16 February 2009
Postings and Links Period Five
Comments:
<< Home
1.Scientific name-Ursus maritimus and Common-Polar bear.
Picture:
http://www.sheeptoshawl.com/news/data/upimages/cute_polar_bear.jpg
2.Polar bears live in northern parts of the globe where there is a cold climate.I picked this animal because there are very easy solutions to to helping this animal become none scarce.
3.People hunt animals everyday and that decreases biodiversity,My animal is a victim of that.
4.I can start driving less places and start walking more so i dont contribute to global warming which is making there homes melt away.
5.Our government could give incentives to manufactures Eco friendly cars that way global warming wont melt away anymore of there homes.
http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/faq/#q1
Picture:
http://www.sheeptoshawl.com/news/data/upimages/cute_polar_bear.jpg
2.Polar bears live in northern parts of the globe where there is a cold climate.I picked this animal because there are very easy solutions to to helping this animal become none scarce.
3.People hunt animals everyday and that decreases biodiversity,My animal is a victim of that.
4.I can start driving less places and start walking more so i dont contribute to global warming which is making there homes melt away.
5.Our government could give incentives to manufactures Eco friendly cars that way global warming wont melt away anymore of there homes.
http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/faq/#q1
1. Scientific name- Spheniscus demersus. Common name- penguin
Click Here
2. The majority of the remainder inhabit coastlines from the Antarctic Circle to temperate regions even farther north. New Zealand, the Falkland Islands, the Galápagos Islands and desert coastlines of South America and southern Africa are home to the largest penguin populations. I picked this animal because i like then and they aren't many left
3. The biodiversity of my penguin is decreasing because the warm weather if melting where they live because of global warming.
4. I can become more eco friendly and stop using a lot of electricity
5. Our government can use more eco friendly matters to help save the penguins.
Click Here
Click Here
2. The majority of the remainder inhabit coastlines from the Antarctic Circle to temperate regions even farther north. New Zealand, the Falkland Islands, the Galápagos Islands and desert coastlines of South America and southern Africa are home to the largest penguin populations. I picked this animal because i like then and they aren't many left
3. The biodiversity of my penguin is decreasing because the warm weather if melting where they live because of global warming.
4. I can become more eco friendly and stop using a lot of electricity
5. Our government can use more eco friendly matters to help save the penguins.
Click Here
Scientific name- Ailuropoda melanoleuca
Common name- Giant Panda
http://www.chinaodysseytours.com/tours/pictures/15-days-Top-Tour-of-China-Cultural-and-Natural-Discovery/daybyday/giant-panda-breeding-research-base1-1.jpg
The giant panda lives in Southwest China, where it feeds on bamboo in forests. I chose the panda because what first came to mind when doing this blog was WWF. The panda is the symbol of WWf and has been since the organization was formed in 1961. One things humans do to decrease biodiversity is we put pandas in zoos. Also, habitat destruction is what threatens these animals. Only about 980 pandas are under protection in wild life reserves. One thing I can do to help with the endangers of pandas is really to help support the WWF. Since this is happening over in China, nothing I do with the environment could really help.Our government could also support the WWf.
http://www.worldwildlife.org/species/finder/giantpanda/panda.html
Post a Comment
Common name- Giant Panda
http://www.chinaodysseytours.com/tours/pictures/15-days-Top-Tour-of-China-Cultural-and-Natural-Discovery/daybyday/giant-panda-breeding-research-base1-1.jpg
The giant panda lives in Southwest China, where it feeds on bamboo in forests. I chose the panda because what first came to mind when doing this blog was WWF. The panda is the symbol of WWf and has been since the organization was formed in 1961. One things humans do to decrease biodiversity is we put pandas in zoos. Also, habitat destruction is what threatens these animals. Only about 980 pandas are under protection in wild life reserves. One thing I can do to help with the endangers of pandas is really to help support the WWF. Since this is happening over in China, nothing I do with the environment could really help.Our government could also support the WWf.
http://www.worldwildlife.org/species/finder/giantpanda/panda.html
<< Home
