08 March 2009
Opinions Posts + Links P1
Comments:
<< Home
A household item that is made of plastic is a plastic food container. Yes, my item has a recycling # on it. The # is 5, that means its a PP (polypropylene) , Number 5 plastics can be recycled through some curbside programs, and it is recycled into Signal lights, battery cables, brooms, brushes, auto battery cases, ice scrapers, landscape borders, bicycle racks, rakes, bins, pallets, trays. Also # 5 plastic or Polypropylene has a high melting point, and so is often chosen for containers that must accept hot liquid. It is gradually becoming more accepted by recyclers. If this item were not available to me,I could alter my way of living without it by storing food in glass containers. If I wasn't using this container it wouldn't effect my life due to I would find something else to store it in.
One statistics about my item is if I was to throw this item out it would take 1,000 years to decompose.
Yes, I recycle at home and school. I recycle milk containers, soda cans, and paper.
recycle 911
Three interesting new facts that I learned after reading an article/watching a video that was posted to this assignment is In the U.S., 4.39 pounds of trash per day and up to 56 tons of trash per year are created by the average person. Only about one-tenth of all solid garbage in the United States gets recycled. Every year we fill enough garbage trucks to form a line that would stretch from the earth, halfway to the moon.
One statistics about my item is if I was to throw this item out it would take 1,000 years to decompose.
Yes, I recycle at home and school. I recycle milk containers, soda cans, and paper.
recycle 911
Three interesting new facts that I learned after reading an article/watching a video that was posted to this assignment is In the U.S., 4.39 pounds of trash per day and up to 56 tons of trash per year are created by the average person. Only about one-tenth of all solid garbage in the United States gets recycled. Every year we fill enough garbage trucks to form a line that would stretch from the earth, halfway to the moon.
A household item I have made of plastic is a cup. It has the recycling #5 on it which means its pp. It is usually found in straws, yougurt containers, and medicine bottles. It has a high melting so it can be used in the microwave. I could use a glass cup instead. My week wouldn't be that different except I would be afraid I would break the glass.
Americans throw away 2.5 million plastic bottles every hour.
I recycle basic things like bottles,cans and papaer at home and at school I recycle bottles.
Recycle
Three new facts I learned are 1) a chemical found in baby bottles causes genetic damage in mice. 2)The chemical is also linked to developing hyperactivity 3)The chemical is known as bisphenol A or BPA.
Americans throw away 2.5 million plastic bottles every hour.
I recycle basic things like bottles,cans and papaer at home and at school I recycle bottles.
Recycle
Three new facts I learned are 1) a chemical found in baby bottles causes genetic damage in mice. 2)The chemical is also linked to developing hyperactivity 3)The chemical is known as bisphenol A or BPA.
I chose a water bottle. The number is a one which means that it is recyleable. If I didnt have a water bottle I would have to keep glasses of water by my bed and would need to find some other container for bringing water to school and other places. I would probably drink less water in a week without a water bottle.
Americans throw away 2.5 million plastic bottles every hour.
I always recycle at home. At school I don't think they have any recycling bins so I bring home any bottles that I have in school and recycle them. Three things I recycle are bottles, I keep jars to put stuff in them and plastic bags.
Click Here
Facts:
1) Plastic bottles and toys labeled with the numbers 3 or 7 often contain BPA or phthalates.
2) Stay away from vinyl shower curtains and canned foods.
3) Avoid heating plastic in microwaves.
Americans throw away 2.5 million plastic bottles every hour.
I always recycle at home. At school I don't think they have any recycling bins so I bring home any bottles that I have in school and recycle them. Three things I recycle are bottles, I keep jars to put stuff in them and plastic bags.
Click Here
Facts:
1) Plastic bottles and toys labeled with the numbers 3 or 7 often contain BPA or phthalates.
2) Stay away from vinyl shower curtains and canned foods.
3) Avoid heating plastic in microwaves.
My household item is a soap dispenser. My kitchen soap dispenser has a recycling number 2 HDPE. If I could not use the soap dispenser and the liquid soap is holds, I would use bar soap. I reuse my soap dispensers and just refill them, but the liquid soap also comes in a plastic container.
As of 1992, 14 billion pounds of trash were dumped into ocean annually around the world.
I recycle at home and at school. I recycle water/soda bottles, paper/newspapers, and boxes.
Fresh Air
1) New York City alone throws out enough garbage each day to fill the Empire State Building.
2) Every year, nearly 900,000,000 trees are cut down to provide raw materials for American paper and pulp mills
3) Sixty percent of the world's lead supply comes from recycled batteries.
As of 1992, 14 billion pounds of trash were dumped into ocean annually around the world.
I recycle at home and at school. I recycle water/soda bottles, paper/newspapers, and boxes.
Fresh Air
1) New York City alone throws out enough garbage each day to fill the Empire State Building.
2) Every year, nearly 900,000,000 trees are cut down to provide raw materials for American paper and pulp mills
3) Sixty percent of the world's lead supply comes from recycled batteries.
My household ithem that is made of plastic in my house was my Aveeno moisturizing lotion. It is number 2HDPE. HDPE is a versatile plastic with many uses, especially for packaging. It carries low risk of leaching and is readily recyclable into many goods.I could live without it, but it makes my skin so soft. My week would be alot dryer.
One statistic about my item is that it can be recycled into Laundry detergent bottles, oil bottles, pens, recycling containers, floor tile, drainage pipe, lumber, benches, doghouses, picnic tables,and fencing.
I recycle alot at home and when I am out at the mall or out in general. I always save my water bottles if im out and a recycling bin isnt near, then I just recycle it at home. I aslo reuse my water bottles. I always recycle my soda bottles or cans. My mom and I always bring them to the distributer. I also recycle my soup cans that I use.
ALWAYS RECYCLE!
Three interesting facts I learned about after reading some of the articles and videos that were posted was that it takes over 1,000years for plastic to be recycled. Also the plastic used in baby bottles and many other food and beverage containers cause genetic problems. And also you should never microwave plastic, it'll melt.
One statistic about my item is that it can be recycled into Laundry detergent bottles, oil bottles, pens, recycling containers, floor tile, drainage pipe, lumber, benches, doghouses, picnic tables,and fencing.
I recycle alot at home and when I am out at the mall or out in general. I always save my water bottles if im out and a recycling bin isnt near, then I just recycle it at home. I aslo reuse my water bottles. I always recycle my soda bottles or cans. My mom and I always bring them to the distributer. I also recycle my soup cans that I use.
ALWAYS RECYCLE!
Three interesting facts I learned about after reading some of the articles and videos that were posted was that it takes over 1,000years for plastic to be recycled. Also the plastic used in baby bottles and many other food and beverage containers cause genetic problems. And also you should never microwave plastic, it'll melt.
Oops, lol.
1) I chose a large water bottle and it had a number 1 on the bottom. The 1 is for Polyethylene Terephthalate. If I didn't have water bottles, I'd have to drink out of the water fountain during lunch everyday when I got thirsty. I think I'll take my chances with the water bottle.
2) The water bottle I use would take about 1,000 years do biodegrade.
3) I only recycle at home, not at school. At my house I recycle water bottles, cans, and newspapers.
4) Waste Management
5) I learned that if an average American used a pitcher for water and stopped using water bottles they'd save over 3200 water bottles. The world uses 500,000,000,000-1,000,000,000,000 plastic bags a year which are not biodegradable. Also, only 33% of recycled items can actually be used.
1) I chose a large water bottle and it had a number 1 on the bottom. The 1 is for Polyethylene Terephthalate. If I didn't have water bottles, I'd have to drink out of the water fountain during lunch everyday when I got thirsty. I think I'll take my chances with the water bottle.
2) The water bottle I use would take about 1,000 years do biodegrade.
3) I only recycle at home, not at school. At my house I recycle water bottles, cans, and newspapers.
4) Waste Management
5) I learned that if an average American used a pitcher for water and stopped using water bottles they'd save over 3200 water bottles. The world uses 500,000,000,000-1,000,000,000,000 plastic bags a year which are not biodegradable. Also, only 33% of recycled items can actually be used.
My household item is a bottle of frizz control gel. The number on it is 1 meaning it can be picked up by most curbside recycling programs. It also mean that it is made of polyethylene terephthalate. I this item was not made available to me it would not affect my week because it is item that is necessary. If i did not have this my hair would just be a little different.
One statistic about my item is that American throw away 2.5 million plastic bottles every hour.
I recycle at home. I recycle can, water bottles and milk jugs.
Reasons to Recycle
One thing I learned is it takes 1,000 years for a water bottle to decompose. I learned plastic bags aren't able to be recycled in every community. It is better to use plastic bags because they use less energy than paper.
One statistic about my item is that American throw away 2.5 million plastic bottles every hour.
I recycle at home. I recycle can, water bottles and milk jugs.
Reasons to Recycle
One thing I learned is it takes 1,000 years for a water bottle to decompose. I learned plastic bags aren't able to be recycled in every community. It is better to use plastic bags because they use less energy than paper.
I have a soda/water bottle with a number 1 on it. This means that it is made from polyethylene terephthalate. If i did not have a plastic soda bottle then our soda would be in bottles made of metal or another material. This would make our bottles large cumbersome and they may let gases escape from the soda. 1.5 million tons of plastic are used to make bottles each year. Yes we do recycle at home. Three things we recycle at home are paper producte metal products and plastic products.
recycle
Three things that I learned is that not rinsing your dishes before you put them in the dishwasher but using cascade can save water. Using a Pur water pitcher can help save water bottles and buying the Coolpix camera can help donate money twords elimination co2 emmicions.
recycle
Three things that I learned is that not rinsing your dishes before you put them in the dishwasher but using cascade can save water. Using a Pur water pitcher can help save water bottles and buying the Coolpix camera can help donate money twords elimination co2 emmicions.
My household item is a white-out bottle. The # on the bottom is 7 meaning other or miscellaneous. Istead of white out I would just rewrite things and my week would not change in any way without this item.
The amount of glass bottles Americans throw away every two weeks would have filled both World Trade Center towers.
I only recycle at home, usually not at school. I recycle newspapers, soda bottles and any bottle that is recycable.
Recycle
3 things I learned were that the U.S. produced 28 million tons of plastic waste in 2005--27 million tons of which ended up in landfills, sixty percent of the world's lead supply comes from recycled batteries and plastic bottles and toys labeled with the numbers 3 or 7 often contain BPA or phthalates.
The amount of glass bottles Americans throw away every two weeks would have filled both World Trade Center towers.
I only recycle at home, usually not at school. I recycle newspapers, soda bottles and any bottle that is recycable.
Recycle
3 things I learned were that the U.S. produced 28 million tons of plastic waste in 2005--27 million tons of which ended up in landfills, sixty percent of the world's lead supply comes from recycled batteries and plastic bottles and toys labeled with the numbers 3 or 7 often contain BPA or phthalates.
Something made of plastic are the plastic utensils I use sometimes. Without them I would be ok because i could just use metal ones.
Americans toss out enough paper & plastic cups, forks and spoons every year to circle the equator 300 times.
I recycle a lot, I recycle water and glass bottles, my mom and i reuse plastic bags at the grocery stores, I also bring old cans to the distributer.
Reduce, Reuse, RECYCLE!!
-Only about one-tenth of all solid garbage in the United States gets recycled
-It takes 1000 years for a plastic bottle to be recycled.
-Sometimes the plastic used in baby bottles and other food or beverage containers can cause genetic problems
Americans toss out enough paper & plastic cups, forks and spoons every year to circle the equator 300 times.
I recycle a lot, I recycle water and glass bottles, my mom and i reuse plastic bags at the grocery stores, I also bring old cans to the distributer.
Reduce, Reuse, RECYCLE!!
-Only about one-tenth of all solid garbage in the United States gets recycled
-It takes 1000 years for a plastic bottle to be recycled.
-Sometimes the plastic used in baby bottles and other food or beverage containers can cause genetic problems
I chose a plastic hanger and my item has no recycling # on it. I would have a very hard time not having hangers in my house. I would have to fold and stack all of my clothes. It would be much harder to find the clothes that i want to wear. My room would also be so much messier than it already is because when looking for my clothes i would wind up unfolding everything.
PS: Since my mother would kill me if i took my clothes of the hangers im only doing it with my sweatshirts and zip ups.
In the U.S. 4.39 pounds of trash per day and up to 56 tons of trash per year are created by the average person.
I recycle all the time. In school i wait to throw out my water bottle till 8th period because that is one of my only classes with a recycle bin. I also reuse water bottles sometimes. I refill my hairspray bottles which are made of plastic.
http://www.obviously.com/recycle/
In 2005 the US produced 28 million tons of plastic waste.
Plastic is 12% of our trash. Avoid plastic number 3 or 7 because it has BPA in it.
PS: Since my mother would kill me if i took my clothes of the hangers im only doing it with my sweatshirts and zip ups.
In the U.S. 4.39 pounds of trash per day and up to 56 tons of trash per year are created by the average person.
I recycle all the time. In school i wait to throw out my water bottle till 8th period because that is one of my only classes with a recycle bin. I also reuse water bottles sometimes. I refill my hairspray bottles which are made of plastic.
http://www.obviously.com/recycle/
In 2005 the US produced 28 million tons of plastic waste.
Plastic is 12% of our trash. Avoid plastic number 3 or 7 because it has BPA in it.
The house hold item I chose was a bottle of straighting serum. My items recycling number was number 1this means that when recycled it turns into: Polar fleece, fiber, tote bags, furniture, carpet, paneling and straps.This number is most common for single bottle beverages or containers to store liquids.If i did not have this product then my hair would most-likely be frizzy and who really wants that? NOT ME lol : ). But if i really had no choice and could not use it i would scrunch my hair rather then straighten it. My week would differ by not taking me as long to do my hair, but no look as good.
My item would effect the enviornment (if not recycled) would end up in a land fill that is already closing at the rate of 1per day.
Yes, I recycle at home and at school. When ever I have an empty bottle I go to Leadfoots(ms.rearadon)'s room
and put the bottle in her recycle bin. I also recycle my papers in whatever class has one. As far as reusing goes, my family has just recently bought a pitcher. This we wash and reuse all the time and fill it with diffrent beverages so be use less bottles !
A RECYCLING REVOLUTION !
Three facts I have learned is that the first plastic was created by Alexander Parkes in 1855,that one water bottle takes about 1,000 years to decompose and that only approximately only 33% of items are actually reused after the recycling process.
My item would effect the enviornment (if not recycled) would end up in a land fill that is already closing at the rate of 1per day.
Yes, I recycle at home and at school. When ever I have an empty bottle I go to Leadfoots(ms.rearadon)'s room
and put the bottle in her recycle bin. I also recycle my papers in whatever class has one. As far as reusing goes, my family has just recently bought a pitcher. This we wash and reuse all the time and fill it with diffrent beverages so be use less bottles !
A RECYCLING REVOLUTION !
Three facts I have learned is that the first plastic was created by Alexander Parkes in 1855,that one water bottle takes about 1,000 years to decompose and that only approximately only 33% of items are actually reused after the recycling process.
I use a water bottle at home , and the bottle had a one at the bottom . That one stands for Polyethylene Terephthalate . This water bottle can be turned into furniture , a fabric , or some sort of bag . Without the water bottle , I would have to drink out of a glass . It would take longer but would save the environment , and my week would not really change by making the switch . I might be thirstier in school though , but I could get a re - usable bottle to bring everyday .
In 2005 , 246 million tons of trash was created .
I recycle at home and sometimes at school . I recycle paper , cans . bottles , and glass .
Recycling Stats !
Three facts I learned were that baby bottles cause damage in mice , every year 900 , 000 , 000 trees ar ecut down , and it takes 1 , 000 years for one plastic bottle to be recycled .
In 2005 , 246 million tons of trash was created .
I recycle at home and sometimes at school . I recycle paper , cans . bottles , and glass .
Recycling Stats !
Three facts I learned were that baby bottles cause damage in mice , every year 900 , 000 , 000 trees ar ecut down , and it takes 1 , 000 years for one plastic bottle to be recycled .
A household item that is made of plastic is a plastic cereal container. My item has a number five on it. This means its a PP (polypropylene). These types of plastics get recycled into things like broom, brushes, and battery cables. Also # 5 plastic or Polypropylene can hold hot liquids, so recyclers are begining to be chosen for things that require hot temperatures. They can also be put into microwaves because they can accept the hot conditions. Many roadside programs will pick up number five plastics. If this item were not available to me, i could alter my way of living by storing my food in a container made out of a differnt type of material such as paper, or glass. My week wouldn't exactly differ, due to the fact that i could use a different type of container. If this wasn't possible, my week would differ because i would not be able to store food, and have left overs.
One statistic about my item is recycling one ton of plastic saves 7.4 cubic yards of landfill space.
Yes i recycle at home and at school, i recycle things like paper, newspapers, plastic bottles, and soda cans.
Helping the environment
Three things ive learned are overall data from 2005 concluded that recycling trends were positively increased from 2003. I also learned that recycling and composting rates recovered 32.1 percent of MSW or 79 million tons. Finally, approximately 8,550 curbside recycling programs existed throughout the United States.
One statistic about my item is recycling one ton of plastic saves 7.4 cubic yards of landfill space.
Yes i recycle at home and at school, i recycle things like paper, newspapers, plastic bottles, and soda cans.
Helping the environment
Three things ive learned are overall data from 2005 concluded that recycling trends were positively increased from 2003. I also learned that recycling and composting rates recovered 32.1 percent of MSW or 79 million tons. Finally, approximately 8,550 curbside recycling programs existed throughout the United States.
I chose a water bottle as my plastic item. My item didn't have a number on it, in fact, I couldn't find any plastic items in my house with the recycle number, however I do know what the number is used for. 8 out of 10 water bottles end up in land fills, so, 60,000,000 bottles are used by americans each day, times 365 days, plus other countries, equals: AFG0021kdid█ █ █ █ ﮮ ﻼ۞۩?
yeah... basically large numbers. Now if you multiply that by 1000 it can spell out large problems for the world.
I recycle cans, bottles, and plastic tupperware frequently at home and at school if I can find a recycling bin.
Eco Friendly
Some things I learned from this blog are that in 2005 america only recycled about 3.5% of its plastic, some plastic can cause genetic problems in small animals, and that many arguments involving the environment today include a mention of plastic in some way, shape, or form.
yeah... basically large numbers. Now if you multiply that by 1000 it can spell out large problems for the world.
I recycle cans, bottles, and plastic tupperware frequently at home and at school if I can find a recycling bin.
Eco Friendly
Some things I learned from this blog are that in 2005 america only recycled about 3.5% of its plastic, some plastic can cause genetic problems in small animals, and that many arguments involving the environment today include a mention of plastic in some way, shape, or form.
The house hold item that i used that is plastic is a gallon of milk containor. It has the recycle #2. It contains the plastic HDPE or high density polythylene. The #2 plastic is recyclable. The weekly garbage can pick it up on the curbside. I think it would be hard to adapt without using this item because I love milk. I could always use a glass jug to hold the milk instead of plastic.
A staistic is that just NYC alone throws away enough garbage each day to fill the empire state building.
I recycle at home and i would if i needed to at school. Three things I recycle are glass,and paper objects. I also reuse water bottles after finishing them.
recycling
Three interesting facts are last year america threw out over 38 billion water bottles,baby bottles may contain harmful plastics, and 12% of our garbage is plastic.
A staistic is that just NYC alone throws away enough garbage each day to fill the empire state building.
I recycle at home and i would if i needed to at school. Three things I recycle are glass,and paper objects. I also reuse water bottles after finishing them.
recycling
Three interesting facts are last year america threw out over 38 billion water bottles,baby bottles may contain harmful plastics, and 12% of our garbage is plastic.
1. My household item is the water bottle. The #1 is on the bottom of the bottle. This 1 is for Polyethylene Terephthalate (PETE). If I did not have water bottles, I would buy a drink in an aluminum can. My week would be almost unaffected because aluminum cans are just as common as plastic bottles.
2. The only difference is that I am not drinking water but a sugary drink.
3. A water bottle takes approx. 1'000 years to biodegrade.
4. I recycle water bottles, aluminum cans, and paper. Click Here
5. I learned that plastic bags are better than paper bags,Only two manmade structures on Earth are large enough to be seen from outer space: the Great Wall of China and the Fresh Kills landfill, and Americans throw away enough aluminum cans to rebuild our commercial air fleet every three months.
2. The only difference is that I am not drinking water but a sugary drink.
3. A water bottle takes approx. 1'000 years to biodegrade.
4. I recycle water bottles, aluminum cans, and paper. Click Here
5. I learned that plastic bags are better than paper bags,Only two manmade structures on Earth are large enough to be seen from outer space: the Great Wall of China and the Fresh Kills landfill, and Americans throw away enough aluminum cans to rebuild our commercial air fleet every three months.
1. My item is a water bottle. It does have a recycling symbol on it. It is a number #1. This #1 stands for the PETE, which means Polyethylene Terephthalate. If I did not have this item I could find ways of drinking from fountains. My week would differ because I would not have the luxury of indulging in my water experiences of drinking from a bottle.
2. What is different is that I am more thirsty and thus unhappy with such an obstacle.
3. On average, one person uses 166 disposable plastic water bottles per year.
4. Yes, I do recycle at home. I recycle seltzer cans, bottles, and water bottles. They are all stored up in a bin and brought to the correct place to be dealt with.
recycle
5. I have learned that every single year, there are enough garbage trucks to extend from the earth to halfway of the moon. A chemical found in bottles also causes genetic damage in mice. Finally I leanred that it takes 1,000 years for a water bottle to decompose in the earth.
2. What is different is that I am more thirsty and thus unhappy with such an obstacle.
3. On average, one person uses 166 disposable plastic water bottles per year.
4. Yes, I do recycle at home. I recycle seltzer cans, bottles, and water bottles. They are all stored up in a bin and brought to the correct place to be dealt with.
recycle
5. I have learned that every single year, there are enough garbage trucks to extend from the earth to halfway of the moon. A chemical found in bottles also causes genetic damage in mice. Finally I leanred that it takes 1,000 years for a water bottle to decompose in the earth.
My household item is tupperwear. It has a recycling symbol with the number five, but no number. Because it is plastic it is polypropylene. It can be recycled into everyday objects, like the plastic on brooms and burshes, cases, lighting,trays, and more. If i didnt have plastic containers, this would be a problem because there is always leftovers at my house. Without tupperwear, it would be harder to conserve food. I could make smaller meals, so there wont be any leftovers.
It would be 1,000 years to decompose.
I do recycle everywhere. I recycle plastics, papers, and cans. I always recycle water bottles, tomatoe cans, and glass bottles.
RECYCLE
It would be 1,000 years to decompose.
I do recycle everywhere. I recycle plastics, papers, and cans. I always recycle water bottles, tomatoe cans, and glass bottles.
RECYCLE
A household item made of plastic around me is a bottle of lotion and the number on it is #1. The one means it is PETE. If this item wasn’t around me for a week I would be able to live because it is just a bottle of lotion except my skin would be drier.
I couldn’t find anything specific on a bottle of lotion but I found out almost 1/3 of the waste generated the U.S. is packaging.
I do recycle at my house and most of the time at school, unless I cannot find a recycling bin. I do recycle the newspaper, water bottles, and soda cans.
why we should
Fact 1: A chemical used in baby bottles, is now discovered as a cause of genetic damage for mice.
Fact 2: Plastic makes up nearly 12% of our trash.
Fact 3: Plastic bags need sunlight to decompose.
I couldn’t find anything specific on a bottle of lotion but I found out almost 1/3 of the waste generated the U.S. is packaging.
I do recycle at my house and most of the time at school, unless I cannot find a recycling bin. I do recycle the newspaper, water bottles, and soda cans.
why we should
Fact 1: A chemical used in baby bottles, is now discovered as a cause of genetic damage for mice.
Fact 2: Plastic makes up nearly 12% of our trash.
Fact 3: Plastic bags need sunlight to decompose.
The plastic item that I picked was a timer. It does not have a number on it. If I could not use this I would have to pay more attention to the clock or my watch. Instead of being able to leave something and forget about it until the timer goes off, I will have to remember to check every so often.
As of 1992, 14 billion pounds of trash were dumped into ocean annually around the world.
I recycle paper at school. I recycle milk containers. I also recycle by using boxes more than once.
1) Plastic makes up twelve percent of our trash.
2) 92% of Americans age six or older test positive for BPA.
3) Plastics labeled three, six , or seven may have BPA.
As of 1992, 14 billion pounds of trash were dumped into ocean annually around the world.
I recycle paper at school. I recycle milk containers. I also recycle by using boxes more than once.
1) Plastic makes up twelve percent of our trash.
2) 92% of Americans age six or older test positive for BPA.
3) Plastics labeled three, six , or seven may have BPA.
Yes, the number is a 2, and it means it has many packaging uses. The risk of leaching is low and can be recycled into many goods. If i couldn’t use this item for 7 days, then i think I’d be fine. It’s just a bottle that’s holding aspirin in it. The HDPE bottle recycling increased in 2005 to 928 million pounds. At home i recycle bottles of all sorts and my dog’s food cans along with regular food cans. At school i recycle old useless papers.
recycllllllle !
Three things i learned are that chemicals in plastic can leak out into what’s inside of them, in 2005 the US had 28 million tons of plastic waste, and you need petroleum to make plastic.
recycllllllle !
Three things i learned are that chemicals in plastic can leak out into what’s inside of them, in 2005 the US had 28 million tons of plastic waste, and you need petroleum to make plastic.
a house hold item made out of plastic that is a cup. My item does hav a recycling number on it, number 6. Found in: Disposable plates and cups, meat trays, egg cartons, carry-out containers, aspirin bottles, compact disc cases. Number 6 plastics can be recycled through some curbside programs. Recycled into: Insulation, light switch plates, egg cartons, vents, rulers, foam packing, carry-out containers.I could drink from a glass cup. My life would not really offer. statistic- Americans throw away 2.5 million plastic bottles every hour.
yes i recycle at home and school, i always reuse my water bottles, i try to use both sides of the paper and i reuse plastic bags at the grocery store.
pro environment
1)The first plastic was created by Alexander Parkes in 1855.
2)approximately only 33% of items are actually reused after the recycling process
3)continuous heating or drinking from plastics can be dangerous to our health
yes i recycle at home and school, i always reuse my water bottles, i try to use both sides of the paper and i reuse plastic bags at the grocery store.
pro environment
1)The first plastic was created by Alexander Parkes in 1855.
2)approximately only 33% of items are actually reused after the recycling process
3)continuous heating or drinking from plastics can be dangerous to our health
my household item is a hand lotion bottle. this bottle does have the reclycing symbol on it. The number is 1, PETE or PET (Polyenylene terephlhalate). number 1 plastics are picked up by most curbside programs. if this item was not availiable to me, than i would just dont end up using it, or try to keep my hands moist more often. my hands would actually need the hand lotion because they get dry really easily, and its weird, im Weird =].
FINE!!
Producing recycled white paper creates 74% less air pollutants, 35% less water pollutants, and 75% less process energy than producing paper from virgin fibers.
I recycle at home and school. our house use to buy a bunch of water bottles, and we would always recycle them by giving them to my aunt who the recycling people actually came to her house. we recently decided that all that plastic was still going to have an effect so we bought a water filter that is on our kitchen sink. at school i usualy wait from throwing out my papers and hold them until i find a recycling bin.
Recycle, or else...;]
-#3,6, and 7 are dangerous numbers for food storage.
-that the numbers in plastic actually have some meaning, pardon my ignorance =]
-Canada is the first country to ban babby bottles that contain BPA.
FINE!!
Producing recycled white paper creates 74% less air pollutants, 35% less water pollutants, and 75% less process energy than producing paper from virgin fibers.
I recycle at home and school. our house use to buy a bunch of water bottles, and we would always recycle them by giving them to my aunt who the recycling people actually came to her house. we recently decided that all that plastic was still going to have an effect so we bought a water filter that is on our kitchen sink. at school i usualy wait from throwing out my papers and hold them until i find a recycling bin.
Recycle, or else...;]
-#3,6, and 7 are dangerous numbers for food storage.
-that the numbers in plastic actually have some meaning, pardon my ignorance =]
-Canada is the first country to ban babby bottles that contain BPA.
1. the item i choose is a water bottle. it does not have a number on the bottom of it. if i didnt have this item i would be very inconvenienced and more or less always thirsty.
3. 2.5 million water bottles are thrown away eac hour by americans.
4.i recycle at home. we recycle watter bottle which we reuse, cans and soda cans.
Recycle
we use 1 trilion plastic bags a year. plastic bags are not recycle able avery were.plastic baggs come from patrolium.
3. 2.5 million water bottles are thrown away eac hour by americans.
4.i recycle at home. we recycle watter bottle which we reuse, cans and soda cans.
Recycle
we use 1 trilion plastic bags a year. plastic bags are not recycle able avery were.plastic baggs come from patrolium.
A household item that is made of plastic is a water bottle which has a number 1 on it. In order to reduce the usage of water bottles I can use glass, or a reuseable mug. This could become inconvenient over time.
In the United States we throw away 2.5 million bottles every hour.
At home I recycle cans, bottles, and paper. I could make a better effort to recycle more
Click Here
I learned that one third of garbage is packaging. Americans receive almost 4 million tons of junk mail every year. Most of it winds up in landfills. The average American uses 650 pounds of paper a year.
Post a Comment
In the United States we throw away 2.5 million bottles every hour.
At home I recycle cans, bottles, and paper. I could make a better effort to recycle more
Click Here
I learned that one third of garbage is packaging. Americans receive almost 4 million tons of junk mail every year. Most of it winds up in landfills. The average American uses 650 pounds of paper a year.
<< Home

