27 April 2008

 

BlogWork is Due by midnight 2 May

Postings Period 1
Comments:
1. I think I would take the risk. For one, it's not a guarantee that I would get the side effects. Plus, if I didn't take it I would have to deal with the cancer and I would probably die anyway, so I'd take 5-FU.

2. Yes, they should do in-depth tests on drugs. They should find out all the possible effects of a drug, good or bad, and make sure it is well known to patients. A patient should take it knowing exactly what may happen without anything unexpected.

3. No, I don't think it should be taken off the marken. To my knowledge, this is pretty much the best drug out there for cancerous tumors, and anything else would not work well enough. It should be up to the patient whether they want to risk the effects or not.

4. Phentermine is an appetite suppressant. It's serious side effects include feeling short of breath, swelling, rapid weight gain, chest pain, fast or uneven heartbeat, unusual thoughts or behaviors, and dangerously high blood pressure. I don't think the FDA should have approved this drug. Those side effects are very serious and they aren't even all of them. Plus, this drug is supposed to be an appetite suppressant for weight loss, and a side effect is rapid weight gain. Kind of contradictory if you ask me.
 
1. I believe that I would take the drug even though there are high risks. Either way you may be battling with life or death situations so its a relatively good reason to take the medication.

2. Yes, I think that they should definitely do some in-depth tests on the drugs. In doing so this could help them determine the circumstances and precautions that should be taking while the drug is in use. It could also help notify the patient about possible side effects.

3. I think that it should be left on the market because more people will then know that it is a possible option. Leaving it there gives people the choice and thats what they want. In the end its up to the patient whether they want to deal with the effects or not.

4. Idarubicin is a drug used to increase bone marrow production and it is part of chemotherupy and it is used for those battling leukemia and cancer. It causes a vast amount of side effects such as: Severe allergic reactions; changes in vision; chest pain; fainting; infection; irregular heartbeat; numbness of an arm or leg; seizure; serious heart problems (eg, heart failure, serious irregular heartbeat, heart attack); severe stomach pain; sharp or crushing chest pain; sores on the mouth or lips; sudden leg pain; sudden severe headache; sudden shortness of breath; unusual bruising or bleeding. These effects are only some of the many side effects that can occur when someone can use the drug. I don't think that this drug should have been approved because some of its side effects are so severe that it could kill someone.
 
I would take this drug. I would take the risks, because if you dont, you still face cancer. It is a no win situation.

Yes, of course they should do in depth tests. It would find out possible side effects of drugs. We would then be able to tell patients about the side effects. Then we would let them weigh the risks and make an desicision.

No, this drug shouldnt be taken off. as long as people are informed about the side effects, there is no reason to take it off. many people may depend on this drug.it is up to the patient to make an decision on whther to take this drug or not.

Zyprexa
is an antipsychotic drug. It treats symptoms of diseases such as bipolar disorder and schizophrenia. Some side effects are:
fever, stiff muscles, sweating, fast or uneven heartbeats; jerky muscle movements you cannot control; sudden numbness or weakness, especially on one side of the body; sudden headache, confusion, problems with vision, speech, or balance; increased thirst, frequent urination, excessive hunger, or weakness; feeling light-headed, fainting;
unusual thoughts or behavior, hallucinations, or thoughts about hurting yourself; or nausea, stomach pain, low fever, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes). dizziness, drowsiness, or weakness; constipation; dry mouth; swelling in your hands or feet; back pain;
weight gain, increased appetite; or
upset stomach.

The FDA shouldnt have approved this drug. It has many serious side effects that could easily change someones life.
 
uh the link doesnt work in my post here it is again:

www.zyprexa.com/index.jsp
 
1.I would probably take the risk even though i know the side effects. Of course it would depend on the type of cancer and tumor(s). So if I'm going to die from the cancer why not take 5-FU to try to live a longer life?

2. I think that the FDA should do additional in-depth testing prior to their approval for the use of dangerous medicines as treatments for diseases. The more testing the better the results and the less deaths so I think that additional testing is the bets way to go.

3. This drug should not be taken off of the market. It has helped so many people that even though they may carry the side effects with the for the rest of their lives at least they still have there lives.

4.Click Here

Zelnorm. Side effects- severe chest pain, shortness of breath, sudden onset of weakness or difficulty walking or talking, or other symptoms of a heart attack or stroke. The FDA did but now they finally have decided not to sell it any more because they found out the extremely serious side effects. What scares me is that they sent this out to the public saying that it will help them with there problem and now have realized that it could have killed them all.
 
If I had cancer I think it leaves me with no choice, so yes I would use this drug. If I didn't take the drug and continued to live my life without it I would die because I didn't take it, and that's why it is an obvious choice.

Of course they should do more research for this drug so they know all the side effects and what might just happen, but they shouldn't take it off the market. People need this drug to live, and taking it off the market would be killing them quicker than giving it to them.

Zoloft

http://www.drugs.com/zoloft.html

is a common anti-depressent drug used today. It's side effects are seizures (convulsions)
tremors, shivering, muscle stiffness or twitching
problems with balance or coordination; or
agitation, confusion, sweating and fast heartbeat. I do think this drug should have been approved because it is helping many people world wide with their problems.
 
I would deffinately take the risk to take 5-FU. Side effets arent guarteed and to save my life i would risk lesser dangerous health issues.
It sounds like they found out most of the side effects of this drug already, but yes they should do some more in depth tests to inform the many users of this drug what may happen.
It should not be taken off the market at all because though it is doing very dangerous side effects to some people it is saveing many other people's lives. They also aren't that many other treatments for the deadly disease of cancer.

Claritin D
is a very common drug used to treat allergy symptons. It side effects are Asthenia, back pain, blurred vision, chest pain, conjunctivitis, earache, ear infection, eye pain, fever, flu-like symptoms, leg cramps, lymphadenopathy, malaise, photophobia, rigors, tinnitus, viral infection, weight gain.
 
1. I think I would use this drug if I found out that I had cancer. The side-effects are severe, but I guess I would have to be actually faced with the situation to decide whether or not I would risk memory loss, seizures, etc. If something bad was going to occur anyway, poor concentration would be much better than death.

2. The FDA should definitely do more research and testing before approving treatments for disease. The more they test on different things, the more we know how bad the side effects are.

3. No, it shouldn't be taken off the market. A lot of people are willing to do anything to stay alive, and is good to know that they have an option. Patients should decide if they want to use the drug or not as long as they know all the possible side effects.

4. Paroxetine
is a drug used to treat symptoms of anxiety disorder,OCD, panic disorder, and post-traumatic stress disorder. It is very controversial and has side effects such as suicidal ideation and withdrawal syndrome.
Paroxetine was the first antidepressant formally approved in the United States for the treatment of panic attacks.
I do not think the FDA should have approved the drug. It has very serious side effects that could cause a patient to feel a lot worse.
 
1. i would want to get better, not worse. so i wouldn't want to take the risk.

2. they definately should do some more in depth teats on every drug that's sent to them before they approve it to make sure they're 100 percent sure the drug will do more good than bad

3. yes. it should be taken off the masket until proven safe. when it's proven safe then at least people won't have to deal with these side effects.

4. Nuerontin
and here's info from the FDA website
the FDA was fine to approve this drug. the worst that happens if taken as directed is difficulty breathing, closing of the throat, swelling of the lips, tongue, or face and hives. And those are the serious ones. nothiung too life threatening.
 
1. It would definetly depend where i am in life and how serious my case is.
2. Yes i think they should, to help reduce the side effects.
3. No, i think it should be kept available to those who are willing to take the risks, but should not be forced upon those who do not.
4. Fen-phen
Fen-phen this is a weight loss drug that came out about 12 years ago and caused sever heart problems to those who took it.
 
i would probably risk it and take the drug cuz well i'd rather live with the side effects than die. they defenitly should some more reaserch if it is that dangerous. it shouldnt be taken off the market but it should not be looked at as a first option until additional testing has been done.
Lipitor
 
1. Yes. i would take the drug although there maybe be serious consequences because i would rather have serious side affects than die...and if i happened to die then researchers would be able to find out what was wrong witht he pill and try to treat it.

2. I do think that the FDA should do intense testing prior to their approval because people need to know everything about something that goes into their body or at least have the option to....especially if it could be fatal.

3.No, people should be able to chosewhat pills they want to take. as long as they know the side effects it would be fine.

4.Yasmin is a pill to help women get fewer periods (birth control). Its side effects are sudden numbness or weakness, confusion, pain, behind the eyes, problems with vision, speech, or balance; chest pain or heavy feeling, poain spreading to the arm or shoulder, anusea, sweating, general ill feeling; a change in the pattern or severity of migraine headaches; stomach pain, loss of appetite, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes), a breast lump; or symptoms of depression (sleep problems, weakness, mood changes.)also breast pain, tenerness or swelling of the breast; freckles or darkening of facial skin, increased hair growth, or loss of scalp hair; changfes in weight or appetite, swelling of your hands or feet; problems with contact lenses; waginal itching or discharge; or changes in your menstral periods.

Yasmin

This drugged should definatly be approved by the FDA beause women may have serious problems with their menstral cycle or they might not want to bring a baby into the world.
 
1. i would take the risk of using
5-fu if the cancer it was being used to treat wasnt as bad as the side effects...dementia is a really bad side effect

2.the fda should definatley do in depth drug tests before allowing the drug to go on the market..a pateint should have the right to know what can and will happen to them

3.no 5-fu should not be taken off the market becuase it has helped many people and it should be up to the patient if they want to use it or not.

4. zanamivir is a drug that is used to treat type a and be influenza..its side effects are decrease respitory function ,diarrhea, nausea, sinusitis, nasal infections, bronchitis, cough, headache, and dizziness. the fda should have approved the use of this drug because its used to cure influenza and the side effects are not very seroius. Click Here
 
1. Well, it depends on the side effects I got from the cancer itself. The drug might make you live longer, but from the sounds of things the side effects would make me pretty miserable. Besides, if you took 5-FU and got the side effects, you'd have to pay a lot more if you wanted some sort of treatment for the side effects. We're all going to die anyway- sorry to break it to you.

2. Well duh they should test the drugs thoroughly! Would you take a drug that was supposed to cure something but actually made it worse?

3. It should be but it won't. There are too many people who would take the drug despite the risk.

4. Zyprexa is an antipsychotic drug for people with mental illnesses. Side effects include increased risk of diabetes and weight gain. It shouldn't have been approved: as the site mentioned, it's no more effective than the other drugs like it, and it would be bad for someone with mental disabilities to develop diabetes since they can't manage their own life anyway.
 
If i was in a position were i had to make the choice of taking 5-U or not in a possibility that it could save my life i would probably use it. I would take the risk because i would rather try the drug and deal with the side effects then never knowing if 5-U would have worked if i had taken it. However, i would search for and ask my doctor if there were any other possiblities, if any.

The FDA should defintely do in-depth research...there would be no harm in doing so compared to not doing enough research. Making sure drugs are labeled with all the possible side effects helps people make reasonable desicions depending on their situation.

I don't think 5-U should be taken off the market because even though the side effects may be dangerous, this drug could help someone with no more options. Not all the drugs on the market are safe nowadays so if this drug should be restricted from sale then many other drugs should come off too until proven safe. The most important thing is to have all the side effects listed and make sure consumers well are aware as well.

Celebrex
is linked to serious adverse side effects including heart attacks, strokes and Stevens Johnson Syndrome (SJS). These side effects lead to death, but they were only present in very few of the tested people becasue some people are more at risk than others. I think this drug is ok to have been aprroved by the FDA only beacuse there are very few drugs that have effectively treated arthritis pains.
 
i guess i would take the drug. i mean even though there are serious side affects i think living with the tumor is worse because he will cause death. i could maybe not even getthe side effects so it is worth the risk.

of course they should do in-depth tests. i think if they didnt and the drug does ultimately lead to death i believe they would be at fault and if they dont do the tests their may be more serious effects.

I dont think it should be taken off the market but i do think that it should only be kept in hospitals with a doctors permission just so the wrong people get addicted to the drug and also so people dont abuse it.

I chose the drug fentora. it is a drug that is used for breakthrough cancer pain. This drug is kind of like a virus because your body learns to reject it or tolerate and since the pain is so serious you need to up the dosage. This becomes a problem because people up the dosage and then end up overdosing because they dont realize they are taking so much. the FDA has now put a serious warning on the drug not to over use it and only use it under doctor supervision. There have been cases whee people have dies because of overdosing, selecting patients who knew the drug didnt work for them, and substiting fentora with the wrong drug that people were on. I dont think FDA should have improved it because obvisiously the right tests were not so in turn people died but i do think they are doing the right thing by monitoring the drug very closely. i mean they are the ones who putthis high warning out. VERY SERIOUS DRUG!!!
 
1.
If my doctor said i should take it then i would. If my doctor really thinks i shoud do it to save my life then i would.

2.
Yes they definately should. If one of their drugs causes horrible side effects they look uncredible. So they should check them selvesw also for peoples health.

3.
Well i definately dont think people should be taking a drug that coud kill them. But if its the only way they can survive then yes they should probally take it. But it should be the job of the drug producres to make sure it has few minor ones if any.

4.
SINGULAIR
Side effects are generally mild and vary by age, and may include headache, ear infection, sore throat, and upper respiratory infection.


SINGULAIR
Yes i think they should approve it.
Its benefits for SOME people out way the risks.
 
1. I would take the risk. If I didn't treat my cancer I would most likely die whereas 5-FU is just a possibility of getting side effects.
2 More in depth testing should be taking place to inform patients of risks.
3. It should not be taking off the market becasue it is saving people's lives, but patients should be informed of the side effects.
4. Tequin
this drup is used to treat patients with pneumonia, bronchitis, gonarrhea, and other infections. It may cause hypoglycemia-high blood sugar or hyperglycemia-low blood sugar that may cause death. I dont think it should have been approved. it increases your risk of death rather than decrease it.
 
1. Truthfully, I would probably take this drug and would be willing to take the risk. It's a matter of life and death, and if it was up to me, I'd choose life.

2. The FDA should definitely look into these things more deeply. Since it has such a huge impact on the lifestyles of people, it would be necessary to know that everything is approved in an appropriate way.

3. This drug should be on the market still, but patients should know the possible side-effects. And if they are willing to take the risks, then so be it.

4. I think that Zyrtec should be approved by the FDA because although there are several side-effects, the pros of it are very beneficial.
 
1.I honestly dont know if I would take the risk. I think I would want to know more about it before I put myself through those risks. I would definately want more information.
2.I think the FDA should do further testing. Who knows, there could be something about the treatment that might be worse then it can already seem. I think the people deserve to know if the treatment really works because why would they take something that might be harmful to them that may not even work.
3. I feel for the safety of others that it should be taken off the market.
4.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morphine

Some side effects are that this drug is highly addictive. It is a pain killer that can make you incredibly addicted. This drug can also cause constipation and gene expression.
I think it can be ok to approve this drug if it used responsibly. I mean that it can only be used when neccessary. Sometimes patients need pain killers and if it works I feel that it should be used because that drug will seriously work.
 
The drug that I chose was Morphine.
 
1. I would probably take the risk to take 5-FU. If I chose not to take it I would die from cancer anyway.

2. Yes, I think the FDA should do additional in-depth test on this drug because then we know more about the side effects and it will help patients to make right decisions that if they should take this drug or not.

3. No, this drug should not be taken off the market until it is perfected and proven safe. The patients should know about this drug and the doctors should give them the option that if they would like to take the risk and take this drug.

4. AvandiaAvandia have many serious side effects like liver problems, heart failure swelling of the extremities, shortness of breath, and fluid in the lungs, jaundice, fatigue, vomiting, stomach pain, and nausea. FDA did approved the use of this drug but in 2003 when 6 people had heart failure they should had stop selling this drug.
 
1. Although I feel that anyone making this drastic of a decision should be presented with more information, I would take the drug. I know it causes very serious side effects, but come onnn, let's be serious here, if you have a tumor, you're probably going to die anyway. So why not take a chance on something that could prevent this ? So yes, I guess I would be willing to take the risk.

2. I definitely think that the FDA should do additional in depth testing. That is something that should be an automatic, considering the impact that it could have on someone's life if not researched enough to be unharmful.

3. A drug should definitely be taken off of the market until it is proven safe. Leaving a drug on the market that could cause cancer or or some detrimental disease should not be left on shelves retainable by citizens that are just trying to find a cure to an illness or disease. I feel that doing such things is like torturing inasant people, but worst of all, without their knowledge of it even being done.

4. The drug Singulair, an asthma medicine, is currently being accused of causing serious side effects. The side effects of this drug are linked to suicidal thinking and behavior. Other side effects include headache, ear infection, sore throat, and upper respiratory infection. I think that this drug should absolutely not be on the market if it could be the cause of someone's suicide in the past year. I think that is outrageous that any company would keep their product on the market knowing that someone could be taking their life due to consuming the treatment. I'm sure that the FDA would NOT approve a drug such as this. And if they do, America is in for serious problems.
 
good morning
:)
hj
 
good morning
:)
hj
 
1. i would take this drug its a no win situation so why not run the risks

2i do belive that the testing for drugs should be much more than what it is currently

3 i do not believe that it should be taken off the market although its imperfect it can still save lifes

Alosteron (Lotronex) was approved for marketing by the FDA in February, 2000, but was withdrawn from the market in November, 2000, because of serious, life-threatening, gastrointestinal side effects. In June 2002, it was approved again by the FDA for marketing but in a restricted manner as part of a drug company-sponsored program for managing the risks associated with treatment. Use of alosetron is allowed only among women with severe, diarrhea-predominant, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) who have failed to respond to conventional treatment for IBS.
 
1. I think I would use this drug if I found out that I had cancer. The side-effects are severe, but I guess I would have to be actually faced with the situation to decide whether or not I would risk memory loss, seizures, etc. If something bad was going to occur anyway, poor concentration would be much better than death.

2. The FDA should definitely do more research and testing before approving treatments for disease. The more they test on different things, the more we know how bad the side effects are. The worse the side effects the less the chance of using them.

3. No, it shouldn't be taken off the market. A lot of people are willing to do anything to stay alive, and is good to know that they have an option. Patients should decide if they want to use the drug or not as long as they know all the possible side effects.If they dont know all of the side effects it isnt right, they could end up with severe ingury. As long as the know the side effects i think it should stay on the market.

http://www.drugs.com/paroxetine.html
Paroxetine
is a drug used to treat symptoms of anxiety disorder,OCD, panic disorder, and post-traumatic stress disorder. It is very controversial and has side effects such as suicidal ideation and withdrawal syndrome.
Paroxetine was the first antidepressant formally approved in the United States for the treatment of panic attacks.
I do not think the FDA should have approved the drug. It has very serious side effects that could cause a patient to feel a lot worse.
 
1. I think I would take the risk. For one, it's not a guarantee that I would get the side effects. Plus, if I didn't take it I would have to deal with the cancer and I would probably die anyway, so I'd take 5-FU.

Yes, of course they should do in depth tests. It would find out possible side effects of drugs. We would then be able to tell patients about the side effects. Then we would let them weigh the risks and make an desicision

3.No, people should be able to chosewhat pills they want to take. as long as they know the side effects it would be fine.

4.
SINGULAIR
Side effects are generally mild and vary by age, and may include headache, ear infection, sore throat, and upper respiratory infection.


http://www.singulair.com/montelukast_sodium/singulair/consumer/allergies/for_adults/have_prescription/index.jsp?WT.srch=1&WT.mc_id=S25BE
Yes i think they should approve it.
Its benefits for SOME people out way the risks.
 
1. I would weight the decision to see if the healing is worth the risk and side-effects. If I was going to die I would probually try it since I am going to die anyways.

2. I believe the FDA should do sufficient testing that the medicine does not harm you severely.

3. Yes. They should do clinical trials until it is safe.

4.Lexapro is a antidepressant that has very severe and an exstensive amount of side-effects. I believe that this drug should be put off the market and no be aproved because there is other ways to ease depression other than medication.
Lexapro
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?