16 November 2008

 
Postings and Menus Period 1
Comments:
The family from Egypt has the healthiest diet because they have a good balanced between fresh green vegetables, fruits, and meat.

The family from Germany has the least healthiest diet because they have lot of junk food and not enough vegetables or fruits.

The family from Egypt has the diet like my family does except the eating of beef.

I would characterize that diet as "good" diet because I eat eat balanced between vegetables, meat. fruits and drinks. My diet and their diet both has a healthy portion of vegetables and meat and maybe some junk food.

A healthy dinner meal that I would prepare and eat that meets the $1 meal criteria of the US food stamp program is Baked Fish and Vegetables. Because its is high in protein, has green vegetables, and great amount of vitamin A.
 
I think the healthiest diet would be the The Ahmed family of Cairo. I chose them because it seems that they basically have a pretty bananced diet.Alittle bit of everything.

I think the leat heathiest diet would be the Revis family of North Carolina.They being from the US have the most fats in there daily diet. The dont have enough fruits and vegatables or meats for that matter.

The Caven family of California seems like the diet that I would most eat. Because it contains alot of wheat and all-grain type foods that I eat, also water,bagles,bananas,grapes and apples. This family seems like the closest to my own families diet.

I would characterize that diet as a good diet because it does seem pretty balanced unlike the other family from the US it has more whole grain and less food containing more fat.I think that it is genrally a well balanced diet.

A healthy light dinner that i would make that meets the 1$ criteria od the US food stamp program is Baked Apples and Sweet Potatoes because it tastes great and it has a good source of vegetables.
 
The Ahmed family of Cairo has the healthiest diet in my opinion. This is because they have an abundance of vegetables, fruits, meat, and some starches. They meet all the requirements for a healthy diet.

The family that has the least healthiest diet is the Revis family of North Carolina. They have way too much junk food, like chips, pizza soda, and Burger King. There is not enough fruits and vegetables either. Too much fat is in their daily foods.

The diet that looks like the one i eat is similar to the The Manzo family of Sicily. They have foods like bananas, pears, onions, tomatoes, meats, breads, pasta, and sauce. These foods can always be found in my house at any time.

I would characterize this diet as "good" because it is well balanced. There is plenty of meats, vegetables, fruits, and carbohydrates. Therefore, the diet i have is well balanced and full of essential nutrients. There is not much junk food present either.

A healthy dinner meal that i would prepare and eat that meets the $1 meal criteria of the US food stamp program would be carrots with tomatoes and macaroni. I chose this because there is 3 of the 4 most important food groups present in my opinion. The carrots are the vegetable, tomatoe is the fruit, and macaroni is the carbohydrate. The only thing missing is the meat.
 
I think that the Sobczynscy family of Konstancin-Jeziorna has the healthiest diet because there is a lot of different foods like fruit, meat, and starches.

The Revis family of North Carolina has the worst diet because there is a lot of fast food and non-healthy foods.

I think that the Batsuuri family of Ulaanbaatar has the same general diet as my family.

I would call this diet a "good" diet beacuse there are a wide balance of foods like fruit, vegetables, bread, and meat.

The healthy dinner that I would prepare and eat that meets the $1 meal criteria of the US food stamp program is french toast because it is a good source of dairy and the recipe uses whole wheat bread.
 
I think the country of Japan has the best diet. They have a well balanced diet with not much fats. It is said that the Japanese have a long longevity so this food is probably good for them.

The family of Chad has the worst diet. The amount of food they can buy isn't even enough for one person a week so the people aren't fed enough of the right foods.

I think my diet is closest to the German diet.

This diet seems okay, I mean its not bad enough to make my family overweight but it's not like my family is super healthy.

If I had to make a meal for 1$ I would make "5 a day Bulgar Wheat." This is because it contains many vegtables and bulgar which is a great source of whole grain. This meal is super filling so you may be able to save some leftovers for your next meal or even a snack.
 
I think the Dong family of Beijing is the healthiest because they have a well balanced diet. They have fresh vegatables, meats, dairy, water, grains, and others not as much needed.
The family with the least healthiest diet would be the Bainton family of Cllingbourne Ducis. They dont have much of a healthy diet. They have more snacking foods which arent healthy.
I think the Casales family of Cuernavaca has the same diet as my family. There is plenty of fruits and vegetables same as in my house. I barely have any soda in my house so forget that one.
I would characterize my diet as "good." My diet contains of both fruit and vegetables everyday and also dairy and meat. I also snack on something here and there but who doesnt?
A healthy dinner meal that I would prepare and eat that meets the $1 meal criteria of the US food stamp program is Crunchy Chicken Salad. Its very healthy and it contains meat and all vegebales.
 
I think that the family with the healthiest diet would have to be the Al Haggan family of Kuwait City. Their diet includes lots of fruits and vegetables with some red meat and fish. They mostly drink water and have a few snacks, but not that many for a week.

The Revis family from North Carolina has the least healthiest diet. It consists of mostly junk food and processed food. They have almost no fruits and vegetables and drink a lot of soda. It looks like they spend a lot of their money on fast food, too, which isn't very good.

The Manzo family from Sicily most resembles my families diet. There is fresh fruits and vegetables, but I don't have as much fresh bread as they do. They also have meat, which is a good source of protein. They also have fish. They do have some soda and processed foods like my family, but not that much. There isn't much junk food in there diet.

I would say that this diet is relatively "good" because is very balanced consisting of meats, fruits, vegetables, and other things that are essential for your body. The soda that they have for the week isn't that much, so I would say that it is okay.

The healthy dinner that I would prepare and eat that meets the $1 meal criteria of the US Food Stamp Program would be the stove top casserole because it includes chicken, onions, potatoes, green cabbage, Swiss cheese, and choppd nuts(which I would have to take out because I am allergic to the). All of those are pretty healthy ingredients and would make a very delicious meal.
 
the healthiest diet would be the The Dong family of Beijing
becasue they had a variety of food, containing fruits vegatables carbs as well as meats.

Theleast healthiest diet would be the Revi's family of North Carolina, most of their foods were ats. They barely had fruits or vegatables. they need a more balanced meal.

the diet that looks mst like mine would propbably be The Caven family of California because although it has some fats it also has a lot of grains and fruits and vegetables which i eat alot of.

I would hcaracterize it as kind of in the middle although it contains fats adn oils its not a large amount and it also contains fruits vegatables meats grains n dairy so it would be ok but eaning towards the good side.

a healthy dinner that meets the criteria for the $1 is steamed vegtable saute because it is made of al vegetables so vegans can eat it too. it taste good and its good for you.
 
I think the family from kuiwaitt city has the healthiest diet because it consists of a lot of fish and friuts and it doens't look like they eat any junk food.

The family with the least healthiest diet would have to be the one from North Carolina because it looks like they eat a lot of grease and junkfood.

The family that diet looks most like mine is the family from california.

I think my diet is healthy because I have a very balanced diet. My diet and their diet has a good balance of friut, grains, and meats. I do eat junk food but not too much which is the same as them.

A healthy dinner meal i would prepare would be a crunchy chicken salad. I chose this because it has meat as well as a good variety of vegtables and it;s not that fattening.
 
I think that the family from Italy has the healtiest diet because they eat a lot of fruits and get a good source of starches (fresh bread.) Also, they have very little but some sugars and processed foods.

I think that the American families are the least healthy because they have wayy to much junk food and processed foods. There is to much fat in their diet.

I think the family from Italy is closet to my family because we also have a lot of starches and some fruits a=meat is easily found in my house.

I think that this is a good diet because everything is well balanced.

A healthy meal under $1.00 is the Split Pea Soup because it is a good source of protein and it has a little amount of sugars.
 
1)I think the family from Cairo has the most healthy diet. It includes a good variety of vegetables, fruit, meat and starch.
2)The least lealthy life style is here in the U.S. in N.C. This diet consists of fast food, processed food and soda.
3)I eat like the family from C.A. 4)Though this diet is not 100% healthy it has a good variety of necessary foods.
5)If I followed the $1 a day meal criteri, I would make colorful quesadilias for dinner. This meal is cheap and fairly healthy. It is low on calories and total fat and has a high amount of protein, 11g. This meal includes a starch,vegetable and a low fat dairy product.
 
The Ahmed family of Cairo has the healthiest diet because most of their foods are fresh vegetables and there aren't many processed foods or junk food.

I have two picks for the least healthy diet (I don't know if this is okay.) My first pick is the Revis family of North Carolina. Their diet is unhealthy because the majority of what they are eating is junk and in excess. They barely have any fresh fruits or vegetables. Also, a lot of their food is from fast food resteraunts, while there are many places with healthy food available. My second choice is fhe Aboubakar family of Breidjing Camp in Chad. This family is the complete opposite of the family from South Carolina. They do not have nearly a healthy amount of food. I don't even think that the amount of food that they have would be a good amount of food for simply one day let alone a week.

Although it is not an exact representation of what my family eats, I think the family whose diet looks closest to my families is the Caven family of California. My family probably has some more vegetables and less soda.

I think that while it is not the healthiest diet, it is not plain out unhealthy. They have some good fruits and vegetables, but also have a decent variety of prepackaged unhealthy food.

A healthy dinner meal that I would prepare and eat that meats the $1 meal criteria of the US food stamp program is the baked pork chops. Although pork chops are not as healthy as many meals, it is still pretty healthy and tastes good. I was actually surprised to see some of the items listed as being less than $1 per serving because I would have expected them to be much more money.

Baked Pork Chops
 
i think the family in the bottom right is the helthiest family. they have many fruits and vegtables. they also have a lot of home grown vegtbles. i think the most unhealthy family is the family from germany. i think this because there is a lot of junk food and carbonated beverages. the family diet tha is the most like my families is the family from japan. the only diffrence is that they have to add a lot more meat and fish. i would say it is a good diet because there is a lot of protein and starches. i chose the pasta salad because i like pasta and pasta is starch wich your body uses a lot.
 
I think that sicilys diet looked the healthiest because they had alot of heatthy fruit vegetables and some meat. I think that the U.S. was the least healthy becayse there was alot of fried food and little to no vegetables. The family from sicily looks most like the one I eat because ther eat alot of fruit and I eat a lot of fruit. I would charactorize a bad mead by if it has alot of fat and a really lot of meat. Also if it had little of other tyes of food. I chose the healthy lentil soup because it is cheap and it has a balanced amount of nutricion.
 
1.I think the healthiest family was the one from Beijing because they had plenty of meats and vegetables.
2.I think the least healthiest family was the one from America because they had a lot of pizza and fast food.
3.The american diet is most like mine.
4.Mine is bad because it's unbalanced.
5.I would make cheese quesadillas with salsa as a $1 meal because it has dairy, vegetable, and wheat/flour products and it tastes great.
 
1. The Ukita family's diet looks very healthy because there is a nice balance of food. There is not a lot of sugar and most of the packaged food might be spices. They also eat a lot of fresh food and fish, which is very good for you.
2. The Revis family had a very bad diet because of the packaged foods. There was a very small amount of fresh food. There were cases of soda and beer and a lot of doggie bags from restaurants.
3. My family is most like the Mexican family and the American family with lots of fresh food, yet a lot of processed and packaged food.
4. That diet could be better, but is kind of "bad". Adding more fresh food and watching what and how much we eat would help out diet become better.
5. The Vegetable Fried Rice meets the $1 meal criteria, and contains large amounts of vegetables, vitamins and fiber.
 
I think the italian family's diet looks the healthiest because the food is mostly fresh and has a little bit of everything.

i think the American's family diet looks the least healthy because it contains a lot of processed food and sugar.

The Italian's familys diet looks most like the one i eat. i think it is a good diet because it contains a little bit of everything and there are not that many processed foods or sugars.

A healthy meal that costs less than a dollar and meets the criteria of the food stamp program that i would prepare is macaroni and cheese.
 
1) I believe that the Manzo family from Sicily (that's where my family's from!) has the best food. Out of all of the other families the Manzo family has the most bread and carbs in their diet. Also they have a lot of the expensive, unnecessary snack food.

2) The Aboubakar family of the Breidjing Camp eats the worst in my opinion. They spend $1.23 a week on food and their diets mainly consist of beans and rice. I think that that isn't very healthy, but it is all they can afford.

3) My diet is actually closest to the Manzo family from Sicily. My family does eat a lot of Italian food and bread. But, we do still eat snacks and soda and all of the stuff that the Manzo family had.

4) I believe it is average, it is not excellent because of the bread, but it definitely more healthy then a lot of fast food or take out. It is pretty healthy but it is not the best.

5) I found a chicken soup recipe that would be good, it was 62¢ per serving. It was pretty healthy and it most likely tastes good. It would probably be a perfect meal for the food stamp limit for people.
 
The family from Kuwait had the healthiest diet. They had many fresh fruits and vegetables and very few processed products.

The least healthiest diet is th efamily from Ecuador, because even though they have an abundance of friut and vegetables, the food look rotten and there isn't much variety.

The family that has a diet like my family's is the American Cavern family. They have an okay amount of produce and healthy items, but they also have items lik eice cream and corn dogs.

This is a good diet because it has enough healthy items to make up for the small amount of processed food.

The meal I would prepare for the $1 criteria would be the baked chicken with vegetables becaus eit is low in calories and high in fiber.
 
The family that looks like they have the healthiest diet is the Ahmed family of Cairo because they have many healthy fruits and vegtables and not many unhealthy products.

The family that looked like they had to least healthyiest diet is the Revis family of North Carolina because they have lots of fats and greases thats not so healthy

The family that looks the closest a like to what me and my family eat would have to be The Manzo family of Sicily.

I think it is a good diet because the variety of fruits and vegtables.

A dinner that i would prepare for myself that is less thatn the $1 criteria for the U.S. is the Anyday a chicken salad and applesauce because it is not unhealthy.
 
I think that the family from Italy looks like it has the healthiest diet. This is because they have a lot of natural foods. All of their bread looks like it came from a bakery and are fresh so there are no added ingredients to improve shelf life. They also have a lot of fruits and vegetables. These are also good because they are all natural and healthy. Compared to all of the unhealthy things they have to eat, its less than the healthy foods.

I think that the family with the unhealthiest diet would have to be the family from Chad. They have a fairly large family and they don’t have much food. The food they have is all natural but there’s not much nutrients coming from them to meet the body’s needs. They are all underweight and look kind of unhealthy. The only drink they have for the whole week for the 6 of them is a water bottle. My family of 5 would go through that in about a day or two.

My diet looks kind of like the one from china.

I think that the diet is good. They have some vegetables and some fresh bread too. They have meat and they go out to eat once in a while which is okay.

I chose Baked Lemon Chicken. I chose this recipe because my mom always makes lemon chicken and it’s really good. It was $0.98 for a serving and the serving size was two pieces.
 
the family from Kuwait City has the healthiest diet b/c they had a full range of foods covering all the food groups

the most unhealthy family looked like it was the Aboubakar family of Breidjing Camp. they look unhealthy because of the lack of food.

The family most like mine was the Caven family of California. it was like mine because it fods consisted of mostly protiens like my family.

i wouldnt say this is a bad diet but somethings cause be removed such as the ice cream from every day meals.

i woudl chose baked chicken for because it only costs $0.69 per sevring. it also has protien
 
The Ahmed family of Cairo has the healthiest diet. There is a abundance of vegetables and meats. The food pyramid is fulfilled in their lifestyle.



The Revis family of North Carolina
has the least healthiest. Most of the food is fastfood and their is a lot of fat and sugar.

My family's diet relates to the family from Sicily. My family does have more so Italian based foods but vegetables are a must have in my family too. My mother makes us eat very healthy and on sundays we have a big Italian meal.
It would be looked upon as a good diet. My mom uses a lot of whole grain and vegies.

A healthy dinner meal that I would prepare and eat that meets the one dollar meal criteria of the US food stamp program is Bugs on a Log. It has peauynut butter and plenty of vegeies and spreads to give a variety of protien and nutriion.
 
1. the family with the healthiest diet seems to be the Casales family. it seems pretty balanced, meats, vegetables, and fuits.
2. the revis family seems to not have the healthiest diet, fo much junk food, and fats, oils.
3.the diet that is more similar to my family's diet is the poland family(I cant even say their name, because of the vegetables meats and fruit balance.
4. i would call my family's diet as fair, its not too unhealthy but not really super healthy. XD
5.i would make italian broccoli and pasta for my under one dollar meal.i pick this one because its a balance between vegetables and carbohydrates(pasta)

peace -_-
 
The family that looks like it has the healthiest diet is the Italian family because it looks like they have a good balance of food from each group in the food pyramid.

The family that looks like it has the unhealthiest diet is the Revis family of North Carolina because there is an unsettled balance between the healthy foods and the junk/fast foods. There are lots of junk foods in their diet, which also means a lot of money not spent well.

The diet that is closest to my family's is The Caven family of California because their diet has a good balance of fruits, meats, grains and even fats and oils.

I would say that I have a good diet. I eat fruit almost everyday, I have meat atleast 3 times a week and I also don't eat as much fat/oily foods throughout the week.

A healthy dinner meal that I would prepare and eat that meets the $1 meal criteria of the US food stamp program is the vegetable and turkey stirfry. I chose this because it has healthy vegetables and meat, has plenty of vitamins and is low on fats and sugars.
 
I believe the Ukita's diet from Japan is the healthiest. It has a balance between meat (fish), fruits, grains, and vegetables.

The least healthiest diet is the Aboubakar' diet from Breidjing Camp. There is not much of any food, and it looks mostly of grains.

If I were to pick a diet to eat I would choose the Al Haggan's diet from Kuwait city. It looks like there is lots of fruit and different kinds of food.

A good diet is one that is diverse and meets your body's need which can be characterized by the food pyramid (grains, starches, etc.). A bad diet is one that does not have many different foods and only has small portions of some.

Banana Split Oatmeal is a dinner choice that looks both good and healthy and is less than $1. I like this choice because I enjoy both bananas and oatmeal. Also in the recipe is yogurt, which is very tasty and good for you.
 
good morning!
:)
hj
 
I think the Ahmed family of cairo has the healthiest diet. In the picture i see a lot of fruits and veggies, but not a lot of soda or fatty foods.

I believe the family from north carolina has the least healthiest diet. There is a lot of junk food and sugar in their diet with just a small portion of it being fruits and veggies.

I think my diet is closest to the italian diet.

I think it is pretty good because I seem to eat a lot of bread, but have a good mix of fruits and veggies.

The meal that I choose that meets the $1.00 meal criteria would be baked chicken with vegetables. The meal contains a lot of veggies, and the chicken is grilled not fried. There is also not a lot of extra fats added to the meal.
 
1. Which family's diet looks the healthiest? Why?
The Dong family of Beijing looks the healthiest because I can see a lot of vegetables and breads and meats so it looks like they get the right amount of food for each food group.
2. Which family's diet looks the least healthy? Why?
The Revis family of North Carolina looks least healthy because they have fast food andpackaged processed food and soda and beer which is not good at all.
3. Which family's diet looks the most like the one you eat?
I think The Caven family of California looks most like the one my family eats but it's still not completely the same. I think my family's diet is a bit healthier.
4. Would you characterize that diet as “good” or “bad?” Explain.
It's more in the middle. There's fresh healthy food but there's also packaged bad food.
5. Use the link to the US Department of Agriculture to find a healthy dinner meal that you would prepare and eat that meets the $1 meal criteria of the US food stamp program. Explain why you choose that as your meal.
A healthy dinner meal that I would prepare and eat that meets the $1 meal criteria of the US food stamp program is a fall veggie casserole because it is very easy to make and it is healthy and seems filling.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?