your power to save them?! Why or why not?!
 
If I was the parent of an ALD child, I would let the child die. I would probably let the child live until they start having "problems". It would cause the child less pain to get it over fast. I agree with what geneeee said about the mutations. Even if there are good ones, I would just want to be normal. My question is would you let your kid that has ALD be a guinea pig for experiments to find some cures for it? Why or why not?
 
Umm...I'm not sure how to answer that question. To some degree, I would like to help my child. But I know at the same time that my chid would be suffering. I would rather put the end to my child's suffering in any way possible. I would try numerous options to solve the pain and at the same time try to help them, but if all attempts fail, maybe it would be better if my child was put to rest. (I don't want it to sound like I am killing my child, but in a way that would be the last option for solving the pain.)

Question: How would you react when you found out that you or your spouse carried ALD and passed to your child? Would continue to have children hoping that the ALD will not be a reoccuring problem? Why or why not?

Click Here
 
okay...I'll answer the eso's question because they beat me to the punch.

I would not consider calling my child the guinea pig. But I would be willing to try new things after a great amount of research and I was completely aware of the consequences. I would do this to only help my child not worsen their condition.

Question: How would you react when you found out that you or your spouse carried ALD and passed to your child? Would continue to have children hoping that the ALD will not be a reoccuring problem? Why or why not?

Click Here
 
Well if i was to find out that I had passed ALD to my child i would feel like the whole thing was all my fault.This is because I would know I was the cause of the disease in there body.I would continue hoping that the ALD would not reoccur. ALthough if for some reason I was to pass it to more then one of my children I think I may just give up.This is because it isn't fair for me to put me and my husband through that multiple times.

http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/adrenoleukodystrophy/adrenoleukodystrophy.htm

Question: What do you think is a good way to help parents with a child with ALD? Should they attend some kind of counceling to help them?
 
mr johnson this is pretty confusing.

Question: How would you react when you found out that you or your spouse carried ALD and passed to your child? Would continue to have children hoping that the ALD will not be a reoccuring problem? Why or why not?

If i had a child with ALD i would be so upset.Yes i would i dont knwo what i would do if i couldnt have a normal child. I cant even imagine it. Ive always wanted kids it hurt knowning i dont have a normal child. But it donest run in my family so i doubt it will happen. Even if i did ALD is not a death snetence anymore.


ALD can be cured if found early enough




Questtion: Do you know of anyone that has ALD,or have a family member with it or know of anyone who knows anyone with it?
If so then how have they dealt with it? If not then would you treat a family member different if they had ALD?
 
i think that there should be some sort of counseling to help parents deal with having a kid with ALD because im just guessing but i think that it would a little hard to deal with. and i think that they should inform more people about this disease so they would know to check for it. so back to mutations, is ALD a mutation or is something just not working right?if it is a mutation maybe they can find a way to demutate you. like befor you are are born like cause ypou find out that you can pass the disease to your kid so they do something to your genes to take it out.
this is kinda how i feel
 
I don't know anyone with ALD. If a family member had ALD i would try not to treat them any differently, but probably would treat them bettre than someone without it.
no one responded with any good mutations, so i will.
Click Here
It describes mutations that create resistance to atherosclerosis and immunity to HIV.
Are scientists working on inserting mutated genes such as these into people's bodies that have diseases such as HIV?
 
No i don't know anyone that has ALD, nor do I know of anyone that knows someone with it. I would probably be as nice as possible to a family member with ALD. I would do whatever they wanted within my power. I would also be more understanding, and help them with all of their peoblems. I would make it so that they could enjoy what time they had left, if they couldn't be cured. I would also try to look into this disease to better understand it and hopefully be able to follow the right steps to prevent it from worsening.

Disease Attack! What now?


Question: If someone you knew, even someone you didn't particularly like, were diagnosed with an unknown life threatening disease and had less than two years to live like ALD might do, what would you do? How would you act to the person now with their new found condition? Would you try to find a cure? Or would you just say "It's not my problem..." and walk away???
 
answeriing py's question...

im not sure I would find a cure if someone i knew developed a life threateniing disease but my attitude towards them would change.honestly, I hear people develop diseases ocassionally, but im not a doctor so I dont think it would be my place or in my capability to find a cure. What i would do is help this peron make the most out of however much time they had left to live. That's something that anybody could do, but it would make a difference. Even if i didn't "like" them i would still make an effort to be a positive influence and someone thats just there for them. So in this case i wouldn't be just walking away and saying its not my problem.
py's link was to a website that showed things that can help people with serious heart disease and some things that one could do to help the situation. it talked about the right steps to take if there's no cure.

Genetic mutation linked to higher risk of Parkinson's disease
 
Well, finding a cure for a not so well know disease and having no medical training or knoledge seems a little out there as being impossiable unless I am in a movie. I would indeed look up the disease and find information on it. I would try to act normal since I don't like being treated differantly because of my situation.

Being nice to a person with ALD is required. I would research more to find out possiable cures, clinics, and home treatments. Finding a cure is just impossiable to do and I wouldn't experiment on my boy. I would be around that person more if he had a disease to give him more company. You don't see many people when your home all the time.

http://addisons.org.au/core.htm?page=/content/otherarts/oa_adrenoleukodystrophy.htm

This artical is about a mom discussing her son's disease, ALD, and how she dealt with it. She wanted the best for her son and researched alot on the disease. The boys are more stable than Lorenzo and are on a low fat diet.

Would you try to find a cure for a rare and deathly disease?
How far would you go in trying to find a cure or a treatment to slow down the effect of the disease?
If someone you do not know as well had a death sentence because of a disease, would you fight as hard for them as if it was your family?
 
okay so i don't really understand what im supposed to be doing in this blog. i thought i did, but i don't. but im gonna answer the three ?'s that were asked below me. I hope thats righttt.

1. I don't believe that cloning animals for their meat, skin, or fur is ethical. I think it's wrong, selfish, and cruel. It's one thing to take from an animal that isn't cloned; we do this everyday in providing provisions for our basic needs, but cloning an animal just for this seems immoral. I also feel that cloning in general is just wronggg.

2. No I would not buy food products if I knew that they were derived by a cloned animal. I'm not going to support something that I disagree with.

3. Yes, I definitely feel that products from cloned animals should be labeled because if someone like myself feels that this is morally wrong, and also wrong in the sense that something could go wrong during the cloning and create an epidemic because of the mutation that could occur during the cloning process, then I feel like the food should definitely be labeled. Butttt, going back to the first statement, I do not feel that food derived from cloned animals should be on the shelf anyway.



Question for the next personaaa:
1. If you knew that you could receive a large sum of money, and you owned animals that could be helpful in the food industry, would you allow them to be cloned, knowing that a mutation could occur during this process?
 
I didn't get to read all the comments in between, but I find it amusing that the topic somehow got from animal cloning to ALD... Anyway, on to the questions.

I'm honestly not sure what would happen if someone I knew was diagnosed with ALD. I don't mean to be prejudiced, but I'd probably be more concerned if they were someone in my family or one of my friends. If it was just another person I'd just be like "wow that sucks (quarter, i know)." But if I knew them the reality of it might hit me harder. At first I would definitely do anything I could to help them get by and find a cure. But after a certain point, even though I love them, I just wouldn't be able to look at them suffering like that. Besides, like they said in the movie, the damage can't be reversed, so there wouldn't be much point in trying to keep them alive in such a pitiful state. I would definitely help in the search for a cure though.

Jackie's comment was interesting too- I didn't know there was anything that made you completely immune to diseases like HIV.

Question:
If there is a mutation that helps against HIV, are there ones for other diseases as well? If scientists can replicate so many other things, could they potentially clone this gene and use it in some sort of vaccine for HIV?
 
and by the way my post doesnt really match up... i guess i was being really slow and 3 other people posted while i was doing mine :)
 
If someone I knew, even someone I didn't particularly like, were diagnosed with an unknown life threatening disease and had less than two years to live like ALD might do, at first I would probably be a little depressed. Now that I know what ALD does to someone I wold never wish that on my worst enemy. Now with their new found condition I probably would act differently. I have gone through some like this before, even though it not being as serious as ALD, but I would act kinder towards them and make a note to say hi or try to talk to them more often. I do not think I would try to find a cure because I think finding a cure were be in better hands if it were left to doctors. If I did not trust the doctors or felt that it was going no where I think I would look into the disease but probably not seriously try to cure it. Iwould not just say "It's not my problem..." and walk away.
After answering this question and watching Lorenzo's Oil I realized how precious your health is and to never hold grudges.You never know what is going to happen and shoould always want to stay positive.

Click Here

Question: How do you think Lorenzo would have acted towards his mother if he knew that she was the gene carrier of ALD? How would you deal with that situation if you found out that the diasease you were dying from was from a parent?
 
I think that Lorenzo would still be nice to his mother and not really care. I mean he would care about his disease (obviously) but he would not have cared about his mother giving it to him. If it was me, I would not have cared because I know that she had no control over it at all. I know that my parent would feel gulity about giving it to me, but they shouldn't because they had no control over the situation.
My link is about how parents maybe all to get rid of the chance of passing on deadly diseases to their children. Sorry that they do not match up again ( I didn't do it on purpose!)

Question: If you were diagnosed with a life threatening disease, would you try to solve it by dedicating what could be your last years alive searching for an answer or would you just live the rest of your life to the fullest?
 
oh.. okay well my blog probably doesn't make any sense because I was answering py's post. Everyone answered at once so i guess i was the slowest. So I was answering py's not eye's.. haha it rhymes..okay byeeeee =)
 
Answering Maggie's question:
Good Question question, I was thinking about in my head when watching Lorenzo's Oil. If I were diagnosed with a life threatening disease, I would definitely learn as much about the disease as possible and then make an educated decision reguearding if I would have a chance to save myself with prior knowledge we scientists about the disease and how long i had to live.Though after making my decision to either live life to the fullest or finding a cure I would fully dedicate myself to only that.

I know I never really directly answered your question so most likely I would live life to the fullest because we all are going to die eventually and I think it would be better to live a happy life than live through horrible last years of life because I couldn't give in.

After reading a couple other postings, I didn't have enough time to read them all, I think it is amazing how the topic of Mutation changed to Lorenzo's Oil. I thought that Py. had a really great question and i like the responses i read to it.I also found that Gaby P's link was pretty interesting because i really didn't know if there was a cure or not for ALD. I haven't seen the end of the movie yet, though I'm guessing he dies =(. I bet the two parents research helped find the cure.

Make A Wish
Make-A-Wish Foundation fulfill any wishes to children with deadly diseases. The link is too some of the recent wishes kids made.

Question: Imagine you had a life threatening disease and you have decided to live the last years of your life to the fullest. If you were to make any wish provided by the Make-A-Wish-Foundation, what would it be?
 
aight

this imy extra credit for this blog

this has gone off-topic but ill go along anyway
to answer maggies question, id probably live life to the fullest knowing that i was going to die anyway. I think that that was a great question, cuz in the movie. Lorenzo cant really do anything, and his parents kno he is going to die but they try to save him anyway. But the thing is is that it could also help every ALD child after. so its hard to decide whether to live life to the fullest or try to use the rest of ur life to find a cure.

When i first looked at this blog on monday and i saw bt's post. i almost died laughing, but mr.j put it back on track, and now we are talking about a movie. =D

My website is about homemade cures that people have made for cancer and AIDS etc. i dont think that these work, but like lorenzos parents, they tried.

Question!!!
If somebody in your family was diagnosed with a disease that says they only have 6 months to live. how far would you go to try to help him/her. Would u try to create a cure, or would u just leave it to the doctors since he/she is going to die anyway?
 
i dont know how the whole lorenzo thing started and considering that i havent seen any of the movie im taking my best guess.


Question: Of course i would everything humanly possible to save who ever was dying in my family although i do have some restrictions. If it was my mom or my sisters or my dad i was spend all of time trying to find a way to make them better. If it was my grandma i would still try to help but i would probably take the back seat and let nature take its path. I would definitly try to create a cure but considering that im a kid and lorenzo has his parents working for him i dont know if what i would do could compare to what they could do but in general i definitly would try to help.

I liked th's post for the remedies. I do believe that if someone was sick in your family that you should try and do whatever you could find from experimental test to completely bogus remedies. I know i would.

Question for the next person: If you had a disease like lorenzo's but found out about it later in your life like 20's lets say, what would you do with your life? Would you want to take the back seat and let the doctor's do the work or would you try and figure something out on your own? Would ask your family to help get you better? Would you tell your family or just go off and do your own thing and die whenever your time ended?
 
LORENZO'S OIL is the best movie ever!!!!! =]]
 
**This is my extra credit...

oops...i didnt mean to post that by itself..but anyway..to answer ohmmmm's question: Well if you had ALD like Lorenzo wouldnt there have been obivous symptoms by your 20s?? But lets say i did...umm i'm personally not the type of person to let people decide things for me.. like telling me "you have (x) amount of time left to live"...thats not going to happen...soo i would definitely try to figure something out on my own. I would expect my family to want to help out in any way possible soo i would gladly accept their help..I would tell my family because i would feel more comfortable in the entire situation having people i know and love there to support me. I think if i just did my own thing without saying anything that would be stupid on my part especially if the support is there.

Question: Say you were a parent of an ALD child..and you found out that YOU just so happened to be the carrier of it..how would you react? would your tell your child, if he/she survived, when he/she got older? And also....if you realized that what the doctors were suggesting wasnt working..would you complain but keep going along with it..or would you complain and also try to do some research of your own, and figure out what the problem is????
 
Hey Mr.J, heres my ectra credit =]


Well Carnivore, i wouldn't be so cheerfull about Lorenzo's Oil, it is a very powerful well made movie, but so far not worth being so happy about.. Anyway, great questions, however according to the movie, i can't be a carrier of ALD because I'm a male, but let's just say i was a woman for now. And it wouldn't be a he/she situation, it would only be passed on to my son, since im pretty sure only males can get it. I would definately talk to many doctors about the risk of passing it on, and i wouldn't have a child if i knew i was the carrier for sure. I might adopt depnding on how badly i wanted a child. If my child had ALD and was on a treatment that wasn't quite working, or was harmful i would definately do more research but might be a little more trusting of the doctors than the parents were int he movie. If i found a problem in the treatment like the parents did then i would do just as they did and check with other doctors and then put my child on the new treatment.

1. If your son had ALD and couldn't breathe, eat, or live on his own, and was just kept alive by machines and hope, would you let him live as long as possible, or would you stop the suffering?

2. If you were pregnant with a boy and then found out you were a carrier of ALD would you have an abortion or risk the chance of it being passed on to your son?
 
good morning.
the show was great last night!
if you didn't see it
go see urinetown this weekend

:)

hj
 
If i had a son and he had ALD and couldn't breathe, eat, or live on his own, and was just kept alive by machines and hope, i wouldn't let him live as long as possible because he would be in so much pain and i don't want him to suffer.

If i was pregnant with a boy and then i found out i was a carrier of ALD i would probably have an abortion. I don't want him to suffer and i don't want to suffer either becasue its hard to loose sum one when you know them for years instead of losing before you meet them.


QUESTION- If u had a daughter and you know that you are a carrier of ALD and knowing that your daughter is a ALD carrier and she was pregnant with a boy would you let her know that her son could have ALD? WHY or WHY not?
 
i agree 100% with maleeha. well maybe not the abortion thing (im against it. would look at the statistics then make an educated desision.
i would so tell my daughter because its not right to hold info that is life changeing.
 
I wouldnt have an abortion i would do my best but would not force the baby to stay alive as long as possible because that is cruel. I dont think anyone should have to live on machines its obvious that they shouldnt be fighting anymore they should just be let go of.


If i had a daughter and i knew she was a carrier i would let her know before she got pregnent. Id do that because that would give her the chance to either adopt a baby or take the risk of having a baby with ALD.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?