09 March 2008
Postings are due by midnight 14 March
Postings Period One
Comments:
<< Home
yeayy first
1. Sure, I think researching this topic is worth it. If we can't change our lifestyles to use less water, then we should find a way to get more water. Looking at the advances we've made in other areas, I'm sure harnessing these bacteria will be possible.
2. Even though I like the idea, it probably wouldn't be ethical, since it is still interfering with nature.
3. If we want to increase food production, we should deal with the consequences. Humans will have to adapt to the addition of a new disease into their environment.
4. Another issue... I'd have to go with global warming :) This issue is very important to me because according to scientists it will have drastic effects on the world within our lifetimes.
I'll get the link in another post- internet's having problems for some reason.
1. Sure, I think researching this topic is worth it. If we can't change our lifestyles to use less water, then we should find a way to get more water. Looking at the advances we've made in other areas, I'm sure harnessing these bacteria will be possible.
2. Even though I like the idea, it probably wouldn't be ethical, since it is still interfering with nature.
3. If we want to increase food production, we should deal with the consequences. Humans will have to adapt to the addition of a new disease into their environment.
4. Another issue... I'd have to go with global warming :) This issue is very important to me because according to scientists it will have drastic effects on the world within our lifetimes.
I'll get the link in another post- internet's having problems for some reason.
1. yes this topic is definetly worth reaserching. we will be able to control flooding and droughts so less disasters happen. in the future we may even be able to control other types of weather.
2. I like the idea of controling the weather its not very ethical because its tampering with mother nature.
3.After hearing that the bacteria my cause disease i think we should develop different methods. For the olympics in china this summer i have heard that they will be using iodine to freeze the water vapor and cause it to fall sooner.
4. Scince we are on the topic of the controlling the weather i think another important issue is hurricanes and tornadoes because they kill thousands of people each year. if we could prevent them the benefits would be huge.
Prventing Hurricanes
this site just so happens to be another blog by some dude named jason random. he talks about preventing hurricanes using the silver iodine thing that china is using in the olympic games. this site was helpful even though his blog isnt as good as yours mr.j
2. I like the idea of controling the weather its not very ethical because its tampering with mother nature.
3.After hearing that the bacteria my cause disease i think we should develop different methods. For the olympics in china this summer i have heard that they will be using iodine to freeze the water vapor and cause it to fall sooner.
4. Scince we are on the topic of the controlling the weather i think another important issue is hurricanes and tornadoes because they kill thousands of people each year. if we could prevent them the benefits would be huge.
Prventing Hurricanes
this site just so happens to be another blog by some dude named jason random. he talks about preventing hurricanes using the silver iodine thing that china is using in the olympic games. this site was helpful even though his blog isnt as good as yours mr.j
1.Yes, the topic is efinitely worth further researching. Many natural may be stopped, and a lot of lives could be saved. I think anything is possible in the future!
2.The idea might not be ethical since we would be interfering with nature.
3.I don't think it is worth it. If people have been dealing with low rainfall, why take a risk and put others in danger?
4.Air Pollution
Air polltuion is a huge problem today, and it is still growing. More ways should be developed to filter our air from harmful substances.
This issue is very important to me since my sister has asthma. She could have a serious attack due to pollution and I would hate to see that happen.
2.The idea might not be ethical since we would be interfering with nature.
3.I don't think it is worth it. If people have been dealing with low rainfall, why take a risk and put others in danger?
4.Air Pollution
Air polltuion is a huge problem today, and it is still growing. More ways should be developed to filter our air from harmful substances.
This issue is very important to me since my sister has asthma. She could have a serious attack due to pollution and I would hate to see that happen.
this topic is worth continued research. we would be alble to solve many problems. i think that one day we will be albe to control precipatation
Whether it is moral or unethical depends on the circumstances. by controlling precipatation we could be able to control droughts, flooding, and other natural disasters. However this could also be used as a weapon of war and then it would be unethical.
i think if we tested it out in a secluded area the risk would be much smaller. we would just need to study it more and then we would be able to combat the bacteria.
i think that we should investigate global warming. it is a large issue and it is pretty important to me.
Click Here
Whether it is moral or unethical depends on the circumstances. by controlling precipatation we could be able to control droughts, flooding, and other natural disasters. However this could also be used as a weapon of war and then it would be unethical.
i think if we tested it out in a secluded area the risk would be much smaller. we would just need to study it more and then we would be able to combat the bacteria.
i think that we should investigate global warming. it is a large issue and it is pretty important to me.
Click Here
1. Yes I think the research should continue. It is definately possible. There have been so many other great accomplishments in science that achieving this is possible.
2. It would't be ethical, I think. We'd be messing with the natural forces of the earth, and that's not right.
3. I think that the risk should be taken. If there's low rainfall, life is already hard, and I would risk the super flu in hope of a much improved lifestyle.
4. Soundkeeper
This is a link to the organization Soundkeeper. This organization helps preserve and protect the Long Island Sound water supply. Waste has been leaking into the water of the Sound, and these people clean it up and educate people on how to prevent this from happening.
2. It would't be ethical, I think. We'd be messing with the natural forces of the earth, and that's not right.
3. I think that the risk should be taken. If there's low rainfall, life is already hard, and I would risk the super flu in hope of a much improved lifestyle.
4. Soundkeeper
This is a link to the organization Soundkeeper. This organization helps preserve and protect the Long Island Sound water supply. Waste has been leaking into the water of the Sound, and these people clean it up and educate people on how to prevent this from happening.
1.) yes it is worth researching, it could change our lives, and its necesarryily going to happen but we could research it to see if it should happen or not
2.) In my opinion it may not be ethical because its intefering with something we normally couldnt control.
3.) We would have to find out alot about this disease before we tried it because the risk may be too much.
4.)Pollution in the ocean.http://library.thinkquest.org/CR0215471/ocean_pollution.htm
2.) In my opinion it may not be ethical because its intefering with something we normally couldnt control.
3.) We would have to find out alot about this disease before we tried it because the risk may be too much.
4.)Pollution in the ocean.http://library.thinkquest.org/CR0215471/ocean_pollution.htm
i think that people should do further research and i do think that in the future we could control the weather, it might not be that good but i think that we could. im pretty sure it is moral and ethical, we would use it to make places better, but you dont know what kind of effect it would have on the atmosphere.i do not think that it is worth the risk. it it causes some intense crazy disease then i think that it would be really bad. i think that the pollution of the oceans should be researched.Click Here
1. This topic is worth continued research. Who knows what is possible in the future. I believe it would be possible to control the precipitation.
2. If we were in dire situations maybe it would be ethical but it could easily turn around on us and definetly be unethical.
3. The chance for a new super flu would be too great. If the bateria causes diaseases it should not be used on our environment.
4. A problem that we should investigate would have to be global warming. The environmental problem would effect me because who knows how our world would change. If global warming does not stop the world become something dangerous and life threatening. Click Here
2. If we were in dire situations maybe it would be ethical but it could easily turn around on us and definetly be unethical.
3. The chance for a new super flu would be too great. If the bateria causes diaseases it should not be used on our environment.
4. A problem that we should investigate would have to be global warming. The environmental problem would effect me because who knows how our world would change. If global warming does not stop the world become something dangerous and life threatening. Click Here
1.i think this topic is definetly worth researching because it could solve many problems now and in the future.
2.i think it is ethical and moral because it could help people in many ways...for example in a drought situation.
3.its definatley not worth the risk if it could cause harm in any way
4. Global Warming is a very seroius issue that i think isnt being focused on enough by the world...the heating of our planet could lead to more serouis problems than what we are facing today.This Site. talks about what could really happen to our planet due to global warming and tells someways everyone can help with the issue
2.i think it is ethical and moral because it could help people in many ways...for example in a drought situation.
3.its definatley not worth the risk if it could cause harm in any way
4. Global Warming is a very seroius issue that i think isnt being focused on enough by the world...the heating of our planet could lead to more serouis problems than what we are facing today.This Site. talks about what could really happen to our planet due to global warming and tells someways everyone can help with the issue
1. No, I do not think that it is a topic worth research. We should find ways to conserve water, instead of ending up buying it from some water tyrant/tycoon.
2. No, it would not be moral or ethical to be used because it could be used as a weapon to cause dryspells over oposing forces, or one's own people for tax or something bad.
3. I think if there is even the slightest chance of a SUPER FLU, this should not be allowed by anyone. I think the whole thing is just a bad idea.
4. The biggest environmental problem that I think we should be focusing on is non hybrid cars. We need to act soon to make more, extremely efficient hybrids, and eventually HYDROGEN cars, because we're going to run out of oil sometime or another and globab warming-like everyone else who posted said-is only getting worse. Who remembers the gas prces being $4-$5 just recently??? Who remembers the gas lines in the '70s??? is history domomed to repeat itself? Hummer Extinction
2. No, it would not be moral or ethical to be used because it could be used as a weapon to cause dryspells over oposing forces, or one's own people for tax or something bad.
3. I think if there is even the slightest chance of a SUPER FLU, this should not be allowed by anyone. I think the whole thing is just a bad idea.
4. The biggest environmental problem that I think we should be focusing on is non hybrid cars. We need to act soon to make more, extremely efficient hybrids, and eventually HYDROGEN cars, because we're going to run out of oil sometime or another and globab warming-like everyone else who posted said-is only getting worse. Who remembers the gas prces being $4-$5 just recently??? Who remembers the gas lines in the '70s??? is history domomed to repeat itself? Hummer Extinction
1. I think researching the topic could be somewhat worth it. I mean, you could research anything and it would be worth it because you are taking initiative to inquire about information that you are not knowledgeable on.
2. To be totally honest, I do not feel as though this would be a good idea to pursue. Let nature take its course. It has for the past 2008 + years and I think that we should let it be.
3. I don't think this is a good idea to pursue at all, let alone if it could cause disease. Just like I said before, we should just let nature take its course. We should not be messing with different bacteria that could help crops. There are a lot of substitutes that could take the place of nature that have been introduced in the past, but we really couldn't be calling nature nature if we refer to substitutes. So once again, I do not feel that we should be using these bacteria especially if disease could be caused by them.
4. Another wordly issue that I feel is very imperative and needs to be focussed on, as it is, is gas. It's everywhere, everyday and it is an issue. If we do not find a substitute for gas, the world, not only america, is going to be in for a fatal future. Hybrid cars are great, but eventually gas is going to be non-existent and as its availability continues to lessen, the price of it is going to rise and everyone will be buying bicylcles !
LONG ENTRY MUCHHH ? :)
2. To be totally honest, I do not feel as though this would be a good idea to pursue. Let nature take its course. It has for the past 2008 + years and I think that we should let it be.
3. I don't think this is a good idea to pursue at all, let alone if it could cause disease. Just like I said before, we should just let nature take its course. We should not be messing with different bacteria that could help crops. There are a lot of substitutes that could take the place of nature that have been introduced in the past, but we really couldn't be calling nature nature if we refer to substitutes. So once again, I do not feel that we should be using these bacteria especially if disease could be caused by them.
4. Another wordly issue that I feel is very imperative and needs to be focussed on, as it is, is gas. It's everywhere, everyday and it is an issue. If we do not find a substitute for gas, the world, not only america, is going to be in for a fatal future. Hybrid cars are great, but eventually gas is going to be non-existent and as its availability continues to lessen, the price of it is going to rise and everyone will be buying bicylcles !
LONG ENTRY MUCHHH ? :)
I do not think that this topic is worth more research. I think controlling precipitation is possible in the future but I don't think that it is right.
I do not think that it is moral/ethical only if they make us pay for the it.
I think that we could test out the rain with the diseases and see how bad or if they are bad at all. Make some people try it out. Just do not do it until you perfect it.
I think we should investigate with the holes in the ozone layer. If we can make it rain we can certainly patch up the ozone layer.
Click Here
I do not think that it is moral/ethical only if they make us pay for the it.
I think that we could test out the rain with the diseases and see how bad or if they are bad at all. Make some people try it out. Just do not do it until you perfect it.
I think we should investigate with the holes in the ozone layer. If we can make it rain we can certainly patch up the ozone layer.
Click Here
I think that this research should be continued because it could have a really positive effect...but just like anything else, there's probably a negatve effect as well. I'm almost positive that controllling precipitation will be possible in the future because we've already made so many advancements im sure that there will be a lot more to come.
If it was ever achieved it prob wouldn't ne moral/ethical because of the whole messing with Mother Nature problem...but it coud be really useful if it was used the right way.
If the bacteria may cause diseases then I dont think that it would be worth actually using it...not until more research is done anyway.
Oil, gas and solution salt mining in New York state is a local environmental problem because of how much energy we use and the fact that it affects the climate. It is linked to me because I contribute somehow to this issue because my family and I use gas and oil for everyday things.
Oil, Gas and Solution Salt Mining in New York State
If it was ever achieved it prob wouldn't ne moral/ethical because of the whole messing with Mother Nature problem...but it coud be really useful if it was used the right way.
If the bacteria may cause diseases then I dont think that it would be worth actually using it...not until more research is done anyway.
Oil, gas and solution salt mining in New York state is a local environmental problem because of how much energy we use and the fact that it affects the climate. It is linked to me because I contribute somehow to this issue because my family and I use gas and oil for everyday things.
Oil, Gas and Solution Salt Mining in New York State
1. I think that is definitely a good idea to continue research on this topic. I think that we should find more ways to receive water if necessary, or if we can not back down on our usage of it.
2. I think that it would not be moral due to the fact that it "messing with" mother nature, even though I believe that it is a good idea.
3. I think that we should try it, and if need be we will stop. We are now short on food, so increasing the production of it would be great. If there are minor consequences then we can grow to deal with them.
4. I think we need to do something about global warming. This a huge problem and we are doing close to nothing to solve it in comparison to what the world can do to help solve, or slow down the process of it.
Say No to Global Warming!
2. I think that it would not be moral due to the fact that it "messing with" mother nature, even though I believe that it is a good idea.
3. I think that we should try it, and if need be we will stop. We are now short on food, so increasing the production of it would be great. If there are minor consequences then we can grow to deal with them.
4. I think we need to do something about global warming. This a huge problem and we are doing close to nothing to solve it in comparison to what the world can do to help solve, or slow down the process of it.
Say No to Global Warming!
Looking more into this topic is definitely worth further research. I have no doubt that we could, someday, control precipitation. I don't like the idea of controlling the weather. It doesn't seem moral or ethical. I mean, don't we mess with nature enough already? Although the bacteria may cause disease, it all comes down to what the people would rather have. To me, both sides have their ups and downs. It would cause a disease, of course, but the increased rainfall would result in more crops, which is what we're ultimately going for. I think floods are a good environmental problem to mention, considering our recent weather, and the topic of this blog. The problem isn't significantly and personally affecting me, but it definitely takes a toll on me to think of the past deadly floods.
1.
This topic is worth continued research. In the furture i dont think people will be able to conrtol rain. But the could be able to make it reproduce and give water to places that need it.
2.
I dont understand why it wouldnt be. It would help a lot of people out. It would be only be wrong if they like charged money for it.
3.
Well it wouldnt really be worth it to go through all that work to get rain for the crops when they would be diseased anyway.
4.
We should investigate the amount of pollution. Personally i try not to pollute.
people should try not to pollute
This topic is worth continued research. In the furture i dont think people will be able to conrtol rain. But the could be able to make it reproduce and give water to places that need it.
2.
I dont understand why it wouldnt be. It would help a lot of people out. It would be only be wrong if they like charged money for it.
3.
Well it wouldnt really be worth it to go through all that work to get rain for the crops when they would be diseased anyway.
4.
We should investigate the amount of pollution. Personally i try not to pollute.
people should try not to pollute
1) I do not think it's worth researching. It's not right puting someone in charge of our precipitation. Also, it will allow places to be able to grow crops they were not able to grow before and hurt countries that depended on those places to buy their food. However, i do think it's possible to control precipitation in hte future.
2) This research is not moral or ethical. You should not play with nature.
3) I do not think it's worth the risk of a new disease.
4) an enviromental problem is overpopulation. It's not very important to me, but it may start to cause things like famines.
Click Here
2) This research is not moral or ethical. You should not play with nature.
3) I do not think it's worth the risk of a new disease.
4) an enviromental problem is overpopulation. It's not very important to me, but it may start to cause things like famines.
Click Here
1. Yes i think that this topic is worth researching. If we cant use less water we should find a way to get more water. We have made so many advances in science that i am sure we can harness the bacteria.
2.I do like the idea but i do not think that it is ethical because it is infering with nature.
3.Knowing that the bacteria can cause desieases i think that we should come up with some new methods.
4.I think that another important issue is tornados and hurricanes. People die every year from them. the benifits of preventing these stroms would be crazy.
5.this site shows how you can prevent hurricans by using silver iodine. They are soposadly using it in china for the olympics.
2.I do like the idea but i do not think that it is ethical because it is infering with nature.
3.Knowing that the bacteria can cause desieases i think that we should come up with some new methods.
4.I think that another important issue is tornados and hurricanes. People die every year from them. the benifits of preventing these stroms would be crazy.
5.this site shows how you can prevent hurricans by using silver iodine. They are soposadly using it in china for the olympics.
1. I think this topic is worth researching. In future we might be able to control but i don't think humans should be in charge of our precipitation.
2. In future if control over precipitation was ever achieved i don't think it would be moral or ethical to use it because then we would be interfering with the nature.
3. I don't think it is worth the risk to use the bacteria and make it rain to help crop growth in areas of low rainfall because then there is no point of doing this if people are going to get disease and might die from it.
4. Air pollution
Air pollution is very important to me. It is a huge problem today because of this milions of people have severe asthma and other disease. This link talks about what causes air pollutin, how is it form, the effects of it and more.
2. In future if control over precipitation was ever achieved i don't think it would be moral or ethical to use it because then we would be interfering with the nature.
3. I don't think it is worth the risk to use the bacteria and make it rain to help crop growth in areas of low rainfall because then there is no point of doing this if people are going to get disease and might die from it.
4. Air pollution
Air pollution is very important to me. It is a huge problem today because of this milions of people have severe asthma and other disease. This link talks about what causes air pollutin, how is it form, the effects of it and more.
1. I actually do think that this topic should be continued. I feel that if for some reason humans can't find a way to conserve water or get more of it then I think we have the technology to controll it in the future.
2. I think that if it was used to help, then maybe it would be ethical. Although I feel that this will interfere to much with nature and Im not sure that I like that.
3. I don't think we should take the risk of possibly creating a super flu. Even though making crops grow would be good, I think it is to much of a risk.
4. Another environmental problem is pollution. This is important to me because I have to live in this world and I would prefer that it is clean.
http://www.essortment.com/all/pollutionproble_rmnb.htm
2. I think that if it was used to help, then maybe it would be ethical. Although I feel that this will interfere to much with nature and Im not sure that I like that.
3. I don't think we should take the risk of possibly creating a super flu. Even though making crops grow would be good, I think it is to much of a risk.
4. Another environmental problem is pollution. This is important to me because I have to live in this world and I would prefer that it is clean.
http://www.essortment.com/all/pollutionproble_rmnb.htm
This topic is worth continued research. If it can clean the air, give fresh drinking water, and water farms in poor countries, its worth it.
There is no harm in makeing one spot rain a little more for a good purpose. Selling this technoligy is not right.
Making it rain more using harmful bacteria should be up to the people living there. They could have a vote and take into account the lives lost without water and the lives lost with disease.
I think pollution is a big problem. It contributes to people wearing masks in China and to global warming. Pollution harms people with asthma and the environment.
Click Here
This site talks about how polution is not just only smog, acid rain, and smoke stacks but it is also inside your home.
There is no harm in makeing one spot rain a little more for a good purpose. Selling this technoligy is not right.
Making it rain more using harmful bacteria should be up to the people living there. They could have a vote and take into account the lives lost without water and the lives lost with disease.
I think pollution is a big problem. It contributes to people wearing masks in China and to global warming. Pollution harms people with asthma and the environment.
Click Here
This site talks about how polution is not just only smog, acid rain, and smoke stacks but it is also inside your home.
1. Yes I think this topic deserves more research because it could play a major role in controlling rainfall. And yes controlling rainfall will defiantly be possible sometime in the future, considering how much how technology has expanding in such a short time.
2. Obviously, some people may not find this or any other new scientific advancement ethical, but I feel that if we have the technology and research to achieve it than it is ethical and moral.
3. I think it should be tested more before going on a large scale entrance, but if it was to help economic problems in some areas, I think it would be worth the risk.
4. Air Pollution!
In China
This link is to a video that shows raw footage made by a Chinese worker in Ku Shu China. The video really shows how bad the air pollution is in China up close because of factories. This issue is important to me because the air on the world I live on is being polluted, though personally i am not too effected.
2. Obviously, some people may not find this or any other new scientific advancement ethical, but I feel that if we have the technology and research to achieve it than it is ethical and moral.
3. I think it should be tested more before going on a large scale entrance, but if it was to help economic problems in some areas, I think it would be worth the risk.
4. Air Pollution!
In China
This link is to a video that shows raw footage made by a Chinese worker in Ku Shu China. The video really shows how bad the air pollution is in China up close because of factories. This issue is important to me because the air on the world I live on is being polluted, though personally i am not too effected.
Yes i think the topic is worth researching. i think it could help save lives and prevent devasting diasters. I do think controlling precipitation in the future could be possible with the right technology.
It wouldnt be ethical because we would be messing up the balance of things within nature
I think as soon as it says a new super flu we should take precautions although i do not think in this cause it is worth it.
I think floods are a very important issue. They can be caused by rain or water overflowing and as of now without the right techn ology i dont believe they can be stopped and i do think we should try to stop them. i mean at least try. Persaonally flooding become a problem because it does affect each one of my house holds
This site talks about all the problems flooding has as of now.
It wouldnt be ethical because we would be messing up the balance of things within nature
I think as soon as it says a new super flu we should take precautions although i do not think in this cause it is worth it.
I think floods are a very important issue. They can be caused by rain or water overflowing and as of now without the right techn ology i dont believe they can be stopped and i do think we should try to stop them. i mean at least try. Persaonally flooding become a problem because it does affect each one of my house holds
This site talks about all the problems flooding has as of now.
This topic as most definately worth further research. anything is possible in the future. it's just be a matter of time until we can control precipitation.
i don't think that control over precipitation is ethical. i say to just let it be.
if the bacteria can cause disease then i don't believe that this method is so worth it. instead of helping these scientists may just end up killing the whole population.
OCEAN POLLUTION!!! i feel that this is extremely important. we get a lot of food from the oceans and the oceans make up more than half the earth. it's so very important to keep them clean
i don't think that control over precipitation is ethical. i say to just let it be.
if the bacteria can cause disease then i don't believe that this method is so worth it. instead of helping these scientists may just end up killing the whole population.
OCEAN POLLUTION!!! i feel that this is extremely important. we get a lot of food from the oceans and the oceans make up more than half the earth. it's so very important to keep them clean
no no no no no no ok it is again playing god. im not saying i believe in the the almighty. but i do believe everything has a purpose. so scientists need to knock it off!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23213424/
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23213424/
I think this topic is worth still researching. i think we should find a way to make more water since we cant change our lifestyles to use less water. Looking at the advances we've made in other areas, I'm sure harnessing these bacteria will be possible.
2. Even though I like the idea, it probably wouldn't be ethical, since it is still interfering with nature.
3. If we want to increase food production, we should deal with the consequences. Humans will have to adapt to the addition of a new disease into their environment.
4. i think another problem is global warming. i think this is important because scientists say it will have drastic effects on the world within our lifetimes.
2. Even though I like the idea, it probably wouldn't be ethical, since it is still interfering with nature.
3. If we want to increase food production, we should deal with the consequences. Humans will have to adapt to the addition of a new disease into their environment.
4. i think another problem is global warming. i think this is important because scientists say it will have drastic effects on the world within our lifetimes.
1.This topic is worth continued research. we would be alble to solve many problems. i i have no doubt that one day we will be albe to control precipatation
2.i dont think its right to mess with nature
3.After hearing that the bacteria my cause disease i think we should develop different methods.
4.Pollution in the ocean.
Post a Comment
2.i dont think its right to mess with nature
3.After hearing that the bacteria my cause disease i think we should develop different methods.
4.Pollution in the ocean.
<< Home

