25 May 2008

 
Postings Period Three
Comments:
Wow! The movie was excellent, but that popcorn sure was salty...I'm really thirsty. What do I do now?
 
Wow... that video was one of the scariest things I've ever seen. My mom was terrified. You bad man Mr. J...

Okay, to fix your problem, the mouth must INGEST water or some other liquid, which would then undergo DIGESTION and would eventually be absorbed by the LARGE INTESTINE.

Hey, where did all my hair go? What should I do now?

JK, here's the right one.

Doubleheader's are a nightmare!!! 18 straight innings of baseball...what now?
 
By the way, in my situation you're dead tired.
 
In order to solve soho's problem, the person should take a sleeping pill which is meant for headaches and dizziness. Sleeping pills work on the GABA receptors in the brain to promote drowsiness. They also help control the level of alertness or relaxation. Finally the body slips into a sleeping stage for 8-10 hours of sleep. It depends on the type of pill the perosn takes and their dosage.

AAAchhhoooo! Oh jeeez, I can't believe I caught a cold again! I seriously need to start wearing heavier slothing when go out to play in the snow. HELP!
 
....terribly sorry about the sleeping errors!
 
WOW i mean spelling errors!!!! hahaha
 
fat matt
 
Okay to stop your cold you can drink plenty of fluids with lots of rest. Ingesting a lot of vitamins such as vitamin c will also help to stimulate your immune system. This can help you to fight your cold.
I am having cramps in my lower abdomenal cavity and i am not suer why. My parents are out of town so i cant ask them. I am wondering what i can do to relieve this pain and find out what is causing it.
 
hi matt... i understand your cramp problem. it is my understanding that cramps are caused by the natural flora and fauna found wihtin your large intestine. aka the bacteria working on the undigested food particles that enter the colon. the best remedy is to study for your biology test on evolution for a minimum of 1 hour a night.
wow... i can't believe it... due to the addition of a hypertonic saline solution the plants in my garden are wilting... how should i deal with this?
 
okay so to maintain homeostasis within the plants you can STOP using that awful saline solution and just use normal water. =D


ive been stranded on a polar ice cap for five days with nothing but a winter coat and thin snowpants... im on the verge of getting hypothermia, and your ship resuces me! please help!
 
Tink here
well to achieve homeostasis you need to warm up. they doing some jumping jacks or running around the ice cap. when you are rescued make sure you keep drinking but first things first is WARM UP. dont go too drastic tho going from one extreme to another can make you worse. and finally get some rest. it will help you body get back to normal.

O MANN! not another rainy day! my head is throbbing and i cant see streight. idk wut to do? ow!


i wasnt really sure wut to do. if this is wrong let me know
 
Well Nicole, you could not stand out in the rain! duuuh! aha.

You should prolly go inside and get under a blanket. Take some pain reliever for you headache, lie in a dark room and sleep. If it helps, drink some tea and honey.

HELP! I'm home alone and I just heard a door slam downstair and footsteps on the stairs. What should I do?

=DDDDD Sorry I had to. SVU is on!!
 
glad to hear that your hypothalamus is working Pam, now that's real homeostasis. your hypothalamus stimulated a secretion of pituitary... so your adrenal gland kicked into first gear... wow... but now that the fright is over... what happens next?
 
Well Mr. J, the body begins the relaxation response where the autonomic nervous system functioning returns to normal. Body systems return to a state of physiological relaxation, where blood pressure, heart rate, digestive functioning and hormonal levels return to their normal state.

Ow! I just slid down my driveway face -first! I have a pretty good cut on my leg. How would my body fix this? [No "get a band-aid" response please.]
 
First, your body would raise it;s temperature to kill any bacteria. THen it would send platelets to the bleeding area to stop the bleeding. Then some swelling might occur because of the blood circulating to that spot. Antibodies would attack any possible viruses that got in through the cut. Puss might show up to initiate scabbing. Soon after, a scab might show up and it would eventually heal.

After seeing all of the blood from my cut, I fainted. How will my body reach homeostasis again?
 
after being cut your body will reproduce more blood in the heart, and your body will reach homeostasis. Once your body gets back to normal you will wake up from your faint and be back to normal.

After waking up from my faint i was dizzy and fell and broke my leg. how will my body reach homeostasis?
 
ITS CARNIEEE =]]

well....the broken leg incident is not valid because yo u cant reach homeostasis from that on your own. You would need help from an outside source. You would have to seek medical attention, including surgery, and after the surgery, physical therapy to build the strength back up in the bone. Eventually, your leg will reach full homeostasis.

I'm playing basketball and i have a mild asthma attack, but i forgot my inhaler..help mee!!!!
 
Well i looked on every website and the only way to help asthma is by taking medication. Your body may cause you to faint to slow down your breathing. You could also try to sooth your air passage by rubbing your neck. Thats the only things i can think, i hope thats ok.

I was clipping my toenails and all of a sudden an earthquake happened that was 10 on the richter scale. I cut my whoel toenail off and now im bleeding every where, whatever shall i do?????!?!?!?!
 
Well, during an asthma attack, the bronchiole smooth muscle contracts which reduces the diameter of the airways and the spasms can close off these airways. To return to homeostasis, epinephrine or several other drugs need to be inhaled as a mist to relax the smooth muscle and open up the airways again.

After recovering from my asthma attack, i keep playing basketball and get really active and hot, how would my body try to cool itself down and keep energy?
 
To cool down your bady and keep the energy, you should walk around and keep a steady pace. You should also take deep controlled breaths. Don't jsut stop abruptly and sit down cause that will just make everything worse.


ok, so after i cooled down, i was taking a walk in the park right after the grass had been mowed. my throat is itchy and my eyes are watering because my allergies are so bad. what do i do?
 
mr. j its not letting me post on the extra credit blog so im doing it here=]


ok, i can see myself trying to save endergy in college. i think its great that these studients are doing so even if it is taking kinda drastic measures. the only thing that would be hard for me are the short showers, because i take lke 15 minute showers. but id totally do all the other stuff=]
 
good morning !
rise and shine
:)
hj
 
To solve Amanda's problem...Allergies are abnormal immune system reactions to things that are typically harmless to most people. When you're allergic to something, your immune system mistakenly believes that this substance is harmful to your body. This is what would be occurring in your body due to the freshly mowed grass. To treat your watery eyes, you could use eye drops. To treat your itchy throat you could try sucking on a piece of hard candy. If that doesn't work, you can take an allergy medicine like Claritin.


After I recovered from my allergies, I ran into my friend from school. She has her dog with her. She asks if I would mind watching it while she gets something to eat for lunch. I agree to help. As soon as I take hold of the dog's leash, he begins chasing a squirrel. I trip and fall and land in a pricker bush. What should I do?
 
well Megan I'm sorry that dog pulled you into the pricker bush. But i would first get up and take out any prickers, then i would put some ointment or Bactineto kill of any harmful bacteria on the cuts. After that I would reprimand the stupid puppy for chasing a squirrel that he wasn't going to catch anyway.

Well I was skydiving and I jumped out of the plane but forgot my parachute. I headed toward the ground and I hit it and broke every bone in my body but all my nerves were for some reason deadened and can't feel any pain. I can barely breathe because my ribs are puncturing my lungs. I fell into the middle of a desert with no one around. WHAT DO I DO?...
 
you would die...........

i am really hot and i just started excersising what do i do?
 
you drink water to re-hydrate yourself.

ive just taken more than the recommended dose of a medication ... what do i do ?
 
its geneeeeeee

well dont do that to begin with. now that it is in your system all you can do is drink water and eat. if you start experiencing weird symptoms CALL 911 otherwise just wait for it to clear your system.


I went to a concert last night and stood right next to the speaker and now i cant hear. what should i do?
 
hmmm... wellm i would take it easy for awhile...and just not listen to anything...get some sleep if you cant hear in like 2 days... deff go to see a doctor or like the emergency room or something.

I just ran for 2 hours straight!!! but i practically chugged 3 huge bottles of watter when i got home. I also had 2 bottles for every hour that i ran while i was running. Now i have a terrible stomachache and i have a headache. What can i do to fix this water issue in my tummy?
 
uhh...allright. id not drink any water for a while. and idk, would eating salty foods work? cuz they would SUCK up the water. but if it doesnt count/ u couid sit down, and for a while ur body will go to the bathroom a lot to get rid of that excess water.

i went swimming all day and played outside in the hot sun and feel light-headded. what should i do?
 
um chris if you are light headed then drink fluids light gatorade because if contains a lot of electrolytes to replenish you
 
and it is a hypertonic drink i ganurantee i am the last blogger
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?