05 October 2008

 

Work is due by Midnight Friday 10 October

Postings Period 1
Comments:
I would not get tested because if the test showed i could get cancer it would make me constantly worry about getting it.

I would not have my child tested because i would not want to make the worry.

No my answer would not be different because i believe it would is their choice.

I do not know anyone that has had breast cancer.
Click Here

I learned that guys are alot less likely to get breast cancer because they don't have as much breast tissue.
I also learned that the older you are the more likely it is that you will get breast cancer.
 
1. No, I wouldn't be tested for this because I would be worrying about it if I tested positive. I'd prefer to just be able to relax and take things as they come.
2. I also wouldn't test my children because I wouldn't want them worrying all the time if they tested positive.
3. I would not change my mind about testing my children even if I did know that I carried the gene. It just wouldn't be fair to have them be scared about cancer at a young age.
4. Yes.
5. National Cancer Institute
1 - BRCA1 and BRCA2 stand for breat cancer 1 and breast cancer 2 which are found on the 17 chromosome and the 13 chromosome.
2 - 132 out of 1,000 women will develop breast cancer.
 
Yes, I will get tested when I'm older.

I don't think that I would test my children because it is very rare for children under 25 to get it.

If I knew that I carried the gene I would definitely get tested earlier and have my kids tested.

Yes, I do know someone that has been diagnosed with breast cancer.

Breast Cancer Risks
From this website I learned...
- Women who have more children have a least likely chance of the cancer.
- White women have a better chance of getting breast cancer but black women would die quicker if they get it. Asian and hispanics have the least chance in getting it.
 
No, I would not get tested because I wanna live my life free I don't wanna worry that I might get the cancer and die early.

No, I would not get my child tested as a teen because i don't want them to keep worrying that they might get it and might die early.

No, I would not change my answer to question two if i was carrying the gene because I don't want them to keep worrying that they might get it too.

No, I don't know anyone with breast cancer.

How to reduce the risk of breast cancer

I learned that physical activity can reduce the risk of breast cancer.

At this point in time there is no conclusive link between smoking and breast cancer. However, due to the number of health risks associated with smoking, quitting can significantly increase survival rates.
 
I would not get tested because it would change the way I acted and the things I do.

I would not have my child be tested because it may effect their life if they have it like the way I would not do the same things if I had the gene.

No, I would tell them that they may have the gene that causes breast cancer but not have them tested so that they know that they have the chance to be clean of the gene.

I do not know anyone with breast cancer.

http://breastcancer.com/

If you apply pressure to specific points on the body, it will increase the effectiveness of your immune system.

Eating fresh fruits and lightly cooked vegetables will help in aiding the effects of chemotherapy and radiation therapy
 
I would be tested because I would want to know my risk for breast cancer and I would want to be able to possibly prevent it.

I would want my children to get tested because I would want them to know their risk of breast cancer and i think early detection would help reduce the risk.

If I knew I carried the gene I would want my children to get tested because if I have the gene theodds are greater for them to have it and it would be better for them to know their risk factor.

I do not know anyone who has breast cancer.


Cancer Prevention


Limiting alcohol intake reduces risk of breast cancer.
Women who have evalated levels of pesticides in their breast tissue have a greater breast cancer risk.
 
Yes, I definatly would get tested because if I know that I am going to get it then I can maybe start treatment early to get rid of it in its early stages.

However, unless there was a specific reason for me to have my child tested for cancer, I would not have them tested.

I would have my child tested if I knew that I carried the gene because even though them knowing they had it and having to live with it may make them worried, its better than having them find out later and the cancer be fatal.

No, I dont know anyone that has breast cancer.

Breast Cancer Facts


I learned that every two minutes a woman is diagnosed with breast cancer.

I also learned that when breast cancer is found early, the 5 year survival rate is 96%.
 
1) No, I would not be tested for breast cancer because I would not to have to worry about if I have cancer or not or have to worry about surgery.

2) I wouldn't have my child tested because no one in my family has breast cancer that I know of. I'd had to find out if the mother had relatives with a history of developing it.

3) Yes, I would have my child tested with their consent. I would have it done because I wouldn't want my child to have cancer of any sort.

4) No, I am not aware of anyone in my family with breast cancer.

5) Breast Cancer . Org
 
I would get tested, because of my family history I have an extremely low risk, and there are options that I could take. I would talk to my child and let them have the decision, but I would like them to get it when they are a little older. I might encourage the test we are likely to have the gene. I do know some one who is suffering from breast cancer and people who have suffered from other forms of Cancer. Breast Cancer Home Page
 
I would test around age 25 because I would want to know if I have it then.

I wouldn't get my teen child tested because it says that people under 25 can't really do anything about it.

I may want them to know but I also do not want to decide for my child even if they have a gene. They should decide if they want to be tested.

Yes i know someone with breast cancer.

Risks of Breast Cancer

I learned that a women's risk for getting breast cancer increases with age.

There is a bigger risk for women with a high fat diet to get breast cancer.
 
I would get tested because i could seek medical help before my cancer before it would get worse.

I would have my child tested, because they would mostlikey have the same gene as me and i would want them to get the right treatment as soon as posible.

No, i would deffinatly have my kids tested, if i knew i had the gene, it would be less painful in the long run .

Yes i do know people who have had breast cancer, and beat it .

Tips to prevent Breast Cancer

Don't forget to get a mammogram quit smoking.
 
i would definetly get tested because the sooner they find t the more chance of getting rid of it i have. I would get my child tested. Cancer runs in my family and i would deffinetly take that percaution. It would be the same because my family does carry the gene for cancer so i would get them tested. I do not know anybody that had breast cancer.


breast cancer awarness


i learned that white women have a higher chance of getting breast cancer after the age of forty then african americans do. i also learned that the rate of breast cancer diagnosed has decreased.
 
1. I would not get tested because if I tested positive it does not mean that I would get cancer and I would not want to be nervous about something when it might not even happen.

2. I may want my teen to get tested because I might worry about them getting cancer more then me. If they asked me to let them I would because if they ended up dieing from breast cancer and I didn't allow for them to get tested I might feel that it was my fault or partly my fault.

3. I may be more apt to have my child be tested if I knew that I carried the gene because I would want them to be protected.

4. I do know someone that was at a high risk of developing breast cancer.

5. Breast Cancer

- I learned that breast cancer is the second most common type of cancer.

- I also learned that it is the fifth most common cause of cancer death.
 
No I would not get tested because if it said i had it then I would live my life in worry and my whole life would change.

No I would not want my child tested because then they too would be worried their whole life and I don't want to ruin their life.

No I would not change my mind because a child should not worry about cancer if they might not even get it.

I do not know anyone with breast cancer.


Breast Cancer

1) I learned that most breast cancer is found in women over 50.
2) I also learned that if you have a history of cancer, then you are at a higher risk of breast cancer.
 
1.I would be tested that way I would be able to plan out my options
2.If I were a parent I would have my children tested if I had the money just to be safe
3.If I carried the gene my answer to number two would be the same but it would be of higher priority
4.My friend's parent has breast cancer
5.I learned that 1 in 400 women have the mutated BRCA gene and that testing for it can cost up to $3000-From New Haven Register
 
1) I would not be tested because that would change the way I live forever. If I had trails of cancer in my family that idea might change.
2) As a parent I would not force my children to be tested, that is up to them.
3) If I knew the gene ran in my family I would have my kids tested because that could save that childs life for the better.
4) My aunt was diagnosed woth breast cancer a few years ago.

5) Most Popular

-Breast cancer is the most common cancer in women and the and the second most common cause of cancer death in women.
-Breast cancer does occur in men and accounts for about 1% of men cancer deaths.
 
no, i would not get tested because i dont wana worry about a thing that can happen future when i should be worring about things that are going on right now.

i would hnot have my child tested for the same reason i would not be tested.

my answer would be different if i knew i was carring the gene but its realy all up to them if they would want to know.

i have never known a person with brest cancer and never hope to.

on this site Click Here i learned that the risk of brest cancer goes up with age and woman who neer have children have a higher risk of brest cancer
 
I would be tested because cancer does run in my family. If there was a way I could prevent it and possible live longer then I would take it.

I would let my child choose whether they should get tested or not. I would try to persuade them to get tested just as a precaution but if they didn't want to i would not force them too.

My answer would not be different because it's their body and thier choice.

I know three people that have had breast cancer.


Breast Cancer

I learned if you live to be 90 you have a 12% risk throughout ur lifetime.I also learned 1 out of 7 women will get breast cancer over a 90 year lifespan.
 
I would want to be tested because then I would be able to take care of the problem and enjoy my happy and healthy life. I think If I was a parent I would have my children tested too. Cancer is one of those things that you need to find out if you have it , so you can get rid of it. My answer to question two would be the same. I would probably have my children tested at a early age , maybe more than once. Yes, I've known people with breast cancer.
-1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer.
-Breast Cancer is the leading cause in death for 40 - 55 year old women.




Breast Cancer
 
Yes,I would be tested. I would like to be able to control my future with out all the worries.

You know..? I think i might have my children be tested if i were a parent. I would rather be safe then sorry.

NO, my answer would not change. If I knew I carried the gene, I would most definetly still have them tested.

Yes, I do know of some people who have had breast cancer. Few have past and some have survived.

Types of Breast Cancer

I learned that there are many different types of breast cancer. I also learned that there are about 4 differnt stages of breast cancer.
 
I would not be tested because I do not have a history of it in my family so I think it is not nessesary.

If I hade a teen and it was a girl I would have her tested because the chances of her getting breast cancer are much higher than a males. If it was a boy then I would not have him tested.

If I knew that I carried the gene then I would definitly have him or her tested because If they are to get breast cancer I want to have the best start on it I can possibly can.

Yes I have known someone with breast cancer.

Two things I learned from this site are that the risk for breast cancer increces as you get older and that drinking alchol can also increce your risk.

Breast Cancer Symptoms
 
I would get tested because I would want to know my risk ad what I could do to prevent getting breast cancer. I would also want to make sure that I wouldn't be in complete shock if I was diagnosed. I would have my child tested for the same reasons that I would be tested, but I don't know if I would necessarily tell them the results of they were bad. I would take it upon myself as a parent to do everything possible to prevent it. My answer would not be different if cancer ran in my family, it would confirm my choice. I don't personally know anyone with breast cancer, or who has had breast cancer but my parents do.
Breast Cancer.
I learned that one out of every eight women will develop breast cancer at some point in their life, and some medicines and the quality of the air you breathe can put you at greater risk for developing breast cancer.
 
I would be tested because its worth the time and effort to check for something that is life threatening. I would ALSO have my child tested for the same reason. my answer to the question would not be different regardless because I'll check for everything I know life threatening. I do not know anyone who has had breast cancer.

http://www.breastcancer.org/

One fact I learned from this site is that Radiation therapy is a highly effective way to target breast cancer

Another fact I learned is that chemotherapy is another highly effective way of getting rid of breast cancer...
 
1. Yes, i would be tested. I would want to know if i was at risk for breast cancer, and then take steps to prevent it as best i could at its early stages.

2. If i was a parent i would let my teenage son or daughter choose for themselves to be tested. However, if i knew my family carried a gene, i would highly recomment the test. I would most likely make the decision for them at that point.

3. If i knew my family carried the gene i would make my teenager take the test. I would do this to make sure the right precautions were followed to lower their risk for breast cancer.

4. Yes, i knew a former teacher who had breast cancer. One of my older female neighbors also had breast cancer.

5. Treatment & Side Effects of Breast Cancer

From this website i learned that possible surgeries are Breast-conserving surgery (lumpectomy), mastectomy, and lymph node dissection.

From this website i learned that the purpose of chemotherapy is to get rid of any cancer cells that are being spread from where the cancer started to another part of the body.
 
1) i would get tested. my reasonings are for knowing what i will be or could possibly be going through in a couple of years.
2) if brest cancer ran in the family then i would have my children tested. if it didnt then i would not have them tested
3)See answer og question 2.
4)Fact 1:femara is more effective than tamoxifen at reducing the risk of cancer
Fact 2:femara is now giving postmenopausal women another treatment option after surgery
Femara
 
i would like to get tested to see if i could end up getting breast cancer when im older.

i would not test my children because i wouldnt want them to worry them at a young age.

i still wouldnt get them tested. maybe i would suggest them to get tested when they are much older.

i do not know anyone that has had breast cancer.

national breast cancer foundation

1. A mammogram or an X-Ray of the breast, are the best tools for an early detection of breast cancer.

2. Approximately 1,700 men will be diagnosed with breast canncer each year.
 
No I would not get tested because Iwould hope that I take care of myself good enough and I wouldn't have to think of getting breast cancer.

I would have my children tested because if this cancer ran in my family then the test could tell me alot about their future and breast cancer.

No it would not because then there could be a greater chance of my children getting the cancer.

I do not know anyone who has been diagnosed with breast cancer.

http://www.medicinenet.com/breast_cancer/article.htm

I learned that advances in screening, diagnosis and treatment that the death rate of breast cancer has declined 20% over the past decade.
I also learned that breast cancer is the most common cause of death for women between the ages of 45 and 55.
 
i would get tested because i would want to know if i could prevent the cancer from getting worse.

i would have my kids tested so that they could be aware of their options too.

no, my answer would not change because i would want them to know what they can do to change their lifestyle and prevent the cancer.

no, i dont know anyone who has breast cancer.

breast cancer awareness

1. I learned that there are different types of breast cancer.

2. I also learned that some tumors are not cancerous and won't spread past the breast into other organs.
 
good morning !
:)
hj
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?