14 June 2008

 
Parting Words From Period Three
Comments:
I thought it was okay. some topics were better than others. One thing i would have done differntly is to more extra credit blogs. I think the blogs could have been eaiser. I liked learning about the new topics posted. I liked the wikis beter than the regular formate. i also liked the conversation ones. My faverorite was the party one because it was an eaisy topic to write about. i realy didnt have a least favorite.
 
I hated the round blogs and i hate to express my self on these blogs but this is pretty easy so i like it if that made sense. I didnt have a favorite because i cant remember any.
 
Generally, I don't think that I liked the blog very much. It was kind of a hassle to have the blog every week. Its just extra homework ontop of every other hw we have and other activities we have. One thing i'd do differently is....not make people post a link. It was really hard sometimes to find a link and it was time consuming. I would change it by not making us post a link. One thing I liked about the blog is that we all could share our ideas and you could see how other people thought compared to you. I hated the wiki because it was confusing and i never totally got it. Yes, sometimes i did read other peoples' entries. I learned about bio, definetly...I don't know if I learned about bioethics, but the blog made me think about it a lot. I did like the convo. format because it made you read other peoples blogs and helped review, i think. Um, i think that my favorite blog was the one where you had to choose a person to live by giving them a liver or something. I don't really know what blog was my least favorite, because I don't really like any of them.
 
I think that doing the blog was alright this year. I enjoyed being kept informed about current events and other peoples views on them. I, however, probably would have liked it better if I was not forced to do it for a grade. I would have liked it if I was just doing it for fun more. The blog was a good learning tool on writing what you feel or wour opinions. I also liked that the work was not hard for the blog. It was very easy to do but sometimes was time consuming. If I were to change anything I would change the due date to Saturday at midnight just so there is that extra day to complete it. I think it would help many people who don't have the time or the access to a computer during the week to complete the blog. I liked that we could see the opinions of our classmates because we could see where they stand on an issue. I did like the use of the wiki. I thought it was more fun than writing a response like a normal blog. My favorite topic was the party. It was simple and fun to see what other people would bring to a party that could only have foods produced in the area.
 
1. I thought the blog was OK. The fact that it was a forced thing that you had to remember and keep in the back of your head to do every week added a little pressure. However, i suppose it was a much better alternative then any other kind of homework that might take its place. At times i thought some of them were kinda just to keep us busy and were tedious. However, other times when ethics and such were thrown in and debates were started, it was pretty interesting anf fun. It also helped me learn a little bit about current biology.

2. One thing that i really disliked was posting a link. It was really troublesome to find a link for some things and often frustrating because you were forced to spend time searching for an answer you already knew. I would not require a mandatory link for the blogs.

3. One thing i like from week to week was getting to read other peoples thoughts and how they comapred to your own.

4. I STRONGLY DISLIKED THE WIKI. it just annoyed me, the end. Like i said above i did read others entries, and i did learn about current biology, bioethics, and about my own classmates by their ideas. I did like the conversation format blog because it connected everyone's entries and made it more interesting.

5. i had several favorites like the who gets the kidney blog, because it sparked a lot of debate and really made you think and stand up for your ideas. It also showed how diverse the feelings of 20 some odd people can be. I can't really remember any that i particularly disliked although i know there were a few.
 
1. It wasn't bad but it was not my favorite thing to do for the most part.

2. Improvements besides not doing it?! Ok, um.....put some more interesting topics, like the pregnant man or the animal rights. Anything that does not require too much thinking to do.

3. I enjoyed reading about biological technology, like the artificial robotic life.

4. The wikis were not as good, I found editing it to be a bother. I sometimes read other people's entries. I did learn some biology. The conversation format was pretty good because I didnt have to open

5. explorers just to look at the question, look for a site, post a comment, think of a question, while playing my games at the same time.

6. Eric's green house thingy, I don't like to look back and forth for the answer that you find in the article, I prefer opinions because you're never wrong
 
1. This year's bio blog was very interesting. I liked because most of them were easy and weren't very time consuming considering they were worth 10 points.

2. i would have done the blogs earlier in the week. Procrastinating until Friday night was not a good idea. It created a lot more stress but i git r done.

3. I liked how you talked about how our planet was doing. Also about human health including drugs and natural foods. I actually liked learning about what could help our environment and specifically us human beings.

4. No i didnt really like the wiki because it was a little annoying. One time i had to write below the table because it would allow me to make another row. It really did not strike my interest.

5. I really like the plastic bag blog. It was my favorite because it really opened my eyes how bad these bags were for the environment. Because of that blog i bought the canvas bag and bring it with me everytime i got shopping so i dont have to use the plastic bags.

Seeya next year mr.J, have a good summer :)
 
i thought that the blog was fun but i also didn't like it because i forgot to do it a lot. if i had to change the blog, i would not assign a specific topic. i would just let everyone talk about biology. i enjoyed reading everyones blog entries. yes, i like the wiki. i did read other peoples entries and i learned new stuff. my favorite topic was the last 2 weeks when someone would state a question and you had to answer it because it was easy and fun.
 
The blogs this year were ok. I didn't like the blog because it became a little bit of a burden to do and yours truly always waited until the last minute to do it. One thing i would change is to make the tasks a little easier. I liked the blog because it was cool to see what others said and how your answer was different/similar to someone else's. I hated the wiki because it was confusing and i never knew if i did the assignment right. I honestly don't remember any of the blog topics i remember the party food thingy.... yeah that was just "amazing"
 
i think that the bog was alright. sometimes it was fun other it was a little annoying. i dont haven any ideas of improvement. i liked goin out and finding thei link that supported my opinion. i didnt tlike the wikki. my favorites were the class parties and my least favorites were the ones decdiding on who lives
 
I thought the blog was a great alternative to a homework assignment. I like that it was an online type assignment because I’m like always on the computer and so it was of great convenience. Of course sometimes it was somewhat of a burden to remember to do it, but I would much rather have this over any other written out assignment. On Saturday mornings when I woke up I always used to get scared that I didn’t do it, and then I would panic haha. I also had a dream one time that I didn’t do the blog and I woke up all nervous lol. To tell you the truth Mr. J, I wouldn’t have done anything differently. I thought all the topics were great for discussion and debate. Well, actually I very much enjoyed doing the blogs that like responded to other students’ questions. I like how we all interacted with each other. It would have been pretty sweet it there were more of those types of blogs. I would have like all the students ask various topics in biology that expressed ethics and morals. I think students next year would enjoy having those types of blogs. Well, then again how would I know? Lol. I realy enjoyed seing people’s responses to the blog topics, especially the ones that went deep down into the core of ethics in biology. I thought it was interesting to see which classmates agreed with me and to look at things from different points of views through the other comments. And I also liked doing the polls, because for some reason I felt like no one would pick the same answer as me, but then I was always in the majority percentage. I thought the wiki was pretty good and easy. The assignments associated with the wiki were usually short and they weren’t that hard. I ALWAYS read like everyone’s entries, that was the funnest part! I really did learn a lot about ethics. After reading some entries on the ethics blog, my ideas and opinions changed. The convo format like I said before, was the BEST! Hmmm, I really enjoyed the kidney donor blog because it made me think a lot and it made me actually feel like someone who decides who will live. I also like the carbon footprint one because it just amazed me on how much we consume on earth. I didn’t really like the one about someone stealing some guy’s kidney or live, I forget which one it was. I thought it was very sad to write about. Hahah this is soooo weird that it’s my last blog : )
Well, it’s been a great year Mr. J !
 
Mr. J,

First off I would like to say it has been really fun working with you in creating these blogs. Hopefully I'll be able to help you again with this someday.

I liked the blog this year. I thought it was a creative way to include our computer interest with biology. Even though most of my entries were stalled out until Friday due to excess work in other classes, I puts lots of thought into each one. As much as it seems like a hassle to others, it was worth it.

The blog is set up quite nicely. There's not much I would want to change about it. In fact, I can't think of any off the top of my head. I could really spend time picking it apart and finding flaws, but that's too time consuming and it really takes away from the fact that this was really good overall. I guess it would have been nice to do a few more really controversial issues. (Maybe something involving HIV)

What I liked most about the weekly entries? It made me think. Due to the bioblog and biology curriculum, I have a found an interest in pursuing a career in the biological field. Besides the fact that I pushed it off until the last minute, even missing it once, it was fun researching new things to learn about biology.

The wiki? Eh, the wiki was ok. I probably learned more from the bioblog rather than the wiki. But I did learn a lot about biology, bioethics, and other people.

ADVICE: The conversational format would have been better if it was not used in Blogger. This website does not support a conversational format. Actually, a forum would be better suited for this. If you do end up reading this Mr.J, feel free to email me on starting a forum and how it would be used in biology. (If you don't I'll probably email you during the summer anyway.) ^_^

Favorite Blog: Kidney Transplant
Why? It was probably the most ethically/morally difficult to answer. I love when controversy comes into play to really make you think about the decisions that you are making.

Least Favorite Blog: Using the Internet as a source
Why? Didn't really have anything to do directly with biology, and it was kind of a waste of time. If you want to do something differently next year, try to exclude that one.

Well that was a long entry. Probably the longest bioblog entry I've written. Well if you need any ideas for next year's topics Mr. J, you know how to contact me. It's been a great year. Have a good summer. (I'll make sure to come and visit)

Former Bioblog Contributor:
-Ninja
 
JOHNSON!!! its so weird not seeing you everyday! saddness!!! anyway the blogs were nomally pretty ok. well me being like im i always forgot or waited til friday night. oops! its was a kool assignment when i remembered. my fav ones were when you made it so we hand to read what others said like the review ones or the ones that all we had to do was give our opinion. the links were a annoying because most of the time i knew the answer but i had to take the time and find a link to go with it. ugh johnson!
I totally perfered the blog over the other online homework no matter wut it was like. the wikis were my all time fav! it was kool having to actually read other peoples entries. i liked the format everything i think i actually learned more from that. i think that basically covers it. man its the last blog! =[ well peacee out johnson!
 
good morning,
time to study for the bio regents !
see ya tuesday
:)
hj
 
i thought the blog was ok. i kept forgetting it, so it was kinda annoying. i would have tried to remember the blog more. i did not like the wiki, i thought it was satupid and hard to use. it was cool , but it was a hassle to not only do the blog but figure out how to use the wiki. i really dont remember any topics, so i cant pick my favorite. haha


and sorry this is late, my internet has been acting up and i couldnt do it. sorry =]]]
 
i liked the blog more than i thought i would. it taught me a lot about bio and i became more computer savvy=] ha
the only thing that i didnt like about the blog was that is was sometimes annoying when at 11:30 you're about to go to bed and then you realize you forgot to do the blog. i really dont know how to fix that, maybe it was just me.

i think the concept of the wiki is good, but when i used it it came out weird and it was strange.

sometimes i read what other people wrote just to see other peoples opinions or interesting facts that they had found.

i liked the conversation format a lot because we got to interact with eachother and review.


my favorite blog was the "stuff" video one. i know it was extra credit, but i actually really liked it. my least favorite was the one about the organ donors and you had to pick who got to live.


sorry im late=[

have a great summmer=]
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?