05 October 2008
Postings Period 8
Comments:
<< Home
1. I would choose to be tested because it can help me prepare for the future and I can know what may or may not happen. Being tested before would also give me more time to think about what I'm going to do if it comes to that.
2. I would want them to get tested, but I wouldn't force them to if they didn't want to know anything yet. I feel this because we could take any action necessary a lot quicker and not have to wait until it's too late. It would also make me feel a lot better knowing if they are safe or not.
3. No, I would still want to get them tested even if I knew I had the gene. Knowing that I tested positive would make me want to test them even more because this would mean that they had a chance of getting it and would want to make sure that they are okay. I wouldn't want any surprises.
4. I do not know anyone that has had breast cancer yet.
5. Here is a site that talks about breast cancer. One fact that I learned from this website was the chance of getting breast cancer goes up as a woman gets older. Another fact that I learned was that the risk of breast cancer is higher if a woman's mother, sister, or aunt had breast cancer before the age of 40.
2. I would want them to get tested, but I wouldn't force them to if they didn't want to know anything yet. I feel this because we could take any action necessary a lot quicker and not have to wait until it's too late. It would also make me feel a lot better knowing if they are safe or not.
3. No, I would still want to get them tested even if I knew I had the gene. Knowing that I tested positive would make me want to test them even more because this would mean that they had a chance of getting it and would want to make sure that they are okay. I wouldn't want any surprises.
4. I do not know anyone that has had breast cancer yet.
5. Here is a site that talks about breast cancer. One fact that I learned from this website was the chance of getting breast cancer goes up as a woman gets older. Another fact that I learned was that the risk of breast cancer is higher if a woman's mother, sister, or aunt had breast cancer before the age of 40.
1. I would choose to be tested so that I could be aware for the future. If I did have a positive test it would allow me to do something about it.
2.I would want them to get them tested, because then we maybe could do something about it. If they did not want to know I would not make them because it is their body.
3.I would still want to get them tested because they would have more likely of a chance to have breast cancer. I would want to know so that we could do something about it.
4.My grandmother has had breast cancer.
5.This site talks about breast cancer. Two facts that learned from this website are that half of all women diagnosed are over age 65, and if you are obese or overweight you may have more of a risk of getting breast cancer.
Here is the site
2.I would want them to get them tested, because then we maybe could do something about it. If they did not want to know I would not make them because it is their body.
3.I would still want to get them tested because they would have more likely of a chance to have breast cancer. I would want to know so that we could do something about it.
4.My grandmother has had breast cancer.
5.This site talks about breast cancer. Two facts that learned from this website are that half of all women diagnosed are over age 65, and if you are obese or overweight you may have more of a risk of getting breast cancer.
Here is the site
1.I would choose to be tested therefore I can seek medical assistance, and decide how I can avoid developing Breast Cancer.
2.If I were a parent I would absolutley get my teenager checked for the mutated genes. As a parent that would be my responsibility, keeping my offspring as healthy as I possibly can. It is much more relieving to find out before it is too late.
3. My answer would remain that same, but I would without a doubt give my child the choice themselves, I would have them checked immeediately, as I said, my job would be as a parent to keep my family healthy.
4. :/ Yes, my step-aunt, who I was fairly close to died a few years ago. We all miss her so much.
5. BREAST CANCER CENTERS OF AMERICA. Multiple facts Ihave learned by searching this site are the three stages of developing Breast Cancer. Stage 0, sometimes non-invasive, and interpreted as precancerous conditions. Stage
1, is invasive cancer, this is the stage where cancer cells broken in. They have already invaded its neighboring normal tissue. Stage 2/3, is a more serious, easily treated. Its tumors vary is size, two and five centimeters large.
2.If I were a parent I would absolutley get my teenager checked for the mutated genes. As a parent that would be my responsibility, keeping my offspring as healthy as I possibly can. It is much more relieving to find out before it is too late.
3. My answer would remain that same, but I would without a doubt give my child the choice themselves, I would have them checked immeediately, as I said, my job would be as a parent to keep my family healthy.
4. :/ Yes, my step-aunt, who I was fairly close to died a few years ago. We all miss her so much.
5. BREAST CANCER CENTERS OF AMERICA. Multiple facts Ihave learned by searching this site are the three stages of developing Breast Cancer. Stage 0, sometimes non-invasive, and interpreted as precancerous conditions. Stage
1, is invasive cancer, this is the stage where cancer cells broken in. They have already invaded its neighboring normal tissue. Stage 2/3, is a more serious, easily treated. Its tumors vary is size, two and five centimeters large.
1.No, I wouldn't be tested because there is less of a risk in men. I would get it when i'm older like in my 20's because my aunt who is my mom's identical twin had breast cancer.
2.No, I wouldn't get my teen tested because it would be very upseting for them and if it is positive that doesn't mean that its a definate.
3.No, I wouldn't make them get it done until they were in their 20's because it would be devastating. I would let them if they wanted to.
4.Yes, my aunt had it and survived.
5. site Two facts I learned from this sight are that about 1 in 7 women will get breast cancer in a 90 year life span and you can always reduce your risks no matter what.
2.No, I wouldn't get my teen tested because it would be very upseting for them and if it is positive that doesn't mean that its a definate.
3.No, I wouldn't make them get it done until they were in their 20's because it would be devastating. I would let them if they wanted to.
4.Yes, my aunt had it and survived.
5. site Two facts I learned from this sight are that about 1 in 7 women will get breast cancer in a 90 year life span and you can always reduce your risks no matter what.
1) I would chose to be tested so that I can prepare for my future. If I tested positive, I would not be surprised to find out that I did have it when I got older. If I tested negative, then I would not have to worry about it my whole life.
2) It depends on what the teenager was like. If they were a very optimistic person, then I think they could probably handle knowing. If they were a depressed, pessimistic kid, then they might be better off not knowing until they were older. I would probably want them to be tested if they were a normal teenager.
3) No. I still think it would depend on whether or not I thought the teenager could handle it. I would probably encourage them to be tested if I knew I carried the gene, though.
4) Yes. My grandmother had breast cancer twice and survived both times. My dad's cousin (who was a man) had it and died from it.
5) One fact that I learned from this site is that other than some forms of skin cancer, breast cancer is the most common cancer for women, no matter what their race or ethniciy is. Another fact is that of every 100 cases of breat cancer, less than one of them is in men.
2) It depends on what the teenager was like. If they were a very optimistic person, then I think they could probably handle knowing. If they were a depressed, pessimistic kid, then they might be better off not knowing until they were older. I would probably want them to be tested if they were a normal teenager.
3) No. I still think it would depend on whether or not I thought the teenager could handle it. I would probably encourage them to be tested if I knew I carried the gene, though.
4) Yes. My grandmother had breast cancer twice and survived both times. My dad's cousin (who was a man) had it and died from it.
5) One fact that I learned from this site is that other than some forms of skin cancer, breast cancer is the most common cancer for women, no matter what their race or ethniciy is. Another fact is that of every 100 cases of breat cancer, less than one of them is in men.
1. I probably would not get tested unless under serious circumstances. I haven't heard of many cases in which men get breast cancer so I would most likely be evasive to testing.
2. I would get them tested only for the sheer purpose of knowing early,if there is anything wrong. I know that it wouldn't be only up to me, so I would give the teen a chance to make her/his decision. The outcome affects them initially, and whether or not they want to face it or not would be up to them.
3. If I carried the gene in the family I would definitely get them tested because it would make me more alert to all the possible treatments I could aid my child with.
4. One of my mom's really close friends got diagnosed with breast cancer this year.
5. This site talks about various information that you should know about breast cancer. One fact I learned from this site is that if you are being diagnosed, you are speculated through magnetic resonance imaging(MRI) blood tests, bone scans, and other diagnostic tests. The second fact I learned was that many women with breast cancer take dietary supplements such as vitamins, minerals, and herbs hoping to stay strong and fight off the cancer.
2. I would get them tested only for the sheer purpose of knowing early,if there is anything wrong. I know that it wouldn't be only up to me, so I would give the teen a chance to make her/his decision. The outcome affects them initially, and whether or not they want to face it or not would be up to them.
3. If I carried the gene in the family I would definitely get them tested because it would make me more alert to all the possible treatments I could aid my child with.
4. One of my mom's really close friends got diagnosed with breast cancer this year.
5. This site talks about various information that you should know about breast cancer. One fact I learned from this site is that if you are being diagnosed, you are speculated through magnetic resonance imaging(MRI) blood tests, bone scans, and other diagnostic tests. The second fact I learned was that many women with breast cancer take dietary supplements such as vitamins, minerals, and herbs hoping to stay strong and fight off the cancer.
I would want to get tested for breast cancer. By knowing this information, i could try to find help or atleast plan my future accordingly.I wouldn't force my child to get tested for breast cancer. The reason for this is because it is their life, and they should choose if they want their future to be planned or to be a suprise. However, I would encourage them to get tested . Even if they did not want to know what their future holds, I would want them to get tested anyways and atleast show me the results so I would sleep in peace. If i had the gene, I would definitley want them to get tested. This is because I now know that the risk and chance is higher. Again, they may not want to see the results themselves, but they should at least show their parents. I don't know anyone who has breast cancer.
SITE
From this site, I learned that breast cancer is first diagnosed by a lump is felt or an abormal area is found on a mammogram. Tests called biopsies involve the removal of cells or tissue from the breast.
SITE
From this site, I learned that breast cancer is first diagnosed by a lump is felt or an abormal area is found on a mammogram. Tests called biopsies involve the removal of cells or tissue from the breast.
1. I would choose to be tested so I would know if there was a chance if i could get cancer. If I knew, then I could take steps to prevent it.
2. I wouldn't get then tested because it should be up to them they would want to know because it's their body and they should be able to make their choices.
3. Yes, my answer to number two would be different because to me, I would rather know than not know if I carried the gene and whether or not my child would have it.
4. No, I don't know anybody who has/had been diagnosed with breast cancer.
5. I learned that you can reduce your risk of getting breast cancer if you excercise and don't smoke.
Several treatments for breast cancer are chemotheraphy, surgery, or radiation therapy.
Click Here
2. I wouldn't get then tested because it should be up to them they would want to know because it's their body and they should be able to make their choices.
3. Yes, my answer to number two would be different because to me, I would rather know than not know if I carried the gene and whether or not my child would have it.
4. No, I don't know anybody who has/had been diagnosed with breast cancer.
5. I learned that you can reduce your risk of getting breast cancer if you excercise and don't smoke.
Several treatments for breast cancer are chemotheraphy, surgery, or radiation therapy.
Click Here
1. I would get tested because I would want to be prepared for what will happen.
2. If i was a parent i wouldn't force my child to get tested because i wouldn't want them to be worried all the time.
3. No, I wouldn't change my answer but if my child wanted to be tested I would let them.
4. No, I don't know anyone who has breast cancer.
5. Click Here
One fact I learned is that a prognosis gives an idea of the likely course and outcome of a disease. Also I learned that the most common type of breast cancer is ductal carcinoma.
2. If i was a parent i wouldn't force my child to get tested because i wouldn't want them to be worried all the time.
3. No, I wouldn't change my answer but if my child wanted to be tested I would let them.
4. No, I don't know anyone who has breast cancer.
5. Click Here
One fact I learned is that a prognosis gives an idea of the likely course and outcome of a disease. Also I learned that the most common type of breast cancer is ductal carcinoma.
1) Yes, i would be tested. It would help me prepare for my future tremendously.
2) If my child was a teenager, i would ask them if they wanted to get tested. Its there life, and they would be either living with the agony of the possibility or the relief that they don't have the gene. I would encourage them too, but when it came down to it, it is their life, and they have to live their life, not me.
3) Would your answer to question two be different if your knew you carried the gene? My answer to number two would remain the same. As much as i loved and cared about my child, its their life and their own choices. I would put as much influence as i could in on their decision, but all in all, the decision is still theirs.
4) No, luckly, i do not know of anyone who has/had breast cancer.
5)LINK On this site, i learned that breast cancer is the most common cause of cancer in women. Also, male breast cancer does occur, but only amounts to 1% of the male cancer deaths. With such major scientific and medical advances the amount of people dieing from breast cancer has declined by about 20% over the past ten years.
2) If my child was a teenager, i would ask them if they wanted to get tested. Its there life, and they would be either living with the agony of the possibility or the relief that they don't have the gene. I would encourage them too, but when it came down to it, it is their life, and they have to live their life, not me.
3) Would your answer to question two be different if your knew you carried the gene? My answer to number two would remain the same. As much as i loved and cared about my child, its their life and their own choices. I would put as much influence as i could in on their decision, but all in all, the decision is still theirs.
4) No, luckly, i do not know of anyone who has/had breast cancer.
5)LINK On this site, i learned that breast cancer is the most common cause of cancer in women. Also, male breast cancer does occur, but only amounts to 1% of the male cancer deaths. With such major scientific and medical advances the amount of people dieing from breast cancer has declined by about 20% over the past ten years.
1. I would definitely choose to be tested for BRCA 1 and BRCA 2. If I was predisposed to contracting breast cancer, then I would know to seek medical advice. If I knew that I wasn't prone to having it, then I would feel relieved.
2. If I were a parent, I would have my child tested as a teen after reassuring them that there are a lot of people to support them no matter what happens.
3. I would definitely stress getting them tested if there was a mutated gene in the family that was linked to cancer, but I would make sure that they were comfortable with the idea of being tested first.
4. I don't know of anyone who has gotten breast cancer.
5. This site links to the American Cancer Society's overview of breast cancer. Two facts I've learned from this website are that exercising and staying healthy can decrease your risk of breast cancer and that roughly 2 out of three women that have invasive breast cancer are age 55 or older.
2. If I were a parent, I would have my child tested as a teen after reassuring them that there are a lot of people to support them no matter what happens.
3. I would definitely stress getting them tested if there was a mutated gene in the family that was linked to cancer, but I would make sure that they were comfortable with the idea of being tested first.
4. I don't know of anyone who has gotten breast cancer.
5. This site links to the American Cancer Society's overview of breast cancer. Two facts I've learned from this website are that exercising and staying healthy can decrease your risk of breast cancer and that roughly 2 out of three women that have invasive breast cancer are age 55 or older.
1. I would not necessarily be tested for breast cancer. The chances of a male contracting this cancer is very slim. Besides that, my family has had no history of breast cancer (thankfully).
2. I would not have my child tested as a teen. If they wanted to be tested I would absolutely let them, though. I believe that once a person reaches their teenage years they should be able to have some say in what goes on in their lives, especially if it involves their bodies.
3. Of course it would. If there was some history of breast cancer in my family I would feel more paranoid about cancer, and would insist about testing for it. As I have already mentioned, though, there is no history in my family.
4. The closest people I know that have had or have breast cancer are my grandma's close friends. Other than that there are also a few family friends that have this cancer.
5. My Breast Cancer Website - The Risks
What I learned:
1. I learned that men can actually contract breast cancer (I thought only women got breast cancer).
2. I also learned that as a solution to having breast cancer you can have your breasts removed.
2. I would not have my child tested as a teen. If they wanted to be tested I would absolutely let them, though. I believe that once a person reaches their teenage years they should be able to have some say in what goes on in their lives, especially if it involves their bodies.
3. Of course it would. If there was some history of breast cancer in my family I would feel more paranoid about cancer, and would insist about testing for it. As I have already mentioned, though, there is no history in my family.
4. The closest people I know that have had or have breast cancer are my grandma's close friends. Other than that there are also a few family friends that have this cancer.
5. My Breast Cancer Website - The Risks
What I learned:
1. I learned that men can actually contract breast cancer (I thought only women got breast cancer).
2. I also learned that as a solution to having breast cancer you can have your breasts removed.
1. I would chose not to take this test because I wont my life to a suprise. If I took the test and I did have the mutated gene, I would worry half my life about what would happen.
2. If I were a parent I would give my teenager the choice to take the choice or not because they should have the freedom to do as they want with their life. If they wanted to get tested I would definately let them but I wouldn't force them to if they were like me and didn't want to.
3. If I knew that I had the mutated gene then I would encourage my child to be tested. I would be worried that he or she might have gotten the gene from me. However I still wouldn't force them to take it.
4. Click Here
Two facts that I learned from this website are that breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death in American women and that between the ages of 20 and 39, every woman should have a clinical breast exam every 3 years; and after age 40 every woman should have a clinical breast exam done each year.
2. If I were a parent I would give my teenager the choice to take the choice or not because they should have the freedom to do as they want with their life. If they wanted to get tested I would definately let them but I wouldn't force them to if they were like me and didn't want to.
3. If I knew that I had the mutated gene then I would encourage my child to be tested. I would be worried that he or she might have gotten the gene from me. However I still wouldn't force them to take it.
4. Click Here
Two facts that I learned from this website are that breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death in American women and that between the ages of 20 and 39, every woman should have a clinical breast exam every 3 years; and after age 40 every woman should have a clinical breast exam done each year.
1. If I had the chance, I would want to be tested for breast cancer. If I found out I had breast cancer in the early stages, I would have various options; I could have a mastectomy, or seek medical advice. If I was not tested for breast cancer, I might stumble across it in the future where it may be in an advanced stage.
2. If I were a parent, I would want my child to be tested as a teenager. I would not necessarily force them to take the test at a young age (13 years)unless they requested it, or they showed potential risk. I would definitely persuade them to see a doctor around 17.
3. If I carried the mutated gene, then I would still want my children to be tested. In fact, I would force them to be tested at a young age because I would not want them to suffer later in their life.
4. Fortunately I do not know anyone who has breast cancer.
5. Health Line Breast Cancer From this site, I have learned that giving birth at a younger age, or giving birth more than once, can reduce the risk of contracting breast cancer. Also, breast cancer tumors grow from the estrogen hormone.
2. If I were a parent, I would want my child to be tested as a teenager. I would not necessarily force them to take the test at a young age (13 years)unless they requested it, or they showed potential risk. I would definitely persuade them to see a doctor around 17.
3. If I carried the mutated gene, then I would still want my children to be tested. In fact, I would force them to be tested at a young age because I would not want them to suffer later in their life.
4. Fortunately I do not know anyone who has breast cancer.
5. Health Line Breast Cancer From this site, I have learned that giving birth at a younger age, or giving birth more than once, can reduce the risk of contracting breast cancer. Also, breast cancer tumors grow from the estrogen hormone.
1. I would like to be tested because personally I would want to know if I had a high risk to get Breast Cancer because then I would know for the future and make other life changing decisions from there.
2. If I was a parent I would want my children to be tested but, I would want them to wait until they are older. Then they can decide for themselves and not have me to decide for them or influence their decision.
3. If I knew I carried the gene and there was a high risk in my family my answer would probably still stay the same. I would want my child to choose whether or not they would want to be tested and not have me decide for them or impact their decision in any way.
4. Personally, I know a lot of people within my family and close friends of the family that have survived and died from breast cancer.
5. This is a site that talks about Facts on Breast Cancer. CLICK HERE!!!! Two facts that I learned from this site were that every 13 minutes a women dies from Breast Cancer and 71% of African American women diagnosed with Breast Cancer have a five year survival rate and 86% of Caucasians have a 5 year survival rate.
2. If I was a parent I would want my children to be tested but, I would want them to wait until they are older. Then they can decide for themselves and not have me to decide for them or influence their decision.
3. If I knew I carried the gene and there was a high risk in my family my answer would probably still stay the same. I would want my child to choose whether or not they would want to be tested and not have me decide for them or impact their decision in any way.
4. Personally, I know a lot of people within my family and close friends of the family that have survived and died from breast cancer.
5. This is a site that talks about Facts on Breast Cancer. CLICK HERE!!!! Two facts that I learned from this site were that every 13 minutes a women dies from Breast Cancer and 71% of African American women diagnosed with Breast Cancer have a five year survival rate and 86% of Caucasians have a 5 year survival rate.
1. I would rather not be tested for breast cancer. First of all I am a male and am more unlikely to get breast cancer than a female. Also, no one in my family ever had breast cancer so I don't believe I would inherit it from someone. Lastly, I don't want to know what my future has in store for me. I would like the future to be a surprise.
2. Again it would depend if my child was a male or female, but probably not. There has been no occurrences of breast cancer in my family so far and I hope there will be none in the future. Also, I would like my child to enjoy their childhood and not be scared of what is ahead.
3. My answer to the previous question would be different. I would want my child to enjoy their childhood but I would also want them to be prepared for the future. If there was anyway you could prevent breast cancer I would have my child do it.
4. I do not know of anyone who had breast cancer and I hope I never do.
5.This is the website for breast cancer information,Breast Cancer. Two facts I learned are that DCIS is the most commonly diagnosed non-invasive breast cancer and that IDC accounts for 80 to 85% of all breast cancer diagnoses.
2. Again it would depend if my child was a male or female, but probably not. There has been no occurrences of breast cancer in my family so far and I hope there will be none in the future. Also, I would like my child to enjoy their childhood and not be scared of what is ahead.
3. My answer to the previous question would be different. I would want my child to enjoy their childhood but I would also want them to be prepared for the future. If there was anyway you could prevent breast cancer I would have my child do it.
4. I do not know of anyone who had breast cancer and I hope I never do.
5.This is the website for breast cancer information,Breast Cancer. Two facts I learned are that DCIS is the most commonly diagnosed non-invasive breast cancer and that IDC accounts for 80 to 85% of all breast cancer diagnoses.
1. I would definitely be tested. I know for a fact that cancer runs in my family, and I don't want to take chances with my future and my life.
2. I would have my child tested as a teen, because even though it might be a scary reality check, it's one that would eventually happen. If they really didn't want to know, I wouldn't force them. Also, if my child did have cancer, we would hopefully be able to treat it.
3. No, my answer would not be different. If anything, I would want them to be tested even more. It would be much better to be safe then sorry.
4. Unfortunately, my great-aunt died some years ago of breast cancer. My family friend and neighbor survived breast cancer after having a double mastectomy.
5. I learned that breast cancer is the most common cause of cancer in women. Also, breast cancer is the second most common cause of cancer death in women in the U.S.
CLICK CLICK AND AWAY!!
2. I would have my child tested as a teen, because even though it might be a scary reality check, it's one that would eventually happen. If they really didn't want to know, I wouldn't force them. Also, if my child did have cancer, we would hopefully be able to treat it.
3. No, my answer would not be different. If anything, I would want them to be tested even more. It would be much better to be safe then sorry.
4. Unfortunately, my great-aunt died some years ago of breast cancer. My family friend and neighbor survived breast cancer after having a double mastectomy.
5. I learned that breast cancer is the most common cause of cancer in women. Also, breast cancer is the second most common cause of cancer death in women in the U.S.
CLICK CLICK AND AWAY!!
I would choose to be tested once I got older, because if there is any chance that I carry this gene, I would want to know, even though there is not a family history.
If I were a parent, I would not have my child tested while they are a minor, because if nothing can be done anyway, then it is pointless to not wait. However, I would encourage them to get tested in their 20's or 30's.
I think that if I knew that I carried the gene, I would still hane them wait until their 20's, because it is not worth worrying about something that you can't do anything about.
Yes, i do know of people who have had breast cancer.
From this site, I learned that most breast tumors are benign (not cancerous)and that there are different types of breast cancer and a tumor can be a combination of these types.
If I were a parent, I would not have my child tested while they are a minor, because if nothing can be done anyway, then it is pointless to not wait. However, I would encourage them to get tested in their 20's or 30's.
I think that if I knew that I carried the gene, I would still hane them wait until their 20's, because it is not worth worrying about something that you can't do anything about.
Yes, i do know of people who have had breast cancer.
From this site, I learned that most breast tumors are benign (not cancerous)and that there are different types of breast cancer and a tumor can be a combination of these types.
1. I would probably not like to be tested. One reason is that men still have a lower chance of getting breast cancer. There is also no one in my family (that I know of) that has breast cancer.
2. This question can really vary. If I have a son or daughter and my wife’s side doesn’t have breast cancer, then I most likely won’t. I wouldn’t want to scare them in any way.
3. Let’s say I carried the gene, then I would probably change my answer. If that was the case, then I will probably test my teen of breast cancer.
4. At the current point, I do not know anyone in my family that has breast cancer.
5. Two things I have learned about breast cancer is that current research findings suggest that physical activity, a healthy diet, and a healthy weight can help reduce the risk of getting breast cancer for the first time or having a breast cancer come back. I also learned that people who have a risk of breast cancer may use a preventive surgery known as Prophylactic ovary removal which lowers the amount of estrogen in the body, making it harder for estrogen to stimulate the development of breast cancer.
Click Here
2. This question can really vary. If I have a son or daughter and my wife’s side doesn’t have breast cancer, then I most likely won’t. I wouldn’t want to scare them in any way.
3. Let’s say I carried the gene, then I would probably change my answer. If that was the case, then I will probably test my teen of breast cancer.
4. At the current point, I do not know anyone in my family that has breast cancer.
5. Two things I have learned about breast cancer is that current research findings suggest that physical activity, a healthy diet, and a healthy weight can help reduce the risk of getting breast cancer for the first time or having a breast cancer come back. I also learned that people who have a risk of breast cancer may use a preventive surgery known as Prophylactic ovary removal which lowers the amount of estrogen in the body, making it harder for estrogen to stimulate the development of breast cancer.
Click Here
1. There is a history of breast cancer in my family, so when I got older I might get a test. I would just try to live healthy to lower my risks.
2. I would let my child chose if they wanted to be tested. As a parent you should look after your child but they have to make their own decisions.
3. No, my answer would not be different because even if I have it that does not say that they will get it. They should still make their own decision. I might encourage them though but I don't want them to go crazy over it.
4. My grandmother died of breast cancer and my greataunt and my mom's cousin have both had it.
5. From this site I learned that 200,000 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer this year and that 40,000 will die from it.
site
2. I would let my child chose if they wanted to be tested. As a parent you should look after your child but they have to make their own decisions.
3. No, my answer would not be different because even if I have it that does not say that they will get it. They should still make their own decision. I might encourage them though but I don't want them to go crazy over it.
4. My grandmother died of breast cancer and my greataunt and my mom's cousin have both had it.
5. From this site I learned that 200,000 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer this year and that 40,000 will die from it.
site
1. I would be tested for breast cancer so I could prepare for what might occur in later years and I would like a chance to do something about it.
2.Yes, I would get my teen tested if they wanted to. If there was a history of it i the family then yes, I woud get them tested.
3. If I had the gene, then I would definently get them tested because there would be a better chance that they have it if I had it.
4.I do not know someone who has breast cancer.
5. Facts
One in eight women will get the disease and more than 2000 men found out they have breast cancer. Men and women can get breast cancer.
2.Yes, I would get my teen tested if they wanted to. If there was a history of it i the family then yes, I woud get them tested.
3. If I had the gene, then I would definently get them tested because there would be a better chance that they have it if I had it.
4.I do not know someone who has breast cancer.
5. Facts
One in eight women will get the disease and more than 2000 men found out they have breast cancer. Men and women can get breast cancer.
1. Yes i would get tested. If i could find out early, the cancer could be treated. I could seek medical advice and opinions on what I should do, and it would give me an oppertunity to prepare for the worst.
2. Yes I would want them to get tested. It is better safe than sorry, and cancer is more treatable at early stages. It would also relieve me to know that they are safe.
3. NO my answer would not change. Knowing that i had the gene, I would want them to get tested earlier, becuase there would be a greater chance that they have cancer.
4. My aunt has breast cancer, she was diagnosed recently
5.Here , on this website i learned that new cases of breast cancer in the United states are estimated to be 178,480 (female); 2,030 (male) and that breast cancer is the most common cancer in women, aside from skin cancer.
2. Yes I would want them to get tested. It is better safe than sorry, and cancer is more treatable at early stages. It would also relieve me to know that they are safe.
3. NO my answer would not change. Knowing that i had the gene, I would want them to get tested earlier, becuase there would be a greater chance that they have cancer.
4. My aunt has breast cancer, she was diagnosed recently
5.Here , on this website i learned that new cases of breast cancer in the United states are estimated to be 178,480 (female); 2,030 (male) and that breast cancer is the most common cancer in women, aside from skin cancer.
I would definitely be tested for breast cancer. Cancer is a very serious disease, and the sooner you find out that you have it, the sooner you can receive treatment, and then there is a higher chance that you will be cured. If i was a parent I would also have my child tested as a teen, so that if they do have it, they can receive treatment. My answer to question two would not be any different if I carried the gene because like I said it is important to be aware. Yes I do know someone that had breast cancer, my sixth grade teacher.
1. Breast cancer is the most common cause of cancer in women and the second most common cause of cancer death in women in the U.S.
2.Although breast cancer in women is a common form of cancer, male breast cancer does occur and accounts for about 1% of all cancer deaths in men
Breast Cancer
1. Breast cancer is the most common cause of cancer in women and the second most common cause of cancer death in women in the U.S.
2.Although breast cancer in women is a common form of cancer, male breast cancer does occur and accounts for about 1% of all cancer deaths in men
Breast Cancer
1.no i wouldn't because it would change everything if i accualy had it.
2.i would only test my child if it runs in the family.
3.yes because i want to know if my child has the gene,too
4.yes, my aunt has breast cancer
5.you know you want to
Anyone can get breast cancer and when people get older, mostly woman, have a better chance of getting breast cancer.
2.i would only test my child if it runs in the family.
3.yes because i want to know if my child has the gene,too
4.yes, my aunt has breast cancer
5.you know you want to
Anyone can get breast cancer and when people get older, mostly woman, have a better chance of getting breast cancer.
I believe I would be tested. I think it would be good to know if I had the risk of developing breast cancer. If I did have the gene, I could prepare myself and receive the right treatments early. Even if I did have to live in some level of fear, I think it would be best to know in advance. Since I am adopted, I have no knowledge of my family’s medical history. I think I would have my child tested. I would have my child tested for the same reasons why I would get tested myself. It could help prepare them for the future. If I knew I carried the gene, I think I would most likely have my child tested. It would put them at a higher risk of developing cancer, so it’s important for their health. Yes I know of people that had breast cancer. One site that talks about breast cancer is National Breast Cancer
Two facts I learned from the website are there are many different types of breast cancer, such as Medullary Carcinoma and Tubular Carcinoma, and half of the women diagnosed are over the age of 65.
Two facts I learned from the website are there are many different types of breast cancer, such as Medullary Carcinoma and Tubular Carcinoma, and half of the women diagnosed are over the age of 65.
1. I wouldn't get teasted without a reasin.I would get tested if I was planning to have children or if someone in my family had breast cancer. I think I would just live in fear for the rest of my life if the test came back positive.I would rather live blindly than live in fear. I want to believe that I am going to live forever so I never feel rushed or like time is going to run out on me.
2. I would leave the decision up to my child. I believe it is their decision to make and I don't want to tell them they do or don't have to get tested.
3. Agaon I still would leave it up to them. I would explain that there is a good chance they will get it and how important early detection is but ultemately it is their decision
4. I do not know anyone who has or has had breast cancer.
5. Susan G. Komen fight for the cure
I learned that,
A.)less than 5% of breast cancers occur in women under the age of 40.
B.)An estimated 182,460 new cases of invasive breast cancer are expected to occur among women in the United States during 2008.
2. I would leave the decision up to my child. I believe it is their decision to make and I don't want to tell them they do or don't have to get tested.
3. Agaon I still would leave it up to them. I would explain that there is a good chance they will get it and how important early detection is but ultemately it is their decision
4. I do not know anyone who has or has had breast cancer.
5. Susan G. Komen fight for the cure
I learned that,
A.)less than 5% of breast cancers occur in women under the age of 40.
B.)An estimated 182,460 new cases of invasive breast cancer are expected to occur among women in the United States during 2008.
I would get tested, to see if I had breast cancer just to be safe, but if I did not have it I would not assume the worst and have parts of my body removed. If I were a parent I would only have my teen tested if there was a family history of breast cancer. If I carried the gene I would be even more cautious. I have known many people with breast cancer, none related just good family friends. In the US breast cancer is right behind lung cancer in amounts of deaths it causes in women. Every year more then 211,000 American women find out that they have breast cancer. Cancer is a scary thing but there is no need to give up on fighting and take the easy way out, I believe there has to be better ways to not get breast cancer then removing your breasts.
I found information at both these websites:
website one
website two
I found information at both these websites:
website one
website two
I would not be tested because I believe the risk of acquiring breast cancer as a male is very slim especially because there are no known occurrences of this in my family.
2. I would not have my teen (daughter) tested unless she felt that she wanted to too. However, I would recommend to her that she should be tested after she would become 25 because the chances of developing breast cancer are relatively low as a teen compared to an adult and there is almost no history of breast cancer in my family.
3. If I knew that I was a carrier of the BRCA1 or BRCA2, I would definitely have my teen tested as this would be a very rare situation and she (or he) would be at risk of inheriting those genes.
4. I do know of someone, although not personally, who has died of breast cancer. She was the wife of a close friend of my parent’s and she was not old at all.
5. Link
a. Cancerous growths within the breasts can develop in less than six months.
b. African American women die more frequently from breast cancer than Caucasian women because their tumors develop faster and cannot be treated as easily.
2. I would not have my teen (daughter) tested unless she felt that she wanted to too. However, I would recommend to her that she should be tested after she would become 25 because the chances of developing breast cancer are relatively low as a teen compared to an adult and there is almost no history of breast cancer in my family.
3. If I knew that I was a carrier of the BRCA1 or BRCA2, I would definitely have my teen tested as this would be a very rare situation and she (or he) would be at risk of inheriting those genes.
4. I do know of someone, although not personally, who has died of breast cancer. She was the wife of a close friend of my parent’s and she was not old at all.
5. Link
a. Cancerous growths within the breasts can develop in less than six months.
b. African American women die more frequently from breast cancer than Caucasian women because their tumors develop faster and cannot be treated as easily.
i would choose to be tested beacuse i would want to know my staues in my health.the more i know and the earlier i know the better it is to treat what ever may trouble my health. If i was a parnet i would have my child tested so that i may protect him or her from a cancer or illness that can harm them in the future. Even if that means early treatment. Even if i knew i had the gene i would be even more ready to test them to make sure my children didn't end up with my bad genes. my aunt died of breast cancer it was a long terrible time because the cancer had spread all over her body so there nuthin we could do. one of my other anuts just got hit with breast cancer so i had so bad experenses with cancer. in this site Click Here i leaned that breast cancer is the second leading cause if death among women in the united staes. the chances of women getting breast cancer increases when they get older, have family history if breast cancer.
I would get tested for breast cancer because it is a deadly disease and it is painful. In addition, it can cause use to have a nasectomy, which is a removal of the breast. If i were a parent, i would have my teen child tested because if the have the gene, at least they know that there is a risk for breast cancer. No because, at least you have information that says you have a chance for getting breast cancer. No I do not know anyone that had or has breast cnacer. Hi click here
1. I probably would not get tested unless under serious circumstances. I haven't heard of many cases in which men get breast cancer so I would most likely be evasive to testing.
2. I would get them tested only for the sheer purpose of knowing early,if there is anything wrong. I know that it wouldn't be only up to me, so I would give the teen a chance to make her/his decision. The outcome affects them initially, and whether or not they want to face it or not would be up to them.
3. If I carried the gene in the family I would definitely get them tested because it would make me more alert to all the possible treatments I could aid my child with.
4. One of my mom's really close friends got diagnosed with breast cancer this year.
5. This site talks about various information that you should know about breast cancer. One fact I learned from this site is that if you are being diagnosed, you are speculated through magnetic resonance imaging(MRI) blood tests, bone scans, and other diagnostic tests. The second fact I learned was that many women with breast cancer take dietary supplements such as vitamins, minerals, and herbs hoping to stay strong and fight off the cancer.
Post a Comment
2. I would get them tested only for the sheer purpose of knowing early,if there is anything wrong. I know that it wouldn't be only up to me, so I would give the teen a chance to make her/his decision. The outcome affects them initially, and whether or not they want to face it or not would be up to them.
3. If I carried the gene in the family I would definitely get them tested because it would make me more alert to all the possible treatments I could aid my child with.
4. One of my mom's really close friends got diagnosed with breast cancer this year.
5. This site talks about various information that you should know about breast cancer. One fact I learned from this site is that if you are being diagnosed, you are speculated through magnetic resonance imaging(MRI) blood tests, bone scans, and other diagnostic tests. The second fact I learned was that many women with breast cancer take dietary supplements such as vitamins, minerals, and herbs hoping to stay strong and fight off the cancer.
<< Home

