19 October 2008

 
Postings, Opinions, & Links from Period One
Comments:
If I had the choice to pick between these four people I would pick the scientist. Even though other peoples lives are at risk she is on the merge of saving millions of lives from cancer. She has had a successful life and maybe she could make her life more memorable if she finds such a cure. Even though the young girl is important to many she haas not made an impact on the world yet. The father is important to his three kids, I think he has casued problems in his health through such drinking.
Organ transplant
 
1. I believe that the scientist deserves the kidney transplant.
2.The scientist can do a lot for people by going through with her work in discovering a cure for cancer. It is indeed hard to weigh the value of someone so late in their lives. It is perhaps even harder to do in early life. The seven year old could go on to do great things, but we know the scientist has already done great things. The scientist may not live very long even with the transplant though. But I still feel that is the best choice.
3. I didn't choose the recovering alcoholic because he can damage the new kidney by drinking alcohol. I didn't choose the athlete with HIV because he's already prone to infections.
4.Face Transplant
 
I would give the kidney to the seven year old girl. I feel she is the best chose because she is just a kid and she wasn't able to live her life yet. I also feel that someone that young doesn't to die. She also doesn't have any other medical problems, so if she gets the kidney she will most likely not have any other illnesses in the near future. Even though it is unknown, she might go on to do good things, just like the scientist has. I also feel that a child that young shouldn't be taken away from her family because of a kidney when she has the opportunity for a transplant.
I didn't choose the scientist because even if she is on th everge of finding a cure for cancer, she might not actually find the cure. She was also probably working with someone else to find the cure so teh research can go on if she dies. I also think that at 74 she has lived a long life and younger people deserve to have a long life.
Pros and Cons
 
I believe the child should get the transplant. She will probably live longer then all the rest. She also has the most to offer. Who knows she could go and end world hunger. She has the most potential and I think it's unfair to cut her life short.

I think the scientist shouldn't get it because she's old and has a whole team that can continue her research. I also believe the sinlge parent shouldn't because he damaged his body and should have to live with the consequences. Also he might get the kidneys and become and alchoholic again and ruin them.

Organ Transplant
 
I think the scientist should recieve the kidney. The scientist is on the merge of fnding the cure for cancer, and if successful she would be responsible for saving millions of lives. The kidney is needed for her to finish her work. She lived to be old, and if succesful with the cancer cure, she would have impacted the world greatly. Therefore she is very important, and if the kidney transplant goes to her, more people have the potential to be saved in the long run. Finding the cure of cancer would change the world, and more peoples lives would be saved. I did not give the kidney to the athlete because he is HIV positive. Odds are even with the kidney he will die anyway because of his other infection. The father didn't receive the kidney because he may damage this new one. Risking this would have made it a wasted kidney.

The Pros and Cons of Living Donor Liver Transplant
 
I think that the 7 year old girl should get the transplant. She is still so young she might do something just as amazing as the scientsit or even better. Even if she doesn't do that, she should still get a chance to live a life. Also, talking away a parents child at such a young age is cruel for them. The little gil should be given a chance to live instead of being cut short.
I did not choose the scientist because if she was about to cure cancer then she had to be working with other people. If she dies then other people could take over from where she left off.
good/bad organ transplant
 
If i was in the comity I would give the transplant to the seven year old girl. I picked the seven year old girl because she hasn't lived her live to the fullest. It would be a disgrace to not let her live. She is a still a child and has a lot to give to the world, I always hear kids are our future. Who knows she might become someone to cure a disease like aids or even something small in her community. I would give the organ to the athlete because he has aids and will die pretty soon. I wouldn't give it to the scientist because she is old and has lived her life, she must have kept records about her research some other scientist could carry that on. I wouldn't give the organ to the father because he is an alcoholic and has enough money to support his kids.

Organ Transplant
 
I believe the seven year old child show receive the kidney transplant. The child has her whole life to look forward to and may be inspired by the chance she has to live. She might head into a carrier in science and help develop cures to diseases or help the need for transplants. Knowing that someone was kind to her and let her live, might remind her how lucky she is and not to mess up her life. Allowing the child to receive the transplant will prove a wiser choose in the long run than any of the other choices. Picking the boxer would not be the best choice because of two reasons. For one thing, he is HIV positive. Although he is young, he will be more likely to die sooner than the girl due to the HIV or other complications due to his job as a boxer. As so he is a famous boxer, therefore her much a good amount of money. With the money, he can by special drugs to help with HIV for a little bit, but if nothing else, the HIV will kill him.
Pros and Cons of Organ transplants
 
I would personally give the kidney to the seven year old girl. She has had very little life to live, and who knows what she may accomplish throughout her lifetime. Also, the since everyone else is older they are nearing the end of their lives anyways. To take a child that young out of this world isn't right and her family will have a lot more to lose than the others. Since the girl is so young, she probably will not be likely to have any other health problems. I did not choose the scientist because she is probably working with other scientists who can find the cure without her. The dad may ruin his new kidney if he were to receive the transplant by drinking again, an the athlete has AIDS so he has a minimal chance of living anyhow.



Organ Transplant.
 
I think that the best choice for who should receive the transplant would be the seven year old girl. She has her entire life ahead of her and nobody knows what her life will be like. I believe that the little girl has the most to gain out of all of the characters. I think the boxer shouldn't be picked because he already has health issues that may affect how long he will live. The man should not be picked because when he gets the kidney, if he starts drinking again he may damage his kidney again. Also, since he is wealthy his children, although they will be upset that he is no longer alive, will be able to go to a nice home and be taken care of. Finally, I don't think the scientist should be picked because she is older then all the others and most likely has the least amount of life to gain. Even though she may soon find the cure for cancer nobody can determine for sure that she will discover the cure before she dies anyway and since she is a famous scientist she should have other people working with her who can continue with her ideas after she dies.

Good News and Bad News About Organ Transplants
 
i would choose the scientist to recieve the kidney . i choose the scientist because by having the other three (3) die, many more will be saved. The scientist is on the verge of curing cancer, the top killer of people in the WORLD. Also by curing cancer, many other diseases could be cured using the same method the scientist used. The scientist is old and should be allowed to live the end of the life that she worked hard to achieve. The cure for cancer is a much more significant feat than the seven year old who hasn't done anything yet with her life and finding a cure for cancer is much more significant than a girl who is probably become (in no disrespect to girls) that of an average or lower status and the scientist is already an important person in the world. I did not choose the athlete because of the fact that he is posotive with HIV and he will eventually die anyway and it would be useless to use the kidney with a man on his death bed. It would also be a waste to use the kidney on the father because he is a recovering drunk and if he ever started drinking again, the kidney would get messed up again. The child would not be a good choice because things happen to kids that should not be and they happen to a lot of kids. She also has the potential to get injured with the way kids play.
Transplantation
 
I think that the 70 year old woman should get the transplant. She has made contributions to the world with her reaserch, even if she hasnt found the cure to cancer yet, and diserves to have the chance to live to try to finish her research and find the cure. If she finishes her research she will be able to save millions of people. Also, she will be able to educate others on how she made the cure and how that can lead to finding other cures. Ulitimatly, if she finds the cure for cancer she can help find the cure to other widly spread deseases. I would not chose the father because he is wealthy and his money can take care of his children when he passes. Also, he has already caused harm to his body with alchol,even though he is recovering, and that can lead to his death being sooner even with the transplant. I wouldnt chose the althelete because him having HIV will cause him to die soon anyway.

Transplanting Organs
 
I belive that the man should get it. I chose the man because he seems like the person who would do best with the transplat. Unlike the kid and the scientist he is a good age to have an easy time accepting the new organ and recovering from the surgery. Another canidate is the boxer but he has HIV so he is at a lower chabce of recooperating propertly. I belive this because I think this has nothing to do with a persons position in life but how there chance is for recovering. Since the single father is the only one I see that will not die or need a new transplant he is the one that I choose. The scientist did not recive my vote for the transplant because she is told to undergo a major sugery and have her body handle it.

pros and cons of organ transplant
 
I believe i would let the 7 year old girl recieve the transplant.

Everyone says that the kids are the next generation and she could go on achieving great things.The child would also probably live the longest and put her life to better use.I think she deserves to live longer because all the others have lived for a while.The girl may also try to preserve her body and keep it as healthy as possible because she would be fortunate to have a healthy organ.I also believe that the parents would be very sad if she died and that would not be fair to kill a very young child.
I did not pick the athlete because he has HIV. It would be a waste of an organ because people with HIV do not live long.The athlete is also 40 so he has lived a good amount of life even though its not really long.

pros and cons of organ transplants
 
If i had to choose one of the four candidates for the transplant i would choose the scientist. Although she is the oldest she has the most to gain. she is on the verge of a major break through. Cancer is a huge crisis in our country and a cure for that woud save millions. I personally have cancer run in my family so that just makes me want to save her a little more because it couls ventually save me. The recovering alocholic did not recieve my vote because he choose his fate. Ecessive drinkin leads to kidney failure. it was inevitable that his kidneies were oging to fail, so in the long run it was his fault. He had the choice to save them but he didnt.


pros and cons
 
I would pick the man to get the transplant. I think he deserves the kidney because his age is at its prime compared to the others besides the athlete because he has a deadly disease already. The father would probably take the kidney with no complications. If the father does not drink as much as he did before then the kidney should last a while if he stays healthy.the only negative thing about the father getting the kidney is if he starts drinking excessive amounts of alcohol again. I did not choose the scientist because she is 74 years old and other scientist probably are on the brink of curing cancer. I did not choose the athlete for the ovious reason that he has AIDS. I did not choose the kid because the more important and older people that deserve the transplant more than she does.

http://www.nature.com/ki/journal/v69/n6/full/5000262a.html
 
I think that the 7 year old girl should have the transplant. Unlike the others she has her whole life before her now. I dont think the scientist should get it because shes probably working with other scientists who also probably are on the verge of finding a cure. I dont think the athelete should get it because he has AIDS and will probably die in a few yrs if he didnt have kidney failure. And last i wouldnt pick the other guy because he has a drinking problem and whos to say if he got the kidney back and he started drinking again.



http://www.organdonor.gov/
 
I think the little girl should get the organ transplant. I think she still has her whole life ahead of her. She could be the next woman president and we would of never known.She could do amazing things with her life.I think she would be very greatful for what she had and mabey even try to get a carrer in that feild to help people just like she has be helped.I just think she would make the most sense to have the organ transplant.Although the scientist was on the verge of something, other people were working with her so they have all the breakthroughs she found.She is also older, and surely has lived her life.

Pro's and Con's of liver transplants
 
If it was my choise on who should get the kidney trasplant i would chose the scientist. i would chose her because she is about to find the cure for cancer. also if this scientist is about to find the cure for the worlds bigest killer think of what else she could do. i think she should also live to get the credit for what she will do. I would not chose the alcoholic because he did this to him self by drinking so much . I mean would you give someone a new house just because they decided to light it on fire for fun..no,same idea. I would not chose the boxer because he would most likly died because of his other desiease. now for the hardest explanation. I would not chose the little girl because her parents should give one to her , i would if it was my kid.

Click Here
 
couldnt write my name in the box, but its GABSTERRR



If I were to choose a candidate for the transplant, I would choose the young , seven year old girl. She hasn't been able to live out a full life. She could be one of the people in this world who impact it by great amounts. I think the child should receive the transplant because all the other choices have lived out about half of their life. I didn't pick the ex-alcoholic father because he is rich. Since he is rich he has enough money to take care of his three children. He can also be the cause of making the transplant go to waste because he can end up damaging the new kidney because of drinking. The boxer didn't receive the kidney because he already has HIV. He is expected to die anyway. I was almost going to lean towards giving the transplant to the scientist because she was on the verge of finding a cure for cancer. But, since she is a scientist all of her data and studies would be left and she most likely worked with other researchers or scientists. They would then be able to complete the research and create the cure for cancer.


[[ it wouldnt let me post my link]] HERES THE WEBSITE:

http://www.mayoclinic.org /liver-transplant/livingdonorlivertransplant.html
 
I think that the scientist should have the kidney transplant - because the scientist is able to find a way to restore the health of many people (with cancer). Many more people die from cancer (including children) as opposed to people with kidney failures. The athlete has not done anything significant either. The father would be a great loss to his children, but he is not going to do anything that anyone can benefit either. Overall, more lives would be saved given the doctor lives.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/liver-transplant/livingdonorlivertransplant.html
 
Out of these four candidates I would personally have to pick the scientist for the kidney transplant. She is on the verge for finding the cure for cancer. The disease that millions and millions of people have. That to me is a risk that no one should take. Some one who has the answers to something that no one has found the cure for yet, and you would give a transplant to a boxer who is HIV positive so is pretty much gonna die any day already. I also think that the father, who is wealthy, risked his own life. He was an alcoholic who is now recovering but the alcohol is causing him to get a kidney transplant.Also the girl is 7 years old, she would be my second choice i think?! I think the scientist would be the right choice
 
Organ Transplant
 
I think that the seven year old should get the transplant. I think this because she has more life ahead of her. If she dies now, she can’t do great things to the world when she gets older. Since she also doesn’t have any other medical problems either, after the transplant she won’t get sick like some of the other people. This would mean that she could live longer then the rest of the people that do have other diseases. Her family would also be devastated and it’s not fair that they would have to go through that suffering.
I didn’t vote for the scientist because even though she was on the verge of finding the cure for cancer, somebody had to be with her. And if nobody was, she should have taken some notes. I didn’t vote for the athlete dude because he has HIV anyways and he’s most likely not going to live much longer. Plus, I think his fans would get over the fact that he died. I didn’t vote for the single parent either. This is because he is rich and his kids would be in good hands while he was gone.

liver transplant (pros and cons are down a little)
 
1) I believe the 40 year old man deserves the kidney.

2) I believe the 40 year old man deserves the kidney. I think he deserves it more then everyone else because he has three kids that he needs to take care of. Also, other candidates have pros and cons to them. The 40 year old man had the most pros. He had no cons except for that he is a recovering alcoholic. But, I believe because he's recovering, he will be responsible because of the kidney that he received.

3) I excluded certain people. First, I chose the scientist. She was quite old and she most likely didn't have much time. Next, I chose the athlete. This man had HIV/AIDS. He could die within 10-20 years from this infection. Although, he was fairly young, he had multiple cons to his situation. Finally, I excluded the 7 year old girl. She was the hardest to chose not the get the kidney. This was because of her age. But, I ended up choosing the 40 year old man because of his three kids.

4)UK Parliament Information on Organ Transplants! ! !
 
i will give the kidney to the child. i choose the child because she would get the most use out of the kidny. the scientist is old and will die in another 10 - 15 years anyeay. the boxer has hiv and it terminal. the single father is a recovering alchoholic and he put himself in the perdicamind he is in.another reason is that the childs future is undetermind she could find the cure for hiv or another deadly diseace. i will nit give the kidney to the scientist because if she worked with co-workers then the co-workers would be able to continue the research on cancer.

controvercy on organs
 
If I had to pick one of these organ needers I would definitely choose the father. He has worked so hard to quit his drinking problem and I think that he deserves to live. Also his children have gone through enough losing their mother and being raised by an alcoholic, how would they feel if they lost their other parent. Although he is very wealthy money can't buy love. I wouldn't pick the little girl because she might have other problems in the future causing her to die. Thats means they gave the kidney to her for no reason. The athlete shouldn't get it because he's already gunna die since he has HIV. I wouldn't choose the scientist because she probably worked with a team to find her cure and also I'm afraid that the world may turn out like the movie I Am Legend if we find a so called cure for cancer.
Good or Bad?
 
I would choose the scientist for the transplant.

I would choose the scientist because if she finds the cure for cancer she could save millions of lives. The transplant would also y make her live longer. So if she lives she could keep working beyond the cure for cancer. Which might lead to the discovery of other things that would be of great value to mankind. A example of that would be to figure out a way to make our planet truly "green" (as in environmentally friendly) which could greatly benefit our planet.

I would not choose the alcoholic because he is more than likely to damage his liver again by drinking alcohol.

organ donation
 
if i had to pick someone to give the kidney to, i would give the kidney to the child. the child has a whole life ahead of her. she can even be a scientist that can actually come very close to finding the cure of a rare disease. i would not give the kidney to the ex alcoholic father because he might eventually fall back to drinking and damage another organ of his body, like his liver.also he has enough money to live his children safe with someone being in charge of them.

organ transplants
 
good morning !
:)
hj
 
I think the 40 year old man should get the transplant.
I chose him because he has three children and if he dies the kids could become very messed up, assuming that the mother is dead as well, and that they still live with their father. The kids could cause a lot of bad things because of their reaction to thier fathers death and the money they have. Also, since the man has a lot of money he is obviously a major assest to something so the loss of him could be very bad. As for his recovering alcohol addiction, I think that he would be more driven to stop because of nearly dying if he didn't recieve a kidney.
The reason I didn't choose the little girl is because she has lived the least so she has effected less people and accomplished less. You can't miss what you don't have, so whether or not she could make a big difference later on no one would know. Also, the kidney she recieves could be to big for her and cause complications.

Click Here

sorry for being late
 
The person I would choose is the girl at age seven. I chose the girl at age seven because she has the longest life to live. Also she has the most to achieve in her life. The main reason i chose her is because the transplant can be a motivation so she can find a cure and help others. Therefore because of that she can accomplish a lot in her life. i did not wote for the sport athelete because he has HIV and will die soon anyway.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?sec=health&res=9C01EFDD1F31F93BA15751C1A9609C8B63
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?