11 January 2009
Postings and Links Period 1
Comments:
<< Home
I don’t think that Dr. Yee should give the surgery to the patient. The patient has been warned many times and he chose not to listen. Instead of wasting his time on the patient that didn’t listen, he could help a different one that did but still has problems. If Dr. Yee was to operate on the guy who didn’t listen, then he wouldn’t live as long and surgery would be more dangerous. That would make it harder for Dr. Yee. The patient should’ve listened and now he’s paying for the consequences.
heart disease
heart disease
I think Dr. Yee should refuse to do the surgery. The patient obviously doesn't care about his life. When he was told that he is in risk of heart failure, he didn't do anything to help reduce the risk. Dr. Yee shouldn't try to save a person lives who doesn't care about his own. The patient thinks that he can just get a surgery and live longer, tough luck dude that's not how world works. First do what you can to do to save your life then maybe may be surgery.
Heart Surgery
Heart Surgery
1) I think that Dr. Yee should not give the 75 year old man the surgery. He had not shown that he can change his lifestyle to help his heart. The doctor even said that it will probably not work to extend his life at all. Also, the patient isn't even expected to survive the actual surgery. In the end, if the elderly patient wouldn't even survive the surgery to begin with, I think that the heart should go to someone who actually deserves it.
2)American Heart Association
2)American Heart Association
i think that dr. Yee should not perform the surgery on the patient. the heart would be wasted. i believe if the heart is saved for a patient that has taken care of their health and has a much larger life expectensy after the surgery. this patient was warned and didnt do anything about his health, now the consequences.
Click Here
Click Here
I think tht Dr. Yee should not give the 75 year old man the heart surgery. Since he is overweight and hasn't done any exercises to help him lose the weight, it makes the surgery riskier. It would probably make the doctor feel uncomfortable doing such a hard task on such low health problems. He obviously doesnt care much about his life to put his life in danger, so why go with the surgery? Dr. Yee must feel that something would go wrong or else he wouldnt need our help for his decision.
HEART SURGERY
HEART SURGERY
I do not think that Dr. Yee should perform the surgery. This person obviously does not care about thier health if they would not change thier diet or exercise. They are already older and whether he has surgery or not his life will probably end up the same.
Click Here
Click Here
I do not think Dr. Yee should do the surgery. I believe because of the patient's age and health problems, the surgery would not even have lasting effects. I feel if the patient did take better care of themselves the doctor should do the opperation. I believe the surgery shouldn't be done because of the patient's record and not because of the doctor having a better percentage of successful opperations. Due to the patient's health problems I feel the surgery would not help.
Refusal
Refusal
I don't think that Dr. Yee has to give this 75-year old man the surgery. This is not the first time that the overweight patient has been told to watch his health. Now that he is in need of surgery he expects doctors to listen to his needs, when for years he never took the precautions and listened to the doctors. Don't get me wrong I dont believe anyone should have to die because of surgery refusal, but this backtracks to the patient and his lack of commitment to necessary activities. Maybe he can find a doctor willing to, and up to the challenge that this surgery may cause.
RISKS
RISKS
I do not think that Dr. Yee should perform the surgery. The patient hasn't done all that he can to prevent heart disease and there may be an easier solution to the problem than surgery. I think that the patient should go consult a nutritionist or another experienced doctor about his diet and health before taking drastic measures. Once the patient has done all that he can, if the problem still exists then perform the surgery. For now however, I do not think that the patients' life is worth the risk to have the surgery performed if it is not absolutely necessary.
Preventing Heart Disease !
Preventing Heart Disease !
I do not think that Dr. Yee should prefor the sergeury. This patient as obviously seen that they have been growing larger at a dangerous rate adn has yet to try and do anything about it. Dr. Yee should not have to waste his time becasue they all of a sudden now want to start taking care of them selves.
risks of heart disease
risks of heart disease
I do not think that Dr. Yee should preform the surgery. The patient is old so he will die soon anyway. Also if the sugery is preformed it may not extend his/her live at all. Dr. Yee also may have more omportant matters to attend to like sugeries that may actually save a life. The fact that the patient did nothing about his health wile he had a chance makes him less appealling to a surgon. Lastly, if the sugery does not do any good for the patient it will ruin his percentage of sucessful sugeries. This will help him to get new sugeries to preform in the future.
Heart Sygery Risks
Heart Sygery Risks
I don't think that he should give the patient surgery. Someone who knew they were getting heart disease should have worked for it. But this person did nothing to prevent it! He could have lost weight or eated better but he didn't. I think that someone who actually listens to the doctor and works to become healthier deserves the surgery moreso than the lazy bum who could've done stuff.
Heart Disease Causes !
Heart Disease Causes !
I think that Dr. Yee has the right to deny the patient surgery. I can understand that he would not want to feel the guilt if his patient did not survive. The patient was even warned to modify his diet and exercise and he refused. I would also see that the patient would feel as though they deserve surgery but I believe that he should be able to find another doctor to perform the surgery. You may not trust this new doctor as much but the patient did have the oppurtunity to change his diet and exercise.
Doctors Refuse Surgery Unless Patient Quits Smoking
Doctors Refuse Surgery Unless Patient Quits Smoking
I think he should refuse the surgery. Unless the patient has done eevrything he can to modify his diet and exercise why should he help him. I feel the surgery should be a last resort maybe if he tried everything else and it didn't work he should get the surgery. But right now i feel he should refuse to operate.
Heart Disease Risks
Heart Disease Risks
I think that doctor Yee should give the pacient the surgery. I think this because even if the surgery isent successful then atleast the could say they tried.It is a chance and you cant find out the result unless you take it.I also think that if he dose do the surgery that there is a better chance he will live and eventually lose weight.So I say that he should do the surgery.
Heart surgery Facts
Heart surgery Facts
I honestly do not think Dr. Yee should do the surgery on the patient. I don't agree however that the reason the doctor should refuse the surgery is because the patient doesn't seem to take care of himself. I think the real reason the doctor should refuse the surgery is because the patient is in poor health which makes the surgery riskier and less likely to extend his life for long. Basically, the odds aren't in his favor and it might be life threatening. I think however if the patient gets back on track with his health then the doctor should reconsider.
Heart transplantttt !
Heart transplantttt !
I do not think should not do the surgery. The 75 year old man knew that changing his lifestyle would help but decided not to against the recomendations of his doctor, which is not a smart thing to do, and deal with being at risk for heart disease. The patient isn't even believed to live long after the surgery. the heart should be used for a more deserving patient who is a better qualified match for the heart.
link
link
I think Dr Yee should perform the surgery. I think it is ultimately the patients choice in deciding if he does the operation. The doctor has an obligation to present all the facts going into the surgery and when the patient knows what the chances are he should decide if the risk is worth it or not. The doctor should not decide what is right for the patient, the patient should decide what is right for himself.
Click Here
Click Here
I beleive that Dr. Yee should not give the heart the the 75 year old patient. If the patient really wanted the heart and was willing to do anything to save himself, he would have worked to imporove his health. Although the patient is not extremelly old, he is elder and not in the best health. There are plenty of other patients out there who are more sutible for the heart. The surgery would be riskey and the patient might die during surgery and living the same life style, he would not live longer, unlike other younger healther patient.
Heart Surgery Admission
Heart Surgery Admission
I think Dr. Yee shouldn't do the surgery. The patient has had many years to change his diet and exercise but did not. He may not have much longer to live anyways, and the sugery may not help him. He should realize that he needs to work hard in life and if Dr. Yee does his surgery, he will not have to work hard at all. Since he ignored the doctor he doesn't deserve to make the decision, and he should have realized what risks he had before. In my link it said that after the surgery, you will need to eat healthy and exercise to recover, and Dr. Yee's patient may not be able to if he couldn't help his diet or exercise before.
info about heart surgery
info about heart surgery
I think that Dr. Yee shouldn't do the surgery. The patient knew they were at high risk for these conditions but they still didn't change what they did in life. Even if this surgery with a low chance for success in extending the patients life for much longer is done what if the patient still continues their risky ways? it would have been a waste. I mainly think from an ethical point of view that Dr. Yee should figure out as much relevant data about the problem, and then either do the surgery, or refer the patient to another doctor that might do the surgery.
Coronary Heart Disease
Coronary Heart Disease
I think that Doctor Yee should not perform the surgery. Since the patient is 75 years old and he has been told of the dangers he had multiple chances to fix himself. He chose not to do anything and when it got to the worse point surgery isnt gauranteeded to work. The doctor might perform the surgery but since he (patient) he is a bad condition the surgery could go wrong. Something could happen like hes heart could give it making him need a new surgery or worse he could die.
Complications
Complications
I think that Dr.Yee shouldnt treat the patient. He did not listen to the doctor when he told him that he needed to change his diet and exercise. But, if the patient had listened to the doctor and had done all he could to help himself. Then maybe the doctor should perform the surgury if the diet and excercise didnt work.
http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=1200000
http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=1200000
i think dr yee should give the surgery. The patient may have lead him self to this but the surgery can still be completed. even though he has been at risk for years they should still think of his importance to people. thing of what would sound better to his grand childern grndpa died because some evil docter wanted to make more money or grandpa passed away from old age. think of the childern!
click here and ill be your friend
click here and ill be your friend
I don't think that Dr. Yee should give the patient the surgery. He is already 75 years old and that is a decent lifetime to live. He has been warned and told to exercise and eat healthier but didn't do that. If he gives him the surgery, he probably won't live very long after that. He could give this surgery to someone who is in more of a need and could live longer after the surgery.
Click Here
Click Here
Dr.yee should not give the patient the heart surgery. Youger people should recieve the surgery instead of a 75 year old man. The patient is not in good shape and has not done anything to improve it. The patient would probably survive the surgey if he did more to help himself. The patient was warned multiple times about his health and did nothing. He does not deserve the surgery .
Heart Surgery
Heart Surgery
Dr.Yee should give surgery to the patient. It is what the patient wants, and he should be able to have it. The patient hasnt made the right choices, but that doesnt mean he should be denied something that will save his life. Sometimes people can get irresponsible, including the patinet. I think that despite the risk, in the long run it is a good decision.
heart surgery
heart surgery
I thin Dr.Yee is in a very delicate position. I think the man should be on a strict healthy lifestyle to see if he will be able to keep up with his health. I am not sure if he cares so much about his health, but it is worthed a shot. With this surgery, Dr.Yee would be able to see if he could perform such surgery on the elderly and if it will be effective.
Click Here
Click Here
i think the doctor should do the surgery. the doctor should because it is the right thinbg to do. another reason is that the doctor took a oth. in the oth the doctor agreed to help a paciant in need of help.
hippocratic oath
Post a Comment
hippocratic oath
<< Home

