01 February 2009
Posts and Links Period One
Comments:
<< Home
The story of is very exciting. One thing I want to say if why in earth will you want 14 children is beyond my understanding. I feel that it is unethical for a women to give birth to six babies that she can't financially support. If I was suppose to place the blame I would lace it on Ms.Suleman. It was not ethical for the IVF clinic to implant these 8 embryos. If I was the IVF doctor my reaction to Ms. Suleman wanting 8 embryos injected is totally ridiculous as very dangerous to her live. It is very unethical for a woman of your age for being injected with 8 embryos.
Eight Children
Eight Children
Does she have now 12 or 14 children?? I think that the storys insane. She shouldnt have produced more than she can handle. I think it was unethical for this woman to have done this, to herself and the children. Specially because she is not married and might not even have a job because she is to busy taking care of all her children. I honestly dont think anyone should be put to blame. Maybe she shouldnt have tooken the risk of putting IVF into her body. If I were Ms Suleman's mom, I might have been upset for my daughter and pissed with the doctor. She ruined her life, without any help from a husband. She has no support, but I'd help her out.
Mom's Obsessed
Mom's Obsessed
Does she have now 12 or 14 children?? I think that the storys insane. She shouldnt have produced more than she can handle. I think it was unethical for this woman to have done this, to herself and the children. Specially because she is not married and might not even have a job because she is to busy taking care of all her children. I honestly dont think anyone should be put to blame. Maybe she shouldnt have tooken the risk of putting IVF into her body. If I were Ms Suleman's mom, I might have been upset for my daughter and pissed with the doctor. She ruined her life, without any help from a husband. She has no support, but I'd help her out.
Mom's Obsessed
Mom's Obsessed
I think the entire situation is very bizarre. I dont know why Ms. Suleman would want to have so many children at once, this seems so dangerous. However, i can understand why people would find this very interesting and exciting. I think the blame should be placed on Ms. Suleman because she is the one who chose to have the children with no financial support. I also do not think it was ethical for the IVF clinic to implant these embryos. I think birth should be more natural, and not imlanted. To me hat goes against nature. If i was Ms Suleman's mother, i would react harshly to the request. I wouldnt like the idea, and i would try and talk my daughter out of it.
clickkk (:
clickkk (:
I was confused when I read this article. Why on earth if you already have six kids and little money would you want more. I think that the IVF doctor. If a woman has six kids already she can't support why would u give her more.I don't think it was ethical at all something should've went off in the clinics head to prevent this.If I were the mom I would be shocked If I know my daughter can't support herself i would be torn. Part of me would want to help my granchildren but the other part would want to teach her a lesson.
Mother's View
Mother's View
I feel this story is amazing. The survival of a mom after giving birth to so many children at once is not high, yet she lived through the birth and is still here for the kids. But was this right to have 14 kids with no support. I would blame the mother and the doctor. She must have wanted these many children, possibly not knowing the consequences yet the doctor allowed this. This may ont be unethical, just unsafe and sorry to say it- unneccesary. If I could place blame I would blame the doctor. He knows of the patients family issues, kids, and that this is not safe, yet he allowed Ms. Suleman to be injected with 8 embryos.
Octuplets
Octuplets
I think this story is strange and wierd. Why would a woman want more kids when she can hardly support the six she already has? I would place blame both the doctor for injecting so many embryos knowing the result and the mom who wanted so many children when she had no support to give them. I believe that this is not ethical for the IVF clinic to implant the embryos. It is dangerous to the health of the woman and they knew that. If I were the IVF doctor, I would have reacted to the mother's request for so many embryos by refusing to implant them and warn her of the risks.
Click Here
Click Here
I feel that everything in the story if ethicle execpt the par about not being able to support thye children. If you cannot support them and no one will adopt them then dont have them for their sake. I would place the blame on Mrs. suleman. I think ythat it is fine for the clinic to implant them because if she wants them it is her decision. If I were Mrs. Suleman's dad I would be out raged that she did this. Now I would have to help support the children when I am retired and have no source of income.
Woman Having 8 Kids
Woman Having 8 Kids
I think that the whole situation is a mess. Its one thing have the embryos implanted if u are infertile but to be perfectly fine and have 8 of them implanted is crazy. I personally think the blame is on the doctor bacause doctors are supposed to tell people weither things are healty and safe to do and if for any reason they arent healty they have to put some sense into the person that wants to unhealty thing done to them. If i was the IVF doctor i would havetold the person who still wants the surgery or implant or whatever to go somewhere else if you want this done that there is a chance you will die.
14 kids
14 kids
I think this story is ridiculous! I would place the blame on Ms Suleman. She could have put the babies up for adoption because she obviously cant support 14 children. No, it wasn't ethical for the IVF to implant all the embryo. If I was Ms Suleman I would be happy having so many grandchildren but I would be sad because finally she can see her 33 year old daughter move and provide her own family but with all these new kids shes gunna be raising kids the rest of her life.
8 BABIES!
8 BABIES!
I think that the whole sitation is wrong. I think that sometimes people are selfish and only care about what they want and not the well fair of others.If i could place the blame on someone i would place it on the woman and the doctor. I blame the woman because she has no source of income and the doctor for implanting 8 embryos.If I was the IVF doctor i would of done a better job serching for backround information about my pacient. I would of also made sure that I didnt inject her with 8 embryos, which was toatlly unethical and wrong.I think that when people have the ability to porduce life like that, more precauctions should be taken.
Dangers of ingecting embryos
Dangers of ingecting embryos
Having a baby is great news, and Ms. Suleman having eight children at once is incredible. However, Ms. Suleman's situation it not fair to her newborn children, and her other six older. I would place blame on the clinic for implanting so many embryos, although Ms. Suleman could have told them to do so, but they should of told her its going against current medical practice. and told her, sorry we are permitted to do that sort of thing. The IVF clinic should have looked at her medical record and realized she has six other children at home and wants another eight. They would of found out that she is not married and has no mean of income, form those information forms they hand out.
If I was the IVF doctor, I would be mad at Ms. Suleman and my doctors at the clinic. My doctors should not of fulfilled Ms. Suleman's request. My doctors should have went by the book and looked closer to Ms. Suleman's situation and seen that eight more children were not a good idea.
Embryos 'Absurd'
If I was the IVF doctor, I would be mad at Ms. Suleman and my doctors at the clinic. My doctors should not of fulfilled Ms. Suleman's request. My doctors should have went by the book and looked closer to Ms. Suleman's situation and seen that eight more children were not a good idea.
Embryos 'Absurd'
I find this situation very strange. I feel this procedure should not have been performed because of the dangers to the babies and the mother's lack of financial support. I do not understand why a women with six kids and living with her parent swould want more children. I would place the blame on the IVF doctor because even though Ms. Suleman did the wrong thing by requesting the medical help, the doctor did not have to perform the procedure. It was not ethical because the babies had a good chance of not surviving and she can not support 8 children let alone 14. If I was the IVF doctor I would not have performed the procedure.
Ethics
Ethics
This whole situation is just ridiculus; if you have no means of support for your already huge family as a single mother why would you choose to have more children. i think its just irresponsible and stupid on her part. i think the blame should be put on Ms. suleman because it's her fault; yes the IVF shuldn't give her the embryo's but i do not think they have the desicion to choose who they want to give to just by their own opinions. if I was ms. suleman's mother and or father either or it doesn't really mater, i would do something. i would most likely take her children away and send them to a place wehre they can be provided with proper care and support, then try to find help for their daughter. Obviously se has a problem sher does not reaslize that she cant support all these children and how unhealthy it is to have this number of children at once.
her ego is pregoo:)
her ego is pregoo:)
I think that this story is upsetting because in my opinion, Ms. Suleman should not have had these children in the first place. The way they were born was not natural and Ms. Suleman should have known before she became pregnant that she would not be able to supply these kids properly. Finally, and in my opinion most importantly, the clinic where they let Ms. Suleman become pregnant knows that they should not have let her have that many children at one time. They should have known that what they were about to do would be against current medical practice. Because they were going against current medical practice I would put the blame on clinic although I also think that the mother should have known better. It was not ethical for the IVF clinic to implant the eight embryos. If I was Ms. Suleman’s dad I would have been very upset and would try to convince Ms. Suleman to reconsider. Ultimately, I would not force her to not go to the clinic and ask for the procedure because she was an adult, but I would try my best to convince her not to.
Not Such A Wise Choice
Not Such A Wise Choice
I think implanting 8 embryos into a woman at age 33 is crazy. If 6 children weren't enough to raise herself, why would anyone want 8 more chldren with no support? It is not ethnical for the IVF doctor to implant 8 embryos into a 33 year old woman.
I would definately "blame" Ms. Suleman for this implantation. She is not only putting her life in danger but because she is so young, she is also not helping the 8 babies. If she is going to have 8more kids she is expected to support and take care of them. If Ms. Suleman has to raise 14 children with no help, I believe she will not be able to provide them with a good support system.
If I were the IVF doctor and Ms. Suleman asked to have embryos implanted, I would probably refuse. It could harm her and it is not healthy fo 8 to be implanted at one time. Scientists need to research more so it is less harmful to woman like Ms. Suleman.
embryo implantation
I would definately "blame" Ms. Suleman for this implantation. She is not only putting her life in danger but because she is so young, she is also not helping the 8 babies. If she is going to have 8more kids she is expected to support and take care of them. If Ms. Suleman has to raise 14 children with no help, I believe she will not be able to provide them with a good support system.
If I were the IVF doctor and Ms. Suleman asked to have embryos implanted, I would probably refuse. It could harm her and it is not healthy fo 8 to be implanted at one time. Scientists need to research more so it is less harmful to woman like Ms. Suleman.
embryo implantation
I think the story is interesting. Eight babies at once would previously seem impossible, but evidently its not. It does not seem ethical because it is a lot of babies that can not be cared for at once with her finances and support. The blame would have to be put on Ms Suleman herself because she endorsed the decision to do this without thinking of the risks. If I were the IVF doctors, I would be shocked at her request, and I would probably not carry-out the request.
click here
click here
I think that the story is crazy. The woman herself is crazy! There's so many kids and she can't support them. I would place the blame on Ms.Suleman. It's her fault for wanting all the babies. I don't think its ethical for the IVF to plant so many embryos in Ms. Suleman. The implantation of so many embryos is very dangerous for Ms.Suleman. If i was Ms.Suleman's mom finding out my daughter implanted 8 embryo's into herself, i'd flip out. I'd noptify her of all the dangers and i dont think i'd let her do it. She can't even support the family she has now and she's single. Which makes it even worse. I'd also see what herroblem is and why she wants so many children.
encouraging a bad practice
encouraging a bad practice
I think that the story is crazy. The woman herself is crazy! There's so many kids and she can't support them. I would place the blame on Ms.Suleman. It's her fault for wanting all the babies. I don't think its ethical for the IVF to plant so many embryos in Ms. Suleman. The implantation of so many embryos is very dangerous for Ms.Suleman. If i was Ms.Suleman's mom finding out my daughter wanted to implant 8 embryo's into herself, i'd flip out. I'd notify her of all the dangers and i dont think i'd let her do it. She can't even support the family she has now and she's single. Which makes it even worse. I'd also see what her problem is and why she wants so many children.
encouraging a bad practice
encouraging a bad practice
1) I believe that she has way to many kids. I do not think she can support all these kids and that they are most likely not in the best of conditions. I personally think that she is mentally unstable and the children should be taken away from her and put into a better family.
2) I would put the blame on the actual mother and the doctor. The doctor of course can do this, but she didn't have to. If I were the doctor I would have refused to do the procedure. The mother obviously has something wrong with her so she is definitely one of the people that should be blamed.
3) It was unethical, you would think that an educated doctor would know what's best for the children that she was creating.
4) If I were the IVF doctor, I would know about the other children that she has, because I knew this, I wouldn't go through with the procedure. Of course there was money involved, and everyone loves money, but it would be for the better of the 8+ children.
5) IVF Link
2) I would put the blame on the actual mother and the doctor. The doctor of course can do this, but she didn't have to. If I were the doctor I would have refused to do the procedure. The mother obviously has something wrong with her so she is definitely one of the people that should be blamed.
3) It was unethical, you would think that an educated doctor would know what's best for the children that she was creating.
4) If I were the IVF doctor, I would know about the other children that she has, because I knew this, I wouldn't go through with the procedure. Of course there was money involved, and everyone loves money, but it would be for the better of the 8+ children.
5) IVF Link
I think that this stroy is very weird. Why in the world would you want to have 14 kids. That is like a living hell. And why have 14 kids with no husband. It is just insane. I would not want to be that woman's parents. I would blame this all on the mother and the doctors who let it happen. Who likes to have children anyway? Especially 14. And why would the doctors allow this if it says that this is against medical practice. It was not ethical for the doctors to do this as it risked the life of the children and the life of the mother. If I was the IVF doctor I would of handled this situation better. First I would find out info about my patient and sit down and think if what I was going to do would be the right or wrong decision.
Crazy Mom
Crazy Mom
I think that this story is quite shocking. It seems the unthinkable is occuring more and more. I feel that this isnt such a good idea though.Ms. Suleman cant support herself or her family , which will give her children a difficult childhood. I would probably have tp put the blame on her family. Maybe she had an odd childhood or maybe she was an only child and dreamed of having more siblings and friends. It was not ethical for the IVF clinic to implant these 8 embryos. Its tooo dangerous, why would she want to be that risky? If I were her mom I would talk sence into her and encourgage her to stop. It isnt healthy for her and i wouldnt want to see my child suffer.
Click Here
Click Here
I think this story is quite odd.
I mean why would you want to have 14 children? If i were to place any blame it would be on the clinic for allowing Ms.Suleman to go through with this. I see this situation as unethical. To have so many babies and no visible signs of support is not a good thing. If i were Ms.Suleman's dad i would be infuriated at my daughter for going through with this.
http://www.twinsmagazine.com/blog/having-8-babies-unethical
I mean why would you want to have 14 children? If i were to place any blame it would be on the clinic for allowing Ms.Suleman to go through with this. I see this situation as unethical. To have so many babies and no visible signs of support is not a good thing. If i were Ms.Suleman's dad i would be infuriated at my daughter for going through with this.
http://www.twinsmagazine.com/blog/having-8-babies-unethical
I think it was extremely irresponsible of mrs. suleman to to ask for IVF when she was not infertile. It could lead not only to her death but to the death of her babies. She also didn't have any way to support her family of 6 as far as we know, and now there are 14 kids. Her parents can't even help her now. If I were to place blame it would be on the mother and the hospital. I believe it was completely unethical for the hospital to do the IVF. If I was the IVF doctor I would have done more research on the patient before doing the IVF. If I found out what we know about her now I wouldn't do the IVF.
IVF
IVF
1. I think that it's pretty odd that she is so into having babies . Also that they're all from a fertility clinic. She needs help.
2. I wouldn't blame her or anyone else. It's not her fault that she likes having babies.
3. No, it wasn't.
4. If I were Ms. Suleman's mom I would try to stop my daughter from having so many babies and try to get her help.
Click Here
2. I wouldn't blame her or anyone else. It's not her fault that she likes having babies.
3. No, it wasn't.
4. If I were Ms. Suleman's mom I would try to stop my daughter from having so many babies and try to get her help.
Click Here
I think that this story is crazy . I do not understand why she feels the need or want to have so many children when she has no support for them or companion to help raise them . Also , she already has SIX other children . Did she really need EIGHT more ?! I don't think so . I think that it was completely unethical for the ivf to give Ms. Suleman the eight embryos . Not only was it dangerous to her health , but the children are in risk of having horrible lives because they have a mother who is not able to provide for them . The ivf should've done a background check on her before implanting the eight embryos . They should have checked her home , her job , and her other children before giving her such a huge responsibility . If I was the ivf doctor i would feel ashamed . I would regret my doctors giving her the embryos , and i would feel sorry for the woman . She cannot support her now fourteen kids . She still had the kids not knowing how she was gonna take care of them or what she was going to do with them . That is terrible . I think every kid should be able to have their best life possible . Ms. Suleman knew she wasn't going to be able to give these kids a fulfilling life yet she still had the choice to have them . I don't understand her purpose at all .
California Woman Has Eight Babies in Five Minutes !
California Woman Has Eight Babies in Five Minutes !
I feel that this is very iresponsible for the person who had theeight babys. If she all easy has six children she shouldn't be having more. If it was up to me I would make hersurrender ten other 14 kids. And force her to get a means ofsupport. I would blame the ladys mother. The mother should tell her child to nockit off with all of the baby crap. I also strongly disagree with the clinics. Chose to implant all eight embrieos. This increaces the risk to hurt the babys because of premature births and other health issues. As ms sulemens dad I would force her to give up some of the babys andpromise never to have another baby.
too many
too many
I think this story is very strange. i mean it sounded lke she wanted to have the badies.... i have 1 thing to say that makes no sence. woman always complain about child birth and this lady is addicted to it. i would blame the her and the people who put them in her body because if it illigal then both sides should be punished. it is very unethical to have children or a selffish reason if i cant support them. I would take the role of the father and say what is wrong with you and like and just be embarased to be her father.
Click Here
Click Here
I think this story is sort of depressing. I dont understand why a women would want 14 children she cant support. But i do think she does care for them and doesnt want them to die. I would blame the IVF dcotor because Ms. Suleman could have a real pyscological problem and its the doctors job to say no. Especially since it goes against medical practice. If i was the doctor and Ms. Suleman asked me to do this, i wouldnt do it. I would tell her that i dont believe she should have anther 8 babies that she cannot fully support and that it can really harm her in the future.
clickkk mr j!
clickkk mr j!
i first thought this was a cute story when i first heard of it but then with the details that she other 6 children and lives with her parents and has no job, i just thought, why on earth would you get pregnant, on porpuse, if you know you can't support them????!!!?!?!?!?!?. 14 is just too much, she really needs help =/. i think everyone contributes to this problem. The IVF clinic's action were unethical. if i was the parents of this pregnancy obsessed mother, than i would have stopped her after the 4th to 5th child. now i would just try to support her and make sure this doesn't happen again.
you may want to click this if you are interested =]!
Post a Comment
you may want to click this if you are interested =]!
<< Home

