16 May 2008
Blogs are due by midnight 23 May
Postings Period One
Comments:
<< Home
1. I would definitely want to try living there. I doubt that I could last though. Today it is almost a necessity to use things that require energy and oil. Leaving a place like Wappingers to move to a place like Totnes would be extremely difficult.
2. No, I don't think I could live in a place like Totnes. I think that I would run into some sort of issue. Maybe if I was born in a place like Totnes I could live there. But making a transition from here to there, I don't know. There is too much we see as necessities and letting those things go would be difficult.
3. I have no idea. If this managed to spread then it is possible. Maybe some places will be like this. But as new technology is developed and things change there is a great chance that people are NOT going to want to change their lifestyle or make an effort to change, as sad as it is.
2. No, I don't think I could live in a place like Totnes. I think that I would run into some sort of issue. Maybe if I was born in a place like Totnes I could live there. But making a transition from here to there, I don't know. There is too much we see as necessities and letting those things go would be difficult.
3. I have no idea. If this managed to spread then it is possible. Maybe some places will be like this. But as new technology is developed and things change there is a great chance that people are NOT going to want to change their lifestyle or make an effort to change, as sad as it is.
On living in Totnes, i would try it. this would help save the environment and the earth, so i would give it a try. but i dont think i could really do it. I think it would really hard for me.
I might be able to live in Totnes, but probably only for a while. It would be hard trying to adapt to everything. you problably wont be able to a lot of the things we used to.
totnes could be the world of tommorow, but i dont think so. already we are looking for alternative energy sources and hopefully we will find one. as technology increases, i think we will be able to help the environment without having to resort to this.
I might be able to live in Totnes, but probably only for a while. It would be hard trying to adapt to everything. you problably wont be able to a lot of the things we used to.
totnes could be the world of tommorow, but i dont think so. already we are looking for alternative energy sources and hopefully we will find one. as technology increases, i think we will be able to help the environment without having to resort to this.
I think it would be cool to live in Totnes. Like some other people mentioned, it would be tough transitioning away from all the stuff that we have come to think of as necessities. I might miss these things at first but I'd probably get used to not having them after a while.
I think I could live there if I really tried. Food wouldn't be a problem, seeing as my brother describes me as a dumpster sometimes since I eat just about anything :) It would certainly be easier if I grew up in a place like that, but I think I could do it anyway. Except I can't imagine a community like this showing up in America anytime soon, so I'd have to fly to England, and that would be using energy too... but now I'm going off on a tangent :)
It's a nice thought. I would make the world this way if I controlled the entire planet, but I don't, so I can't. We're pretty much stuck in a rut with our way of life, and people wouldn't want to leave their cars and things behind- that's why some people are working on alternative fuels (even though some of them aren't that much better, but that's a different story).
I think I could live there if I really tried. Food wouldn't be a problem, seeing as my brother describes me as a dumpster sometimes since I eat just about anything :) It would certainly be easier if I grew up in a place like that, but I think I could do it anyway. Except I can't imagine a community like this showing up in America anytime soon, so I'd have to fly to England, and that would be using energy too... but now I'm going off on a tangent :)
It's a nice thought. I would make the world this way if I controlled the entire planet, but I don't, so I can't. We're pretty much stuck in a rut with our way of life, and people wouldn't want to leave their cars and things behind- that's why some people are working on alternative fuels (even though some of them aren't that much better, but that's a different story).
I would not like to live in Totnes, Most everythind I do uses enery and oil and I wouldnt know how to get around thta issue. My life would be completely turned upslide down. And thus for the same reason I don't believe I could live in Totnes unless I really tried extremely hard to get use to that life style. But I do not fear anything because I do not think this is the future for our civilization. There are millions in the same position as me. Maybe one or two could make the transition, but the entire world would be quite a challenge.
1.I would like to try to live in Totnes. It seems like a very interesting and simple way of live. Traveling distances would be difficult to get used to but who knows I might like it.
2. I think that i could live in Totnes but it could become boring. I mean it is very simple and does not have that mucvh action going on. I am very used to a fast paced and busy scedule so Totnes would surely slow me down.
3. This is our “back to the future” world of tomorrow if we do not come up with other environmentally friendly fuels for cars , machienes, ect. If we do not come up wiith other obtions then our world will surely look like Totnes.
2. I think that i could live in Totnes but it could become boring. I mean it is very simple and does not have that mucvh action going on. I am very used to a fast paced and busy scedule so Totnes would surely slow me down.
3. This is our “back to the future” world of tomorrow if we do not come up with other environmentally friendly fuels for cars , machienes, ect. If we do not come up wiith other obtions then our world will surely look like Totnes.
1. I think I would need a "30 day trial" of Totnes if I were to decide if I wanted to live there. From the looks of it, though, it seems pretty sweet. A small, self-sustaining town would probably be a great place to live. Crime and unjust behavior would probably be at a low level because of the level of cooperation of the people in the town. So, I guess I would want to live there if I couldn't live here.
2. I think I would be able to live in Totnes if I could bring along a couple friends and family members to help me out. It would take a little while, but i think I could blend in to the town and actually be a part of it. I'm sure anybody who lives there would be friendly. If they weren't, they wouldn't move to a place where you have to work with other people every day.
3. I think this is one of the most probable "future" worlds. The fact that there are already some of them makes it even more probable. There will most likely be other solutions that will compete with this idea, but at this moment, I think this idea has a great chance of sticking around.
2. I think I would be able to live in Totnes if I could bring along a couple friends and family members to help me out. It would take a little while, but i think I could blend in to the town and actually be a part of it. I'm sure anybody who lives there would be friendly. If they weren't, they wouldn't move to a place where you have to work with other people every day.
3. I think this is one of the most probable "future" worlds. The fact that there are already some of them makes it even more probable. There will most likely be other solutions that will compete with this idea, but at this moment, I think this idea has a great chance of sticking around.
I would definetly try it but i doubt i could live there because we rely on oil, and energy to live our lives here in Wappingers. i really doubt its our world of tommorow because its going to be hard to convert to a much more primitive way of life.
i would live in a Tontnes. i think it would be fun living with oil and energy for a while but i would totally try it. i dont think i can live there forever btu for sometime like a vacation or something because im a little to dependent on energy and oil. i have no clue if its the world of tomorrow i doubt it but i think some parts might adapt this new idea.
1. I would be willing to live in Totnes if i knew for a fact that their wasnt any other option of saving our environment and resources. Moving to Totnes or creating a similar community to live in isnt a step up in human civilization. I think we should strive for more of a futuristic way of living.
2. I think i could live in Totnes, but many people like the present way of living and would never go back to farming for food. It would be especially hard to leave behind all the things we enjoy doing. Everything we do requires the use of oil from heating our homes to taking the bus to school. I think it would be more difficult to live in Totnes than to figure out a environmently friendly way of living.
3. This is definatley our "back to the future". Totnes,i dont think will ever have a worldwide effect because many countires are just start to build up a good economy and arnt looking to resort to a Totnes way of living. Besides, most of the world is living a farming life. Its jusy the few major countires that are consuming all the worlds resources
2. I think i could live in Totnes, but many people like the present way of living and would never go back to farming for food. It would be especially hard to leave behind all the things we enjoy doing. Everything we do requires the use of oil from heating our homes to taking the bus to school. I think it would be more difficult to live in Totnes than to figure out a environmently friendly way of living.
3. This is definatley our "back to the future". Totnes,i dont think will ever have a worldwide effect because many countires are just start to build up a good economy and arnt looking to resort to a Totnes way of living. Besides, most of the world is living a farming life. Its jusy the few major countires that are consuming all the worlds resources
1. I would want to live in Totnes. I'm not quite sure if it would be possible for me to last in a world where there is a shortage of energy and no carbon use, but I would definitely want to live somewhere where energy and fuel are finally being preserved.
2. I don't feel as though I would last in this kind of community. I would love to, but I doubt it's possible.
3. I don't honestly know what I would call this kind of community. I guess I wouldn't really call it a back to the future world of tomorrow, but more like a "project earth," in which we're trying to preserve the earth and its natural resources.
2. I don't feel as though I would last in this kind of community. I would love to, but I doubt it's possible.
3. I don't honestly know what I would call this kind of community. I guess I wouldn't really call it a back to the future world of tomorrow, but more like a "project earth," in which we're trying to preserve the earth and its natural resources.
Mr J there's something wrong with the blog I posted my answer on tuesday but it's not showing up!!!
should i do it again?
should i do it again?
1. I would try living in Totnes. It seems like a very clean and peaceful place. I don't mind walking and a place like that could really help save the environment.
2. A lot of things that use energy or oil have become parts of our daily lives and it would be hard to get used to a place without them but I think I'd be able to give up some things and live in Totnes.
3. It is possibly our back to the future world of tomorrow. The entire world would become like Totnes when we run out of oil or if we do not find alternative fuels.
2. A lot of things that use energy or oil have become parts of our daily lives and it would be hard to get used to a place without them but I think I'd be able to give up some things and live in Totnes.
3. It is possibly our back to the future world of tomorrow. The entire world would become like Totnes when we run out of oil or if we do not find alternative fuels.
I would like to live in a town like Totnes. It would be great knowing that im helping the earth rather than harming it but..its definitely more easy said than done.
I probably could live in Totnes but i doubt i would really like it. Despite the fact that i would have almost no carbon footprint it would be extremely difficult to move to a place like this.
I think this would be an ideal world for our future considering how we have been destroying a lot of our natural resources. It would be difficult actually getting people to live here and limiting their carbon footprints. Its a great idea if only it could be spread and accepted by a lot of people...which unfortunately isnt really likely anytime soon.
I probably could live in Totnes but i doubt i would really like it. Despite the fact that i would have almost no carbon footprint it would be extremely difficult to move to a place like this.
I think this would be an ideal world for our future considering how we have been destroying a lot of our natural resources. It would be difficult actually getting people to live here and limiting their carbon footprints. Its a great idea if only it could be spread and accepted by a lot of people...which unfortunately isnt really likely anytime soon.
I would want to try living there. It would be tough to do but i think that it can be pulled off if we put every last effort into it.
I dont think i could possibly live there. Going from what it is now to what it would be would be too much of a change i think.
This could be the world of tomorrow but I think it is too dificult to accomplish. As we get new technology i think we will find stuff to help with our environmental problems.
I dont think i could possibly live there. Going from what it is now to what it would be would be too much of a change i think.
This could be the world of tomorrow but I think it is too dificult to accomplish. As we get new technology i think we will find stuff to help with our environmental problems.
1. I would probably live in Totnes. It seems like a relaxing, less-stressgful area. But the problem is that we're so used to using oil and other products that it would be a major shock.
2. I'm not sure if I could live in a place like Totnes. The way that I (and basically everyone) lives is way too luxurious. It would probably take a lot of getting used to, seeing as we'd be giving up a lot.
3. I have no idea if this could be our tomorrow. It would be great, but if you look around, it would take a long time to handle the reality that we wouldn't be using all the sources we use now. But if we had no other choice, then it could be.
2. I'm not sure if I could live in a place like Totnes. The way that I (and basically everyone) lives is way too luxurious. It would probably take a lot of getting used to, seeing as we'd be giving up a lot.
3. I have no idea if this could be our tomorrow. It would be great, but if you look around, it would take a long time to handle the reality that we wouldn't be using all the sources we use now. But if we had no other choice, then it could be.
I mean im not going to say im not going to live there just cause its different. im definitly going to try it but i honestly doubt that it is a place where i could live. I would need to use the energy and i definilty i dont think i could live without cars especially before i drove. I mean honestly i couldnt live there. I think this is fine to live in. I wouldnt want to move. If enough people believe in it we could definitly make totnes the world of tomorrow but i think people are so caught up in the world we live in that we would just be unwilling to change. Honestly in this world too many people are intolerant and way to stubborn to care about anything besides items.
1.
I would hate to live in Totnes. It all seems so boaring. I dont know what i would do if my town switched to a non oil lifestyle.
2.
If i was forced to i guess i would but, i would be so misreble. I got way to use to always beening driving places and my cell phone and computer to let it go i dont think i would be able to.
3.
Like me i dont think others will be able to. Some people will able to yes thats good. But mot people wont and wont even try but that may be what things come to. If we use all of our nonrenable resourses we will have to do something like this. It will be hard to go back to the future because everyone would have to agree and i dont think most will.
I would hate to live in Totnes. It all seems so boaring. I dont know what i would do if my town switched to a non oil lifestyle.
2.
If i was forced to i guess i would but, i would be so misreble. I got way to use to always beening driving places and my cell phone and computer to let it go i dont think i would be able to.
3.
Like me i dont think others will be able to. Some people will able to yes thats good. But mot people wont and wont even try but that may be what things come to. If we use all of our nonrenable resourses we will have to do something like this. It will be hard to go back to the future because everyone would have to agree and i dont think most will.
no, i dont think i would want to try living there because i am a very lazy person, and riding a bike everyday is not something i could do.
yes i could live there if i had to. i mean i can get used to it, i guess.
no i dont think the world will ever be like this and i think it will just keep getting worse.
yes i could live there if i had to. i mean i can get used to it, i guess.
no i dont think the world will ever be like this and i think it will just keep getting worse.
1. i probably would live in Totnes. It will take me some time to get use to the enviroment.
2. I could live in Totnes but not for very long time. I get bored easily and living in Totnes sounds boring.
3. This might be the world of tommorrow but i don't think that it will ever happened.
2. I could live in Totnes but not for very long time. I get bored easily and living in Totnes sounds boring.
3. This might be the world of tommorrow but i don't think that it will ever happened.
1. I wouldn't want to live there. I would be used to life I live now. It would be hard to not get the things I take for granted.
2. I think if I tried hard enough I would be able to live there. It would take a while to get used to and may be hard at first.
3. I don't think it would be our world of tomorrow. We are already looking for solutions so we don't have to live in a place like this.
2. I think if I tried hard enough I would be able to live there. It would take a while to get used to and may be hard at first.
3. I don't think it would be our world of tomorrow. We are already looking for solutions so we don't have to live in a place like this.
1. I wouldn't want to live there. I would be used to life I live now. It would be hard to not get the things I take for granted.
2. I think if I tried hard enough I would be able to live there. It would take a while to get used to and may be hard at first.
3. I don't think it would be our world of tomorrow. We are already looking for solutions so we don't have to live in a place like this.
2. I think if I tried hard enough I would be able to live there. It would take a while to get used to and may be hard at first.
3. I don't think it would be our world of tomorrow. We are already looking for solutions so we don't have to live in a place like this.
1. I would want to live in Totnes. I would definitely want to live somewhere where energy and fuel is finally being preserved.I dont know how long id last with no fuel but preserving it i think i could last.
2.No, I don't think I could live in a place like Totnes. I think that I would run into some sort of issue. Maybe if I was born in a place like Totnes I could live there.but m not sure if goong from somewhere where i can use as much with out even knowing to going somewhere where i have to pay attation to how much i use and preserve it. I think that it would be to difficutt.
3.I think that it would be nice to have a world like this but i dont think that it will happen. we are now just all of a sudden starting to make wind energy to help preserve what we do have. And even if this was the world of tomorrow i dont think that many people would want to change their lifestyles. You would have to be born into it. i dont think that anyone will ever change the way the live, its quite sad.
2.No, I don't think I could live in a place like Totnes. I think that I would run into some sort of issue. Maybe if I was born in a place like Totnes I could live there.but m not sure if goong from somewhere where i can use as much with out even knowing to going somewhere where i have to pay attation to how much i use and preserve it. I think that it would be to difficutt.
3.I think that it would be nice to have a world like this but i dont think that it will happen. we are now just all of a sudden starting to make wind energy to help preserve what we do have. And even if this was the world of tomorrow i dont think that many people would want to change their lifestyles. You would have to be born into it. i dont think that anyone will ever change the way the live, its quite sad.
Yes, i would want to live in Totnes becaus ei have no problem with bike riding long distances and buying/ eating locally grown food. I also don't want to be living in an area where the oil crisis will hit hard and cause such horrors as riots and possibly more, because that isd the future i see if we do not change. Yes, i coul live there, guess. I think that this would be the best possible future for the outcome of the oil crisis. its one of those alternatives that we should be starting NOW in the US, if not everywhere. I don't feel like there will be enough time to put up all those hydrogen pumps and put a hydrogen car in each driveway before this crisis hits hard. so as sad as it is.. i do not see this as our future. our future will bring much change and will not be like this because people arent willing to give up their cars and lifestyles that they have now, so quickly. I feel that our future will be much more bleak but hopefully in time, we can all make it better.
plus, this would definitely change our carbon footprints!
plus, this would definitely change our carbon footprints!
1. No, I would not want to live there. It would be too hard to convert from my everyday lifestyle to the Totnes tradition. If I grew up in Totnes, I would be more used to it.
2. Could I live in Totnes? Yes. People just 100 years ago survived without using electricity and oil. Things would have to change from my everyday lifestyle for it to work.
3. In the future the oil supply will decrease and the demand will increase untill there is no more oil. Scientists will find differant ways to get energy from organic and renewable recsources. Will life every be like the old days without electricity and oil? No.
2. Could I live in Totnes? Yes. People just 100 years ago survived without using electricity and oil. Things would have to change from my everyday lifestyle for it to work.
3. In the future the oil supply will decrease and the demand will increase untill there is no more oil. Scientists will find differant ways to get energy from organic and renewable recsources. Will life every be like the old days without electricity and oil? No.
wow i'm sorry this ones late too. i thought i posted a blog for this one too. i don't get it.
well anyway . . .
well i don't think i'd want to live in totnes. i probably could if all of my friends came with me. but otherwise i think i'd be way too bored and i just could not be able to ride my bike everywhere. this definatley could be our world of tomorow if people are openminded but not too many people are.
well anyway . . .
well i don't think i'd want to live in totnes. i probably could if all of my friends came with me. but otherwise i think i'd be way too bored and i just could not be able to ride my bike everywhere. this definatley could be our world of tomorow if people are openminded but not too many people are.
1. I think it would be cool to live in Totnes. Like some other people mentioned, it would be tough transitioning away from all the stuff that we have come to think of as necessities. I might miss these things at first but I'd probably get used to not having them after a while.
2. I think I would be able to live in Totnes if I could bring along a couple friends and family members to help me out. It would take a little while, but i think I could blend in to the town and actually be a part of it. I'm sure anybody who lives there would be friendly. If they weren't, they wouldn't move to a place where you have to work with other people every day.
3. I think this is one of the most probable "future" worlds. The fact that there are already some of them makes it even more probable. There will most likely be other solutions that will compete with this idea, but at this moment, I think this idea has a great chance of sticking around.
2. I think I would be able to live in Totnes if I could bring along a couple friends and family members to help me out. It would take a little while, but i think I could blend in to the town and actually be a part of it. I'm sure anybody who lives there would be friendly. If they weren't, they wouldn't move to a place where you have to work with other people every day.
3. I think this is one of the most probable "future" worlds. The fact that there are already some of them makes it even more probable. There will most likely be other solutions that will compete with this idea, but at this moment, I think this idea has a great chance of sticking around.
no, i dont think i would want to try living there because i am a very lazy person, and riding a bike everyday is not something i could do.
yes i could live there if i had to. i mean i can get used to it, i guess.
no i dont think the world will ever be like this and i think it will just keep getting worse.
yes i could live there if i had to. i mean i can get used to it, i guess.
no i dont think the world will ever be like this and i think it will just keep getting worse.
I would not want to live in Totnes. After living in the society that i was grown into, I wouldn't feel right living in a place like Totnes because I depend so much on oil based products. I do really like the concept though, but their whole life is too much for me to want to try.
If i really had to, i think i would be able to do this, because it is very possible that this could become our future, though it would be hard. Not growing up in this environment and society makes it a lot harder to transition.
Yes i do think that Tones is our back to the future world of tomorrow because it is inevitable that we will run out of oil. This will soon be our reality.
If i really had to, i think i would be able to do this, because it is very possible that this could become our future, though it would be hard. Not growing up in this environment and society makes it a lot harder to transition.
Yes i do think that Tones is our back to the future world of tomorrow because it is inevitable that we will run out of oil. This will soon be our reality.
1. I would like to live in Totnes. I think it would be a great way to descrease our need for fossil fuels such as oit and gasoline. Also, I would save money that I would normally use on these resources.
2. I do not think that I could live in Totnes because there is just too much dependance on these reasources in my daily life. Although it would be great to live in a place such as Totnes
3. This is both "back to the future" and a world of tomorrow because it uses an old concept to come to needs with our modern world.
Post a Comment
2. I do not think that I could live in Totnes because there is just too much dependance on these reasources in my daily life. Although it would be great to live in a place such as Totnes
3. This is both "back to the future" and a world of tomorrow because it uses an old concept to come to needs with our modern world.
<< Home

