04 May 2008
OnLinE HW is Due Midnight 9 May
posts & links period 1
Comments:
<< Home
I found out that if someone texts a lot they have a better chance of being able to quit smoking. I do not know If I believe it yet or not, Id have to see more research and experiments done, but it is interesting. Here is the site(its at the bottom of the page)
http://www.menshealth.com/cda/article.do?site=MensHealth&channel=health&category=other.diseases.ailments&conitem=0a541ced55e9d010VgnVCM10000013281eac____
This page talks about not only the text message cure for smoking, but many other crazy cures to treat other diseases and problems.
http://www.menshealth.com/cda/article.do?site=MensHealth&channel=health&category=other.diseases.ailments&conitem=0a541ced55e9d010VgnVCM10000013281eac____
This page talks about not only the text message cure for smoking, but many other crazy cures to treat other diseases and problems.
I found out that meditation is used as an alternative treatment for many things. It is used to help people with personality disorders and help them to relax. It also helps women with pregnancy problems. It promotes relaxation and this helps to stimulate heart rate, breathing and brain waves.
Meditation
This website talks about the effects of meditation and the ways it can help people.
Meditation
This website talks about the effects of meditation and the ways it can help people.
Tai Chi is a form of alternative medicine. Tai Chi is a system of gentle exercise and streching, and can be found in places like Gold's Gym. I picked this remedy because my grandparents practice it.
Tai Chi can:
Reduces stress, Increases flexibility, Improves muscle strength and definition,Increases energy, stamina and agility,Increases feelings of well-being, Reducing anxiety and depression,Improving balance and coordination,Reducing the number of falls,Improving sleep quality, such as staying asleep longer at night and feeling more alert during the day,Slowing bone loss in women after menopause,Lowering blood pressure, Improving cardiovascular fitness,Relieving chronic pain,Improving everyday physical functioning
Tai Chi
This web site talks about wat Tai Chi is, where you can find it, and Tai Chi's benefits.
Tai Chi can:
Reduces stress, Increases flexibility, Improves muscle strength and definition,Increases energy, stamina and agility,Increases feelings of well-being, Reducing anxiety and depression,Improving balance and coordination,Reducing the number of falls,Improving sleep quality, such as staying asleep longer at night and feeling more alert during the day,Slowing bone loss in women after menopause,Lowering blood pressure, Improving cardiovascular fitness,Relieving chronic pain,Improving everyday physical functioning
Tai Chi
This web site talks about wat Tai Chi is, where you can find it, and Tai Chi's benefits.
Aromatherapy is a form of alternative medicine that uses essential oils treat or prevent diseases. Smells influence the brain, and it has been proven to be effective in clinical studies. Aromatherapy has been around for more than 6000 years. Researchers have found that the therapy reduces claustrophobia attacks.
Essential oils work
The site talks about Australian essential oils that can be antimicrobial agents and can be used in cosmetics or cleaning agents.
Essential oils work
The site talks about Australian essential oils that can be antimicrobial agents and can be used in cosmetics or cleaning agents.
1. Physiotherapy is a term for treatments carried out by a physiotherapist. Instead of medicin you complete exercise routines according to a physiotherapist’s instructions. instead of treating regular deseases physiotherapy helps people with CPD, and other vascular realated deseases.
2. Physiotherapy
this site tells you what physiotherapy is and its uses.
2. Physiotherapy
this site tells you what physiotherapy is and its uses.
I fund out that if you liston to music it can help with depression. It could make you feel better and have less symptoms of depression. here is the site that says that
Click Here
This page tells you how listoning to musicc can help epople with their pain and depression symptoms. More poeple felt better after litening to the music then they did before it. Their symptoms of pain and depression were better and they felt healthier.
Click Here
This page tells you how listoning to musicc can help epople with their pain and depression symptoms. More poeple felt better after litening to the music then they did before it. Their symptoms of pain and depression were better and they felt healthier.
I chose a treatment in which they use the venom in bees to stop the spread of gangrene. i chose it because i remember seeing something like this on tv and i found it interesting.
Click Here
this page talks about how a man used the treatment to stop the spread to his toes so that he would not have to get his feet amputated.
Click Here
this page talks about how a man used the treatment to stop the spread to his toes so that he would not have to get his feet amputated.
Magnetic Therapy is an alternative form of medicine. I chose Magnetic Therapy becuase it has been used for centuries to relieve pain and treat diseases.
Magnetic Therapy is the use of magnets varying in strength to releive pain. Magnetic therapy is a good type of alternative medicine and its been proven to work because certain cells and tissues in the body give off electromagnetic impulses. Many people believe that Magnetic Therapy has helped them deal with the effects of stress, arthritis, headaches,even speed up the healing of broken bones and in some cases heal cancer totally.
Magnetic Therapy
Magnetic Therapy is the use of magnets varying in strength to releive pain. Magnetic therapy is a good type of alternative medicine and its been proven to work because certain cells and tissues in the body give off electromagnetic impulses. Many people believe that Magnetic Therapy has helped them deal with the effects of stress, arthritis, headaches,even speed up the healing of broken bones and in some cases heal cancer totally.
Magnetic Therapy
I chose some treatments for brainfreezes because they are so annoying to go through. I have tried some of these, and they pretty much do the trick.
My site (above) talks about the causes of a brainfreeze and how to get rid of them. One thing it says (not really a cure but a precaution) is that the colder the weather, the less intense the brain freeze is. I've always said ice cream is better in the winter.
Some cures it says to do are to push your tongue or thumb to the roof of your mouth, drink a warm beverage, create pressure by breathing out while plugging your nose and mouth, press your thumb to a closed eye, and to vigorously rub the back of your neck.
My site (above) talks about the causes of a brainfreeze and how to get rid of them. One thing it says (not really a cure but a precaution) is that the colder the weather, the less intense the brain freeze is. I've always said ice cream is better in the winter.
Some cures it says to do are to push your tongue or thumb to the roof of your mouth, drink a warm beverage, create pressure by breathing out while plugging your nose and mouth, press your thumb to a closed eye, and to vigorously rub the back of your neck.
Supposedlyoral calcium supplements can be used to treat serious diseases like alzheimer's and cancer. It's not that different from normal calcium- it just has traces of other minerals from the shells. I chose this because it seemed a bit odd to be treating cancer with sea shells, if you know what I mean.
This site tells about the treatment, and also says it doesnt have any reliable scientific evidence to prove that it actually works.
This site tells about the treatment, and also says it doesnt have any reliable scientific evidence to prove that it actually works.
I found out about how to help headaches. There were many different ways that I found but the one thing that stood out was called Aromatherapy. This is where they have olfaction and that strong odors can almost instantly induce a migraine.
Click Here
The sight talks about a few of the different types of ways to help headaches and the way i found and what kinds of smeels help it.
Click Here
The sight talks about a few of the different types of ways to help headaches and the way i found and what kinds of smeels help it.
I found out what you eat can be an alternative treatment for people with ADD and ADHD. I chose this remedy because I found it interesting how adding food high in Omega-3 fatty acids like flax seed and flax oil and adding protein may help people focus. The website I chose describes the researches they have completed from this idea and suggestions for what to add in your diet.
Click Here
Click Here
i found this website about cupping. the chinese used to use it alot. basically they have these cups and they lite a fire in it and then put it it on your skin. and scince fire eats oxygen it will create a vacuum in the glass sucktioning(cant spell that) your skin. id imagin that it like if you suck on your arm or hand and you get that red spot from the blood rising to the surface.but anyways its used for headaches and colds and other things.
Click Here
this is what i meant by the suction marks,
this is the fire in the cup
Click Here
this is the cups sucking
Click Here
and this is the marks left over
Click Here
Click Here
this is what i meant by the suction marks,
this is the fire in the cup
Click Here
this is the cups sucking
Click Here
and this is the marks left over
Click Here
i found out that yoga is a good way to reduce stress levels. It is also better than taking asprin. Yoga relaxes the mind and body. It will also reduce muscle tension in the upper back and neck. Although yoga may be hard at first after a while it pays off to really work.
Yoga
This site list three different yoga poses to help with posture, muscle tension and help reduce stress levels. It is also from a magazine called natural solution magasin.
Yoga
This site list three different yoga poses to help with posture, muscle tension and help reduce stress levels. It is also from a magazine called natural solution magasin.
Yoga is an alternative treatment that i find intressting. It is suppose to center your thoughts, relax, and calm you. I think a lot of people do use yoga and im guessing it works. I think i may of even tried it once.
yoga
This website gives so many details about yoga like there are many different kinds.
yoga
This website gives so many details about yoga like there are many different kinds.
I learned about a natural cure or remedey or for autism using the restriction of ingesting dairy products. I chose this rememdy because one out of five children cevelop a form of autism and i found this possible cure interesting.
Click Here
This website includes the first hand account if the person who first used this rememdy, with succcess, on their autistic child. It also mentions other possible cures for this disease, the international support organization called Autism Network for Dietary Intervention (ANDI), and other multiple successs stories of other families.
Click Here
This website includes the first hand account if the person who first used this rememdy, with succcess, on their autistic child. It also mentions other possible cures for this disease, the international support organization called Autism Network for Dietary Intervention (ANDI), and other multiple successs stories of other families.
I found an alternate medication that can positively affect someones health and mood. Its called Aromatherapy and its a practice of herbal medicine using essential oils from plants. The scents of these natural oils stimulate receptors in the limbic system and release mood enhancing chemicals.
After research it has been shown that aromatherapy can be beneficial on minor ailments, digestive problems and stress related illnesses. Other than that, it is extremely unlikely that it can cure any major illnesses and is not recommended in place of conventional medicine. So its pretty much busted! =P
Aromatherapy
After research it has been shown that aromatherapy can be beneficial on minor ailments, digestive problems and stress related illnesses. Other than that, it is extremely unlikely that it can cure any major illnesses and is not recommended in place of conventional medicine. So its pretty much busted! =P
Aromatherapy
CAM is Complementary and alternative medicine. It can include everything from herbal and dietary supplements to meditation, biofeedback, hypnosis and even prayer. For the person with diabetes, CAM treatments may be used to supplement the therapies standard to Western medicine. Many patients with diabetes use CAM without telling their health care providers. Some use it to treat their diabetes and use it to treat conditions that coexist with their diabetes.
CAM
This site talks about Complementary and alternative medicine used by patients with diabetes.
CAM
This site talks about Complementary and alternative medicine used by patients with diabetes.
I discovered that "pixie dust" or extra cellular matrix from a pig's lining helped a man to grow his finger back that he chopped off of a propeller in an airplane. Here's the linkkk : http://www.thatsfit.com/category/alternative-therapies/.
The site is in the middle of the page.
I honestly do not know if this could be possible, but I believe that if you have faith in something, then anything can happen. I would have to further investigate the alternative treatment to make a statement concerning it.
The site is in the middle of the page.
I honestly do not know if this could be possible, but I believe that if you have faith in something, then anything can happen. I would have to further investigate the alternative treatment to make a statement concerning it.
btwww, the poll was closed so i couldn't take it =/ it wasn't my fault, so kevin,
YOU BETER NOT TAKE POINTS OFF FOR THAT !
: )
YOU BETER NOT TAKE POINTS OFF FOR THAT !
: )
I believe that filling a room with steam will help you relax your bodily muscles. I believe this because I have used this method and it has worked for me. It makes me feel looser, lighter, and more relaxed.
Step Into the Saunna
Step Into the Saunna
I was able to find out that sometimes listening to music can decrease derpression.Listening to the music can make peoples moods become better and make them a happier person. This depends of the type of music though.
www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2006/
This shows that people fett healthier after listening to music. This also shows how after listening to music most people became much happier.
www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2006/
This shows that people fett healthier after listening to music. This also shows how after listening to music most people became much happier.
Ahhh, I'm late, sorry. =[
An alternate medication to improving your digestion is to use chopsticks, because it forces you to take smaller bites and slow down. I chose this because I think it makes a lot of sense, and it is also interesting.
This site provides 5 detailed tips to improve your digestion.
An alternate medication to improving your digestion is to use chopsticks, because it forces you to take smaller bites and slow down. I chose this because I think it makes a lot of sense, and it is also interesting.
This site provides 5 detailed tips to improve your digestion.
I found a way to help cure head achs. Although there are many different ways, The one way that i found that stood out to me was called aromatherapy.. This is where they have olfaction and that strong odors can almost instantly induce a migraine.
2.http://nbc11.healthology.com/alternative-medicine/alternative-medicine-treatment/article755.htm?pg=4
3. The site talks about how to cure headachs. There are so many ways and we probally dont even use half of them. The one that i found was aromatherapy and this site states that certian smells can cure headachs.
2.http://nbc11.healthology.com/alternative-medicine/alternative-medicine-treatment/article755.htm?pg=4
3. The site talks about how to cure headachs. There are so many ways and we probally dont even use half of them. The one that i found was aromatherapy and this site states that certian smells can cure headachs.
Sorry this is late again. i truly thought i posted it but it must not have worked.
I chose to find a remedy for hiccups since i get them a lot. I found that to get rid of hiccups you should yell or sing as loud as you can or lay on your back.
Click Here
This site tells
this site gives those examples and even more too.
I chose to find a remedy for hiccups since i get them a lot. I found that to get rid of hiccups you should yell or sing as loud as you can or lay on your back.
Click Here
This site tells
this site gives those examples and even more too.
Magnetic Therapy is an alternative form of medicine. I chose Magnetic Therapy becuase it has been used for centuries to relieve pain and treat diseases.
Magnetic Therapy is the use of magnets varying in strength to releive pain. Magnetic therapy is a good type of alternative medicine and its been proven to work because certain cells and tissues in the body give off electromagnetic impulses. Many people believe that Magnetic Therapy has helped them deal with the effects of stress, arthritis, headaches,even speed up the healing of broken bones and in some cases heal cancer totally.
http://www.cancer.org/docroot/ETO/content/ETO_5_3X_Magnetic_Therapy.asp
Magnetic Therapy is the use of magnets varying in strength to releive pain. Magnetic therapy is a good type of alternative medicine and its been proven to work because certain cells and tissues in the body give off electromagnetic impulses. Many people believe that Magnetic Therapy has helped them deal with the effects of stress, arthritis, headaches,even speed up the healing of broken bones and in some cases heal cancer totally.
http://www.cancer.org/docroot/ETO/content/ETO_5_3X_Magnetic_Therapy.asp
Hey sorry bout this i think last time i clicked sumbmit and xed out even though i didnt put the name/id thingy.
I found out yoga can help osteothritis.Yoga's gentle movements can keep build strength, flexibility, and balance and reduce arthritis pain and stiffness.
yoga
This site concers may alternative solutions for everyday pains and diseases
I found out yoga can help osteothritis.Yoga's gentle movements can keep build strength, flexibility, and balance and reduce arthritis pain and stiffness.
yoga
This site concers may alternative solutions for everyday pains and diseases
Peppermint leaves and boiling water works great if I have a congested nose. The steam from the bowl clears up my nose with no medication.
Click Here
Click Here
Entered the last one too early =( heres the complete one.
Peppermint leaves and boiling water works great if I have a congested nose. The steam from the bowl clears up my nose with no medication. Common medication that is used to clear stuffy noeses has many other effects. These side effects include increased heart beat, bloody nose, and headaches.
Herbal cures
Post a Comment
Peppermint leaves and boiling water works great if I have a congested nose. The steam from the bowl clears up my nose with no medication. Common medication that is used to clear stuffy noeses has many other effects. These side effects include increased heart beat, bloody nose, and headaches.
Herbal cures
<< Home
