10 May 2008
In the NY Times SAturday 10 May
It just so happens that the Times is showing a video about alternative medicine being used by people who can not afford the high cost of health care...
Comment on the video for a few extra points.
Comments:
<< Home
Wow i think this is pretty dissapointing :( I don't really see the problem with using herbs as a form of medicine, as long as there is no harm involved. However, I do think that those people who can't afford healthcare should become legal citizens so they don't have to rely on plants & herbs.
I think that this is all really sad. I mean the immigrants shouldnt be here illegally, but is sad that they are afriad to get decent medicfal help. I think that using herbal and natural treatments is fine, but not enough to actually help people. Its also dangerous if people dont know the dosage of medicine that has been sent to them from Mexico.
I think that taking drugs without a prescription is very dangerous. Every person should have the right to visit a doctor and receive medical help. Herbs, soul cleansing, or other forms of alternative medicine might not be enough to cure a person. The man who was robbed clearly needs a psychologist to help him get over his fears. Injections shot directly to the muscle to heal quickly are dangerous. A program should be established to help illegal immigrants and provide them with health care.
i think the herbs may or may not help the person, but it certainly won't hurt them.it's all natural, if anything prescription drugs will harm a person. i think illegal immigrants don't have too much say to what they need. The gov should listen to anyone who is living in the country.
If immigrants want to come here and need our medical facilities, then fine, just do it legally. Then, they will actually be able to live normally here and enjoy all the great benefits of our health care. I mean, I don't blame them for wanting to be here, just do it legally. It'll save themselves a lot of trouble. Illegal immigrants are causing a big distraction here. They're pretty much shooting themselves in the foot by saying they have the right to be here (immigrant rights march on May Day in Chicago), but they don't. They would, though, if they just came here legally.
I can't really tell what you want us to comment on, Mr. J. Probably the part about alternative medicines, because that's what we just did, but this video is all about the illegal immigrants, so it's kinda controversial.
I'll comment on the alternative medicines just to make it more even. I guess the alternative medicines work a little, if the patients said they felt better, but I think that's more mental than physical. The fact that they think they will get better probably makes them feel better. For the most part, though, waving branches around someone probably won't help them very much.
I can't really tell what you want us to comment on, Mr. J. Probably the part about alternative medicines, because that's what we just did, but this video is all about the illegal immigrants, so it's kinda controversial.
I'll comment on the alternative medicines just to make it more even. I guess the alternative medicines work a little, if the patients said they felt better, but I think that's more mental than physical. The fact that they think they will get better probably makes them feel better. For the most part, though, waving branches around someone probably won't help them very much.
i think the herbs may not help the person, but it certainly won't hurt them.it's all natural, if anything prescription drugs will harm a person. i think illegal immigrants don't have too much say to what they need. The government should listen to anyone who is living in the country.
Post a Comment
<< Home
