21 September 2008
Work is due by midnight 26 September
Period 1's Postings and Links
Comments:
<< Home
I either use google or ask.com.
I can tell a site is reliable and secure by either the ending (gov, com,org) or by looking for a lock sign at the top which means the site is secure.
Online Safety
One way it says to stay safe is by not giving out your age without your parents permission.
I can tell a site is reliable and secure by either the ending (gov, com,org) or by looking for a lock sign at the top which means the site is secure.
Online Safety
One way it says to stay safe is by not giving out your age without your parents permission.
I find websites from google or yahoo.com.
I know if a website is giving me honest information because it is either sponsored by the government or a foundation in the related area of what i am looking up.
When to trust a website
One way to evaluate if a website is reliable is to make sure it doesn't ask for personal information that doesn't seem necessary.
I know if a website is giving me honest information because it is either sponsored by the government or a foundation in the related area of what i am looking up.
When to trust a website
One way to evaluate if a website is reliable is to make sure it doesn't ask for personal information that doesn't seem necessary.
I use Google or Ask.com. You check the ending because if it is .gov it is one of the best choices. OnGuard Online OnGuard Online provides helpful tips to to make sure you know what could happen and prevent what ever it is from happening. OnGuard Online is a government website helping you to protect your computer.
You can find a website you have posted by searching its http:// address. For example, to find google.com you would type in http://google.com. Personally I use sites like google.com, and yahooanswers.com. You know that the website you choose is giving you "honest and ethical" information, by the URL itself. For example, sites with endings such as .gov, or .edu are most likely trustworthy sites. If the site is secure, it will have a lock in the URL this is another way to tell if a site is reliable. The site that I found, which has guidelines to evaluate a truthful site is library.cornell.edu. Here is a link to this site. "http://www.library.cornell.eduClick Here". One way this site suggests me to evaluate a website used for reference is if the page lists the author or incorporation who published the page, and a means of contacting them it is most likely accurate. Also if the URL’s domain ends in (.edu, .gov, .org, or .net), it is likely to be reliable.
I found the website that I'm posting on google. I know that it's safe and ethical because it's a .gov site so since it's run by the government I would imagine that it's very secure.
Internet Safety
This website says that you shouldn't put address, phone number, age, of full name on the internet.
Internet Safety
This website says that you shouldn't put address, phone number, age, of full name on the internet.
1) I used Google to find a reliable source of websites.
2) I usually rely on the ending of the URL to determine if a sight is valid. If it's .Gov, .Org, .Net, or something like that I believe it is a good sight.
3) Reliable Site
4) I learned if the date it was last updated it very, very, very, very, very old, you shouldn't use that site.
2) I usually rely on the ending of the URL to determine if a sight is valid. If it's .Gov, .Org, .Net, or something like that I believe it is a good sight.
3) Reliable Site
4) I learned if the date it was last updated it very, very, very, very, very old, you shouldn't use that site.
When I am in search of websites I use google or yahoo. In order for me to trust the site for reliable and secure informartion I check the URL ending. Endings include .gov, .edu, and sometimes .net.
Safe Surf?
This site tells not to give personal to any site especially unfamilar popups.
Safe Surf?
This site tells not to give personal to any site especially unfamilar popups.
1. I always use google because it is the only one i know.
2.i can tell a site is reliable by looking at the sponcer of the website and the ending of the address like .gov or .edu.
3.nhaven
4.A site with a tilde (~) in the address means it is updated by an individual.
2.i can tell a site is reliable by looking at the sponcer of the website and the ending of the address like .gov or .edu.
3.nhaven
4.A site with a tilde (~) in the address means it is updated by an individual.
I use google to find my websites.
i can tell that a website it reliable and not fake by the ending of the url.If the url ends in gov,org, or com then its mostly likely or almost diffinatly accurate.
What to know about trusting a website
One way to protect yourself online is to not give out any personal information to unwanted popups.
i can tell that a website it reliable and not fake by the ending of the url.If the url ends in gov,org, or com then its mostly likely or almost diffinatly accurate.
What to know about trusting a website
One way to protect yourself online is to not give out any personal information to unwanted popups.
I find a website that I post by using google and typing in http://.
One way to find out if a website is safe is by looking at the url. If it says .gov, .com, or .org then it is a safe site.
Safe website
This is the website I found.
One way my website tells people if you are looking at a safe site is by checking the date. If it's pretty current, it's a safe site.
One way to find out if a website is safe is by looking at the url. If it says .gov, .com, or .org then it is a safe site.
Safe website
This is the website I found.
One way my website tells people if you are looking at a safe site is by checking the date. If it's pretty current, it's a safe site.
1. I found my website using Google
2. I know the website I'm viewing is giving me "Honest and Ethical Information," because it's .edu or .gov or it has a lock in the lower right of the screen like this site does.
3. & 4. the website I'm viewing is The ITS Help Desk
5. My site says a simple way to check if a site is secure is to see if the http ends with an s.
2. I know the website I'm viewing is giving me "Honest and Ethical Information," because it's .edu or .gov or it has a lock in the lower right of the screen like this site does.
3. & 4. the website I'm viewing is The ITS Help Desk
5. My site says a simple way to check if a site is secure is to see if the http ends with an s.
i usually google it but i usually use wikipedia=]
to know tht it is safe 1 i look at the url n if its ending is gov or org iknow that it is safe. also sometimes there is a lock in the corner of the screen and it tells me that its safe.
authentic saftey
one way to evaluate is-
The server is usually named in first portion of the URL (between http:// and the first /)
to know tht it is safe 1 i look at the url n if its ending is gov or org iknow that it is safe. also sometimes there is a lock in the corner of the screen and it tells me that its safe.
authentic saftey
one way to evaluate is-
The server is usually named in first portion of the URL (between http:// and the first /)
1. I will most likely find a website I post by using google or by knowing about it previously.
2. I will know that the website I choose is giving me "honest and ethical" information because the writer left his contact information, when it was last updated, and if it was pretty close to the beginning of the search results.
3/4. "honest and ethical information
5. One way to evaluate a website used for reference is to see if the ending is .edu vs. .org, .gov vs. .com, etc.
2. I will know that the website I choose is giving me "honest and ethical" information because the writer left his contact information, when it was last updated, and if it was pretty close to the beginning of the search results.
3/4. "honest and ethical information
5. One way to evaluate a website used for reference is to see if the ending is .edu vs. .org, .gov vs. .com, etc.
Just to let you know that quotation mark isn't just random I just forgot to put the other one in - oh well.
I type it into google. I can tell if the site is safe if the url ends in .gov or if the information in the site if simular to other sites.
10 Things to Check to See if a Website is real
My website says to check if the site is listed on sites warning viewers of unreliable information.
10 Things to Check to See if a Website is real
My website says to check if the site is listed on sites warning viewers of unreliable information.
I found this website by searching in the search engine.
I know that this website is correct information because the url ends with .org meaning its an organization.
Safe Internet Usage
On this website there are many different videos that show you how to be safe on the internet.
I know that this website is correct information because the url ends with .org meaning its an organization.
Safe Internet Usage
On this website there are many different videos that show you how to be safe on the internet.
I most always use google.com or sometimes ask.com if i can't find my information on google.
I always know when a site is secure by the ending of the URL. If its secure and reliable its usually .gov, .com, .org and or .net
Internet Safety
I always know when a site is secure by the ending of the URL. If its secure and reliable its usually .gov, .com, .org and or .net
Internet Safety
I use google to find websites
From the ending of the wedsite adress and reading about the people who wrote the information you can tell if a site is safe.
How to Evaluate a Website
One thing the website says is to look at the suffix of the website adress.
Biology is life! :D
From the ending of the wedsite adress and reading about the people who wrote the information you can tell if a site is safe.
How to Evaluate a Website
One thing the website says is to look at the suffix of the website adress.
Biology is life! :D
I use google.
I can figure out if a website is reliable by the ending (.edu, .gov.) are the most reliable sources online.
Click Here
One way to stay safe online is always to check the domain.
I can figure out if a website is reliable by the ending (.edu, .gov.) are the most reliable sources online.
Click Here
One way to stay safe online is always to check the domain.
I usally use google or ask.com if I can't find find what I'm looking for.
I can tell if a site is safe by looking at the end of the URL.If it says .gov, .net or.com, then the site is usually safe.
"http://www.safesurf.com/Click Here"
This site says that you should never give out any personal information to any site that you know is not safe and to never give info out to popups.
I can tell if a site is safe by looking at the end of the URL.If it says .gov, .net or.com, then the site is usually safe.
"http://www.safesurf.com/Click Here"
This site says that you should never give out any personal information to any site that you know is not safe and to never give info out to popups.
1. i find the website on google.com
2.I know if the website is "honest and ethical" when the begnning of the address starts with http, and when it ends with .org,.gov,.com. There also might be a symbol at the top of the website saying it is safe.
"internet safety"
5.my suggested site is safe because it is from the government (ends with .gov)
2.I know if the website is "honest and ethical" when the begnning of the address starts with http, and when it ends with .org,.gov,.com. There also might be a symbol at the top of the website saying it is safe.
"internet safety"
5.my suggested site is safe because it is from the government (ends with .gov)
1) I found the site by using Google.
2) I know that it is honest and ethical by that if the URl ending is .gov, .edu, or net. If it ends in .gov that means its based on government info and you can definitely trust it.
3) Safe site
4) One way it tell that the site is safe by that Can you tell from the web address what type of organisation owns the website?
2) I know that it is honest and ethical by that if the URl ending is .gov, .edu, or net. If it ends in .gov that means its based on government info and you can definitely trust it.
3) Safe site
4) One way it tell that the site is safe by that Can you tell from the web address what type of organisation owns the website?
SAFE.
I found this website by looking up "online safety" on www.Google.com. I know it is safe because it has the lock key on my URL bar. It also said ".org". That means it is run by the government which is safe as well. The website gives tips and guidelines to surf the web safely.
I found this website by looking up "online safety" on www.Google.com. I know it is safe because it has the lock key on my URL bar. It also said ".org". That means it is run by the government which is safe as well. The website gives tips and guidelines to surf the web safely.
When I have to find a website, I pretty much always use google.com.
To know if the site is a secure and reliable source, I check the ending to see if it is .gov, which means it is a government run site, so the information must be true.
Internet Safety
The site says that you should never enter personal information to popups. For instance, if the popup says you won a prize, they are just looking for your information.
To know if the site is a secure and reliable source, I check the ending to see if it is .gov, which means it is a government run site, so the information must be true.
Internet Safety
The site says that you should never enter personal information to popups. For instance, if the popup says you won a prize, they are just looking for your information.
Internet safety
I use google to find websites.
I can tell if a website is reliable by the end of the website adress
one way to stay safe is having fraud protection to stop you from going to a website that can be something its not.
I use google to find websites.
I can tell if a website is reliable by the end of the website adress
one way to stay safe is having fraud protection to stop you from going to a website that can be something its not.
I usually find my webites on google.
You can tell if a site is secure in many ways. Some are the endings(.com,.edu,.gov, etc.), another is a little lock on or next to the address bar, or an "s" at the end of the http://.
online safety
One way that you can decide if the site is safe or not, according to my site, is to ask yourself where you found the site.
You can tell if a site is secure in many ways. Some are the endings(.com,.edu,.gov, etc.), another is a little lock on or next to the address bar, or an "s" at the end of the http://.
online safety
One way that you can decide if the site is safe or not, according to my site, is to ask yourself where you found the site.
i usually use google or ask.com to find information.
i can tell a site is reliable depending of its ending. for example, if the ending is:.gov, its supported by the goyernment(reliable)also, some pages have a small lock in the address bar or next to it.
finding a relaible site!
one way is to check when was the last time the website was updated.
i can tell a site is reliable depending of its ending. for example, if the ending is:.gov, its supported by the goyernment(reliable)also, some pages have a small lock in the address bar or next to it.
finding a relaible site!
one way is to check when was the last time the website was updated.
I find websites by using the search feature on google.com. Standardly, I can tell the website is safe and honest by a lock sign in my browser, or if the website is a .gov one.
Click Here
This website explains the lock feature that is shown in certain websites. The lock feature indicates that the site is indeed secure.
Post a Comment
Click Here
This website explains the lock feature that is shown in certain websites. The lock feature indicates that the site is indeed secure.
<< Home
