02 November 2008

 
Questions for the President Period 8
Comments:
The three scientific areas of concern that I feel are the most important for our next president to address in his science policy are water, health, and energy. Water, I think would rank first because we need water to survive, and if we ran out of it we would die. I think that health would rank second because if people are unable to get health care then there are more possibilities for people to die. Finally, I would rank energy third because the supply of many natural recourses such as gas are not as large as they once were and we need to think of alternative energy sources.

Some advice that I would give to the presidential candidates when they are forming there science policy. I would advise them to strongly encourage research and studies into the amounts of water able to be used, and how much longer until we will have to be dividing up water throughout the earth. I think that I would also advise them to take some sort of health concern. They should make sure that health care can be available to all people, so that people would have more of a chance of living longer, instead of dying . Energy should also be put into their science policy because we are running out of sources of energy.

water website
health website
energy website
 
I think that energy, education, and genetics research, in that order, are the most important for our next president to address. Energy is first because we need to find an alternative to fossil fuel: it is essentially a nonrenewable resource, so we will run out eventually. It also pollutes the air that we have to breathe to live. Education is second because our country has the money and materials to have one of, if not the best, education systems in the world, but right now we are seeing a decrease in test scores. Genetics are important because they could allow us to save many lives and make the world a better place.

I would tell the candidates to have someone on their cabinet to help them with science. Therefore, they could have better informed decsisions on things related to science, since presidents are not necessarily science experts. I think that our new president should, to some extent, regulate science, because it has a potential to be dangerous. This also applies to making sure that other countries are not making anything dangerous. I think that in this technologically dominated world we need a president who will make science a focal point.

This site shows Senator Obama's point of view on education.

This site shows Senator McCain's point of view on education.
 
I feel that Research, Innovation, and Education in that order, are the three most important issues that our next president must address in his scientific policy. I chose these three because excellence in all of these areas will benefit the situations that the other issues address. Also, these three areas are vital to the continued prosperity of the American economy and to fortifying our position as the word-wide leader in technology and science.
The next president of the United States should acknowledge the existence of three fundamental concepts. The first is that America’s place on the forefront of technological innovation must be maintained. The second is that America’s future in technology and science lies both within today’s pioneering scientists as well as the kids and students who will soon replace them. The third and final concept may seem minute, but is, in actuality, the most important. The future president must recognize that innovation takes place not only in a government-regulated setting, but also in an environment where companies and people compete for the business of the American consumer and where products and ideas are continually refined and improved.
This link supports my view on the importance of addressing the issue of innovation within the United States.
 
I think the issues that are most important for the next president to address in his scientific policy are national security, water, and education, in that order. I think national security would rank first because it is there to protect everyone in our country from lethal threats. I don't think the safty of the entire country's population should be forgotten. I think water would rank second because everyone needs it to survive. I think education would rank third because the next generation of America should be educated and able to make decisions to help fix our planet.

Some advice I would give the presidential candidates is to keep an eye on national security. They should definatly keep it high up on the priority list to protect all of us. This includes watching other countries for any sort of new weapons they might develope. I would also recommend that they do some research into why our water sources are going dry. They should make sure that we, and our decendents, all have water to drink. One last piece of advice I have for them is to encourage our education system because the students of today are the scientists and presidential candidates of tomorrow.


This site has some of the presidential candidates' opinions on scientific issuses such as alternative energy sources.
 
I feel the most important topics a President must issue are Health, Innovation, and Energy. I feel that Health is the most important because people’s ability to live outweighs all other topics. What’s the point in making great achievements if people can’t live. The next topic that I rank second is innovation. Innovation is what makes America ahead of the world. Our technical capabilities gave us militaric and economic advantages. Without innovation, the U.S. will fall behind the rest of the world. Energy is the third most important topic. The world is completely dependent on other countries for energy. Research in alternative sources of energy would make us less dependent on foreign countries. This would make gains in the economy and national security.
I would tell the president to appoint a science advisor to his cabinet. A science advisor is a necessity in the presidential cabinet. With the rapid advancements in science and technology, science is paving the way to the future. These new developments could be good or bad. Another advice I would give to the president is to be very alert when new scientific discoveries are made and make a stand on them (for it or against it) early on, before a crisis arises.
Click Here
This site tells why our next president needs to appoint a science advisor to his cabinet.
 
The three scientific concerns i think our next president should address in his science policy are energy, climate change, and water. The way i would rank these in importance is water, energy, then climate change. The advice i would give the next president is to explain to the country how to help with these concerns. For example in the case of energy he could explain to everyone ways to save energy, like turning off lights when you leave a room and not leaving the water running when you are not using it. Also i would advise him to become a bigger part in the study of the climate changes. If the president was more involved in the reaserch then he would be able to prepare for what was to come. Another thing i would advise the next president to do would be to have more scientists watching the amount of water that is used and watch how it regulates.
Click Here
 
The three scientific issues that I think need the most concern are water, energy,and educatio in that order. I'd rank water first because humans can not survive without it. Energy is second because we need ways to get around and make products that will not harm the environment. Education is third because in order to solve all the issues on the list you need to teach young people about science.
I would tell the presidential candidates to surround themselves with candidate members who want to make science a priority. They need to look at the issues where our survival as a species is concerned. The next generation needs to be taught to think about good solutions. Scientists should be given restraints though. It should be against the law to harm living organisms or the planet in these tests.


Water
Energy
Education
 
1. Energy
2. Stem Cells
3. Innovations
If I could give the president some advice on his science policy, I would tell him to give it some breathing room. I would let scientist make their own limits. I also would tell him to focus on energy. We need to stop our dependency on fossil fuels and look into new energy sources. The world is going to run out of fossil fuels eventually and the carbon-monoxide is bad for the climate causeing climate change. I think numbers 2 and 3 on the list of 14 are almost linked together. This is a link to a fun game about fossil fuels.
Game
 
The first, and most important of the three policies that I think our next president should adress is energy because we are using up gasoline very quickly. The second most important is water because without it, many people will get sick or die. The third most important thing that I chose was education because we are lacking it compared to some other countries.

The next president of the United States should ration out the amount of money that each field of science gets. Beacuse of the debt that our country is in, we shouldn't be using too much of our money. I think that the money we do use should be split up to ,many different global fields of study. Every field deserves it and different people will support different fields. If the next president is going to be fair, then he should split it up equally. This site supports my opinions: Link
 
The first area of concern which I feel is most important is Health because everyone needs Health care, however many Americans cannot afford it. The second area of concern which I feel is second most important is Stem Cells. With stem cells, there are so many possibilities. So many dieases could be cured and lives could be saved. The third area of concern which I feel is third in importance is Education. Every child, every person, has the right to an education. If people are not well educated then they will not be able to get jobs. Also people need to be educated on the state of the environment and other political ideas.
I would advise the next presidential candidates is to make health care more affordable and the quality more efficient. Every one needs it, even the less fortunate. I would advise them to encourage stem cell research, as long as they were not using embryotic cells. I would tell the candidates to keep up with the education system. Everyone should have a say in poltics and world affairs, and they can only form educated opinions when they have efficient knowledge.

Health care
 
The three areas of scientific concern that I believe most important for our next president to address would be climate change, stem cells, and energy in that order. Climate change can help or hurt everyone and everything on the earth, and if not recognized soon, negative climate change will hurt everyone. Stem cell research is important because it holds the key to curing horrible diseases tht slowly deteriorate a person, such as dimensia and AIDS. We are going through an energy crisis which has rampaged far too long.

I woud tell our next president to be careful with our nation's resources. Also, I would advise him to address the climate issues soon and swiftly. He should make sure to make quality healthcare available to everyone. The next president should change the way our nation's students are taught math and science. Innovation should be amped up to keep up with the rest of the world.

click here for a site on global warming (the worst thing ever)
 
In my opinion, all of these topics of interest are important, but the one that I think holds first most importance is climate change. Climate is an essential factor to human life because it controls the way we act and live. I think that we need to help save the environment from future damage first, because without a healthy environment, none of the other concerns would be effective.
The second most important issue is education. Education depresses ignorance in our future generations of working people. It teaches everyone so much and can shape the world's future into a better place to be.
The third most important issue I think is health. Improving health also improves the happiness of all life. It is crucial that science and government aid in health awareness and creating a healthier nation.

When they form their science I policy, I would suggest that the new candidate takes appropriate actions to improve climate. Larger restrictions in the amounts of lumber that can be chopped down is one step to a cleaner environment that they can take. Another approach they can begin is to fund new research and machinery that helps purify factories and places that give off major waste. Rewards for purchasing "green" products should be given.
As for education, I think that college tuition and books should cost less. The government should work on forcing colleges to lower tuition, book, and dorm costs so that more people can afford to be formally educated.
In health situations, research should be done and health insurance should cost nothing, as is in Canada. Especially with the recession at hand, many citizens do not have enough money to pay for healthcare and are struggling to get by on budgets. Minimum wage should also be raised to a higher amount.

Climate Change
Education
Health
 
The scientific areas that I found as most of a concern are education, climate change, and national security. I rank education as number one, climate change as number two, and national security as number three.
My advice I would give to our next president is to start from the bottom up. Education is a major impact of how our country will continue to progress in the future. Many other important areas we have to adress like climate and security has to be done by intelligence. Most of thse aspects also won't be solved within the next few years. Education will give us more opportunity for success in the future for solving our problems. You should then work up to the world around us. Our economy is not as important as the ground we stand on. Finally, national security is also important. Due to many terrorist attacks our country is always at risk.
This site supports some of my issues icluding education.
Areas of Concern
 
The list of important topics our President should do something about is the 1. Climate Change, 2. Ocean Health 3. Water supply. In that order i think that he should highly consider taking on these scientific issues immediately.
The advice I would give our president would follow along the lines of this:

Dear Mr President Obama:

I, am an American citizen. As a minor I have strong opinions and I absolutely stand behind them and here, I will share with you my ideas. The climate, as we know is drastically changing. Although the atmosphere may have only increased one or two degrees, that is extraordinarily mortifying. Due to this climate change, icebergs are melting vastly. This without question is raising the level of the sea. This brings me to my next topic, ocean health. Due to the contamination and the inconsideration of many Americans many fish and other sea life. This is horrendous to the life that was brought to this earth. American's have taken increasing measures in destroying this earth, of course not intentionally. In the act of pollution and the rise in sea level I have considered the idea of gathering the water from the ocean and purifying it to the greatest extent and that will indeed help with the thirty-nine states that within the next decade will contain no water in their lands. Mr. President, I indeed thank-you for your time and hope you consider my thoughts.

Sincerely,
Amanda Verdon

WAT3R SAN1TAT1ON

CL1MAT3 CHANG3


0C3AN H3ALTH
 
WHOOPSIEDASIES! Mr. Johnson, i forgot to put my name in the little boxey thinggy , so its amanda's comment above! THANK YOUUUU : )
 
The three areas I would tell our president to address would be health, education, and energy. I believe that health would be first because not a lot of people can afford health care. If you are not able to afford health insurance then you have a higher risk of dying. The second issue I said was education. If more people got a better education then they could get better jobs and America wouldn't have so much poverty. Lastly, I think energy is very important. We have been using way too much energy throughout the past years and it's about time to do something about it before there is nothing left of the world we live in. I would tell our newly elected president that they should do more research on energy. They should make more energy conservation laws and find out more ways to try and reverse the damage that we have caused upon ourselves. I would also tell him to find a different way to give others health insurance without having to raise people's who actually work for their money taxes. I think with the shape our economy is now we need to find a new way to give people health insurance but taking hard workers money is not the way to achieve this. Lastly, I would tell the president to make laws that keep schooling throughout the United States more equal. I think if they tried to equal out the country's knowledge it would be very effective and keeping kids in school would help them succeed throughout the rest of their lives.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/6007835/Obama-vs-McCain-on-Energy

Click Here for ENERGY!
 
The three most important issues that our next president must address are Innovation, Education and Research, in that order.
Innovation is vital if we hope to advance. Albert Einstein once said "Imagination is more important than knowledge" Inventors with innovation are what gave the world its greatest inventions; the airplane, the computer and the car are just a few. Innovative ideas are essential in all parts of society; from science to politcs to sports.

Education is a key topic the next president must address. Our education is lagging behind; especially in Math and Science. The future generation must be well educate.

Research is also very important. If America doesnt do research in the areas it is needed; other countries will and we will stay behind. Research allows new ideas to develop.



Some advice i would give to the winner of the election about thier science policies is not to get too invloved in things that they have little knowledge on. They should recognize the importance of educating the future generations. They should realize that our status in Math and Scienec affects the economy; especially in the long term.

This is a websie i found that supports my views.
 
The science policy of our next president should be one of great importance. As a nation we are at the crossroads of our destiny, and now is the time that we should look to our leaders for advice and guidance. First though, our leaders should look to us for assistance and ideas. I believe that climate change, energy, and innovation are three areas that are important and should be used in our president's science policy.

As president, forming your policies are very difficult. Most of the time they originally come from your personal experiences and life, but as a leader you cannot think only about yourself. You must get a feel of your whole nation and the majority of problems that they face. Once establishing the problems in your country, figure out which problems need to be fixed quickly and which can wait for awhile. Then take action, and show your people your power to bring about change and prosperity. A famous quote says "Give me a place to stand and I will move the Earth". This relates to the topic at hand. Make the most of your decisions, and keep in mind, no matter how great your decisions might be, there will always be someone out there that disagrees with you.

Current U.S. Climate Policy
 
Our president ( Obama) should put a lot of importance on water, education and innovation in that order. Water is the number one priority for all living things including humans. However, unlike some organisms, humans need reasonably clean and purified water in order to get the right health benefits without paying the price of death. Third-world countries, in our world, even today, have issues with drinkable water which causes the people to suffer. Education is why our country is ahead of others. Without the proper knowledge of each individual child, they cannot live their life as they wish. Especially now-a-days, our future depends on our knowledge in order to become recognized. Because not all of us are exceptional musicians, writers, or artists, education and academics will always be there for us.
Innovation is like the importance of education, but on a larger scale. Innovation was what keeps our country to keep moving forward. Because of trying new things and taking risks, America is what it is today.
My advice to Obama, is to limit the money invested in unnecessary things, such as the war and military needs (in my opinion). Instead, use this to form a useful and strong science policy. Investing money in water supply is a smart move to make for future needs. Education should be available for every child ("No Child Left Behind") if we want to see our country grow and prosper. Also, within budget, we should encourage facilities and factories dedicated for the sole purpose of innovation.

THE IMPORTANE OF WATER SUPPLY!
 
Three main things that I believe that the next president of America (now Barrack Obama) should address (from most important to least important) are the availability and price of energy, education, and the amount of water available.

I believe that the most important thing is the price of energy and the availability of it to everyone because as of now, the majority (if not all) of the everyday items we use are made by using energy and/or using it (specifically, electricity). I would suggest to the president (or future president) that there should be more research and experiments done to find new ways to produce energy.

Education is an important concept in America as well as the rest of the world. Education allows the children to learn to contribute to the country as well as the world. American students are slowly ranking lower than before. I think that the U.S. shouldn’t just focus on the rank its students are compared to the world. We should give the students a better incentive to learn as well as hands-on learning and classroom experiments as well as teaching the students how to apply what they learn to the ‘real’ world.

Water is a necessity for humans as well as most animals to live. Right at this moment, icebergs are melting, mixing freshwater into the oceans. If not now, eventually, in the lives of our descendants, there will be a fresh-water shortage. If there is not enough water to at least drink, many will suffer as well as face the risk of dying of dehydration. The government should construct more reservoirs and set more (and enforce) laws against littering and contaminating the freshwater ponds, lakes, and river that the world receives their drinking from.


water shortage?
 
The three areas of concern which I think is beneficial for the president to bring up are Education, Health, and Innovation in that order of importance. Education was my first choice since Education leads to all sorts of things and has a broader base. All the other fields were specifically aiding one topic. If you are well educated you can virtually do anything you wish. The secondary choice made was the health policies. We probably have seen the problems concerning the health insurance coverage in America and it can be a troublesome concept to fix. If the president can ensure better insurance than the financial aid of people would no longer need big handicaps to help them pay for their needed assistance. Lastly, but not at all the least important concept is innovation. Innovation I believe is the future that can be accomplished in the present if tried hard enough. The world has evolved so much from all the resources they have and it's about time America shows the world their superiority in inventions. A major campaign quote stated in the president elect, Obama's, campaign was "yes we can" So many things can be derived from this statement, and something I got out of it was that nothing is impossible as long everyone tries their hand at it and succeeds. All these ideas of concern may have to do more about the people of America, than its natural concerns like water and energy, but I think power to the people is important so I picked these certain topics.

If I were to give advice to the president I'd tell him to get himself working on it pretty quickly. In the state the country is in right now we could use some people to hustle and make up some quick solutions to these facing problems. After they become settled in they can start to form the basis for the education lack in the nation. I'd reccommend a hasty sum of money to be poured into funding and incresing budget demands. For the next crisis of Health insurance I'd advise some helpful advisories and policy changes so it can be affordable. Lastly, the innovation plan for the growth of inventions. The president might not have all the power to control time, but I'd tell him to speed up some research to help America regain back some stauture as an unmatached nation in innovation. With the current loss of jobs due to lack of fields we need to start up something new to make America once again the nation of oppurtunity.

Education

Health

Innovation
 
1)climate change
2)education
3)research

The advice i would give to our president, when forming their science policy would be to really think about America, and how much we'd benefit by certain things. Our climate change, should be THE top priority, because if we don't do something more than just "going green" our earth is not going to survive. Also, education is important because our country should not be stupid. we have such bright minds living here, and yet the millions who don't apply themselves make our country to be the one filled with "fat & stupid people." Lastly, research because you need to be able to put money towards finding out new things. yes, there should be a limit of how much money gets asked from us, but i still think its necessary to benefit not only science, but us.

Click Here what our president should do about climate change.
 
I think that the following scientific areas of concern are the most important for the next president to address:
1. water
2. health
3. education
I ranked water first because we need water in order to survive. Without water we would most likely die. I ranked health second beacuse everybody needs health care and they have to pay for it. There needs to be an easier way to afford it. Last but not least, I ranked education third beacuse education is very important and having good knowledge means that you have a better chance of getting a better job that pays very well. You can do many things with the knowledge that you obtain.
Some advice to the next president:
they should find a way to conserve water so the shortage does not happen. He could only allow certain amounts of water to be used a day. As for health care, they should make it available to everyone and a price that everyone can afford. Everyone should be able to deserve to live. Education is very important and the president should know that due to the fact that they worked hard to get the role of president. Science is a very important subject in school and just in general. Science helps us with a better view of life. With the knowledge of science the president can probally better understand the world. Science may even change his decisions that he makes as president.
This site supports my rational:
cLiCk....HeRe
 
The three scientific areas of concern that i feel are the most important for our next president, which is Barack Obama, to address his science policy are education, water, and energy. I think that energy and water are number one in rank becuase if you do not find an alternate source for energy, then the earht is going to face global warming, and they need to find better ways to treat the water and find new sources of it, then education is ranked third because school only need to have a better curriculum and better learning environments.


I would tell the next president that he should try to get better education and learning conditions in the United States. In addition, to get better security systems in schools nad better textbooks. I would also tellthe next pesident to find a better way to get and supply energy. For example, the wind farms and solar panel technology. Water should be treated better when being transported from the wells, which are sides of rivers and lakes, to the houses without being contaminated by the bacteria and diseases in the pipes.

Energy Problems
Water problems
Education problems
 
Although I feel that all science topics are important, our president needs to address education, scientific integrity, and ocean health in his scientific policy. Education should be his first priority, then comes scientific integrity and then ocean health.

Education is the highest of my concern. If we are part of the United States, and the United States is a superpower, then how come we aren’t ranked number 1? With the status our country achieved, it should seem that we have the highest ranking. Unfortunately, we are ranked 24th in math, and 17th in science; there are only 30 countries that partook in the test! Education is essential to having a bright future.

Many people may think less of scientific integrity, but I feel it is very important. Science is supposed to be finding out the truth. If elected officials and leaders change the results, then how are we supposed to depend on science? We can’t. Politicians shouldn’t interfere with science at all because it is not their job. Their main focus should be leading the nation, not lying to citizens. If scientists found that a plague is going to sweep the nation, and then the president says “nothing’s wrong” to limit the panic, how are the people going to survive the disease? When are they going to get their vaccinations? Never.

The oceans are very important for the human population. With over fishing, and a decrease in coral reefs, our future generations could become very shaky. Without coral reefs, some types of organisms will lose their habitat, and end up dying. When these species become extinct, other species that depended on those species will end up dying. It could become a large chain reaction.

I would advise the president to make wise choices during his terms. For education, I would tell him to lower school tuition along with prices of books, room and board, etc. Education should be available to everyone, no matter their background. For scientific integrity, I would tell the president to hire a science board, or an official, that will be in charge of science. These people should not want a government position; rather, they should want to reveal the truth. Because the ocean life is in great decline, I would advise the president to be especially careful with foreign trade, or pollution. The last thing we want for the ocean is a huge oil spill that could eliminate more organisms.

Education
Scientific integrity
Ocean health
 
I think President Oabama :) should address the problems of, Stem Cell Research, Health, and Climate Change.

i think stemcell research and health go hand and hand but if i had to pick one i would choose stem cell research. i think enviornmental protection is important but we need to be able to stay alive in order to improve what we have "broken".
i would rank health second because we need to be able to cure a desease before we can give people health coverage for it.
third i would choose climate change. i don't think we need to explore space because we have a perfectly fine planet here, it just needs to be cleaned up. you wouldn't junk a car if it needed to be washed. just clean the earth up and it will last another 4 billion years.



If i could i would tell President Obama :) when he is forming the new science policy and budget is to kee in mind that no matter what you can't make any progress if you don't have healthy people to conduct experements. stem cell research can unlock the cures to so many diseases. the stem cells are collected from the patients own body so there is no chance of rejection and they are plentiful. there is more that one way to extract stem cells, you don't have to distroy a fetus the cells can also be taken from bone marrow. the possibility of treatment are enormous. Lukemia can be treated with stem cells and scientists predict that in the future they will be able to treat cancer, Parkinson's disease, spinal cord injuries, Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and muscle damage. It would be a mistake not to fund something with such possibility.


all about popular issues.com


Wikipedia.com
 
The three scientific areas of concern that I feel are the most important for our next president to address in his science policy are water, health, and energy. Water, I think would rank first because we need water to survive, and if we ran out of it we would die. I think that health would rank second because if people are unable to get health care then there are more possibilities for people to die. Finally, I would rank energy third because the supply of many natural recourses such as gas are not as large as they once were and we need to think of alternative energy sources.

Some advice that I would give to the presidential candidates when they are forming there science policy. I would advise them to strongly encourage research and studies into the amounts of water able to be used, and how much longer until we will have to be dividing up water throughout the earth. I think that I would also advise them to take some sort of health concern. They should make sure that health care can be available to all people, so that people would have more of a chance of living longer, instead of dying . Energy should also be put into their science policy because we are running out of sources of energy.
 
1.Heath
2.Water
3.National security

Dear President Obama,

There are three maian scentifc topics that should really be brought to attention while you are in office.Health, water, and national security. Obviously there are many health probems that effect americans from Obesity to cancer and advances need to be made. Water is a very important topic to make people aware of as well,esspecially because many people do not know it is a problem, which makes it even more dangerous. Finally National security is something that i think should be improved. We have obtained so much new tecnology in the past few years that our security should be phenomenal, but its not. You as a prestident should want our country to be safe. If we have the tecnology put it to use. My best advise to you to get these advances in progress is to give insentives to people who help in these causes.
 
1. Energy
2. Water
3. Pandemics and Biosecurity

The advice I would give to our new president about their science policy would be to give scientists some freedom. Let them explore different methods and techniques which may help solve other worldly problems. I also would recommend funding more money towards tohe subjects I mentioned above, a new source of energy, the problem of water shortage, and to secure our nation from any pandemics or deliberate biological attacks. I feel that these issues are the most important as they do not only deal with the U.S.A., but the whole world.

Energy Issues
Water Shortages
Pandemics and Biosecurity
 
First I suppose that the most important issue for this country is energy. We need do find alternative ways to use cleaner more efficient types of energy. We need less reliance on foreign oils and we can do that but reaching more towards cleaner and better energy use. Second we need to focus more on education because the children are the future. We need to put more money towards teachers and their pay and towards more books and after school activities. And third we need to also focus our energy towards research. The more we can research the more we can find out solutions to our current problems. The more we can learn about the world and change it for the better. The advice I can give the president about the future science programs is to include the American people in the decision making. To make it open so that we can vote or just be involved because the more we know the more we can help. Also make sure that there is enough funding for the science programs which will be hard to do since the economic crisis but we can always hope for a great outcome. Click Here
 
CURRENT EVENT EXTRA CREDIT:

This website is about the Large Hadron Collider (LHC). The HC is a circular tunnel buried around 50-175 meters underground on the outskirts of Geneva. The use of the LHC is to smash protons together at 99.999999% of the speed of light in order to recreate what happened a fraction of a second after the big bang. However some people are worried that this will cause a black hole and suck up the earth. Th first beams were circulated on September 10, 2008 but on September 19, it broke down and is now under repair. It is no expected to retsart again until the spring of 2009. I think that this experiment is a great way to study the orgin of the earth. Many new discoveries could be made from this one thing. Although I am slightly worried about the rumored black hole I trust that the scientists who made this know what they are doing. I can't wait for it to start up again and find out what will happen.
 
I think climate change is the most important, followed by education and water. I would advise our next president to really stress the importance of cleaning up our planet. He should let the citizens know we must treat our planet with respect. Global warming is a serious threat all around the world. I believe the next president should let the people know more facts, so they are more aware of the situation we face. He should also pass more laws restricting activities that harm our home planet. Global warming will only get worse if we don’t do something now.
I think he should make great efforts to improve the field of education. Many people don’t have the ability to get a proper education. I think the president should spend money, or somehow find a way to improve the conditions in schools. It is important that everyone gets a good education. The next generation, our generation, will be in charge one day. It’s important that we have the ability to think for ourselves and form our own opinions.
The country should also be aware of the planet’s water situation. Our planet has a limited supply of resources. Water is a necessity for survival. The president should spread awareness of our planet’s health. If we treat the planet poorly, then it’ll hurt us in the long run.

GLOBAL WARMING !
 
good morning all !
:)
hj
 
i think that climate change, energy, and space are important to adress in his science policy. first i would prefer climate change because the air is starting to get toxicated with bad stuff such as mercury, CO2, and other bad stuf comming out of factories and cars. energy i would prefer second because people need fuel and they are running out of it so they need another type of fuel to power things. space i would rank third because it can help our climate alot but we can still make our climate a better place down on the earth.

if i had to give the president advise i would tell him that our climate and o-zone i bad and that he needs to try to make cigarettes and fuel cars to a minimum and to try to make everything eletric. if we change the climate of our country other countrys might use our idea and the world will be nice and clean. but if he can't make all cars eletric, we should try to find an alternate fuel for gasoline that is as powerful but less harmful to the earth. if we don't let profestionals take care of the envirement and if we dont take care of our envirment, the world has a chance of ending sooner than its suposed to.
 
i forgot to put a link so here is my link to support my reasons.
Click Here for the link
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?