25 May 2008

 

BlogWork is due by midnight 30 May

Postings Period One
Comments:
Gee, I sure am hungry ! What do I do now?
 
You hungry i dont believe it. haha

First you would Ingest some type of food, chicken or cold pizza (yum) then the food would then go through the process of digestion then all the material would then be absorbed by the large intestine. This way you'll no longer be hungry =]

I Just ran a marathon. I sure am extreamly thirsty. What should I do now?
 
Obviously go get a drink of water. Pace around for a while, but don't completely collapse onto the floor, walk slowly and try to recover your normal heart rate. Drink more water after you pace around soon. If you seem congested and coughing a lot try to take it easy for the rest of the day. Your body is losing a lot of water through perspiration so you need to get this water back into your system, that is key.

You wake up and you are freezing, what should you do?
 
I'd do something to get your blood moving faster and increasing your heart rate. Exercise would be a good idea.
Or you could always ingest some hot cocoa :) cocoa is tasty- amd hot

The person who sits next to me in bio just gave me her cold- how do I get rid of it?

(ps johnson do you like how i'm picking on ohm for you? :P)
 
hmm I'm thinking that you should take some form of vitamin C and drink plenty of fluids. Hopefully ingesting these substances and help you to flush the cold out of your system.

I have a killer headache, can some one help me with this?
 
You should take tylenol or any other painkiller and rest until the medicine takes its effect. The headache could also result from hunger, so eat something. You might even want to get a massage to relax and release some stress.


Loved the video hahha

The temperature is very high and I'm getting hot and sweaty, what should I do?
 
Just let the sweat do its job. When it evaporates off your skin, it'll take heat with it and cool your body off. To help out the cause, go to a colder room and stand in front of a fan. This will increase the evaporation rate. After that, towel off and get something to drink to get that water you just lost back into your body.

When I was trying to cool off, I drank my glass of lemonade too fast. Now I have a brainfreeze. Help me out?
 
Quick before you lose it (the brain i mean)Brainfreeze Cure

Gee, I feel better now, but .. OMG ! I just looked out the window, the wooded area across the street has just burned down ... a lighting fire! What's up w/ that? How will it get fixed?
 
Well eventually the fire will have nothing to feed off of, rain will diminish it, or the firetrucks will come. Probually a firetruck will come since he is in his house and the fire could spread and put other people in danger.

Hmm well the fire is clear, but now I got a burn from being too close to the fire.
 
well, u should go and find some cool water and dip ur hand into it. you could also pour some cold water on the burn too. then just wait and you'll heal automatically.

you trip while looking for cold water and twist your ankle. it hurts a lot. what should you do?
 
since you twisted your ankle it will probably start to swell up so i would suggest you put some ice on it and keep it elevated.

you keep the ice on for tooo long and you start to get frost bite on your toes and near your ankle, what should u do?
 
if you start to get frost bite you should take the ice off and put your ankle in warm water until all sensations return.then you wrap a steril guaze around your ankle and keep your ankle as still as possible.

after you get situated you have to pee really badly and you forgot whatr to do?
 
If you're sitting somewhere that you're comfortable and you know your bladder is full, find the nearest restroom marked with ladies if you are a femalee, and men if you are a male. Go pottyyy in the restroom and you will not have the sudden earge to pee anymore :) By peeing, you are ridding your body of all of its toxins that you ingested in the previous hours.



You just fell off of your bike and your knee looks scraped pretty badly; it's starting to bleed. What should you do ?
 
Well frst you should grab a tissue and put pressure on your cut until the bleeding stops. Then you should put so anti bacterial cream on the cut so it does not lead to infection. Next put a bandage over the cut for a couple of days and you should be just fine.

After looking at all the blood from my cut I begin to get a little light headed and dizzy... what should I do?
 
You should lie down so that you don't pass out and to get the blood circulating to your head. you should also ingest some cool water cause it may be too hot outside.

I just got a bloody nose. what should i do?
 
First you should go get a tissue and apply pressure to your nose while tilting your head back but not for too long. When you tilt your head abck the blood will run back into your blood stream but dont tilt your head back too long cause too much blood to your head will apply to much pressure and thats not good.

I was sitting on my foot and it fell asleep. What should i do to wake it up?
 
To wake up a sleepy foot you must walk around or shake it to get the nerves back to it. It fell alseep because you were not letting nerve signals get to it.

Your friend is about to open a door when someone on the other side comes and hits him with the door so hard it knocks him out. How do you help him?
 
You should lay your friend down flat on the ground out of danger and make sure he has a pulse. Since he is lying flat the blood will eventually come back to his head and he'll regain consciousness.

You caught an infection. Your body is fighting it and it causes you to have a fever. What should you do?
 
you should first try to reduce his fever, have him get plenty of rest and drink lots of fluids. Then go see a doctor to get a perscription and other advice.

I just came back from a overnight party and havent sleeped. I am extreamly tired. What should I do?
 
slept, sorry
 
weell you sould go to bed and get some rest so your body can return to its daily cycle.If you dont you might feel cranky the nest mornig and if might effect you clear thinking. Sleep allows the body to produce chemicals that are used during waking hours and even affects brain and body growth. The organ that is mainly used during the sleeping process is the brain.

I just drank a ton of soda and ingested a lot of caffeine...now i feel really hyper and outt of control!What should i doo?
 
Since you are hyper you should go outside and run all the way to school and climb on the roof then jump off and run all the way home.

I jumped off the roof and landed on a rock and scraped up my legs and they are bleeding really badly. What should I do?
 
Wow, why would you just jump off the roof like that?
Anyway, you'd probably want to put an antibacterial solution on it, like peroxide, to clean the cut. Then, you'd want to bandage it up with a handy-dandy band-aid and gauze or something.

After that, I eat a hot dog and get reaaaally bad heartburn.
WHAT. DO. I. DO?!
 
To get rid of heartburn you should take some antiacid or exercise which induces gastric emptying, helping to get rid of heartburn by aiding in the movement and digestion of food lower down the intestinal tract. This keeps the acids from your stomach where they should be, in your upper GI tract, rather than in your esophagus.

While i was exercising i pulled a muscle in my leg. What should i do?
 
good morning !
rise and shine
:)
hj
 
Apply ice to the injury immediately, for 15 to 20 minutes. Elevate your leg above your heart if possible. Use an elastic bandage to decrease swelling and muscle irritation. Rest your leg.Gradually resume activity as the pain decreases, but be prepared to not be able to run full speed for about 2-4 weeks, depending on the severity of the pull.Oh and next time STRETCH!!!!


OHHH NOO!! I tried getting back to exercice to fast and a tore a ligament in my knee!!! What ever shall i DO!?!
 
for a torn ligament

using icepacks to reduce swelling, and elevating the area where torn ligaments are present. If rest, elevation and icing do not produce a total cure, then surgery may be considered to repair significant tearing.

omg i tried to end a fight and ended up getting my nose broken!!! it hurts and there is some blood what should i do?
 
what u should do is try to stop the blood by putting pressure on the area so the blood can clot and it will stop bleeding.

o jeezz i have a major brain freeze what should i do??
 
An epic brain freeze, aye?

A brain freeze is caused when a cold substances touches the roof of your mouth and blood vessels contract to prevent a tempurature decrease. When the blood vessels relax again after the cold recdes, a quick blood flow to the brain causes the headache feeling. To prevent this, next time eat in smaller bits. But for now you have to warm the roof of your mouth with a warm palate, warm drink or your thumb. Good Luck.

I have a major case of the hiccups! Save me.
 
Hiccups are sudden involuntary contractions of your diaphram. to make hiccups go away you need to get carbon dioxide to your diaphram therefore you should hold your breath.


uhoh holding my breath made me light headed what should i do?
 
Your lightheadedness could be from many things but the best things to do would be to lay down for a little, to drink water, and to eat something like a snack.

Oh man, I started choking on my snack! What should i do?
 
Ok well first dont panic. Hopefully when this happens your around someone so they can give you the hymlic manouver. (idk how to spell that Mr.J.) My grandma always told me that if i was to choke wiht no one around that i shud eat bread because it seems to make whatever your eating go down :)

Oh no! Im allergic to bees and i just got stung. What should i do?!?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?