22 March 2009
Xtra Credit Postings for all Periods
Comments:
<< Home
I think that we need to wake up and realize if we do not do anything to our water supply now, it won't last forever. We need to start conserving. However, i also think it is essential to work towards alternate energy sources. Water is free and a perfect example of how we can do so. People just have to be more informed about enviornmental issues. Like it or not, they affect all of us.
I agree with most of the other bloggers. We need to really think what will happen to our water supply and work hard to preserve it. Looking for other sources besides fossil fuels and water. The larger the world population is, the more fuel and resources we use up. We need to find better energy sources and try to help people all around the world. We have the technology and ability to look for new energy sources, so lets start and work harder. People need to start working together to help the planet for the future.
i agree wih most of the bloggers on one thing, we should be more careful with how we use the water that we still have but you must think, they are developing cars that run completly on hydrogen, which emit water. if we ever run out, it doesnt seem hard to create more, it would be like killing two birds with one stone in a way.
I think we need to start conserving and finding new sources of water because it won't last forever. We can't keep poluting water or none of the water will be pure. We need to find alternate sources of water purification as well as new sources of water.
Water won't be in scarcity for a while. In time, perhaps it will, but as time goes on so does innovations. Maybe we will have an alternate source of water like other planets if research is put towards that. Comparing it to the oil scenario is good, one but we only use oil for one thing so it isn't widely used in variation. Water on the other hand is used in many things. If we left a storage of water it would do wonders for the future. Even naturally there is a balance of water through evaporation and precipitation, as long as we live harmonally with this things should be ok.
I think that we need to something to help save our water supply. We do not want the water to end up like the oil. I think we need to think of new ways to produce energy to run our vehicles.
i too agree with most of the bloggers, i feel that we should start to conserve our water and find alternatives for water. If we continue on the path we are taking we wil not only pollute our water but also run out.
I very much believe water is the new oil. As oil seems to be a neccesity to people this day and age, so is water. People can only go seven days without water and if that isn't a necessity then what is. The problem is water is becoming more scarce by the day. Part of the problem is global warming and how it is affecting our clean water supply. Water is deffinately the new oil because of how oil began to become scarce, so is water.
I definitely think that people sometines need to be reminded of the obvious like Susan Keane said, and many people are not aware of this water shortage. We need to make cheap innovations so that even people in poverty can have clean water in the years to come. We need to spend a little money now to get a lot of help and profit in the long run.
Since water is at such a high demand, because well, we all need it to survive .. it most certainly is the new oil. The people who have control over "water" in the most vague sense to say it, will control, everything in a way. we all need it to survive, we can't change that. So, we should really get on fixing this. Everyone in the world, just looks at things like this, and global wamring, and does nothing .. yet its going to effect there kids kids ..
anyways, we need to find alternate ways to get water, and and alternate/faster/easier way to purify water.
anyways, we need to find alternate ways to get water, and and alternate/faster/easier way to purify water.
Like most of the bloggers, i too agree. We need to work hard to preserve our water or it could all soon disappear. We also have to work hard to not pollute our water. I think if we worked hard enough to clean up our world, that water could be the new oil.
Like everyone else, I do agree with their thoughts. Our water supply is running out whether we like it or not. We need to find other ways to find energy sources because every day, we use more and more resources. I also believe water is the new oil because oil is running out little by little and is a need to most people. Water is like oil because water is such a need for people and is running out (again, like oil).
Water is definetely the new oil. Water is essential to the survival of the human race, and all other life on earth. Because of this, the one with the water is the one with the power. Conservation must be integrated into the everyday lives of everyone. Global warming and other environmental problems our water supply is running low, and there is a shortage of clean water. I think that action must be taken to keep a sufficient supply of drinkable water on our planet.
I think water is the new oil. Before reading this article i probably would have thought differently. This is because i never really thought about this before. I now realize that conservation is necessary. We need to preserve water, and do our best to keep from polluting it. So many people dont have the acess like i do to clean water. Im very fortunate for this. This is exactly like the oil issue we still continue to face. While water might, or might not be the new oil, it is equally demanded. Both need to be conserved, and it's good to know that people are working on varieties of solutions for this.
I think water is definitely the new oil. Think of it y isn't there another earth because there is no water in other planets. H2O is the most important substance living matter relies on. In my life clean water was always provided to me, but other places in the world clean water is very hard to get and many people die of due to shortage of clean water. Even if you don't believe water is the new oil, but you have to believe if there is enough clean water there might be no living matter on this planet earth.
I think people need to start doing, rather than reflecting on what could happen if we do not have a healthy water supply. Water is beneficial to life. In my opinion, it isn't even comparable to oil. As said before, rising sea levels may cause the remaining natural water resovoirs to be contaminated with the oceans salt. This most likely will not occur for some time but I think it is better to prepare for what will happen as opposed to waiting for it to happen, and then deciding what to do. Water pollution is also a rising problem. Someone needs to do something about the industries dumping pollution into the water.
I would say that water is the new oil. I think that people need to wake up and smell the coffee. THey need to realize that if we continue to pollute the water sources, the water will be almost as scare as oil. I think we have some time before water becomes as scarce as oil, but we definitely need to start being more environmentally conscious.
I think water could be the new oil. Since both supplies are running out we will need to use both with care and try to conserve as much as possible. With global warming happening the rate of us losing water is going up too. Hopefully an alternative energy source will be found.
RESPONSE! Honestly, I think many things are taken for granted in the world, let alone the country. I did not even know about International World Water Day! I think we need to have more awareness before things get bad and we lose our water suppy. New ideas and awareness is NEEEDED to save our resources that we use to survive!
Water is such a gift. You can't live that ling without it. Usually oil heats our homes in the cold months but what water could do the same thing. We do need to find other resources other than water to find our demanding needs. Water is becoming the new oil, I believe. We use it everyday!
I agree with all of these bloggers. Everybody has a point. Our water really is the "new oil". Nobody will come to realize our water supply is dimming until we reach that "we have no water" crisis. Water is a much needed staple, infact the human body is about 70% water.
I have no strong preference between sugar, HFCS, and artificial sweeteners. My dad encourages me not to eat products with artificial sweeteners because he is unsure of how healthy aspartame is (which is found in many sweeteners). I prefer sugar and HFCS over artificial sweeteners because diet coke and diet Pepsi don’t taste “right” to me. They have a “stale sweet” taste. Between, sugar and HFCS, I have never eaten something that comes with both sweeteners, so I cannot tell the difference. I feel that sugar is healthier. However, I am suspicious that HFCS is not as bad as all-natural advertisements claim. For now I will trust the experts and say that sugar is the healthier of the two. . (link is a period)
also, one sentence caught my attention:
"I don't know why anyone should need to be reminded of this, because it's so obviously important and so obviously solvable.”
-I was confused because no clear solution was mentioned in the article.
also, one sentence caught my attention:
"I don't know why anyone should need to be reminded of this, because it's so obviously important and so obviously solvable.”
-I was confused because no clear solution was mentioned in the article.
"I don't know why anyone should need to be reminded of this, because it's so obviously important and so obviously solvable.”
“Every $1 spent on water and sanitation can bring economic benefits averaging between $7 and $12.”
In the first sentence, I was confused because no clear solution was mentioned in the article.
In the second sentence, I grew suspicious because that estimate seemed extremely inaccurate. I know of nothing that can produce guaranteed 700% - 1100% gains. But, overall, in the name of ensuring a supply of fresh water, I would support the efforts described in this article. I would hate to see wars over water, or watch as population drops from waterborne illness. (Somehow part of this got on my blog response)
“Every $1 spent on water and sanitation can bring economic benefits averaging between $7 and $12.”
In the first sentence, I was confused because no clear solution was mentioned in the article.
In the second sentence, I grew suspicious because that estimate seemed extremely inaccurate. I know of nothing that can produce guaranteed 700% - 1100% gains. But, overall, in the name of ensuring a supply of fresh water, I would support the efforts described in this article. I would hate to see wars over water, or watch as population drops from waterborne illness. (Somehow part of this got on my blog response)
Water is the new oil. We, the people, need water to live. I felt sad when the article stated how billions of people cannot reach water. It's just horrible how people who have water abuse it. I think that we need to raise awareness to other people that there are people out in the world who are suffering. To save many lives, I think we should conserve water, so in the future we'll have a supply.
I think water is the new oil. Having safe drinking water is a right that everyone has, but bottled water corporations are still taking it over. You shouldn't have to pay a ridiculous amount for water. I think that there should be better ways to use and save water. This includes alot of lifestyle changes that people could make.
I completely agree with this article. Water is not a reusable resource and later on (hopefully not) may be limited. We need to conserve water as much as we can, or at least use it for something useful such as sending CLEAN water to people in Africa. No matter how much water we conserve, we will have a limited supply now or later. We could prevent this by replacing water (unlikely) or find new methods to get clean water from.
I feel we should conserve our water. There is so much water out there, but it is either salt water ir too dirty for consumption. We shouldn't let water become something that is in scarce supply because it is something we all need everyday. Water is just as necessary as oil(if not more) but we need to find new alternatives to these because we are running out. Spending money now on cleaning water would yield a profit because it would save money in health expenses.
I think that we as a whole need to keep a close eye on our water supply before we run it down so low that we have to start to preserve it or pay more. Also as a whole we need to keep our water clean, whether that involes a pure, cleaner oil or gasoline or whether we don't litter. If we cant keep the water clean we are going to need to find a new source of water or a new process of purification. If we spend more money know we will save in the future.
I agree with Robert that their data sounds a little fantastic and I wonder where they got those numbers. However, that does not mean that water is not the new oil. I think it may be. I think it is terrible that there are that many people who lack access to clean water. Over a million people, and 2.5 billion lack access for sanitation! I think something should be done to provide clean water for all these people who need it. It would be terrible to find in a few years that we have a very limited supply of water.
I do agree that "water will be the new oil." Just look at many Middle Eastern countries like Saudi Arabia. These countries have a certain"power" over other countries because they provide them oil. People who own oil companies, like the 1900's Rockefeller definitely had some influential power. Once water becomes scarce, those who own fresh water will have this power. People will need water, so eventually water will replace oil.
I do agree that water will become very scarce if we don't conserve it. Clean (drinkable) water is already very rare in places like Africa and in manty other parts in the world. It won't take long until water scarcity hits the U.S.
Awareness should be made, and water pollution should stop. In the end, this issue will affect us all.
Awareness should be made, and water pollution should stop. In the end, this issue will affect us all.
no i do not think that water will be the new oil. i think that if our need for water will increace then so will the need for oil. there is no water shortage, the ocean levels are rising. but i do think that we are running low on fresh water. i think we need to look at new technology to turn sea water to fresh water. they might sell water for rediculous prises but only iin places with sever drought.
I don't think that water should be considered the new oil.Water was meant be used as a daily item for our health and hygiene, not for our cars and heat. Water would be a good energy source and is available, but we use so much water everyday. If used for energy,the water supply could diminish. Oil costs a lot of money in this world. If water became like that, then water wouldn't be considered water in the same way anymore.
I don't think water is the new oil i think clean water is the problem. just not water itself but the stage that it is in. the world is surounded with 70% of water so finding it is not the problem unlike oil with is way harder to find. oil you have to pay for but i could get free water and i could just go out in the water founting and it's there. it is a major issue in pooor countries that don't have enough water that water becomes like oil. for the most oil is up there.
I think everyone needs to realize our depleting water supply and find new recourses before times get desperate. As a country we all need to do our share and conserve water. I think that we should get people informed on this important issue. This could change all of our lives. Like the article said we can live with out oil but not with out water. Look how much we pay for a luxury imagine how much we will pay for a necessity.
i think we should use water more cautiously. we need to save up our resources before its too late. we need to save our nonrenewable resources.
Post a Comment
<< Home

