29 March 2009

 
Postings and Links Period One
Comments:
1) No I would not chose the traits of my child, I believe that it is unethical. Variation makes us unique.

2) I do not think that customizing babies is an ethical practice

Designer Babies

3) A few good traits would be making the baby smart, athletic and kind. It would be bad to make the baby good at everything though, if you could do that it would ruin all games and competitions of skill.

4) Yes, I do believe that it will ruin sports and competitions. It will change the future of these things because by then, everyone will be good at everything and be "perfect."

5) I do not think that this should be legal just because it will ruin fun, entertainment, and even war. Everyone will be impossible to be beat in everything.
 
No, I wouldn't chose traits of my child. Due to I think chosing traits of a baby is totally unethical.

I don't think this is a ethical practice. Ethical vs. Unethical

Three good traits that are ethical are eraseing hereditary diseases, awesome hair, and healthy. Three traits that are totally unethical are being more athletic, smart, and good body traits.

Yes, I do believe that this will ruin the future of competition in sports, education, and employment due to every body would be perfect. There wouldn't a chance of human error because the parents decided to get perfect babies.
 
I beat you Ankit.
 
gee dee cee three ...

can't imagine how you beat A1 this week....

:)
 
Im pretty sure I would never consider choosing any of these traits for my child. But if you think about it, being able to know that your kid wouldnt have cancer, or diabetes and being able to stop it. I think that would be cool.

I DO NOT think that customizing babies is an ethical practice either.
CUSTOMIZE IT!

Some good traits I would choose for the baby would be smart, respectful and caring and also athletic. Making the baby good at everything would ruin its chances for learning to make mistakes, not getting the full aspect of life.

It would definetly ruin sports, competition, anything.. you name it. Having someone good at everything would be unfair to everyone else. They would never know the meaning to life.
 
No!!! I find this to be unethical. Children should be the way that they are because of thier parents genes. This could also lead to discrimination against the kid that is customized if people knew that they were. I don't think something like this would end well.
No I don't.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2009/03/02/2009-03-02_custommade_babies_delivered_fertility_cl.html
I just think this is all unethical and I don't even want to consider it lol.
Yeah, this would change it all. It wouldn't be fair or fun if everyone were just great at everything. People should just be made how they are supposed to be.
 
I do not like the idea of creating your ideal baby and I would not pick the traits of my baby. There is no surprise, because you have created them they you want them to be, and to me that is boring.

Design-a-baby?

Three traits that are good are removing any bad disease that my be inherited. Making the baby would be the most important thing to me. Choosing sex, eye and hair color are not as important. Making the baby very intelligent or well at sports would not be ethical because you should work for those aspects and not handed to you.

I believe that having the power to choose your ideal baby will change things in future. All parents want the best for child and will make them best by any means, even by creating them in a laboratory. Making a child born with a gift is fine, but purposely giving them that gift and them not having to work is not how things should be. People need to slow down and think about what they are doing before the go and do it.
 
No, I would not choose the traits of my child. I wouldn't because I think it is unethical because you should like your child the way it is. A child shouldn't be a custom made purchase.
I do not think it is ethical to choose the traits of a child. I think it is only ethical to use if you are at a high risk of giving your child a genatic disease.
Unethical
The traits that would be good choices are being healthy,smart, and respectful. Ones that would be unethical are hair color and eye color because that shouldn't matter in a person. I.Q. and athletism are unethical because they should have to work for those things and they would have an unfair advantage against people.
This will change the future of sports because it would lead to even more drug use because people would have to do even more to compete who are genetically made to be athletic. It will also change education because the "designed" babies will not really have to learn how to to work for something. Employment will affect the many people who are designed perfectly and they will have a hard time finding a job.
 
I don;t like this idea of making a perfect baby, unless you have genetic problems. But still I would love the baby, it is mine!
This is not ethical...Click Here
It would be good to make the baby smart, responsible and kind.
Three bads traits are athletics, looks, and attitude.
This new technology will change the future with choildren and eventually adults. The perfect babies will be athletic, smart and then you have the kids that are made and loved no matter what. The real baby should not have to work harder agianst a perfect baby.
 
I would not change the traits od my child because i belive god has givin everyone a certian baby for a reason and it is very unethical.

I do not think that customizing babies to make them the way you want is ehtical.

Negatives

Three traits I think would be good to choose would be the kinds that make the baby healthy, kind and smart.

Three traits I think would be bad to choose would be attuide, athletic and creativness.

Yes, I do think this will change the compition because children that are born with perfect iq's will be more likily to be hired for jobs. Children that were born perfect will also be more athletic making them more likely to be drafter or 'picked'. And children born perfect will also be more likey to make more money and produce kids just like themselves.
 
1) I would not choose the traits of my child. If I did it almost be like playing god which would be very weird.

2)I think it's unethical and people will start being made as spare parts or for specific purposes.Almost like in the book My Sister's Keeper

Spare Parts

3) I think a few good traits would be like no cancer or good blood clotting. A few unethical traits would be IQ or being athletic because that be really unfair to people who worked just as hard but couldn't afford to be a designer baby.

4) I think it definatly will the rich will be able to "buy" perfect smart kids that will have an advantage in getting a job or on a team because other people weren't born with it.
 
No I would not choose these traits for my children. I think that it is unethicle to do this. I do not think that it is an ethicle practice because it is going against nature. To do this wouls take away who we are and replace it with what our parents want us to be.

TIME.com

Three good traits that i would choose would be eye color, hair color and no heritary diseases. Three bad traits are athletic ability, IQ and skin color. Yes this will change them if it is allowed. All of the best players in sports of endurence, coordination and wit will be of genitic engeenering. This will completly undermine hard work and perseverence.Also companies will only want to hire people who are engeneered to be smarter than the rest so there may be no spot lett in the world for normal people.
 
1. I would not choose the traits of my baby. I think it is good that we are surprised to see our babies and what the look like. If the child is not what the parents chose, will it be loved less?

2. I do not think it is an ethical thing to do.

3. The good traits would be build, how smart they are, and their overall personality. I think these traits are also unethical because it is what the parents choose and not what they get.

4. I think this will change sports because people will make their child perfect in a sport and people who don't will not have a chance for their child to be in a sport bacause others will be perfect in the sport.
 
No! I used to think if you can alter traits having to do with diseases that would be fine because it will help the baby. However, if everyone does it, there will not be any genetic alterations between people. However, picking out eye color and such is completly NOT ethical. Most people cannot afford this procedure and those who do I personally think there is more important things they should be doing with their money. Donate to a food bank or something.
 
No , I would not choose the traits of my child . It is unethical . A baby is not a pre - ordered product , and should not be treated like one .

Make Your Baby ; An Unethical Practice .

Godd traits to give a child would be to be kind , out - going , and loving . Bad traits would be mking the baby too smart , too athletic , or too muhc life knowledge . I do believe that customizing children would ruin sports , education , and competition . It is not fair for ome child to be perfect and good at everything , because winners are born of natural talent , not what is made in them and how they were produced . They should have to work for things , winning shouldn't be a guarantee or handed to anyone . I think it absolutely should be illegal to customize your baby . A child is not something to mess with , it is a human . Also , the baby will have no real substance or meaning and it could be harmed in the long run of life .
 
I would not chose the the traits of my child. I would rather be suprised on what my baby looks like, than design it exactly. Designing and picking out the traits would not make the child as special I think. It is better for a baby to have natural traits that may or may not resemble you.

I think it not an ethnical practice, and science should leave babies alone.

Debate on customizing babies or not

Three good traits to choose would be a nice personality, have then "disease" free, and be healthy and with good judgement.

Some unethnical traits would be their looks, such as hair color, eye color, or height. I think it is important to just love the baby no matter what. A baby is supposed to be God's gift, and we shouldn't abuse or take advantage of that.

I think customizing babies would definatly change sports, education, and employment. In a way it will be unfair because allthe customized babies did not earn their sucess, their parents designed it. I really hope that customizing babies does not get to out of hand.
 
I would not want to choose the traits of my child because why make yourself a “perfect child”? It’s better to have a baby that’s a complete surprise rather then to have a baby you planned perfectly.
I don’t believe this is ethical because every baby has their traits for a reason, picking and choosing them is ruining your baby.
not ethical
Three traits that are good to choose are no hereditary diseases, have a nice loving personality, and have good judgment.
Three bad traits would be their IQ, their ability at sports, and how the baby looks.
I do believe that customizing children would ruin sports, education, and competition. I think that the richer people will “make” a better baby which means they would unfairly win any competition against a normally made baby. Also, in a way they would be getting the success unfairly.
 
1)i dont think i would choose the traits of my child, its like taking the uniqueness(thats not a word lol butt) out of the child and conforming the child. The only way i would is if i knew my child had some disease and i could get rid of it, i wouldnt change teh hair/eye color or any ability i would just get rid of the disease

2) i deffinelty do not think this is ethical from what i said above.
pregnancy through the computer


3)if anything herediatary disease removal would be good, healthy children would be good, and maybe i guess kinder children or respectufl if they could do that. Bad traits would be intellegence, athletisism, and looks. If you are given everything in life what is there to work for. I just think it would be so ridiculus.

4)yes it will. It will be unfair. If you are genetically altered to be perfect at something then why even bother playing, no one will be amazed or proud of you because they already knew you could do it. Oyu will never accomplish anyhting in your life because you were already born accomplished.
 
1)No, i would not choose the traits of my child. Honestly, ive never heard anything like this before, and i think it's very weird. Its unethical, and i think individuality, and the random characteristics of a person is what makes them special.

2)Customizing babies is unethical in my opinion.

Dont design your own baby !

3) Three traits that would be good to choose are healthy traits, getting rid of cells that carry diseases, and any other health traits. Three traits that would be unethical to choose would be their intelligence level, athleic level, and their attitude on life. These things are what make you, you. Banies are not pre- ordered objects, and there should be some type of surprise, and variation between them.

4) There is no doubt that this will change the future of competition in sports, education, and employment. This is because any parent will make there customized baby super smart and talented. This means that no one will have to work to gain skill they will just be born with it. Competition for jobs, and it sports will no longet exist. It will also make it harder for "normal babies" to get equal opportunities as these super babies.
 
I would not choose the traits of my child i believe it is unethical and only nature should control how those things turn out.

I do not think customizing babies is an ethical practice.

I think caring, respectful, and healthy would be good traits for a child to have. I also think that being smart, athletic and skin color would be unethical.

Yes, i think it will change the future in sports, education and employment because it would erase competition making life dull and boring. It would also make it harder to stand out because everyone would be the same as everyone else so you would have no individuality. So in short it would take away everyones freedom to be themselves.
 
I dont think I would ever chose the traits of my child. I dont think its right. A parent should love its child no matter what.
It is not ethical at all. Frankenbaby!

Some good traits are health, no diseases and i cant think of any other good ones but some bad are athletic ability, sex and smartness.

It will change the future in sports because everything will be set to higher standards. The people who aren't special may start steroids to keep up with the others. Everything will be extremely unfair.
 
I would not choose the traits of my child. I think that it is wrong because it is not natural. Also, by deciding what traits my child will have, I will be killing off other human embryos that will not grow into human beings. Finally, choosing traits of a child will make him or her more of an item and less of an actual human. I do not think that this is an ethical practice because of it not being natural. I think some certain traits to give a baby that would be good would be immunity to many deadly diseases, intellegence, and good fitness. Although I don't think choosing traits for your child is ethical in the first place, I think it would be even worse to choose sex, skin color, or eye color. This would change sports, education and employment. For one thing, many people would choose children with high athletecism. This would ruin all of the fun in competition, making the richer people having more athletic children. I also think that making designer babies may reinforce racism, by trying to create a superior or perfect race.

Designer Babies Are Wrong
 
i would not chose my childs traits. it is unethical.

This is not an ethical practice Click Here

3 traits that would be a good choise would be no hereditary diseases unethical traits are traits such as smart and athletic thos should be certin peoples gifts and/or something they should work for.

his would ruin sports because it would be like making everyone able to play at the same level. its good to let everyone have a chance to play but if everyone is perect it goes nowere and its ruined.
 
1. no i would not because i dont want my child to be of a arian race so to speak then he she will think they are better then everyone else.
2.i think the only ethical thing would be changing cancer causing genes. Order Up

3. Good:
hair color
eye color
Gender
Bad:
brain copacity
strength
height

4. i think this will because it will be easyer to obtain strenght for sports. it will be easyer to learn new and more things for educational compitisions. and i think it is down right wrong.
 
I wouldn't change up babies. I feel thatit is unethcal unless is specifically to ensue that the child will be able to live.
Babies
intelligence, coordination, and memory would be beneficial traits to modify. making potentially harmful modifications, engineering babies to fit a role, and engineering babies left and right would be bad uses of this technology.
This will definetly change many things. The gap between classes wouldbe widened first of all because rich people would make babies that will become rich. everyone would be perfect at sports, eliminating any real competetion. Also, everyone who has the oney would be a genius which would be unfair to people without that kind of money.
 
1. no, i wouldn't choose the traits of my baby, because i think you are ment to love your child the way it is.
2. i think this is unethical. Click Here
3. risk of cancer, attitude traits, and risk of mental disorders. unethical one would be, athletic, high IQ, and appearance.
4. yes, because people who cant afford this option, have to work hard to accomplish what a franken baby is born to do. In athletics, competitions would be unfair. jobs, more intellectual from the franken baby. education, no fair grades, others might feel bad because of ''low scores'' compared to the franken baby's score/

=]
 
1) I would choose traits if my child was going to have or was going to carry a harmful disease. I would not choose traits that have to do with my child's eye color for example.

2)I think it is more unethical because many people wont use this for the better of all of mankind. They just want there kid to be the best on the football team.

3)I think good traits are itelligence, compassion, and respect. Bad traits to change are stupid things like hair color, eye color, and height.

4)This could potentially make the work place and athletics harder to compete in. If someone is perfect there would almost be no competition because that person easily would get the job. No matter what or how hard u tryed u would lose agaist someone that was "perfect."
 
Click Here
 
I would not choose the traits of my child. The child should have to work hard to be sucessful, not be born sucessful.
I do not think that customizing babies is ethical.
Click Here
Three good traits would be its health, being smart and being polite.
Three bad traits would be athletics, personality and appearance.
Yes this would ruin sports. If you designed your child to be good at sports, then everyone would be doing sports. People should work hard to be in professional sports because it is not easy to get into.Sports would not be the same anymore.
 
I would not choose the traits for my child because I think it is unethical. The differences we have is what makes us special.

I dont think its an ethical practice.
Click Here


Three good traits would be compassionate, healthy, and smart. I think three bad traits that are unethical are eyes,nose, and mouth. Those three are the main things that set us apart from other people.


Yes this would effect those things because the people who were born the more natural and ethical way would have a struggle of suceeding when they are going up against "perfect" people. Employers would choose the best of the best, and when you perfect, I guess that person would be chosen. The idea of hard work, practice, and skill would be lost.
 
buenos dias !
:)
hj
 
I don’t think I’d ever chose the traits if my child. I would want it to be a surprise to see what it’s going to look like.

I do not think that this practice is ethical. If everyone could just pick and choose what their baby looks like, they wouldn’t unique. not goood.

Three traits that would be good to choose are the health, the IQ, and making it athletic. Choosing the baby’s eye color or hair color wouldn’t be ethical because this wouldn’t make the baby one of a kind.

Yes, this could change the competition in sports, education, and employment. If a person were born with the specific ability of being very athletic, they would have an advantage over everyone else. This advantage wouldn’t be fait though. If a person was born smart, this could make them have an unfair advantage in employment as well.
 
1. No I would not choose the traits of my child. Everybody has a different personality. Essentially, by choosing the traits of my unborn baby, I would be taking from it what makes it him/her. I'm sure that I wouldn't want my parents to have chosen my traits, where is it up to them? Or anyone for this matter.
2. Absolutely not. It is not ethical because difference is important. If everyone was the same or perfect on the earth, really, there would be no perfect baby.
3. I don't think that any traits would be considered "good to choose", even intelligence. It is robotic almost, in my opinion. I would think that the best traits to have would be disease resistant, healthy body, and maybe a long life- but even this is pushing it. Anything beyond this is unethical.
4. Yes, It would change drastically in my opinion. You must work to have these kind of things. In my opinion the one who is born of natural talent is not as impressive as the one who worked to get there.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?