18 January 2009

 
Opinions and Links Period 1
Comments:
i wouldn't want my parents to use e as a science orject. We were put on this earth to live not to be monitorded and studied. I just think that the whole concept of what they are doing is weird. I don't understand the point of following a baby around with a camera. Why do you need a baby for that. Why can't you just follow your self around. It makes not sence to me. i dont think its ethical.
 
I don't like the idea of of parents using me in a science experiment. No way in earth this kind of experiment is ethical. A child born born is supposed to be loved and cared at not to use as scientific experiment. I understand that the parents says that there is no harm but maybe later in life the child has some kind of problems and if the cause of it is the experiment. Think how would the child think of their parents. I don't think these experiments are valid scientific data because every child is different they might have different reaction form other children. Yes, I think think it is an invasion of privacy.
 
I wouldn't want my parents to use me for an experiment. However it is hard sometimes because my mother does sometimes use us for her therapy methods to see what works and what doesn't. I usually don't mind it much because normally it's just too see if that approach would work. Sometimes she does get a little personal though.

I think if you are just testing how a question would work it would be ethical. I think the results would be biased because it's not a completly neutral observation because it is your kid.

I think it's not an invasion of privacy usually when my mom does it to me I usually don't mind.
 
I really don't like the idea at all of having my parents using me in a science experiment. Sure it would be usefull, but having someone watch my every move when im young would reuin me when I would be older.This is not an ethical experiment. A baby shouldn't have to be watched by an adult for everymove. It could really affect the kids life when the are older. The whole concept of them trying to watch a babies life makes no sense because every baby is different. That is why this scientific datas are not valid. Its a major invasion of privacy!
 
As long as I am not being harmed in the process, I am fine with the idea of a healthy science experiement. It does not bother me in any way. I think it seems ethical. Again, as long as the science subject is not being hurt by the experiment, then to me it doesn't seem like it matters. I think the results of the science experiment data is much more valid than anyone older than a baby because anyone older than a baby is very self conscious of what is going on, and therefore they might, intentionally or not confuse the experiment. I think in order to know if it is an invasion of privacy or not you would have to ask the baby him/herself.
 
If I were the subject for my parent's "science experiment" I would feel used. I would feel like my only reason to be born was so that they could observe and study me. I dont think the practice is wrong per say, but i dont think it is 100 % "right." I mean i think this can possibly be harmful to the child, and not worth what could happen to them. I dont think the experiment provides valid information either. Each child is different, and there will be several different results depending on the child. I also think that it is a big invasion of privacy. The child is not old enough to decide whether or not to under go the experiment. It would be different if the child had some sort of say. Over all, I dont really agree with the experiment, and its practice.
 
I wouldn't want my parents to use me for science experiments. Because kids are taught to do whatever their parents tell them to, if their parents reach a point where the kid does not feel comortable, they still might not say anything. Using your child for a science experiment can be okay as long as the parent would limit what they do. They have to be able to see when its enough. Also, the results of these experiments might be wrong if they use their own child because the child might react differently towards their parent then towards somebody else. Finally, I think that it may or may not be an invasion of property depending on the situation. There may be some circumstances where in is not ethical, and others where it is.
 
I wouldn't like it if my parents used me for their science experiment! I don't think its ethical because it is an invasion of privacy. If people really wanna know how a baby acts they should have their own kids. It could be acurate but it depends. I definitely think its an invasion of privacy.
 
Depending on the intensity of the experiment, I might mind, but if it is not that bad, I don't see why not. A harmless test that does not effect the relationship of the participents is important. When the child becomes older, the parent should talk the their child and listen and respect what their child would like to do from there on. I don't think that any single one should be used as concrete evidence because everyone is different. With everyone different and reacting differently to all types of situations makes each case difficult to use as hard evidence. There are certain limits that need to be considered. Having respect for the child at any age is very important.
 
1) It would honestly depend on the type of science experiment, but overall, I don't think that It'd really bother me that I was used as part of a science experiment as a kid.

2) I certainly believe that this is ethical. For one it's a baby that belongs to the parents. The baby really doesn't have much say anyway, it can't talk. . .

3) I believe the data is valid. The camera strapped on the baby's head is certainly seeing what the baby is seeing. If the parents are doing an experiment, then any data is technically "valid."

4) This experiment is definitely not an invasion of privacy, the baby cannot make choices and when you are that young, your privacy is your parents business.
 
I wouldent like if my parents put me in the expariment.
I dont think it is ethical or moral.I think that no babay should be hooked up with a camera. Even if it was a diffrent expariment I still dont think it would be right. Its not natural.
I do think that the results would be vaild, but diffrent for every baby they test.It would be diffrent because most babys are atteracted by diffrent things.
I do think it is an envasion of privacy although they are little and dont know, they are still people and should have as much privacy as everyone else.
 
If my parents used me as the subject of the science experiment, I’d have mixed emotions. At times i would be mad because i want some privacy. Other times, i wouldn’t care because there’s nothing going on.
I don’t think that this is ethical. The baby shouldn’t be hooked up on electrical devices. If the baby was being curious and got into something that could hurt them while using the device, then there could be serious problems.
Yeah, the results would be valid because the baby is doing what a normal baby would do. Its not doing anything unusual.
Yessir, this is an invasion of privacy.
 
I do not think children should be used as science experiments. It is not ethical at all. I wouldnt want my parents monitoring me and have to have a camera on my head. Even the parents that do not use cameras on their babies still watch there every move. I think it would affect me as a child if i were to have no privacy. It is an invasion of privacy because those results could go back to another lab to be seen by other people. The experiment is not that valid because the parent would need to act more of a scientist, then a parent.
 
1. I wouldn't really be bothered if I was a subject in an experiment as long as it is a safe experiment.
2. I do think this ethical. I think children have a right to their privacy but they can still make the decision to be part of an experiment if they want to.
3. I think that the data is valid because a video camera will catch all the things a child will see when it is pointing forward from the child's head.
4. I do not think that is an invasion of privacy. If the child is old enough, s/he can make the decision not to do the experiment if they don't want their privacy "invaded." If the child is young, the parents aren't going to do anything embarrasing if they want accurate data.
 
I would not want my parents performing science experiments on me. I am not to sure where i would stand, my emotions would be mixed. I don't think its a good idea because babies need love, care, and compassion. Not wires and cameras to created experiments. This practice is not ethical because all babies are different, same as adults. Your results would vary because children are attracted to different things. I suppose its an invasion of privacy, but on the other hand, how much privacy does a baby need? Still, babies havn't always been experimented on, why now ?
 
I would feel awkward if my parents were experimenting on me. Expecially if I had to go everywere with a camara on my head. I do think that it is eth ical because there will always be experiments done on people but the only snag is the kids are so young thay have no choice. I do not see why it would not be valid. It is preformed as it would be done on any other subject. I do think it is an invasion of privacy.The kid has no choice but to have vidoes of him posted online.
 
I would feel that i made a valuable contribution to science. I mean, its not like you are going to remember any of this.They said they are only doing this to babies. This practice is ethical. Just because you are using cameras to moniter your kid doesnt mean you love them any less.I think that this experiment will bring out valid scientific data. This isnt really an invasion of privacy because we wont remember it.
 
I would not want my parents to use me as the subject of their science experiment. If either of my parents were scientists I would be fine with it , unless I suddenly became subject to their work. I would tell them that I didn't want any part of it. I'm not a lab rat and I wouldn't expect to be used as one. Also , any child who's parents use them as an experiment could grow up with some sort of mental problem , not to mention a side affect from the experiment that was not concluded during the time. Regardless of what the parent says I do not think that it is ethical. Parents should cherish , love , and care for their children not use them as part of work to possibly make more money. No child shoudl be subject to having a camera follow them around or anything of that nature. It is definately an invasion of privacy , and I do not agree with it at alll .
 
Honestly, my opinion on this subject is somewhat mixed up. I think that if I was the subject it may be to personal when I got older but I also think that it wouldnt bother me majorly. I think that if the science expierment was to help other people in the world I would feel proud that i did that.
I think this practice is btoh ethical and unethical. I think that its ethical when its a simple project but it probably will get unethical at times. (which for me would later bother me).
I do think that the data is valid because its not like a baby can mess up the project if it doesnt know whats happening to itself.
I think that it is an inviosion of privacy but it also isnt if its just researching what you play with.
 
I would not want my parents to do a study on me. I feel they would only be concerened with their results and not concerned about how I feel. I do not think this practice is ethical because it could be dangerous to their child if the experiment went wrong and could cause psychological problems. I think the results are not valid because your child might just do or say what you want them to in order to help you get the right results for your experiment and to get you to leave them alone. I think it is an invasion of privacy, especially when the child is not old enough to decide if they want the studies done.
 
If I was a subject for a science expiriment when I was an infant I would be completely fine with it. I wouldn't remember anything about it so it wouldn't be an invasion of privacy, and the videos can be edited to leave out unwanted things. Infants' brains aren't fully developed immediately after birth so your basically seeing what I did out of instinct. The results of this experiment would be valid scientific data because it is like a very detailed observation where you actually get to see the experiment unfold from two perspectives, yours and the infant's. I think this practice is perfectly ethical because it has no well known negative repurcussions.
 
personaly i would not want to be used as a science experiment. i think that if you are forcing your kids into doing something they dont want to do is crule and if its hurtfull it is childabuse (and for no good reason. it invades their privatcy and is very unthical. testing on people with out there aproval is bad.
 
i personally wouldn't want my parents to experiment with me. i think this practice is unethical, because many factors change, the child childhood would be different. i believe there are less valid because they are not getting the same treatment from their parents as the other kids.i believe it is an invasion of privacy, the kids also have to have their own fun while no one is watching and keep embarrasing things in between the family and not to the world.
 
I would not want to be used as a science project for my parents. This practice is not ethical because kids are meant to be kids, not science experiments. I dony think this is valid scientific data because the whole concept of watching your kid makes no sence. Your kid is your kid and you should no how he reacts to things and what he does. I dont think you need a camera in every room to watch his every move.This is a total invasion of privacy. It is not so much when you are little, but when you get older there are just some things you dont want your parents to know.
 
good morning!
:)
hj
 
Sorry I am just getting this to you. i was having issues with my internet connection last night. I would not want to be the subject of my parents science experiment. This practice of using kids as experiments is not ethical. This is your baby who you are supposed to love and care for, not to test and study. Second this might be far reached, but how healthy is this. Cell phones are not good for humans so how can a camera affect a baby? This info they collect can't be valid. Some babies mature quicker than others and a camera can see way better than a baby. This can be an invasion of property for a grown up, but how does a baby know the difference?!
 
ABSENT On VACA. i would not want my parents to use me as a science project. I would feel that it ws a complete invasion of privacy. I think that it is crazy to use a child that cant even say weither it wants to be apart of the experiment or not. That is why this is completly unethical. However, if parents did do this i still think that the data that is collected is valid because as long as the parents werent influencing to results they are valid.
 
1. i would not not care as long as i got some sort of copmensation for my time spent in the experiment.
2. i thinkthis is perfectly fine for parents to do this to their child. as long as the chld is not at any risk i fell that they can continue their experiment. i think they are valid experiments if the enviornment is controled and there is no bias ness n the scientists observing the child. i think it invading my privacy a little but not to a major extent.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?