01 March 2009
Postings and Links Period Eight
Comments:
<< Home
1. My yearly carbon footprint is 16 tons which is 11.5 tons worse than the national average but 11 tons better than the national average.
2. When I first read the about this, I thought that it sounded like a pretty good idea because I didn’t see what could go wrong with it. But after unsuccessfully looking for sites that said good things about ocean fertilization, I found this site which tells about all kinds of nasty side effects that can be produced from the phytoplankton such as ozone depletion and a change in the make- up of the atmosphere. Now, I have changed my mind and I think that instead of messing with nature we should just try to reduce or reverse our carbon footprints.
3. I can use fluorescent light bulbs instead of regular ones to reduce my carbon footprint.
2. When I first read the about this, I thought that it sounded like a pretty good idea because I didn’t see what could go wrong with it. But after unsuccessfully looking for sites that said good things about ocean fertilization, I found this site which tells about all kinds of nasty side effects that can be produced from the phytoplankton such as ozone depletion and a change in the make- up of the atmosphere. Now, I have changed my mind and I think that instead of messing with nature we should just try to reduce or reverse our carbon footprints.
3. I can use fluorescent light bulbs instead of regular ones to reduce my carbon footprint.
My carbon footprint is 11 tons, which is below the national average
Ocean fertlization is the process of adding iron or other nutrients to the ocean to cause large algal bloom. At first it seemed like a good idea when i read it. However, as I read more, i learned about the negative side effects, such as depletion of the ozone layer; and the changing of the atmosphere. Instead, I think we should focus on alternate fuel and other clean souces of energy. This will yield a more permanent solution
LINK
One thing i can do is to use less hot water
Ocean fertlization is the process of adding iron or other nutrients to the ocean to cause large algal bloom. At first it seemed like a good idea when i read it. However, as I read more, i learned about the negative side effects, such as depletion of the ozone layer; and the changing of the atmosphere. Instead, I think we should focus on alternate fuel and other clean souces of energy. This will yield a more permanent solution
LINK
One thing i can do is to use less hot water
1. My carbon footprint is 17tons per year. I use less than the national average.
2. My oppinion of the ocean fertilization is that it is a bad thing, because the thought of capturing all of the nasty toxic things floating in the air, then eventually settling at the bottom of the ocean just didn't seem to be as convincing. I do not agree with it because the growing algae absorb carbon dioxide as they grow. This link shows the cons about ocean fertilization.
3. One thing i can do to reduce the amount of CO2 i produce is, turn my computer to sleep mode, and use energy saving sites when online. (Blackle)
2. My oppinion of the ocean fertilization is that it is a bad thing, because the thought of capturing all of the nasty toxic things floating in the air, then eventually settling at the bottom of the ocean just didn't seem to be as convincing. I do not agree with it because the growing algae absorb carbon dioxide as they grow. This link shows the cons about ocean fertilization.
3. One thing i can do to reduce the amount of CO2 i produce is, turn my computer to sleep mode, and use energy saving sites when online. (Blackle)
1. My carbon footprint for a year is 15 tons. This is 12 tons less than the average American person. But it's 9.5 tons greater than the people in the world.
2. I think that ocean fertilization is a risk that we SHOULD take. We don't have many options left and we should try whatever we can before it's too late. Even if the effects may be temporary, we need to do whatever we can. Obviously, the majority of the people have yet to change their ways to energy saving and environment friendly. This would at least keep the world in better shape. The only way to know for sure is to try.
Ocean Fertilization??
3. One thing that I could do to reduce my carbon footprint is to unplug electronics from the wall when I'm not using them.
2. I think that ocean fertilization is a risk that we SHOULD take. We don't have many options left and we should try whatever we can before it's too late. Even if the effects may be temporary, we need to do whatever we can. Obviously, the majority of the people have yet to change their ways to energy saving and environment friendly. This would at least keep the world in better shape. The only way to know for sure is to try.
Ocean Fertilization??
3. One thing that I could do to reduce my carbon footprint is to unplug electronics from the wall when I'm not using them.
1. My carbon footprint is 20 tons of carbon dioxide per year. My carbon footprint is 7 below the average of the United States, but 14.5 above the national average.
2. I agree with the use of Ocean Fertilization. I think in the long run it will help our world. Even though it seems risky and complicated, I think it is necessary that we do things like this. Click Here
3. One fact that I learned from that website is that you should support your local farm markets.
2. I agree with the use of Ocean Fertilization. I think in the long run it will help our world. Even though it seems risky and complicated, I think it is necessary that we do things like this. Click Here
3. One fact that I learned from that website is that you should support your local farm markets.
1. My carbon footprint is 13 tons which is 7.5 tons worse than the world average and 14 tons better than the American average.
2. I definately approve of the ocean fertilization because it sounds like a good way to help the atmosphere. It is expensive but that is the price we have to pay to fix the enviornment. Click Here
3. In order to decrease my carbon, I can let more natural light into my house in the daytime rather than using eletrical lights.
2. I definately approve of the ocean fertilization because it sounds like a good way to help the atmosphere. It is expensive but that is the price we have to pay to fix the enviornment. Click Here
3. In order to decrease my carbon, I can let more natural light into my house in the daytime rather than using eletrical lights.
1. After completing the test, I found that my carbon footprint was 9 tons. This was 18 tons below U.S. National Average, but 3.5 tons above the world average. Although my number is close to satisfactory, I still don't feel quite content with this score. I am only one person in the world... if there were about two-thousand Lindsey's in our school, RCK alone would use 18,000 tons a year. I'm sure there are at least two thousand people in America with the exact same score as I have... and many of these people, although they could quite possibly be eco-friendly, probably drive, especially if they live in the suburbs. Since the calculator did not take bus rides and/or riding in a car in account, my carbon footprint is probably quite a bit higher since I ride the bus to school everyday and ride in the car to get to wherever I need to go. It also did not take recycling school paper or using reusable items (canvas bags, reusable water bottles) into consideration either, which could change my carbon footprint pretty drastically. While I don't think that this is a perfectly accurate calculator by any means, it still shows us how much of an impact we have on our environment, and how easily we can make simple and green changes to our lives. If we eat less meat, insulate our houses more efficiently, recycle, and take shorter showers, we can make such a HUGE difference in our ecosystem. SO GO GREEN!!! It takes minimal effort and helps the world SO SO much.
2. I agree that we should do more research about ocean fertilization before we begin the process. Since this is such a large-scale experiment, we need to be extra careful about what we do. I remember doing a science fair project which involved learning about phytoplankton and ocean fertilization a few years ago. Back then, I thought that it was the perfect solution to global warming. Now that I glance back at the situation, I think that my opinion might have differed if I read about it more. I think that when we look for perfect solutions or "miracle" answers, we often times lose sight of the cons of the situation that often counteract the pros.
This type of study shows how much research needs to be done for ocean fertilization to redeem itself.
3. I can buy recycled paper products, such as recycled bead bracelets from the school Earth Club, to reduce my carbon footprint.
2. I agree that we should do more research about ocean fertilization before we begin the process. Since this is such a large-scale experiment, we need to be extra careful about what we do. I remember doing a science fair project which involved learning about phytoplankton and ocean fertilization a few years ago. Back then, I thought that it was the perfect solution to global warming. Now that I glance back at the situation, I think that my opinion might have differed if I read about it more. I think that when we look for perfect solutions or "miracle" answers, we often times lose sight of the cons of the situation that often counteract the pros.
This type of study shows how much research needs to be done for ocean fertilization to redeem itself.
3. I can buy recycled paper products, such as recycled bead bracelets from the school Earth Club, to reduce my carbon footprint.
1. MY carbon footprint is 12 tons of carbon dioxide per year, which is 15 tons below the national average, and 6.5 tons more than the international average. And I agree with Lindsey's little speech above. ♥
2. I think it's a good idea, as long as it is performed correctly. There could be some side effects, though, as shown in this website . A lot more research and trials must be performed before it can be used.
3. I can use natural, biodegradable products on my body, so when they are washed down the drain to wherever they go, they won't hurt mother nature.
2. I think it's a good idea, as long as it is performed correctly. There could be some side effects, though, as shown in this website . A lot more research and trials must be performed before it can be used.
3. I can use natural, biodegradable products on my body, so when they are washed down the drain to wherever they go, they won't hurt mother nature.
1) My carbon footprint is 16 tons of carbon dioxcide, which is 11.5 tons worse than the international average, but 11 tons better than the national average.
2) After reading articles on ocean fertilization, i am for it :) yes, i read about all of the crazy icky side effects, but, everything in some way is going to come with negative effects. Honestly, were getting no where with changing our enviorments to become enviormentally friendly. So, if this is a first step towards that, i'm for it. its not like anyone else is doing anything ...
Click Here
3) One thing i can do to reduce my carbon footprint is, clean or replace the filters in my furnace and air conditioner
2) After reading articles on ocean fertilization, i am for it :) yes, i read about all of the crazy icky side effects, but, everything in some way is going to come with negative effects. Honestly, were getting no where with changing our enviorments to become enviormentally friendly. So, if this is a first step towards that, i'm for it. its not like anyone else is doing anything ...
Click Here
3) One thing i can do to reduce my carbon footprint is, clean or replace the filters in my furnace and air conditioner
my carbon footprint is 50 tons. the world average is 5.5 and the u.s is 27. the ocean fertilization seems like a good thing and is a good thing. but when i found out that it is millions-billions of dollars. that is too much money.Click Here
i would Clean or replace filters on your furnace and air conditioner
i would Clean or replace filters on your furnace and air conditioner
1.My calculated carbon footprint is 19 tons/year. While this is under the United States average of 27 (by only 8tons/year), it is much higher than the international average of 5.5.
2.Ok Mr. Johnson, you asked me to be brutally honest and there’s no reason to lie. Ocean fertilization seems like a ridiculous concept to me, which I would never, EVER support. My first reaction to this was toward the words Iron Sulfate. A quick Wikipedia Google yielded the following: “Ferric sulfate is produced on a large scale by reacting sulfuric acid with a hot solution of ferrous sulfate, using an oxidizing agent (such as nitric acid or hydrogen peroxide)” I also read about its usefulness in metal processing and manufacturing. However, perhaps my judgment has been clouded. I am fully aware of the importance of iron in one’s diet, yet I still do not believe that this is the right course of action for ending global warming. Certainly, there are better methods of becoming environmentally friendly using 100,000,000,000 dollars! - (see link for figure) - than dumping 100s of tons of chemicals in to our oceans and influencing a population to the point where we drastically change the Earth’s atmospheric composition. This is not a last resort in a final effort to end global warming, this is a potential catastrophe. Even if it would be scientifically sound, the repercussions of a single mistake (chemical transportation, manufacturing, concentration while releasing into the ocean) are scary to imagine. I also cannot understand why while environmentalists who stress the importance of saving species in order to keep stability, from an ecological standpoint, would even consider such a drastic alteration in a species population – and from my research, many don’t!)
Over Nine Thousand!! Dollars (100 billion)
3.One thing that I can do to lower the amount of C02 produced by my activities each year is purchasing carbon offsets to make me “carbon neutral” with no net carbon production by funding ecologically friendly projects.
2.Ok Mr. Johnson, you asked me to be brutally honest and there’s no reason to lie. Ocean fertilization seems like a ridiculous concept to me, which I would never, EVER support. My first reaction to this was toward the words Iron Sulfate. A quick Wikipedia Google yielded the following: “Ferric sulfate is produced on a large scale by reacting sulfuric acid with a hot solution of ferrous sulfate, using an oxidizing agent (such as nitric acid or hydrogen peroxide)” I also read about its usefulness in metal processing and manufacturing. However, perhaps my judgment has been clouded. I am fully aware of the importance of iron in one’s diet, yet I still do not believe that this is the right course of action for ending global warming. Certainly, there are better methods of becoming environmentally friendly using 100,000,000,000 dollars! - (see link for figure) - than dumping 100s of tons of chemicals in to our oceans and influencing a population to the point where we drastically change the Earth’s atmospheric composition. This is not a last resort in a final effort to end global warming, this is a potential catastrophe. Even if it would be scientifically sound, the repercussions of a single mistake (chemical transportation, manufacturing, concentration while releasing into the ocean) are scary to imagine. I also cannot understand why while environmentalists who stress the importance of saving species in order to keep stability, from an ecological standpoint, would even consider such a drastic alteration in a species population – and from my research, many don’t!)
Over Nine Thousand!! Dollars (100 billion)
3.One thing that I can do to lower the amount of C02 produced by my activities each year is purchasing carbon offsets to make me “carbon neutral” with no net carbon production by funding ecologically friendly projects.
My carbon footprint is 40 tons. The United States average is 11 tons. I am 29 tons over the average americans output of carbon into the atmosphere.
I think that ocean fertilization is a good or bad thing. I think that it is a good thing because it have a lot of effect on society with ther normal food production in agriculture. I think that it is a bad thing because it can make food very cheap, but have an overproduction of food.
Buy organic foods as much as possible. Organic soils capture and store carbon dioxide at much higher levels than soils from conventional farms. If we grew all of our corn and soybeans organically, we’d remove 580 billion pounds of carbon dioxide from the atmosphere!
Click Here
I think that ocean fertilization is a good or bad thing. I think that it is a good thing because it have a lot of effect on society with ther normal food production in agriculture. I think that it is a bad thing because it can make food very cheap, but have an overproduction of food.
Buy organic foods as much as possible. Organic soils capture and store carbon dioxide at much higher levels than soils from conventional farms. If we grew all of our corn and soybeans organically, we’d remove 580 billion pounds of carbon dioxide from the atmosphere!
Click Here
1. My carbon footprint is 7.8. It is 70% below the average of a person in the United States. I recycle more, and have a better behavior for Driving and flying. I do eat meat every day though, which is almost 50% of my total carbon footprint, as well as home and energy. I have a higher carbon footprint than the average per person in the world.
2. I think that ocean fertilization is great, just as long as it does not harm anything in the process. I think it is good for the efficiency.
ocean fertilization
3.I can carpool to get to dance so that less gas and vehicles are used.
2. I think that ocean fertilization is great, just as long as it does not harm anything in the process. I think it is good for the efficiency.
ocean fertilization
3.I can carpool to get to dance so that less gas and vehicles are used.
My carbon footprint is 21 tons of CO2 eq/year. This is 15.5 more tons of CO2 than the worldy average and six more tons of CO2 than the United States average. I honestly feel bad about this, but will try to do something about it.
Personally, I believe in the use of ocean fertilization. Although seemingly expensive, this means of reducing carbon emmissions seems effective. However, I feel that it will take a long time for this process to become a reality because of its cost and chance of success. Here is a Website!
One thing I can do to lower my personal carbon emmission is fly less. Instead I can just vacation locally, which would also support my local economy.
Personally, I believe in the use of ocean fertilization. Although seemingly expensive, this means of reducing carbon emmissions seems effective. However, I feel that it will take a long time for this process to become a reality because of its cost and chance of success. Here is a Website!
One thing I can do to lower my personal carbon emmission is fly less. Instead I can just vacation locally, which would also support my local economy.
1. My carbon footprint is 7.8. The average for people of the world is 5.5 so I am a little over average. However, the average for someone living in the US is 27, so compared to others in the US, my impact is way less.
2. I think we should research a bit more on the procedure of ocean fertilization. Eventually, I think that we should try it. It sounds like it can really help out environment. I think the risks are worth it. As for the money problem, I believe that shouldn’t matter. We should do whatever we can to save our planet. That should come before material things.
Ocean fertilization? Good or Bad?
3. I can support local farmers markets to help reduce the amount of CO2 I produce a year.
2. I think we should research a bit more on the procedure of ocean fertilization. Eventually, I think that we should try it. It sounds like it can really help out environment. I think the risks are worth it. As for the money problem, I believe that shouldn’t matter. We should do whatever we can to save our planet. That should come before material things.
Ocean fertilization? Good or Bad?
3. I can support local farmers markets to help reduce the amount of CO2 I produce a year.
1. My carbon footprint is 5.3. This is 0.2 less than the world average and 21.7 less than the national average. This is probably higher though because it does not take into account what I go to school in.
2. I do not agree with ocean fertilization. It is simply taking the problem and hiding it away. We do not know if it will harm the oceans and it costs alot of money.
Click Here
3. One thing I can do is avoid heavily packaged products.
2. I do not agree with ocean fertilization. It is simply taking the problem and hiding it away. We do not know if it will harm the oceans and it costs alot of money.
Click Here
3. One thing I can do is avoid heavily packaged products.
1. My carbon footprint is 13 tons. That is 7.5 tons worse then the world average. Also it is 14 tons better than the United States average.
2. I think ocean fertilization is a good idea. But I also think that they should do some more tests with it before they put it into effect. I think that if ocean fertilization is going to help with global warming than it is a good thing.
Click Here
3. One thing I can do to lower the amount of CO2 I produce is unplug my cell phone charger when I am not using it.
2. I think ocean fertilization is a good idea. But I also think that they should do some more tests with it before they put it into effect. I think that if ocean fertilization is going to help with global warming than it is a good thing.
Click Here
3. One thing I can do to lower the amount of CO2 I produce is unplug my cell phone charger when I am not using it.
1) My carbon footprint is 13 tons. That is 14 tons lower than the national average and 7.5 tons worse than the world average per person.
2) When I first heard about ocean fertilization, I thought it sounded a little weird, but it might work. However, the more I read about it, the more ridiculous it sounds to me. By reading the other posts on the blog, it appears it is not just me. They want to spend millions of dollars to dump chemicals into the oceans to stimulate the growth of algae that will absorb carbon dioxide and then sink to the bottom of the ocean when they die. Tests have shown that it does not even work the way scientists hoped. The more algae there are, the less effective it is. It sounds like they are just trying to find an easy way out, rather than actually doing somthing to lower our carbon emissions.
To Click Or Not To Click, That Is Not The Matter At Hand
3)I can prevent the amount of CO2 I produce each year by only running my dishwasher when it is completly full.
2) When I first heard about ocean fertilization, I thought it sounded a little weird, but it might work. However, the more I read about it, the more ridiculous it sounds to me. By reading the other posts on the blog, it appears it is not just me. They want to spend millions of dollars to dump chemicals into the oceans to stimulate the growth of algae that will absorb carbon dioxide and then sink to the bottom of the ocean when they die. Tests have shown that it does not even work the way scientists hoped. The more algae there are, the less effective it is. It sounds like they are just trying to find an easy way out, rather than actually doing somthing to lower our carbon emissions.
To Click Or Not To Click, That Is Not The Matter At Hand
3)I can prevent the amount of CO2 I produce each year by only running my dishwasher when it is completly full.
1. My carbon footprint is 7.6. This is 19.3 tons less than an average American, but it is 2.1 tons larger than the world's average per person. These comparisons really show how much Americans waste. It’s hard to believe that overall, a person has a 5.5 carbon footprint. My carbon footprint is a 7.6, and I don’t even know how to drive yet! Once I add those cars and miles it, it’ll really add a chunk to my carbon footprint.
2. At first glance, ocean fertilization sounds like a swell plan. I think that ocean fertilization needs to be trialed more and be well researched. I don’t think that people should try to stop current experiments like here . If we don’t try, then we will never know. I don’t believe that the earth will “magically” heal itself, but if we blindly start the project, we could create more damage in the long run.
3. To be carbon neutral, I’ll stop using my dryer, and instead hang clothes on a clothes line.
2. At first glance, ocean fertilization sounds like a swell plan. I think that ocean fertilization needs to be trialed more and be well researched. I don’t think that people should try to stop current experiments like here . If we don’t try, then we will never know. I don’t believe that the earth will “magically” heal itself, but if we blindly start the project, we could create more damage in the long run.
3. To be carbon neutral, I’ll stop using my dryer, and instead hang clothes on a clothes line.
!. 13 tons I pollute twice as much as the worldly average but half as much as the us average. I still think this is a bad number personally I care about our planet and I want to keep it clean. Even though I don’t do much I always eat organic food at home, I hang my cloths, I reuse everything can, I personally use rags not paper towels at home and I try to use reusable water bottles instead of plastic bottles.
2.I think it is a great idea and I great step toward saving our planet but the consequences are to large. If you “dump” pollutants into the ocean won’t they just destroy the oceans? Are we willing to destroy more then the 230,000 recorded species that live in the ocean to save our selves from a destruction that we created. This is completely a moral decision are we as a world willing to pay millions to destroy our oceans? I say no. find a new rout but keep exploring new options such as this one, just make sure the environmental consequences don’t out way the possible success.
SUPPORTT
3.I can eat less meat , cows produce methane which is bad for our environment.
2.I think it is a great idea and I great step toward saving our planet but the consequences are to large. If you “dump” pollutants into the ocean won’t they just destroy the oceans? Are we willing to destroy more then the 230,000 recorded species that live in the ocean to save our selves from a destruction that we created. This is completely a moral decision are we as a world willing to pay millions to destroy our oceans? I say no. find a new rout but keep exploring new options such as this one, just make sure the environmental consequences don’t out way the possible success.
SUPPORTT
3.I can eat less meat , cows produce methane which is bad for our environment.
1. My carbon footprint is 13 tons which is 7.5 tons greater than the world average, but is 14 tons less than the american average.
2. I don't think this is a good idea. The risk-reward factor is not worth it. A lot of money could be wasted if this doesn't work and if it does we aren't sure what the effects will beof the dead plankten. Ocean Fertilization
3. I can move my thermostat down 2degrees in the winter and up 2 degrees in the summer.
2. I don't think this is a good idea. The risk-reward factor is not worth it. A lot of money could be wasted if this doesn't work and if it does we aren't sure what the effects will beof the dead plankten. Ocean Fertilization
3. I can move my thermostat down 2degrees in the winter and up 2 degrees in the summer.
1.My yearly carbon footprint is 18 tons. This is below the national average but above the worldy average.
2.Ocena fertilization sounded like a great idea when I first superficially researched it. However as I looked t vaious sites that had more and more information on this process, including the disadvantages and bad side effects. A disadvantage of this process is that it only decreases the carbon dioxide in the atmosphere if the carbon that is in the algae sinks to deeper waters.
3. One thing I can do to reduce my carbon foot print is check my parents’ car tires weekly to make sure they’re properly inflated (reduce gas mileage)
ocean fertilization
2.Ocena fertilization sounded like a great idea when I first superficially researched it. However as I looked t vaious sites that had more and more information on this process, including the disadvantages and bad side effects. A disadvantage of this process is that it only decreases the carbon dioxide in the atmosphere if the carbon that is in the algae sinks to deeper waters.
3. One thing I can do to reduce my carbon foot print is check my parents’ car tires weekly to make sure they’re properly inflated (reduce gas mileage)
ocean fertilization
1. My carbon footprint is 34 tons of CO2 per year. The United States average emission by a person is 27 tons. That means I emission seven more tons a year than the average person in the U.S.
2. I definately agree with the idea of ocean fertilization. It could be an expensive process, but it does not cause any harm to our society.
Click Here
3. One thing I can do to decrease the amount of carbon dioxide is turn of the lights whenever I leave a room.
2. I definately agree with the idea of ocean fertilization. It could be an expensive process, but it does not cause any harm to our society.
Click Here
3. One thing I can do to decrease the amount of carbon dioxide is turn of the lights whenever I leave a room.
1.My carbon footprint is 9.6 tons of carbon dioxide. This is below the U.S. national average and above the world average per person.
2.Ocean Fertilization seems like a good thing to help global warming. BUT iron is put into the ocean and that may be hurting the ocean. Hurting one thing to save another is not a good solution. The fish may be hurt and covering up the problem will not solve it. I do not really think that this is a good idea.--> cLiCk hErE!!<--
3. Frozen foods uses ten times more energy to produce....To help, I don't have to buy as many frozon foods as usual.
2.Ocean Fertilization seems like a good thing to help global warming. BUT iron is put into the ocean and that may be hurting the ocean. Hurting one thing to save another is not a good solution. The fish may be hurt and covering up the problem will not solve it. I do not really think that this is a good idea.--> cLiCk hErE!!<--
3. Frozen foods uses ten times more energy to produce....To help, I don't have to buy as many frozon foods as usual.
My carbon footprint is 26. It is 1 less than the national average and also significantly more than the world average.
From my research and judging from other classmates' comments, ocean fertilization seems like a bad idea. The site I found even doubts it'll work at all. They also noted that our knowledge of oceans are too small to really predict any benefits from this experiment. I also feel that putting all this Co2 into the ocean will have another effect in the future.
Click Here
One thing I can do is avoid heavily packaged products. This can save 1200 lbs of carbon dioxide.
From my research and judging from other classmates' comments, ocean fertilization seems like a bad idea. The site I found even doubts it'll work at all. They also noted that our knowledge of oceans are too small to really predict any benefits from this experiment. I also feel that putting all this Co2 into the ocean will have another effect in the future.
Click Here
One thing I can do is avoid heavily packaged products. This can save 1200 lbs of carbon dioxide.
My carbon footprint is twelve tons. Compared to the people in the world, my carbon footprint is above the average. Compared to the average American, my carbon footprint is lower.
I disagree with ocean fertilization. By increasing the spawning of the phytoplankton, there would be a change in the quantity of sea life. In the food chain, the phytoplankton is fed on by krill, which are consumed by other organisms. If the amount of phytoplankton increases, so would the amount of krill and other aquatic organisms that thrive in the oceans.
Click Here
One thing I could do to reduce my carbon footprint is to buy recycled paper products.
I disagree with ocean fertilization. By increasing the spawning of the phytoplankton, there would be a change in the quantity of sea life. In the food chain, the phytoplankton is fed on by krill, which are consumed by other organisms. If the amount of phytoplankton increases, so would the amount of krill and other aquatic organisms that thrive in the oceans.
Click Here
One thing I could do to reduce my carbon footprint is to buy recycled paper products.
1. My carbon footprint is 21 tons, this is 6 less than the U.S. average, but about 15 higher than the people in the world.
2. I do not agree with the project, but I do not disagree with the project entirely. The economy is just down as it is, so the project should be postponed for later investigation, when the debts stabilize.
Ocean Fertilization
3.From the site I learned that if I clean air conditioner filters I can save 350 pounds.
2. I do not agree with the project, but I do not disagree with the project entirely. The economy is just down as it is, so the project should be postponed for later investigation, when the debts stabilize.
Ocean Fertilization
3.From the site I learned that if I clean air conditioner filters I can save 350 pounds.
1.My carbon footprint is 11tons. That is below the US and National Average.
2.I think ocean fertilization is a good idea in theory, but it can very harmful to organisms and plants in the bottom of the ocean.
3.Click Here
4. I can travel by automobiles andother appliances less and start walking.
2.I think ocean fertilization is a good idea in theory, but it can very harmful to organisms and plants in the bottom of the ocean.
3.Click Here
4. I can travel by automobiles andother appliances less and start walking.
my carbon footprint is above avaerage and it could go down. my early carbon foorprint is 45 tons and the average is 27. the ocean fertilization is a good idea like many people have put forth but it win't really work without government help and surpport. what we can do is help localy and see if anything good comes out of it this site
I can use fluorescent light bulbs instead of regular ones to reduce my carbon footprint
Post a Comment
I can use fluorescent light bulbs instead of regular ones to reduce my carbon footprint
<< Home

