29 November 2009
Postings Honors Bio
Comments:
<< Home
I think that this bias is useful and can be true. I personally think that it wouldn’t be as true for me at least because it got extremely confused taking the test. I found that as the test went on I understood and got used to what I was doing. Hand eye coordination has a major affect in this study too. I found that the survey was for the most part correct. I feel that I do prefer and think the ways that the survey claimed I did. I did somewhat consciously but not enough to completely admit it, what my results were going to be. I was not very surprised at my results.
I do think our brains are wired for prejudice. No matter how much we wish to deny it everyone is prejudice in one way or another. Everyone takes there first opinion on someone based on prejudice. Children grow up in prejudice and often take after there parents in what the think. Prejudice is inside everyone but some people can overcome it and bury it deep inside themselves.
I think that as you take more bias they become easy and more accurate. Hand-eye coordination has a large role in this bias. I felt that as the bias went on in was easier to sort the topics because I had a feel for what was going on. I do think that many factors go into what you are biased towards. A senior citizen is going to have completely different results then a teenager. This study covers most of them but how in depth they go into those things is another story. We could use the results of the bias to help ourselves and the world overcome more prejudice. These results could be crucial in creating greater equality.
I do think our brains are wired for prejudice. No matter how much we wish to deny it everyone is prejudice in one way or another. Everyone takes there first opinion on someone based on prejudice. Children grow up in prejudice and often take after there parents in what the think. Prejudice is inside everyone but some people can overcome it and bury it deep inside themselves.
I think that as you take more bias they become easy and more accurate. Hand-eye coordination has a large role in this bias. I felt that as the bias went on in was easier to sort the topics because I had a feel for what was going on. I do think that many factors go into what you are biased towards. A senior citizen is going to have completely different results then a teenager. This study covers most of them but how in depth they go into those things is another story. We could use the results of the bias to help ourselves and the world overcome more prejudice. These results could be crucial in creating greater equality.
This was a really interesting test and quite challenging. I was always afraid to get one wrong. My results were that I have a strong automatic preference for Young compared to Old which I kind of figured was going to be the case because I usually do not spend a lot of time with older folks except my grandparents. But it is interesting to see these results. And when I think about it I know there have been times when subconsciously I have stereotyped people based on their age. I think this might be because of my own experience with older people in my family. For example, I think some of the reason why I stereotype older people as having health problems and a not so optimistic outlook is because of my grandparents, specifically my grandfather who firmly believes that "Old age is bad news, boy." I really do not feel I am a prejudice person and I do believe stereotyping is bad but I think it is a part of everyone. I think the brain subconsciously stereotypes people to fill the gap between seeing someone and meeting them as a means for you to decide whether you are compatible with that person. This new knowledge can help me to change my subconscious habits by encouraging me to spend more time with older people to get to know them and the lives they have led. Maybe it will better prepare me for when I get to that stage in my life so that I am not perceived as the typical old man.
I think that this test was interesting but somewhat confusing becuse it took a lot of reasoning skills as well as hand-eye coordination. I also do think that our brains our wired for prejudice, whether we act openly or not. Ialso think that your answers might vary with age
The test was interesting and I have never really thought about bias too much. I dont know how well this test was because it was a little confusing because of the need for hand eye coordination. I do think the test was pretty accurate because I do tend to prefer one group over the other. I was not very surprised at my results.
Yes I do think our brain is wired for prejudice because everyone is whether or not they want to admit it.
The knowledge of our bias will effect us beause we may try not to be as bias. We could change our bias by maybe being nicer to the group we were more bias too.
Yes I do think our brain is wired for prejudice because everyone is whether or not they want to admit it.
The knowledge of our bias will effect us beause we may try not to be as bias. We could change our bias by maybe being nicer to the group we were more bias too.
I have a moderate preference for young people over old people. Honest? Yeah, I already knew. The best part of life is when you're young, right? Well, at least thats what I hear. It confused me when they switched it up like that, once I've adapted to something, I'VE ADAPTED. I really can't switch the two around, espicially since I know I have a preference for the young. One thing that helped me remember young=bad and old=good is that the years come with wisdom, even if the best times are with ignorance.
Yes, I think that our brains are wired to prejudice. How did we learn how to walk, talk, and act? From our parents, mostly. And where did they learn? From their parents, you're catching on. Depending on what kind of household, what environment/neighborhood you have, you are bound to be different from the next kid. Even if we could hold it in self-conciously, what about sub-conciously?
We could use this bias by admitting to having it. If we admitted to having it them we would know, yes, our answers are biased and may need tweeking to be made neutral, to see it in another light.
Yes, I think that our brains are wired to prejudice. How did we learn how to walk, talk, and act? From our parents, mostly. And where did they learn? From their parents, you're catching on. Depending on what kind of household, what environment/neighborhood you have, you are bound to be different from the next kid. Even if we could hold it in self-conciously, what about sub-conciously?
We could use this bias by admitting to having it. If we admitted to having it them we would know, yes, our answers are biased and may need tweeking to be made neutral, to see it in another light.
Well, when I took the test for the first time I was (no suprise) very confused. I sadly have no hand-eye coordination, and when trying to put one word in a certain category I would hit the wrong button, and get the answer wrong. The first time I took it, I got: "Your data suggests a slight automatic preference for Young compared to Old." Since I was positive my results were heavily affected by my many mistakes, I took the quiz again, and since I knew what was coming this time, I made less mistakes, and my result was "Your data suggests a slight automatic preference for Old compared to Young." I feel that the first result is my true subconscious bias. This was unsuprising. I associate old age with a lot of things, like health problems and retirement homes and wrinkles. And I associate "young" with "fun". So really, its no wonder I have a slight preference for Young.
Do I think that our brains are wired for bias? Well, yes. Not only because of the environment we grow up in, as many people have mentioned above, but also that we are probably born with this bias-ness. If you think about it, isn't that how we make decisions, and have opinions? Being biased isn't only limited to biases against other people-its for any opinion we might have. Of course, TOO much bias isn't a good thing either. When your strong opinions are bordering on prejudice, then you know you have a problem. An easy way to limit bias is to first be aware of it. When you KNOW you're being bias, it's just that much easier to stop and assess the situation.
Do I think that our brains are wired for bias? Well, yes. Not only because of the environment we grow up in, as many people have mentioned above, but also that we are probably born with this bias-ness. If you think about it, isn't that how we make decisions, and have opinions? Being biased isn't only limited to biases against other people-its for any opinion we might have. Of course, TOO much bias isn't a good thing either. When your strong opinions are bordering on prejudice, then you know you have a problem. An easy way to limit bias is to first be aware of it. When you KNOW you're being bias, it's just that much easier to stop and assess the situation.
I was fascinated by how bias our brain acts toward different races, gender and political opinions. I do not consider myself to be prejudice but according to the exercise I am, slightly. But this may because of the fast reflexes involved in taking the test. It was interesting how easily the mind judges people from their outer appearances. Although I think the household you grow up in has a great impact on your outlook of the world and the people in it. I do think our brain could be considered “wired for prejudice” because at a young age we are taught different values and ideas that may cause use to be prejudice against one race or idea. Everyone grows up in different households, therefore everyone has a different view on life, therefore they may be prejudice against other people. The knowledge of our bias could be used effectively by expressing different opinion and views to finally compromise to a set agreement. New ideas and ways of thinking allow for new inventions and cures to diseases. One way to “change” this bias is to explain to children at a young age that all people are different and we should respect each others personal opinion.
I found this test a bit confusing, only because of, as jillina said, the hand eye coordination. I think that most peoples minds are most deffinitally wired for preudice. As for myself, i think that i have a slight tendency to prefer young people, i believe this happens because i never really spend much time with older people, but it is not to say that have have anything against older people.
I believe that as people grow older, your prespective on age will change.
I believe that as people grow older, your prespective on age will change.
...(continued)... and what your take is on certain topics. Most of the test I took said that I wasn't biased to any particular group and I treated them both equally. I took this result kind of by surprise because I actually thoght that I would be biased towards some groups. I think this test was a good way to show that even though you might say that you're tolerant of everyone, it might not always be true.
I have actually took more than two tests and learned that in some areas I am biased towards certaion people and in other areas I am not. For example I am biased towards younger people than older people but I am not biased towards anyone becuase of their gender. I never thought that I was biased so It deffinetly supirised me. The test was also really confusing because you have to use a lot of hand eye cordination and it's a little hard. I abosloutely 100% agree that our brain is wired for prejidice until we are capable of making our own decisions. Some factors that affect how we think are our parents, siblings, teachers, our religion, friends,etc. We learn from our enviroment so lets say a 6 year old boy's parents don't like a certain ethnicity/gender/aspect of a person, when that boy grows up to be about 17-18 he probably will not like it either. I don't really know how we can change our "bias" ways other than we can teach younger people not to be bias extremely or prejudice.
To start off, I think what I learned mostly from this test is that my eyes get dazy from staring at the old and young eyes. But other than that, I learned that I have an automatic preference for young people compared to old people. I didn't think I would have an automatic preference. Another thing I learned is that I have a very low percent of preference for old people. I thought I would not because I hang around older people all the time like my grandparents. I was surprised about my biasness.
No, I do not think our brain is wired to be prejudice because it is how you want to be. People can be not prejudice at all, or be very prejudice. It is there choice so I believe our brain is not wired to be prejudice.
This knowlefge of our bias can be used effectively to do something about it and try to be less bias. We can change this bias by being open to different races and not to discriminate at all.
No, I do not think our brain is wired to be prejudice because it is how you want to be. People can be not prejudice at all, or be very prejudice. It is there choice so I believe our brain is not wired to be prejudice.
This knowlefge of our bias can be used effectively to do something about it and try to be less bias. We can change this bias by being open to different races and not to discriminate at all.
I was not really considered biased. The test was really confusing at certain points, so that may have affected my results. I have never really been biased toward people, and my only mistakes on the test were accidents.
I think that certain people are wired for bias, but it really depends on who they are. It all depends on people's personal preferences.
There is always a good way to use bias. There are many things in life that people should stay away from, and a bias of those things would never hurt. When you stereotype things or people, especially when you know nothing about it/them, that's where bias becomes an issue. Its hard not to label people, but sometimes an opinion can be the exact opposite of the real thing. Using bias negatively is wrong, but it can be used in a good way.
I think that certain people are wired for bias, but it really depends on who they are. It all depends on people's personal preferences.
There is always a good way to use bias. There are many things in life that people should stay away from, and a bias of those things would never hurt. When you stereotype things or people, especially when you know nothing about it/them, that's where bias becomes an issue. Its hard not to label people, but sometimes an opinion can be the exact opposite of the real thing. Using bias negatively is wrong, but it can be used in a good way.
This test was really interesting. I knew I am biased about lots of things already, but this really helped to open my eyes to how real it was. I think we create stereotypes and prejudice without really processing what we are doing. I think we also have a tendency to raise ourselves up automatically, at least in some ways. I knew that I could offend someone by pointing out their race or weight (or something of that nature) before taking the test. Now, I feel like it is a lot easier to do that because we subconciously create false oppinions about people.
Before this test, I would have said no, i don't think the brain is wired for prejudice. We reason through prejudice and get passed it. Now, I think yes, it is wired for prejudice, even if thats not the answer we want to hear. We do automatically create oppinions about people before we really know them, at least that is true for me. This, however, makes me want to say no to prejudice even more.
If we recognize this bias, we can work to further eliminate prejudice. If everyone is consious of their bias, maybe they will think twice about judging people or stereotypes. Then again, because it is in a way subconsious, maybe it will always be a part of human nature. Using the bias beneficially could help to create a more level "playing field" for everyone.
Before this test, I would have said no, i don't think the brain is wired for prejudice. We reason through prejudice and get passed it. Now, I think yes, it is wired for prejudice, even if thats not the answer we want to hear. We do automatically create oppinions about people before we really know them, at least that is true for me. This, however, makes me want to say no to prejudice even more.
If we recognize this bias, we can work to further eliminate prejudice. If everyone is consious of their bias, maybe they will think twice about judging people or stereotypes. Then again, because it is in a way subconsious, maybe it will always be a part of human nature. Using the bias beneficially could help to create a more level "playing field" for everyone.
I learned that I had a strong automatic preference for Young compared to Old. This does not surprise me because I spend most of my day surrounded by young and middle aged people. Also I feel that this specific age group teems with energy, where as older people have lived long lives and would rather live the rest of their days silently and in peace. I found that my hand-eye coordination was not as fast as I would have wished and that the ability for my brain to process information and decide between right and wrong answers was a bit lagging. I was trying to take my time and thoroughly examine each option as it appeared on my screen but I found that my urge to comply with the rules and go through the test fast got in the way of my persnicketiness.
I believe that our brains are wired for predjudice as a result of the environment we live in and with whom we surround ourselves. As I dont frequently come in contact with old people, even seeing my grandparents only occurs at most three times a year because they live in Europe, I find old people to be harder to figure out and more foreign to me. That is why I have a strong automatic preference for young compared to old.
This bias can be used to raise awareness and show that we need to have more of an integration of young and old. If younger and older people were to interact more frequntly, than this bias could change. Also if society learns to accpet that being old is okay and a part of life, then we will not have the need of plastic surgeries and such which physically make older people look younger. I believe that this interaction and better integration between these two age groups could result in more acceptance and a way for older people to share their knowledge, experience and wisdom with the younger generation.
I believe that our brains are wired for predjudice as a result of the environment we live in and with whom we surround ourselves. As I dont frequently come in contact with old people, even seeing my grandparents only occurs at most three times a year because they live in Europe, I find old people to be harder to figure out and more foreign to me. That is why I have a strong automatic preference for young compared to old.
This bias can be used to raise awareness and show that we need to have more of an integration of young and old. If younger and older people were to interact more frequntly, than this bias could change. Also if society learns to accpet that being old is okay and a part of life, then we will not have the need of plastic surgeries and such which physically make older people look younger. I believe that this interaction and better integration between these two age groups could result in more acceptance and a way for older people to share their knowledge, experience and wisdom with the younger generation.
I learned that I had a strong automatic preference for Young compared to Old. I am not surprised because I am around young people most of the time. Also I feel that young people have more energy and older people have lived for a long time and would rather live the rest of their days silently in peace and sleeping. I found that my hand-eye coordination was fast at first but as I went further into the quiz it got worse. I found that I started to get confused as the quiz went on further, I couldn't decide which item went into which category very quickly. After while I tried to take my time, but i had the urge to go faster and faster.
I believe that our brains are wired for predjudice because of what surrounds us and what is around us. I frequently come in contact with old people. Every Saturday i see my grandma, but other then that I guess I still perfer to be around young people.
This bias can be used to raise awareness and show that we need to have more of a mix of young and old. If younger and older people were to interact more often, than this bias could be different. Also if people learned to accept that being old is okay and a part of life, then we will not have the need of old people trying to look younger. I believe that a mix between these two age groups could result in more acceptance and a way for older people.
I believe that our brains are wired for predjudice because of what surrounds us and what is around us. I frequently come in contact with old people. Every Saturday i see my grandma, but other then that I guess I still perfer to be around young people.
This bias can be used to raise awareness and show that we need to have more of a mix of young and old. If younger and older people were to interact more often, than this bias could be different. Also if people learned to accept that being old is okay and a part of life, then we will not have the need of old people trying to look younger. I believe that a mix between these two age groups could result in more acceptance and a way for older people.
In this exercise I learned that I amongst many others are biased without meaning to be. My result was that I was a moderate automatic preference for younger people then old. I don't truly feel more or differently about either old or young people. I enjoy being with both of them. I think I'd automatically pick younger because I am young, times are different, and younger people understand eachother better. Hand eye coordination is a major part of this study. At first when I took this test I didn't understand, but as time went on i got the gist of it.
Yes, I do believe our brains our wired to be bias. I believe this because people can take 40 as an old person when it's not. Someone can take 20 a young person which they are not in people younger then them eyes. We all grow up thinking one thing is better then another or something is not up to the standards. We all grow up with things in our mind that may or may not be the right or wrong thing.
If we know about this bias maybe we will teach our kids one day or others that everybody's opinion is different, but things can be viewed as right or wrong, it depends on the person. I feel that if we know about this biast we can change our opinions or what we feel to not be bias.
Yes, I do believe our brains our wired to be bias. I believe this because people can take 40 as an old person when it's not. Someone can take 20 a young person which they are not in people younger then them eyes. We all grow up thinking one thing is better then another or something is not up to the standards. We all grow up with things in our mind that may or may not be the right or wrong thing.
If we know about this bias maybe we will teach our kids one day or others that everybody's opinion is different, but things can be viewed as right or wrong, it depends on the person. I feel that if we know about this biast we can change our opinions or what we feel to not be bias.
I agree with the topic and that the test is useful to some people. I new I was bias to elders more than younger people.This test was actually confusing and hard for me. You needed a lot of hand-eye coordination. that could can the study too. my results didn't surprise me at all.
My brain is definatly wired for prejudice and most of the people I know will agree with me. We have say that we aren't prejudice but we are deep down inside. Mostly people are prejudice from listening to there parents or friends.
This test definatly show me how biased I am. I also know that i should change my ways and become less bias towards one group.
My brain is definatly wired for prejudice and most of the people I know will agree with me. We have say that we aren't prejudice but we are deep down inside. Mostly people are prejudice from listening to there parents or friends.
This test definatly show me how biased I am. I also know that i should change my ways and become less bias towards one group.
I thought the test was different from any test i have taken. It tests your reflexes and hand-eye coordination. In this exercise, i found out that i have a strong automatic preference younger people than older people. I feel that the test was right because sometimes i do prefer younger people than older people. I guess it was really interesting to see the results and find out more about me.
I do think the brain is "wired for prejudice" because people tend to follow what there parents tell them or what kind of household they were bought up in. Also many people stick with their opinion of person when they first meet them.
The knowledge of our bias could be useful so we could change our ways and incorporate those who we tend to be prejudice about. We could change this "bias" by spending time with elders and younger people. This would expose us to all things people deal with, to show us why those people are the way they are.
I do think the brain is "wired for prejudice" because people tend to follow what there parents tell them or what kind of household they were bought up in. Also many people stick with their opinion of person when they first meet them.
The knowledge of our bias could be useful so we could change our ways and incorporate those who we tend to be prejudice about. We could change this "bias" by spending time with elders and younger people. This would expose us to all things people deal with, to show us why those people are the way they are.
These test was different from all the other tests i have taken. It tests your reflexes and hand-eye coordination. The results of my was that i have a strong automatic preference for younger people than older people. It opened my eyes to somethings because i never really felt that i prefer younger than older. I guess i was surprised by the test results because i do see that i tend to prefer younger than older people.
I do think that the brain is "wired for prejudice" because most people tend to follow what their parents tell them or what they heard their parent tell them. Most people also tend to stick to the first impression they have of the person and they will always think of them as that kind of person.
The knowledge of our bias could help us because then we know what we are really like and then we know what we could change to make ourselves better. The test could help show people what they are really like, instead of what they want to see. We can change our bias by not sticking to those first impressions of by trying to see what that person feels. We can change our ways by trying to see what they see and by spending time with older and younger people.
I do think that the brain is "wired for prejudice" because most people tend to follow what their parents tell them or what they heard their parent tell them. Most people also tend to stick to the first impression they have of the person and they will always think of them as that kind of person.
The knowledge of our bias could help us because then we know what we are really like and then we know what we could change to make ourselves better. The test could help show people what they are really like, instead of what they want to see. We can change our bias by not sticking to those first impressions of by trying to see what that person feels. We can change our ways by trying to see what they see and by spending time with older and younger people.
This exercise really changed my mind on how I look at old people and young people. It makes me realize that I am bias towards old people and I did this sub-consciously. We may not think that we favor one group over another, yet we still do it. This test, at least I thought, is something that people should take to just inform them on their choices and actions. In turn, this might help people to not have a bias and just be neutral, if thats even possible. I also thought this test involved more hand-eye coordination than actual preference of the user. I found myself confused after the test started switching and then combining the controls.
I do think that our brains are wired for prejudice. Our brains choose which group they have a preference for. This is all sub-conscious to us though. Although, some people may be able to override this system and choose their own preference.
This knowledge of our bias can change our opinions on many different things. It can help prepare us to make the right choices while not having a bias for any group. This knowledge can make us think of everyone as an equal.
I do think that our brains are wired for prejudice. Our brains choose which group they have a preference for. This is all sub-conscious to us though. Although, some people may be able to override this system and choose their own preference.
This knowledge of our bias can change our opinions on many different things. It can help prepare us to make the right choices while not having a bias for any group. This knowledge can make us think of everyone as an equal.
I think this test can prove to people that our "brain is wired for bias." When growing up we look at the older adults and our friends who are becoming prejudice against different groups of people and then our brains soon develop to become prejudice as well. While taking this test, I felt pressured in answering the right question, plus my hand-eye coordination was not at its best. Overall I was not that surprised with my results. My results therefore made me aware that I am, to an extent, bias.
I believe that are brains are wired for prejudice. In our society, we watch as our elders show prejudice and bias behavior. Their behavior influences the youth, which makes them become, in one way or another, bias and/or prejudice.
Admitting that we are bias can be most effect. If the society becomes aware of our brains being wired for bias, then we can teach our kids to not be as bias, which can start a chain reaction thoughout the generations to follow.
I believe that are brains are wired for prejudice. In our society, we watch as our elders show prejudice and bias behavior. Their behavior influences the youth, which makes them become, in one way or another, bias and/or prejudice.
Admitting that we are bias can be most effect. If the society becomes aware of our brains being wired for bias, then we can teach our kids to not be as bias, which can start a chain reaction thoughout the generations to follow.
I think that I am a little prejudice because of my experiences with people. I don't think our brains are wired for prejudice, just that whatever experiences you have in your early life seem to follow you and influence you in your youth and older years. I believe that the test was created the way it is is to see the connection someone makes. When they pair up old people and bad and young people and good, then switch it, they can tell if you truly think young people are good and old people are bad or old people are good and young people are bad. Your age might also have an effect on the way you feel about another age group. If you are old, you may not like young people because you either want to be young again, or you think they know nothing, but they think they do. The same thing can happen the way young people think about old people, if you are young, you may think that all old people are crazy and know nothing. This test is influenced by many things, but I still believe that much of a persons feelings towards another age group is greatly influenced by your child hood memories. I was abused and neglected by my alcoholic father as a little kid, now i can't stand him and I celebrate the anniversary of the last time i saw him (four years from Halloween! =D ) and the fact that he left my mom before I was two never left a good mark on me. I will never like my dad because of the things he has done. This just makes me think that child hood experiences are very important to the way you feel about people in your grown-up years.
I would like to start by saying that this test was by far one of the most intriguing things i have ever seen. It told me that i have a slight preferance which i didnt think i had.After pondering upon the results i realized it was true. I found the test somewhat hard i lacked the hand eye coordination i guess. I think our brains are wired for prefeeance not nececaraly prejudice however i do believe it could be depending on where you are from. I think that it is human emotion that causes us to be wired for bias. our emotions and morals are many times what stops us from examining situations completly logicaly. So i feel that people as individuals will always have preferances in anything. Unles we were to eliminate peoples individuality and emotion than there is going to be preferance or bias.
I thought this test was interesting and useful. This test was confusing though. You needed to have really good hand eye coordination.I think that as we grow older, our perspectives change. I surprised to find out that I was prefering one group over another. I think that our brains are wired for prejudice whether we like it or not. As we grow older our perspectives on things change. The knowledge of our bias could help us because if you do find out that you're bias then you should just change the way you view things. It's a really easy thing to do. Be a tolerant person and accept people for who they are, and not their stereotype.
This survey was really interesting. At first it was really confusing and I got mixed up sometimes. My results were not that far off actually. I think because of what people are taught growing up they can be more biased than other people. I don't think our brains are wired to be prejudice of anything. But it is at home, what situations people went through that teaches people to be prejudice. There might be some initial bias, but most kids grow up and take after their parents beliefs. The knowledge of our bias can be taken and help us remind ourselves to keep an open mind. To change this bias we could learn about that person, place, thing, or whatever we're biased about. Once you learn about it you can say, "That isn't what I thought before," or "Hey, this isn't so bad."
I would like to start by saying that this test was the one of the most interesting things i have ever done. I felt i was rather bad at it due to my bad hand eye coordination. I found that i had a slight preferance that i was skeptical about at first. After much consideration i discovered my results were quite acurate. I found that i was some what unconsciusly biased.
I think that our brain is wired to have preferance not prejudice. I feel prejudice is learned. I feel the cause of this is human individuality and emotion. Our own thought morals and emothions are what causes us to not look at every situation the same. Thus we all have a differant idea of logic. thus the differance i think causes us to have preferance or bias. Unles we were to devoid ourselves of all emotion and examine all situations the same than i feel we give up the very thing that makes us human. Preferances are what makes us who we are so i feel it cant be fixed. Our society is built upon differant ideas of people who all think differantly. So while extreme biases can be very bad sligth preferances are completly alright.
I think that our brain is wired to have preferance not prejudice. I feel prejudice is learned. I feel the cause of this is human individuality and emotion. Our own thought morals and emothions are what causes us to not look at every situation the same. Thus we all have a differant idea of logic. thus the differance i think causes us to have preferance or bias. Unles we were to devoid ourselves of all emotion and examine all situations the same than i feel we give up the very thing that makes us human. Preferances are what makes us who we are so i feel it cant be fixed. Our society is built upon differant ideas of people who all think differantly. So while extreme biases can be very bad sligth preferances are completly alright.
I think thatthis test was really interesting. However, i was a lot confused from the start itself. As it went on, it got a bit more easier. I also think that the answer the test gave me is somewhat correct. But I think that most of the test is based on hand-eye coordination and how fast you can act. This also changes from question to question too as you might press the button faster than usual for no specific reason. So I dont know how much of the study is entirely correst. Toan extend though, it is pretty much right. And I think that the human brain is actually wired for prejudice. I am pretty sure that every single one of us have thought of someone else at some point of our life with prejudice about not essentially age, but race, sexual orientation, etc. This bias might actually help in a way that in trying to contain this bias and to be nicer to others in all ways. So it might actually be good for us.
This test was actually fun? I loved seeing what i would get but i defiantly think part of the test was coordination and use of your dominant hand.I was kind of surprised that i had a strong preference to Young people because i absolutely love old people:) and that i didn't know i had a preference at all? I thought it was at least 50/50, but part of this test could be flawed in the way that once i've seen something i need to continue in doing it that way, so when they switched up the words it was more of me going by what i had previously done not by what was coming onto the screen.
I do think our brains are wired for prejudice. We become prejudice from the things we surround ourselves with and what we learn from. For example if or parent dislike something we are not exposed to that certain thing because of their dislike toward it and we dislike it because that is what we have learned.
I think that if you take more bias you will become better at them and they will become more accurate. I feel that this test was strongly based on hand-eye coordination more than it was our brains. So to solve that problem i would probably say that it should do something differently that does not involve coordination. I don't think that there is anyway to prevent prejudices because everyone has at least one, its out of habit and we can't reprogram our brains. I don't think prejudices are a bad thing either as long as they don't get out of hand.
I do think our brains are wired for prejudice. We become prejudice from the things we surround ourselves with and what we learn from. For example if or parent dislike something we are not exposed to that certain thing because of their dislike toward it and we dislike it because that is what we have learned.
I think that if you take more bias you will become better at them and they will become more accurate. I feel that this test was strongly based on hand-eye coordination more than it was our brains. So to solve that problem i would probably say that it should do something differently that does not involve coordination. I don't think that there is anyway to prevent prejudices because everyone has at least one, its out of habit and we can't reprogram our brains. I don't think prejudices are a bad thing either as long as they don't get out of hand.
This was a very interesting test. It was concluded that I have a moderate preference for young people. I am not sure how accurate this is since I was having trouble with eye hand coordination. Though sometimes I do feel awkward around old people besides my grandparents. I am not surprised with my results. I believe that our minds are wired for prejudice. Whether we admit it or not. We also may not realize it sometimes because of the environment you are in. i think that we can change this bias. Anything is possible if you work hard enough for it.
I found the test very intresting. I was suprised who hard on some of the parts of the test were. I think this can be a real eye opener for some people on their state of mind. I think that the test might be hard for some people due to the eye hand coordination that it takes to do the test. It might wrongly down grade their final answer. Before the test I never saw myself as strongly supporting one side of the bias or prejudice thing. But as it turns out I'm slightly supporting the old. I think it might be because that one of the faces I kept thinking that it was old but it was a young face.
I think our brians are wired for prejucice. We grow up in a house hold of one specific kind of person. We go out think that our dad is the best ect. If we move for another country to here you will have to think that better of yourself than other people because you are still use to the situation that you grew up in. I don't think that there is no plus side to being bias because there is always someone who you are not giving a fair chance. I think that we can change our bias be taking those tests often and seeing our growth. One thing that we should not do is put what you are bias to on your resume or ID. Unless you were part of the KKK or the Black Panthers I don't think that people should know unless you outwardly show you thought idea.
I think our brians are wired for prejucice. We grow up in a house hold of one specific kind of person. We go out think that our dad is the best ect. If we move for another country to here you will have to think that better of yourself than other people because you are still use to the situation that you grew up in. I don't think that there is no plus side to being bias because there is always someone who you are not giving a fair chance. I think that we can change our bias be taking those tests often and seeing our growth. One thing that we should not do is put what you are bias to on your resume or ID. Unless you were part of the KKK or the Black Panthers I don't think that people should know unless you outwardly show you thought idea.
DARN IT I FORGOT ]= well, this experiment was extremely interesting. it's amazing how much better i did on the test comparing yound people to good things. i never thought i disliked old people... i also think that the order they introduced things had a lot to do with what happened, i mean it wasn't until closer to the end that i had gotten the hang of it! at any rate, maybe there is some tie. when i think about it, as wrong as it sounds, i would much rather talk to my aunts and uncles my mom and dad's age than talk to say my grandmothers or their friends at some family party. i suppose it makes sense. i think i agree with the statement of our brain being wired for bias though because of the way we're raised. probably about eighty percent of my time is spent with people within ten years of my age, and that's just one example. not to mention bias towards other things is heavily influenced by your religion, your family's political views, your immediate or extended families, and your method of school, among other things. i'm not sure how biased minds can be used effectively, but perhaps tey can be utilized as an accurate testing group to figure out how to eliminate it. as relevant as bia and prejudice are, i feel people can and do overcome it everyday.
The test was very interesting. It was very easy to mess up or make a mistake during the test. However, I think taking it was helpful to show that certain people have prejudice or bias about a different group of people. My results said that I favored young people over old people, which i slightly agree with but that is because i am young. I think a major bias for most people is that we favor the group of people that we belong too.(obviously) For example I doubt many young people like old people more than young people. Same with ethnicity race, gender of sexual preference. Even though I'm young i still thing elder people have wisdom, and more knowledge of history. And
In 60 years i may even think that young people are spoiled or misbehaved. Before i took the test i didn't realize how much i was biased for favoring young people.
I do think our brains are wired for bias. We may not realize or admit it but we get many of our beliefs from our parents, pop culture, and environment/town. I think no matter what kind of prejudice we have, you should still treat that opposing group with respect and not like they are inferior.
We could use this bias simply by knowing we have it or looking at it from a different point of view. Think "what if i belonged to this group of people?" "How would i think differently" And i do think bias occurs naturally in most people.
Post a Comment
In 60 years i may even think that young people are spoiled or misbehaved. Before i took the test i didn't realize how much i was biased for favoring young people.
I do think our brains are wired for bias. We may not realize or admit it but we get many of our beliefs from our parents, pop culture, and environment/town. I think no matter what kind of prejudice we have, you should still treat that opposing group with respect and not like they are inferior.
We could use this bias simply by knowing we have it or looking at it from a different point of view. Think "what if i belonged to this group of people?" "How would i think differently" And i do think bias occurs naturally in most people.
<< Home

