31 January 2010

 
Postings Honors Bio
Comments:
I feel stem cells are a great source of treatment for these chronic and so far incurable diseases. I disagree with most of the objections to the use of embryonic stem cells because usually the embryos will die during the nitrogen freezing process so if we can get something out of them why not. It's wasteful and stupid not get something out of them when they will die anyway. What really is unethical from my perspective is that we're extending lives and raising global demographics when we cannot even care for all of the people right now on this earth. But that's a different story. I feel that the US should continue research with stem cells because the more that we know the more we can use to cure diseases and this research could link us to other advances in the future. Of course, we should also pursue alternatives to stem cells to enhance our knowledge and as a back-up. I think it's great that we already have one alternative -namely, changing skin cells to other specialized cells - but I do not think it is as effective as the use of stem cells.
Pro Stem Cell- The Good Outweighs the Bad
 
I think that stem cells are a good way to treat diseases. It gives people a sense of hope that they might not of had before. I feel that they should use the embryonic stem cells because it could take a long time to help the numerous embryos that failed. They are deemed to be "dead," and why can't we help those who are dieing today. Out of all of the ones that failed how can we save them all? They also have "spare" stem cells that could be used to help. I think the United States should continue stem cell research because we can expand our knowings of the disease and find a way to help those suffering. Yes the US continue to search for alternatives to stem cell research, it could also lead to finding cures for other diseases that many suffer from.
Pro Stem Cell Research
 
Well done ray! Your argument was clear and evident with facts.
 
I believe that stem cells are a good way to treat a wide variety of incurable diseases. I think this research is very useful and interesting. Yes, this topic can be controversial, but I think that stem cells are a good treatment option.
Yes, I do think the United States should further stem cell research because it can save many lives.
Yes, the United States continue to search for alternatives to stem cell research as a back-up plan.

Click Here
 
There are many things to be said about research for incureable diseases, but first, let it be said that stem cell research seems to be a good sign of advancement. And with that, hope to those in need of help. In the process of obtaining stem cells, there is an ethical barrier of ethical and unethical. I personally think that it is indeed ethical to use embryonic cells if being wasted to help the living impaired. Having said that, I think that the U.S. should try to continue stem cell research for it's disease striken citizens, to further the knowledge of this nation. However, they should be careful case of defects.I also think that we should have alternatives to fall back on if stem cells are not the way to go. Or even, in great hope, surpassing the success of stem cells.

Pro
 
Stem cells are a good way to treat a wide variety of incurable diseases such as cancer. This research contains very useful knowledge and i think it's very interesting. Yes, i believe that this topic can be controversial, people have their own opinions. I personally think that stem cells are a good treatment option. Yes, the United States should further stem cell research because it can save many lives and open up many new fields in the medical reseach. Yes, the United States should continue to search for alternatives to stem cell research as a back-up plan for the treatment of cancer.



love youu mini me <3 (:
 
oh and here (:
 
I feel that the use of stem cells is a fantastic advancement in treating patients with various diseases, but only when used in a moral way. I am ecstatic when it comes to taking skin cells and transforming them into nerve and/or other kinds of cells. I think it is amazing to have the ability to save thousands of lives, even with the rapidly growing population (granted, that is another "problem"). However, I am very opposed to using embryonic stem cells. I very strongly believe that at the moment of conception, human life is created and that human life should not be destroyed. During the process of obtaining these stem cells, embryos are killed. Therefore, in my opinion, the usage of skin cells or embryonic-like cells, called induced pluripotent stem cells, (from what I've researched) is a much better alternative.
Yes, the United States should continue research on stem cells. It could potentially eliminate the diseases that are harming thousands of American citizens. They should also focus on creating procedures that are considered moral to as many people as possible.
Yes, I believe that the United States should continue research on other forms of curing disease. How much would a stem cell procedure like this cost and is there a more affordable way to stop these diseases? It is always good to have options.

Click here for a site that expresses all viewpoints.
 
The use and research of embryonic stem cells is extremely controversial. I don’t believe in embryonic stem cell research. It may save lives, but it is unnatural and kills embryos. It is the same thing as abortion; you are killing a potential life. Like Dan Becker, president of Georgia Right to Life said, "No one's right for a cure supersedes someone else's right to life." Funding for this research is coming from the taxpayers, weather they support the practice or not. Maybe all these new practices that use cells that don’t harm embryos are slightly more ethical but I believe we as not just a nation but as a world could come up with better ways to cure some horrible diseases. I do believe that stem cell research that doesn’t kill or harm potential life in any way are ethical and could be used though.

My links arent working so I will post them later.
 
There are many views on whether stem cells are ethical or moral to be changed into brain cells. This could help people who die each from diseases like Alzheimer's or Parkinson's. These diseases are purely genetic and people cannot influence whether they get it or not. Facts show that thousands of embryos that are used for in-vitro fertilization are frozen immensely in nitrogen. When they are thawed out, most of them die between the first and second stages of impregnation process. These are just discarded, flushed away in a sink, or left out in the air to suffer for 4 days. Most pro-life organizations haven't spoken up about the thousands of potential people are just being washed away, not even given a chance to become human. These embryonic stem cells can be used to replicate any type of cell within our bodies. If thousands of embryos are just being thrown out, we should start using them to harness the opportunity. Instead of killing thousands of embryonic stem cells, we can use them to cure many diseases. At one point, President Bush created a ban on using stem cells. But President Obama lifted that ban last year. So, we should make up for mistakes that Bush made and start using embryonic stem cells to cure diseases. I think the US should use stem cells as brain cells to cure disease because it only helps the people with disease and not anyone else. I think the US should also find alternatives to this process, so that all people opposed to this can actually help someone in need.
 
Stem Cells can help people who suffer from diseases like Alzheimers. Diseases like Alzheimers are genetic and people cannot decide if they want it or not. Many embryos that are used for in-vitro fertilization are frozen in nitrogen. When taken out, most of them die between the first and second stages of the impregnation process. They are just thrown out and got rid of. Most organizations haven't spoken up about the thousands of people that are just being killed off, not even given a chance to live. The embryonic stem cells can be used to replicate any type of cell in our bodies. If thousands of embryos are just being thrown out, we should start using them to help other people. Instead of killing thousands of embryonic stem cells, we can use them to cure many diseases.

Stem Cells Help
 
I feel that this way of treatment brain cells is wrong. There is no reason for us as a community to kill the living child for the least possible chance that it will work. There is no one that had this treatment that improved.I think the pro out weigh the cons of this type of treatment.
 
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
Stem cells are a great way to treat these chronic diseases. These stem cells could save people from dieing, which is the best thing to help other people. Since many embryonic cells are being wasted, i think it is ethical to use embryonic cells to help those in need. I believe that the United States should still keep researching stem cells, because the more we know about them, the more we are able to use them and maybe help cure these diseases and the more advanced we will be in the future.
There are more Pros then Cons!
 
I do think NY should continue to fund non-embrionic stem cell research. I do belive the US should search for new methods and alternatives for stem cell research.

link

Myths about stem cell research
 
This articale talks about stem cells. It says that stem cells are the body's master cells, the source of all cells and tissue, including brain, blood, heart, bones and muscles. They also give you a bunch of facts on stem cells.
I feel that the United States should continue this because we can find out a lot of information and hoefully one day cure diseases. I think searching for alternatives can be a great idea. Some people may not agree with stem cells.This website agrees with me and how i feel about stem cell research.
 
Our current implementation of stem cell research considerably lacks the sophistication and knowledge necessary to produce fruitful results. Existing bureaucratic policies currently hinder the progress of this field, and hence the development of mankind as a whole. Humanity as a whole cannot proceed when limited by trivial moral obligations concerning the destruction of cells, while countless living human beings die due to the negligence of the public. For us to thrive as a race, we must seek all avenues of stem cell research; for only information and knowledge can propel us to the stars.

P.S.
Hi Mr. Johnson!!!!
 
I believe that stem cells are a great way to treat chronic diseases. Stem cells could be saving many lives. Scientists are hoping to harness the transformational qualities of stem cells to treat a variety of diseases. This would help out our world tremendously. Many states including New york have funded this research. I think that this treatment is interesting. I think the U.S. should continue stem cell research. I think this because the more research we do, the more information we'll have to help treat diseases. I think that the U.S. should continue to search for alternatives to stem cell research. You practically always need extra options.
Link
 
I believe that the stem cell cures are truly innovative. it's incredible how far science has come in medicine. my views personally are rather controversial because on one hand, it's a sin in my religion, but on the other hand my grandmother is seriously ill, suffering from Alzheimer's. I would probably have to compromise and opt for the more ethical skin cell research, though with reluctancy. i don't, however, necessarily believe that the U.S. should continue stem cell research extensively, but rather pursue other medical endeavors, because religious morals often inhibit people from advocating a practice, and, therefore, we should try and cater to all the sick... i think it's unethical /:
 
Stem cells offer much hope for medical advancement because of their ability to grow into almost any kind of cell. For instance, neural cells in the brain and spinal cord that have been damaged can be replaced by stem cells. In the treatment of cancer, cells destroyed by radiation or chemotherapy can be replaced with new healthy stem cells that adapt to the affected area, whether it be part of the brain, heart, liver, lungs, or wherever. Dead cells of almost any kind, no matter the type of injury or disease, can be replaced with new healthy cells thanks to the amazing flexibility of stem cells. As a result, billions of dollars are being poured into this new field.
But, on the other hand, the ethical issues attached to this kind of research are not to be ingnored. The creation of a human embryonic stem cell line requires the destruction of a human embryo, and that very idea seems monsterous to me.It is often claimed by pro-life supporters that the use of adult stem cells from sources such as umbilical cord blood has consistently produced more promising results than the use of embryonic stem cells. Furthermore, adult stem cell research may be able to make greater advances if less money and resources were channeled into embryonic stem cell research.
It is my belief that we shouldn't rely on stem cell research completely. I doubt that this is the only solution, and it should be used sparingly, if at all. There is always the chance of finding other ways to cure the diseases in the nearby future- the possibilities are endless.
=)

~ZahraaB~
 
I am for stem cell resaerch. i feel it is an amazing thing and it could help so many people. Now that there is a way to obtain stem cells without the destruction of a human embyro there should be more money put into it. I feel it is now a more ethical situation and i beleive it will help millions of people worldwide. It may also lead to more biological advancements.
 
I totally agree that stem cells are a great way of treatment. If It can help so many people, I am absolutely sure that our government should continue the reasearch. Thousands of "dead" embryos are being wasted. So why not use it to keep some people around us alive? I believe that if there is a way to retain a life without taking another one, we should totally utilize it. However, there are also many problems related to it. Especially, some religious beliefs totally rejects this. So we should also consider these. Yes, the government should try to find alternate methods too because of the same reason. But overall, i think that it is awesome as it helps thousands all over the world.

here you go =)
 
I feel stem cells are a good sign of advancement for society. Stem cells help cure people with diseases like Alzheimers and etc. When using embyonic stem cells that are frozen, you put them to good use for people since they usually die and are not given a chance to live. I feel stem cells should be put to some use farther then them dying off. People who can't choose if they want these diseases should be given a second chance.

Beneficial Stem Cells
 
I think that stem cells are a good source of treatment for the chronic and incurable diseases. I personally think that it is ethical to use embryonic cells to help the living impaired. Its stupid not to use the cells because they are going to be discarded anyway. I feel that the US should continue research with stem cells because we can use them to cure diseases. Of course we should try and find more alternatives to the stem cell research to further the progress made. Usually the embryos will die during the nitrogen freezing process so if we can get something out of them than i think it is a good idea. Since I am for the stem cell research here is a link that is too.
 
Stem cells open new possibilities to helping poeple with tragic and disabling diseases. This is very controversial but it would help save many people who would needlessly die. I think that it is a good idea to continue stem cell research as long as it is done in a moral and ethical way. Just in case this blows up in everyone's face, we should research alternate methods. They also might be cheaper or even more effective than stem cells. Click here.
 
In my opinion stem cells are a wonderful treatment option for people suffering from chronic diseaes such as cancer. I strongly disagree with those who feel that the use of embryonic stem cells is not acceptable. First of all, 75 percent of all embryos die during the nitrogen freezing process. If this is the case, you might as well put these "humans" to use if they are going to die anyway. Letting them just die, without any contribution to science is just a waste. In my humble opinion, a human is not a person until it is delivered into this world and has left the confines of the womb. These embryos cannot even be considered fetuses, but thats a whole different ethical issue. I belive that the US should continue research on stem cells. The more we know about stem cells, the greater our chances of being able to cure diseases. The government should also continue its search for an alternative to stem cells This alternative might silence religious groups and other pro-life groups and allow for the opportunity for people to come together, instead of bickering over ethical issues and work to find a cure for chronic diseases such as cancer.
 
I feel that stem cells are a great way to cure disease and if scientists can harness this transformational cell, it could be a break through in the world of healthcare. I personally would be skeptical at first and would certainly not volunteer to be the first in trying out the experiment but for people in need i think this is as good a chance as any other medicine out there. I believe that the U.S. should continue stem cell research. Anything that can make a difference in the lives of people or has the slightest chance of curing diseases should be further tested until proven it is unable to work or is useless. I also believe that the U. S . should search for alternatives to stem cell research just to look at other possibilities and maybe even find a better solution.Stem Cell Debate
 
good day before the superbowl morning!
hj
 
I dont really enjoy the thought of stem cells, but i would result to it in a last minute situation. it is not my favorite method, but if it works, i will accept it. there could be many things that go wrong in the process though. Im against the stem cell research, but only to a certain point. i think that it should be limited. there should be a certain amount that can be done. The US should continue to research it, but we should think about how much is actually put into affect. link
 
I think stem cells are a good way to treat many diseases. I think the use of stem cells is ethical. Many embryos will be discarded or permanently unneeded. Why waste the embryos when they can be used as treatment for people who need them. I think the United States should continue stem cell research. I do not see a reason not to continue research. Their research could possibly find the cure for many people. I also think the United States should continue to search for an alternatives to stem cell research. They might just come across an even better solution then stem cells.
Pro Stem Cell Research
 
I think that stem cells are a great way to treat many harmful diseases like cancer. I dont think that its right to take the life of a human embryo though. Even though an embryo cant talk or act like a human, its still the beginning of a human. And to get stem cells, people have to kill embryos in the process. I do think that the US should continue stem cell research because there are still many unknown, ethical ways to get stem cells. If people give up now, the cures for diseases like cancer may never be found. I also think the US should continue to search for alternatives for stem cells, because its not fair that we have to kill embryos to get the cells. Its like killing a fully developed human who can talk and do things, without getting a reaction; its basically murder.


LINK
 
checked =)
 
I think stem cell research and the use of stem cells are great if they are using it to help cure incurable diseases. I am torn on the controversial topic of the use of embryonic stem cells, but all in all, I think if the U.S is finding ways to help our country then why not give it a try?

I dunno...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?